facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 6, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Teams have already been assigned numbers 1-16. So just do an online lottery to see who goes first, and then post the screenshot.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old August 6, 2012, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I suggest we do a double picks with a draft lottery once all 16 teams are set. I think there are enough quality players to please everyone, and you can always try and trade for the player you didn't get.
What you mean? You mean reshuffle the order?

BTW this is the order as of now,

NW (Bulls)
ATMR (TT)
Ajfar (Celtics)
Nadim (Heat)
Maysun (Kings)
Zunaid (Cowboys)
Moc (NYR)
S_NR (SFS)
Tonoy (Mariners)
B_K (NO)
K_Sox (Flyers)
KP (Lions
Isnaad
T_E (KCC)

Then we flip it over every round. Im sure you all know how the snake draft works. So don't be dishearten to be the 15th and 16th team as you will be top 2 at every other round.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:11 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Teams have already been assigned numbers 1-16. So just do an online lottery to see who goes first, and then post the creenshot.
You mean not go by the order they sign up in? LOL. Mr. #8. I don't think the top 5 or bottom 5 would be up for that. But if they say they don't mind, I don't mind either.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Savant

A lottery involving each of the 16 numbers is the most FAIR thing in an inaugural draft because NOBODY gets an unfair advantage that way just for signing up earlier than others. Number 8 can come up last in the lottery and go last also. MLC can offer brownie points for that but NOT player picks if it wants to be fair. Think about it

The typical "last place finisher goes first" (unless that pick is traded) and so on makes sense from only the second season for obvious reasons.

Cricket is a contest between a batsman and a bowler and a double pick makes sense because those are the "icon" playerS a GM can build his team around.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 6, 2012, 01:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I vant 2 flay
Old August 6, 2012, 01:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I vant 2 flay
Then sign up now. Pasht cam, pash sarbh
Old August 6, 2012, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
A lottery involving each of the 16 numbers is the most FAIR thing in an inaugural draft because NOBODY gets an unfair advantage that way just for signing up earlier than others. MLC can offer brownie points for that but NOT player picks if it wants to be fair. Think about it

The typical "last place finisher goes first" (unless that pick is traded) and so on makes sense from only the second season for obvious reasons.
Like I said, I have no problem doing. I'm not even in the draft. So I have no issues with it . But as MLC did promise that early on to get people to join quickly. So MLC would be breaking that promise. But if the those first 4-5 guys don't mind the reshuffle, MLC have no issue doing it either.

Now that I think about it, it IS more fairer. I have to agree with you on that. And MLC is all about being fair and professional. I think we've been so far. So what you guys think. Looking at you NW, ATMR, Nadim, Ajfar, Maysun.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Then sign up now. Pasht cam, pash sarbh
Denver/Calgary or Pittsburgh only cities left....

I'll go with the big bad Steelers
Old August 6, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I vant 2 flay
I have been waiting for you brah! Follow post 301. THat was the last post where I explained everything again, more clearly for the 10th time. Welcome aboard.

Now we wait for Spitfire_x86. Mr. Fantasy winner. Lets see if he can play the real game well!
Old August 6, 2012, 01:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:

The steel curtain has already rusted.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:39 AM
Banned

^umm wow...this is all a bit intricate. I'll need a bit of time to sort this out...joining up late is crap
Old August 6, 2012, 01:40 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:

Boom! Done. I'll PM you the jersey and stuff. Just read through 301. And fill it out.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Let me put it this way, EVERYONE wants Chris Gayle and Lasith Malinga as his double pick for icon batsman and bowler. The most fair way to see who goes first is through a random draw involving all 16 numbers.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Let me put it this way, EVERYONE wants Chris Gayle and Lasith Malinga as his double pick for icon batsman and bowler. The most fair way to see who goes first is through a random draw involving all 16 numbers.
Make the first season random draft order and follow NFL like order based on ranking on the previous season.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Make the first season random draft order and follow NFL like order based on ranking on the previous season.
Agree 100%. That's exactly what I've been pushing for.

Quote:
A lottery involving each of the 16 numbers is the most FAIR thing in an inaugural draft because NOBODY gets an unfair advantage that way just for signing up earlier than others. Number 8 can come up last in the lottery and go last also. MLC can offer brownie points for that but NOT player picks if it wants to be fair. Think about it

Cricket is a contest between a batsman and a bowler and a double pick makes sense because those are the "icon" playerS a GM can build his team around.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:47 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
True, I guess the best thing would be to do is get rid of that promised double pick for round 1, pick 1 for NW. That'd be another broken promise for NW.

But we won't do that IPL thing where they assign "ICON" player. I always found that dumb. There is no extra boost for ICON player. No signing Icons. Just the captain.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Savant

I love how all this conceptual Americanization has made the MLC already so much more intricate and exciting. GOD bless the United States of America, we do professional sports right MashAllah!
Old August 6, 2012, 01:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
True, I guess the best thing would be to do is get rid of that promised double pick for round 1, pick 1 for NW. That'd be another broken promise for NW.

But we won't do that IPL thing where they assign "ICON" player. I always found that dumb. There is no extra boost for ICON player. No signing Icons. Just the captain.
That's why I put the word in quotes. The IPL khyatami associated with that word makes me cringe with revulsion. I mean KEY duo.
Old August 6, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I love how all this conceptual Americanization has made the MLC already so much more intricate and exciting. GOD bless the United States of America, we do professional sports right!
Wait till we take it outside of this thread, and make it happen for real one day.

USA! USA! USA!

*Quietly goes back to listing players*
Old August 6, 2012, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I love how all this conceptual Americanization has made the MLC already so much more intricate and exciting. GOD bless the United States of America, we do professional sports right MashAllah!
That's why even watching the draft itself is so riveting.
Old August 6, 2012, 02:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Exclamation Pitch Selection

This How I Did Mine

I considered the following:

1. Team philosophy: aggressive, cohesive, and absolutely ruthless masters of our own, inhospitable environment, the one and only Candlestick Park.
We will take no prisoner. We will leave no doubt.
We will chew up the devil and spit him out just watch him suffer before he dies.
Yes, your hell can be cold, windy and foggy in the middle of the summer.

2. Geographical location and unique weather pattern of my home ground.

3. A fast and bouncy pitch that grips well and offers enough variation to accommodate our panoramic attack, but doesn't deteriorate in a 3-4 hour match. A pitch built by a Curator with a solid reputation to build such pitches.

4. The type of players (each with exceptional hand-eye coordination/pace/swing/revs/drift) who will give me the decisive advantage under those conditions while being more than capable of being just as brutal in totally different conditions.

Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid!
Old August 6, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Bowling Coach: Curtly Ambrose
Andy Flower (Batting + Fielding Coach)
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 6, 2012, 02:09 AM
Banned

So a billionaire from my area - someone born in Pittsburgh or has to be based in Pittsburgh?

*Bear with me...this is going to be painful
Old August 6, 2012, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So a billionaire from my area - someone born in Pittsburgh or has to be based in Pittsburgh?

*Bear with me...this is going to be painful
Mark Cuban is a native.

Or let them have the same owners as the NFL steelers.
Old August 6, 2012, 02:23 AM
Cricket Savant

1. I encourage my pacers to hurt opposing batsmen and reward them when they do.

2. I encourage my spinners to make opposing batsmen feel retarded and reward them when they do.

3. I encourage my batsmen to emasculate opposition bowlers and then seduce their WAGS, and reward them when they do.

That's what Sharks cricket is all about guys, and we do it with peace, love and political correctness