facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

^^stop calling people idiots simply because they don't see it the way you do. The international stage is not a piece of cake for the average cricketer and it takes TIME to setlle in. There is no reason Nazim cannot sort out his technical problems in the future. An utter crap player does not score double century in domestic cricket and fifty on test debut.

Old March 21, 2012, 12:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

he really needs to improve his footwork to do well and more practice
Old March 21, 2012, 01:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS

hmmm ...do you see a resemblance
Indeed "exquisite" timing.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2012, 01:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Like I said before in my previous post in this thread, Omi needs to work on the cut and pull/hook/duck. Thta's his only weakness but fortunately, its not a wekness that cant be solved at this stage. Lots of players from the subcontinent have the same trouble, but if worked on, it can be solved, like Ganguly proved, so did Steve Waugh, or even to a certain extent our own Imrul Kayes(Surprised?).

I mean when England toured Bangladesh, they peppered him with short ones when Imrul's weakness was exposed, however, on the return tour, you could see, Imrul got alot better against the short stuff, since Siddons worked on him, even though he still got out to short ones, he wasnt as uncomfortable facing them. So this weakness can be worked on, (however I wish we had a batting coach like Siddons in the team, as even though I like Law, I dont exactly see him workinhg one-on-one with a player to improve his technique)

However, Omi's techniqal issues are not as bad while unfortunately, the more I seee of Nazimuddin, the more I think he doesnt belong in this level. Nazimuddin's techniqal problems are the sort that cant really be solved in this level, as even thoough there are palyers whose footwork are inadequate, atleast those players are good in their balance-shift, however, Nazimuddin doesnt seem to be gifted in the balancing area either. Also, he isnt good against the short ones. Nazimuddin's problems are basic, his very forundations are wrong and the international stage is too high for someone to be taught the basics again.

So this is a connundrum, as I dont want to see the likes of Sharier Nafees, Imrul or Junaid return in the national fold as a partner for Tamim. So we need someone else who is aggressive as an aggressive partner on the other end makes Tamim able to steadily build his innings without having to look for the big shots, as with Imrul, Tamim had to always be the aggressor which wasnt good for him. So I pray we have a good agrressive opener somewhere out there in the country.

I havent seen Anamul play, is he really that good? Like you guys keep talking about?
Old March 21, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I honestly feel guys like (definitely) Bijauy or (probably) Fazle Rabbi can or will do any worse than Mofees, Zunaed or KaEdge. But I doubt we'll break the "winning combination" unless Law steps in and tries to strengthen the real winning combination by getting rid of harmful dead weight.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2012, 05:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Do something great in the final....and shut all criticism...if you have it in you.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

He has failed as an opener after given the opportunity he needs to work harder. I dont think that Junaid or Imrul will do worse, at least they might score into double figures.
Old March 21, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Assuming that he would still suck tomorrow - I say promote Omi as opener and bring Anamul in and let him bat down the order. Or Mominul, for that matters. I dunno if Asif is ready yet though.
Old March 21, 2012, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Shakibrulz I was just going through old threads which were posted during 2010 Asia Cup....I think those were the days when you just joined BC. I can't believe how time flies by and how well our players have improved...that time all of you were arguing in how pathetic BD played against all the teams and now all of us are contemplating in which players will be good for winning conditions....simply amazing!

You were also commenting on the match against Pakistan where Junaid scored 97 and how pathetic CI commented when he got out by Shoaib Akhtar.....that was a very humiliating position for us..

Nah BD tigers have improved a LOT....and I would very much want to see them win tomorrow against Pakistan.
Old March 21, 2012, 06:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I am starting to believe Imrul Kayes is the second best opener in the country . He at least gives us a platform . I like Nazmiuddin's batting . Sadly it lasts less than my average toilet break.
Old March 21, 2012, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Have you even seen him bat before??
He used to move his feet very well but was always getting out LBW to the in cutters...

As a result he adjusted his batting style, now takes a leg stump guard and plants his feet instead of moving it. and even with sharp off cutters, he usually gets an inside edge to the pad... The ball kulasakera bowled was an anomaly, usually balls dont swing and seem so much, and hence he missed most of his bats and got out...

IT doesnt look pretty but he has been successful against the Pakistan attack in tests against the swinging ball and that says a lot about this man..
So cut him some slack..
Old March 21, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Shakibrulz I was just going through old threads which were posted during 2010 Asia Cup....I think those were the days when you just joined BC. I can't believe how time flies by and how well our players have improved...that time all of you were arguing in how pathetic BD played against all the teams and now all of us are contemplating in which players will be good for winning conditions....simply amazing!

You were also commenting on the match against Pakistan where Junaid scored 97 and how pathetic CI commented when he got out by Shoaib Akhtar.....that was a very humiliating position for us..

Nah BD tigers have improved a LOT....and I would very much want to see them win tomorrow against Pakistan.
Well on a totally unrelated note - I agree entirely - last Asia cup was a disaster for BD, and contrast that with this - that's some leap.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Well there is lot of negative comments about Nazimuddin here.
First time he came to the nationak team,he was like an explosive type opener then the ICL saga.He was lost.After some good domestic cricket he came to the scene from no where to a test opener.He played some some excellent cricket in tests.Nazimuddins most weakest link is short formats.Thinking him as an ODI opener is not a good idea to me.
His foot work is relly poor.Then how come he is so successfull in FC ? To me its because of hi excellent ball selection and timing.For this two reason i have hope about him.But he is not ready for short formats.He should play only test.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

polata amake hotash korlo.
may be it's time to bring Kaedge in? IDK, confused.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

He will play the knock of his life tomorrow....
Old March 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I wish and pray he does that tomorrow
Old March 22, 2012, 09:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Rubbish player - yes, he saw off the new ball, but this isn't bloody test cricket.

His 16 off 52 killed the momentum Tamim built at his end, and set us back. Doesn't have the ability to find gaps, and get singles.

16 from 52....WTF.
Old March 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Hopeless case. This should be end of his international career.
Old March 22, 2012, 10:29 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
spot on
Old March 22, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

I'll have my Imrul back plox.
Old March 22, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Kayes is far better
or try Anamul
Old March 22, 2012, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Has to go. Either Imrul Kayes or Junaid is a much better option
Old March 22, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

shame on you...because of shahdat n You ...we lost today SHAME SHAME!!!
Old March 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
Banned

He needs a good beating from his Mushy and Co.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Nazimuddin needs to go for good. Again it's not like he's a new kid still trying to learn. He's a fully developed player now and this is the best he can do. Can't really expect to become a world class player from a guy who doesn't have the tools.

It's time to give Anamul a go as opener. He might be young and inexperienced. He might struggle initially but again it's better to invest in some young talent rather then recycling ordinary players.