facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry
We beat chel$ea$ky by 2-0 and Goners also beat Manure 2-1..
Music to my ears!!!

Old May 17, 2007, 05:37 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Man u are jealous of liverpool

Nice topic man im a liverpool fan and we are simplyy the best man united have always been jealous of liverpool cause we have more trophies and success then them even more honours thats why were the best english team and their just glory hunters [edited]
ferguson, thats what happens when you put his name seperately

Last edited by reverse_swing; May 17, 2007 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old May 17, 2007, 07:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dadazi
don dadazi is boro libarpool fan me like libarpool bery bery lot don dadazi hate man utd they are bery bery goru
Dear Dr Mokod, don't you have any better ways of wasting your time
Old May 17, 2007, 07:03 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Libarpool besht

libarpool tho besht zanoni
Old May 22, 2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL:PREVIEW

'WE DESERVE TO BE HERE - NOW LET'S WIN IT!'
Report from liverpoolfc.tv website:
Rafael Benitez has told his players not to waste their opportunity to seize more Champions League glory inside the Olympic Stadium tomorrow night.
At a light-hearted and occasionally jovial pre-match press conference deep in the bowels of the Athens stadium, the Liverpool manager spoke passionately about his determination to bring European football's most important trophy back to Anfield once again.

Benitez fielded numerous questions from journalists from many countries during his half hour in front of the cameras - but his message throughout to his players remained the same: 'Make yourselves heroes'.

"We are here because we have been doing the right things and we deserve to be here," he said.

"The players have worked hard all season and I will be telling them before kick off not to waste this opportunity. If we can play well and win then it will be perfect, but if not then they must come off the field knowing they have done their best.

"We worked hard in the training camp to prepare the game and the players are focused on ready. We know what we need to do but playing a Champions League final is never easy. It wasn't easy last time and it won't be easy this time.

"We have a lot of respect for Milan, they are a very good side with a lot of experience and we saw from their game against Manchester United what they can do. If they play like that again and have a lot of the ball then it will be harder for us, but we have prepared how to control their players, the ball and the space on the pitch. We are ready now."

Benitez isn't anticipating another Istanbul-style thriller - but believes whichever team strikes first will hold a big advantage.

"It is going to be a tough match and I think the team who scores first will have a great chance," he said. "Our plan definitely doesn't include conceding in the first minute again!

"If you said to me now it will be the same as Istanbul and that we will win again then I'd take that. But I don't want to go through that kind of match again because I think I'd need a doctor this time!

"The key tomorrow is remembering why we are here and playing the way we have done in Europe all season."

Asked by different reporters to explain his secret in enjoying such great success in European competition, Benitez was keen to pay tribute to his backroom team.

"My staff are the key," he said. "We have good people, good workers. When you have a good staff then you can be successful. Of course we have good players as well. Everything is good.

"I know there has been talk about what we'll do after the game but, believe me, I'm not interested in that at the moment. All I am doing is concentrating on tomorrow's game. We have 90 minutes of our season left and we're focused on winning one more match."

The Reds will have a final training session at the stadium this evening, when fitness checks on Bolo Zenden and Momo Sissoko will be made.

Harry Kewell is definitely available, with Benitez revealing he is fit enough to play 90 minutes if necessary.

"I have decisions to make on the team," he added. "We have 22 players here so four of them won't be involved at all tomorrow.

"Of those who will be in the squad I have good options, but we'll decide later on after training."

Old May 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

when does the final start, in GMT or EST time....
Old May 22, 2007, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
when does the final start, in GMT or EST time....
7.45 UKT
Old May 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

2:45 EST.
Milan will avenge their 2005 loss.
Old May 22, 2007, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
inshAllah..... its just the 2005 final was too painful.....

(ac milan is my 2nd team after barcelona)
Old May 23, 2007, 01:19 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Associazione Calcio Milan- go and win the cup this time, it's overdue. Good Luck.
Old May 23, 2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

Probable Liverpool line up:

Reina

Riise Agger Carragher Finnan

Masherano Alonso

Zenden/ kewell Pennant
Gerrard

Kuyt

Score prediction: 2-1 Liverpool win

Punters are backing lighting to strike twice.
Old May 23, 2007, 08:15 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
The great thing about following PL is that you get more pleasure from your opponents' defeat than you get from your team's win !
Old May 23, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Liverpool's famous five

Spot saved for the sixth.
Old May 24, 2007, 03:45 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

So much salt-shaking and knife pointing at Man Utd fans for no good reason other than hatred and jealousy. Now look what your team has accomplished. Nothing! I've patient all along despite your jabs at my team. What goes around comes around. Remember that.

AC Milan 2 - 1 Loserpool

Old May 24, 2007, 05:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
...I've patient all along despite your jabs at my team....
You have redefined the definition of “patient”. Go and buy a magnifier and read your posts again.
I am going to ignore your posts because it has got no substance to reply for, other than pain-staking tantrums.
Old May 24, 2007, 05:47 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry
You have redefined the definition of “patient”. Go and buy a magnifier and read your posts again.
I am going to ignore your posts because it has got no substance to reply for, other than pain-staking tantrums.
Go read them yourself before passing judgement. I have only defended my team against pathetic remarks and baiting from the start. You and your fellow supporters have redefined my "respect" for Liverpool, so congrats!
Old July 31, 2007, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

are you looking forward to the new season? with the new signings it should make for a very interesting start to the season.
Old August 1, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Couldn't/haven't kept up with one of my favorite teams. I am a supporter of Liverpool FC with kenny duglish, and ian rush. Those were the days when we ruled the world.
Not the biggest soccer or EPL fan for that matter, but I too have been a Liverpool guy since those glory years. The "Red Robbie" years were fun too. Gerrard is one of the best, if not THE best utility player in the world.

That said, I do follow the Liga and Barcelona a lot more closely, and Brazil or "Vrajil" remains my favorite international side.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 19, 2007 at 09:57 AM..
Old August 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Time to play the mercz. Let's see what Torres can do. I pray his does well enough to keep Peter Crouch permanently on the bench. Anything from the hugely overrated Kuyt is always a bonus.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 19, 2007 at 10:25 AM..
Old August 19, 2007, 10:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Torres scores ... TAKE THAT MERCZ !!!!

Strange to find myself always rooting against a team packed with some of my favorite players ... Essien, Carvalho, Drogba, Wright-Phillips, Cech ...
Old August 19, 2007, 10:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Watching Carragher dealing with Drogba is eerily similar to watching Golla deal with Chaminda Vaas.
Old August 19, 2007, 10:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Typical Russian Mafia tactics to get Torres out of the game.
Old August 19, 2007, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Torres OK, Claudio "gunda" Pizarro in for the mercz.
Old August 19, 2007, 11:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Great cross from SWP, gunda fails to capitalize, Carragher totally lost the ball.
Old August 19, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Gerrard rocks ... just pass him the ball.