facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
less expectation = unexpected victory.

Dw guys its been a setup from the beginning. We will win todays game
For real.

Old December 8, 2012, 09:04 AM
Street Cricketer

One hit wonder?
Old December 8, 2012, 09:28 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If the matches were played in khulna he would have scored a lot more this series. His footwork needs improvement and the conditions in dhaka with so much swing and movement early on has had both him and his senior and experienced partner in trouble. If tamim can be cleaned up by swing then anamul falling cheaply is no surprise. He will learn from this and improve hopefully
Old December 8, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

he indeed needs better technics to score in difficult batting conditions.
and probably play him at 3
but keep him.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 8, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Expect good bowling with great deliveries in international cricket, and then work hard to adapt and overcome. Footwork would help.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 8, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Anam should be pushed down to #3, with Imrul brought back to open with Tamim. Mushfiq #4, Shakib #5, Riyad #6, Nasir #7.

Momin should be sent back to Academy. He has ingredients to be successful at this level, but needs more grooming.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I thought we finally had a player that would stop acting so complacent after scoring some runs. I thought he'd be the one. Starting to doubt that. All he had to do was score at least 60-70 odd runs in the remaining games to prove that. I'd have been happy with it.

Still a good start to his career. I just hope he doesn't become one of those "satisfied" players.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

last two match, the way he got out, i doubt his shot selection and technique.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You guy's are already discarding Anamul and Moiminul? both had 2 bad games out of 5 in their debut series and faced bowler like Roach and Narayoon.

Anyone Remember when Nasir scored a 50 in his very first game and flopped big time in the next 2; one them was a brain fart and got a 2nd ball duck, which basically costed us the match vs Zim and alot of ppl started to call him another Aftab, Ash and Alok but look where he is now. We are doing the same thing with Anamul and Mominul. We hold on to Nasir and in no time he is already a reliable batsman.

We got to to hold on to Anamul and Mominul. i would give at least 2 more series before throwing them out of the NAT team. To me none of them done too bat. Anamul had 3 innings 30+ and last 2 games he basically gifted away his wicket. he will learn with time. Mominul played 2 imoortant little cameo(2nd odi and the 5th) and didn't bowl too bad either.

When Shak comes back, the playing XI looks very strong

1) Tamim
2) Anamul
3) Shakib (Shak has to bat at 3 or at 7)
4) Mushy (He should stay at 4)
5) Riyad (Experienced matters, proved it and he is the perfect man for no 5)
6) Nasir (Was never a fan of him going up the order....his avg and most of his gd innings came from at 4)
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
10) Shafiul (impressive comeback)
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul
13) Rubel
14) Nazmul
15) Sunny
Old December 8, 2012, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Needs to work on his footwork with mccines.

We didnt have a batting coach in thus series to help him.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
You guy's are already discarding Anamul and Moiminul? both had 2 bad games out of 5 in their debut series and faced bowler like Roach and Narayoon.

Anyone Remember when Nasir scored a 50 in his very first game and flopped big time in the next 2; one them was a brain fart and got a 2nd ball duck, which basically costed us the match vs Zim and alot of ppl started to call him another Aftab, Ash and Alok but look where he is now. We are doing the same thing with Anamul and Mominul. We hold on to Nasir and in no time he is already a reliable batsman.

We got to to hold on to Anamul and Mominul. i would give at least 2 more series before throwing them out of the NAT team. To me none of them done too bat. Anamul had 3 innings 30+ and last 2 games he basically gifted away his wicket. he will learn with time. Mominul played 2 imoortant little cameo(2nd odi and the 5th) and didn't bowl too bad either.

When Shak comes back, the playing XI looks very strong

1) Tamim
2) Anamul
3) Shakib (Shak has to bat at 3 or at 7)
4) Mushy (He should stay at 4)
5) Riyad (Experienced matters, proved it and he is the perfect man for no 5)
6) Nasir (Was never a fan of him going up the order....his avg and most of his gd innings came from at 4)
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
10) Shafiul (impressive comeback)
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul
13) Rubel
14) Nazmul
15) Sunny
i like ur 11, 2 pacers, 2 sla's, 2 offies .... also bat deep down to 9 ......
Old December 8, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Footwork? even Tamim's footwork is limited to non existent - needs to improve on that, but it's way to exaggerated IMO. He scored runs in Aus, for instance. Feel he's one of those batsmen who struggles early but then converts his 50s into big ones. So he has the potential - unlike you-know-who.

And he got a good bouncy one today to be fair. Needs to work on his shot selection first though.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Should come good with more experience. Definitely better than the rest of the other top order batsmen that we have.
Old December 8, 2012, 04:16 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

All of this criticism and yet the debutante is the 2nd highest scorer in the series - for both teams combined! He's only a few runs behind the overall leader, Mushy. (If he had scored even 30 today, I wonder if he would have become MoS?!) I can't say what he'll do in the future but I think that is a very impressive start, all things considered.
Old December 8, 2012, 04:23 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
All of this criticism and yet the debutante is the 2nd highest scorer in the series - for both teams combined! He's only a few runs behind the overall leader, Mushy. (If he had scored even 30 today, I wonder if he would have become MoS?!) I can't say what he'll do in the future but I think that is a very impressive start, all things considered.
194 runs in first 3 innings...just 1 in last 2
Old December 8, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
For real.
Yes for real
Old December 8, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

give him a couple more series, guys like chandimal and umar akmal started very well with early tons in ODIs then lost a bit of form and had dry patches but they are still quite good scorers averaging in the high 30s.
Old December 8, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We're all forgetting that this is Anam's LESSER format of the game. He's more of a longer version player. He still averaged damn near 40 in his first series, playing out of position, against a F9 side. In Tests, with the reduced need to hit out and score runs at a fast clip expect him to leave most of the deliveries he fished at and also expect his footwork to be more nimble if not perfect.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 9, 2012, 03:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

He is drafted into the side EARLY! Now give him the time to fix his errors in technique.
Old December 9, 2012, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

His mammoth average of 82.5 came down to 39. I was hoping that this average would stay in the 60s. Oh well, he needs to work hard in the future.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 9, 2012, 03:47 AM
Cricket Guru

His batting reminds me of Ashraful.... Enamul really needs to work on his technique.
Old December 9, 2012, 04:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
His mammoth average of 82.5 came down to 39. I was hoping that this average would stay in the 60s. Oh well, he needs to work hard in the future.
I was hoping it would never go below 40 throughout his career. Thank GOD I didn't put money on that premature thought. That being said, I still believe he'll be the first Bangladeshi batsman to end his career with a 50 average and 20+ centuries in each of the two major formats (Tests and ODIs).
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 9, 2012, 06:26 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I want to ask people this: was it better that he got to face a truly fast bowler like Roach now, at the age of 19, or in a few year's time when he would have had played in the NCL longer and gone on a couple of A Tours? Some have said it before - and on reflection I think they're right - but it was the right thing to do to throw him into the deep end now so that he constantly faces high quality pace bowling. If we had many invitations for A Tours, etc. or we had better quality pacers in the domestic set up, then I wouldn't necessarily have said the same things.
Old December 11, 2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

So Anamul does have good footwork because for once he used his foot freely against these West Indian pace bowlers in that T20 match especially that flick for a 6. He will obviously gain a lot of confidence from this series and come back better but prefer if he bats at 3 but unlikely given that there aren't many good opening partners for Tamim around at the moment.
Old December 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

The name is "Enamul" not "Anamul". Mod/Admin please correct the spelling in thread title.