facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Bang on! I was commenting on this in the match thread too. Mash should have tried to really bulldoze Shenwari and Nabi early on with more imaginative field placements. Move cover to cover-point and move cover to gully, and have a 4 man cordon behind the batsman. Entice them into the drive and look for that edge. This is classic Test-match strategy.

Also Mash, Rubel and Taskin liked the pitch so much, they were bowling good length and short balls a lot. They did not bowl slightly fuller as mixed variations much as Eshen said. Doing these should have caused those 2 batsmen to make mistakes much earlier.

Our bowling will get ripped to shreds by Aus and maybe even England, if Mash's intent and on-field intelligence isn't there.
Shak should come forward to help Mash here...

...without the killer attitude we will go nowhere.

Old February 18, 2015, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mash has a lot of areas which need to improve. Yet he is the best on field captain for Bangladesh.
Old February 19, 2015, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

http://m.eisamay.com/sports/cricket/...w/46298025.cms

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 19, 2015, 09:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Mash has made his job a little easier by leading from the front. If the captain performs, none grumbles. People takes instructions sportingly and that makes a better team. So good for him.

I'm not worried about the length they bowled...but I'm sure they will be more efficient with every match...and when they will find this length is getting hit, they will obviously try fuller length...Afg were happy to leave these deliveries, so they were tempted to continue....MASH DIDNT WANT TO EXPERIMENT AND PUT PRESSURE BY UNORTHODOX FIELD POSITION...Why would he? Afg were already under pressure losing 3/3/3 ... His only target was to win then...so didn't take chance I guess....some times one or two overs can change a game.

So I think he did most things right and made his job easy as the captain.
Old February 19, 2015, 09:31 AM

I see your point. What I am lamenting is that when we could see the inexperience, lack of technique and limitations of the Afghan set batsmen early on, Mash didn't show his killer instinct to cut their jugular then and there. It's not an unorthodox field positions he needed, but very orthodox attacking field.

When we used to face Australia, and especially South Africa they didn't give us a free ride. Mash is a great leader and he was passionate all the time. Just that he needs to develop his strategising and tactics a lot more.

I'd hate it if our team fails to attack from a position of strength like the time when Sumon let the game slip away with his defensive field and then said 'Dhonir Moto bhalo player ke ki thamano jai?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Mash has made his job a little easier by leading from the front. If the captain performs, none grumbles. People takes instructions sportingly and that makes a better team. So good for him.

I'm not worried about the length they bowled...but I'm sure they will be more efficient with every match...and when they will find this length is getting hit, they will obviously try fuller length...Afg were happy to leave these deliveries, so they were tempted to continue....MASH DIDNT WANT TO EXPERIMENT AND PUT PRESSURE BY UNORTHODOX FIELD POSITION...Why would he? Afg were already under pressure losing 3/3/3 ... His only target was to win then...so didn't take chance I guess....some times one or two overs can change a game.

So I think he did most things right and made his job easy as the captain.
Old February 19, 2015, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mash did good. But, against better team he needs to show that killer instinct and try to pick up wickets. Better batsmen will not bat like the AFG -if they are allowed to get in. There were times when he should have had a slip or two. He needs to remember sometime attack is the best form of defence. Quality batters usually are not contained, especially, when they are new to the crease. Try to pick them up early otherwise there might be trouble.
Old February 19, 2015, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

His captaincy was excellent last home series.

He was good yesterday but nothing special. I still felt that he could have attacked the batsman a bit more with close in fielders as well asking the other two bowlers-rubel and taskin to pitch the ball up but that did not happen.

Speaking of tactics, we need to get our batting tactics right because we are not going anywhere with that. Bring in Nasir for Mominul and ask Tamim and Anamul to play with more intent.
Old February 19, 2015, 10:22 AM
Cricket Sage

What we had last few years, his captaincy is a breath of fresh air...

Don't know whose credit is that (Mashrafee or the coach) we see the difference:
- changing the batting order based on game situation
- experimenting with the
- having four pacer in the team
- brining new players and trusting on them
- proper usage of the bowling resources and keeping enough options left at the last stage of the game.

I just hope they address the slow RR at the beginning of the innings and not able to utilize the 1st PP. I have a feeling that this coach and the captain is much aggressive in nature than anybody we had in the past (except for Sakib).

So I am early waiting how they address that. because this is basically killing our chances at the beginning of the innings and creating more pressure to other batsman.
Old February 19, 2015, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

¿ Mash eto chetey keno ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 19, 2015, 12:02 PM
BC Editorial Team

As a father, I can just imagine how hard it must be. Baby son seriously ill, hospitalized for weeks and he can't even be by his side.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%AB%E0%A6%BF
Old February 19, 2015, 12:04 PM
BC Editorial Team

As for the pacers lengths, I suspect Heath will speak to that. Yes they could have bowled fuller. But then again, perhaps they analyzed the Afghan batters and identified that backfoot play was where they struggled. Most batsmen with poor technique are comfortable if the can reach the ball and hit through the line. Our pacers weren't giving the Afghans any of that. Plus none of our pacers have shown good control of swing which is what you need to have if you want to bowl full. Just points to ponder.
Old February 27, 2016, 05:14 PM
Banned

Bump- Mashrafe said recently that his time is coming near (retirement on cards?)

How will Bangladesh survive without his leadership? don't see any ready made ones..
Old February 27, 2016, 05:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Shakib or mullah should lead.. I would go with shak and mash agrees with that (as per his interview with prothom alo)