facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 26, 2005, 03:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Guys.........Please be optimistic!

I think everyone's forgetting this was the same team which bounced back scoring 326 after being bowled out for a paltry 90 against the Sri Lankans, which also included the youngest test centurion. This was the same team which was all out for 97 in the first test against Australia, but then went on to score 295 on a greentop pitch. If everyone views our first innings at Lords as the worst, then they should just have some glimpses of Pakistan's batting in tests against Australia at Sharjah, where they were bundled out for less than 60 in both the innings. In every series, we've shown some level of competitiveness, in Australia we came up with 295, lost in Pakistan by a single wicket, giving England several moments of discomforts in the first test at Dhaka, defeating a pre-Zimbabwean crisis side in Zimbabwe, almost going on to win an odi and drawing a test in the Carribean, giving the Kiwis a minor hiccup in the 2nd odi which we lost by 3 wickets and defeating the Indians at home, and ofcourse our first test and odi series win this Jan.
Lets be patient with our boys; they've displayed some great fighting performances in the past and they'll surely repeat it in this series. Don't worry Bangladesh, we'll be there with you all the way........

Old May 26, 2005, 03:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

this is the same team that went all out for 87 couple times.

this is the same team that did not win in 34 tests.
this team likes to finish off the business in 3 days so that they can have fun the other two days. this team has a captain who does not know the meaning of common sense. this is the team who keeps getting debutants one after another and through them away after failing one after another. yeah, so much for being optimistic.
Old May 26, 2005, 03:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tokai
this is the same team that went all out for 87 couple times.

this is the same team that did not win in 34 tests.
this team likes to finish off the business in 3 days so that they can have fun the other two days. this team has a captain who does not know the meaning of common sense. this is the team who keeps getting debutants one after another and through them away after failing one after another. yeah, so much for being optimistic.
Old May 26, 2005, 04:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

israr! those are some pretty good points.

Here are my impressions after watching the Day 1:

Batting:

1. Footwork shambolic...specifically the backfoot was rarely in the right places. Our batsmen simply didn't get behind the ball.

2. Our batsmen are very uncomfortable leaving balls outside the off-stump.

3. I felt they were trying to hit the ball too hard rather than trying to time it right.

4. Bashar's dismissal was the most painful to watch.

5. Mushfiqur Rahim is a compact batsman with decent technique, and I believe, has a bright future ahead.

6. Masud was playing well until he got that horrible decision from the umpire.

7. Whats up with Mashrafee? He batted like this was the first time in his life he had come across a bat?!

8. Rafique's run-out was heart-breaking...he seemed to be in good touch, and his presence would have added another 30 odd runs to our pathetic total.

Bowling:

1. Our bowlers are not very effective against left-handers. They were bowling the wrong line (too much on leg-stump) and too short especially in the post-lunch session.

2. We looked like taking wickets once rafique came on...he created two easy chances...I can't help but think that may be Enamul Haque should have been in the line-up. The English players obviously play pace pretty competently.

3. Bashar should not field at slips.
Old May 26, 2005, 04:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by israr
I think everyone's forgetting this was the same team which bounced back scoring 326 after being bowled out for a paltry 90 against the Sri Lankans, which also included the youngest test centurion. This was the same team which was all out for 97 in the first test against Australia, but then went on to score 295 on a greentop pitch. If everyone views our first innings at Lords as the worst, then they should just have some glimpses of Pakistan's batting in tests against Australia at Sharjah, where they were bundled out for less than 60 in both the innings. In every series, we've shown some level of competitiveness, in Australia we came up with 295, lost in Pakistan by a single wicket, giving England several moments of discomforts in the first test at Dhaka, defeating a pre-Zimbabwean crisis side in Zimbabwe, almost going on to win an odi and drawing a test in the Carribean, giving the Kiwis a minor hiccup in the 2nd odi which we lost by 3 wickets and defeating the Indians at home, and ofcourse our first test and odi series win this Jan.
Lets be patient with our boys; they've displayed some great fighting performances in the past and they'll surely repeat it in this series. Don't worry Bangladesh, we'll be there with you all the way........
Fantastic post.
Old May 26, 2005, 04:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Guys.........Please be optimistic!

I am trying.... but all those nightmare hunting me. I need a sleeping pill.
Old May 26, 2005, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Default Prescription

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
I am trying.... but all those nightmare hunting me. I need a sleeping pill.
Fazal
Cricket Legend

Rx
Dormicum 7.5 mg
1 x every night (until the test series is over)
Old May 26, 2005, 05:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

I know Enamul can do havoc to English batsman. But our coach THE DaV has failed to realize that. And we are paying for this. I know he argued to exclude Enamul in the selection.
Old May 26, 2005, 05:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

enam will probably be in...id still like to keep shahadat...he must bowl faster than what he was at lords