facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 19, 2009, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Honestly, i think this is probably the most surprising post-season in NFL history. I feel sorry for anyone who might have wanted to get out of the current financial mess by betting on a few games I'm guessing theyre in homeless shelters right now...

P.S. GO CARDINALS!
Surprise in the NFC side. Not in AFC. Steelers are always one of the elite teams along with Colts and Pats ( actually we have been good for longer than those two ). Defense is always a constant, so why is it a surprise?

Go Steelers..Get the SIXTH Lombardi...

Old January 19, 2009, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Surprise in the NFC side. Not in AFC. Steelers are always one of the elite teams along with Colts and Pats ( actually we have been good for longer than those two ). Defense is always a constant, so why is it a surprise?

Go Steelers..Get the SIXTH Lombardi...
Well, you're right about the steelers being one of the most consistently dominant sides in the NFL, and its definitely no surprise seeing them win the AFC (as you might remember i called a Steelers-Giants Superbowl back in November or so). I was referring to the post-season as a whole. The NFC has had its fair share of upsets as well (with the Chargers beating the Colts and the Ravens beating the Titans)...
Old January 20, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Curt "true gun slinger" warner is the man. showed McNabb few things (no interception, poise). Steelers have the better defense and conventional wisdom says defense gets you rings. As long as Big Ben don't screw up things this should be over by 3rd quarter. I would like to see Arizona get a superbowl though.
Old January 20, 2009, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Well, you're right about the steelers being one of the most consistently dominant sides in the NFL, and its definitely no surprise seeing them win the AFC (as you might remember i called a Steelers-Giants Superbowl back in November or so). I was referring to the post-season as a whole. The NFC has had its fair share of upsets as well (with the Chargers beating the Colts and the Ravens beating the Titans)...
AFC you meant. But, if you recall, Chargers always play Colts well. They have beaten the Colts a few times in big games in the past few years. Titans just destroyed themselves with those turn overs against Ravens. I was really afraid of facing the Titans. You did call Steelers in Superbowl! I remember.

T_E
Big Ben gets a bum rap with turnovers. He makes way more crucial plays when there are none than screwing things up. His record speaks for himself. He hasn't turned the ball over in playoffs. Anyway, Cardinals offense is scary. Hopefully the two week break will cool them off! Warner must not get time to stand and throw..

Any BC guys live in Tampa? I am heading over on next Friday !
Old January 20, 2009, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Again people are underestimating Cardinals. I wouldn't be surprised if they have one more big win in them.
Old January 29, 2009, 06:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Again people are underestimating Cardinals. I wouldn't be surprised if they have one more big win in them.
... thats what I am betting on. I also think people are under estimating Cardinal's chance of winning.
Old January 30, 2009, 11:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
AFC you meant. But, if you recall, Chargers always play Colts well. They have beaten the Colts a few times in big games in the past few years. Titans just destroyed themselves with those turn overs against Ravens. I was really afraid of facing the Titans. You did call Steelers in Superbowl! I remember.

T_E
Big Ben gets a bum rap with turnovers. He makes way more crucial plays when there are none than screwing things up. His record speaks for himself. He hasn't turned the ball over in playoffs. Anyway, Cardinals offense is scary. Hopefully the two week break will cool them off! Warner must not get time to stand and throw..

Any BC guys live in Tampa? I am heading over on next Friday !
Beams I predicted the Steelers to be in the superbowl as well. I was hoping TB would be able to making it to superbowl and win it in their home turf but the last 4 games killed the Bucs. I will be cheering for a good football game but I think Steelers are destined to bring their 6th. Steelers better not blizt too much though Warner will burn em in single man to man coverage.
Old February 3, 2009, 11:03 PM
Cricket Guru

IC

How you doing? I just read some of our early conversation in this thread and had a chuckle. I doubt Seneca Wallace does what Ben did all year and in the SB. Anyway, no time to say I said so, as I am way too excited and happy. Incredible team we have. Very proud of my Steelers, and not just this year, every year.

SIX burgh baby..
Old March 11, 2009, 12:54 PM
Cricket Sage

cassel off the kansas city chief
Old March 14, 2009, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
cassel off the kansas city chief
Yep. I'm surprised we only got a 2nd rounder from it though. Not to mention sending Vrabel out there with him practically for free. Some experts were predicting two round 1 draft picks just for Cassel alone! Although that seems a bit much even from a New Englanders perspective, i wouldnt be as surprised as i am now.

Oh well, at least we cleared some cap space...and Vrabel was getting old anyway...
Old March 14, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cricket Sage

i was kinda starting to like that kid cassel..oh well..hopefully brady will be ready to go for this season..
Old March 18, 2009, 09:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Its only been a month and a half since we won the Sixth. I am bored. Waiting for the draft now.
Old March 23, 2009, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Its only been a month and a half since we won the Sixth. I am bored. Waiting for the draft now.
A month and a half already!? I'm having a blast! The Pats are going through what is being called their most active free agency ever. We've now got the two best WR's in the league when it comes to yards per play. We've also added Fred Taylor, Shawn Springs, Leigh Bodden, Greg Lewis, among others...Not to mention the fact that we've got four day one draft picks! And to top it all off, Bradys looking good to play from day 1
Old March 24, 2009, 11:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
A month and a half already!? I'm having a blast! The Pats are going through what is being called their most active free agency ever. We've now got the two best WR's in the league when it comes to yards per play. We've also added Fred Taylor, Shawn Springs, Leigh Bodden, Greg Lewis, among others...Not to mention the fact that we've got four day one draft picks! And to top it all off, Bradys looking good to play from day 1
All AARP card carrying members though. That has been a trend with NE. You guys will have to get young in the defense. I bet the drafts picks will be used.

Brady will get tested in that knee. If you know what I mean..
Old March 24, 2009, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
All AARP card carrying members though. That has been a trend with NE. You guys will have to get young in the defense. I bet the drafts picks will be used.

One chop block, scramble and turf-trip/ushtha on frozen grass, freak sack where QB is bent back would do it for NE. Why does Belicheat still has a job? I would start back supporting NE if he is let go. Go Doctor Drew.
Old March 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
One chop block, scramble and turf-trip/ushtha on frozen grass, freak sack where QB is bent back would do it for NE. Why does Belicheat still has a job? I would start back supporting NE if he is let go. Go Doctor Drew.
Jeez, man. Was that latin? I know what you mean though. One hit and we're done for the season. QB's are way too important in this game...

Theyre trying to ban hits on the QBs below the knees though. It was brought up in this years Annual NFL Meeting. It's being called the "Tom Brady Rule". But i dont think it'll pass. QB's are babied enough in the NFL...
Old March 24, 2009, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Thats why i brought up our draft selections. Going through a major overhaul this year. Hoping they can hook in some decent players without Scott Piolli...