facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 10, 2005, 12:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Counter-Proposal to ICC: OK!...Bring 2-Tier ON!!

If it has to be... then be it!!
Bring it on... and do it right now!
Yes... I am accepting the 2-tier Test-Cricket Structure Right Here and Right Now!... But there is one STRAIGHTFORWARD CONDITION!! And that is: ICC has to be absolutely fair all the way!! And they have to do it to prove that they are not working as Dummy Authority to protect the Financial Security of the leading cricket nations alone!

Here is a 2-Tier Test-Cricket Structure for the ICC!!

Tier-1: Currently top-ranked 8 Nations.
Tier-2: Bangladesh, Zimbabwe + 2 or 4 more Associate Nations(according to performance)= 4 or 6 Nations.
CONDITION: But.. there MUST be a ventilation system between these 2 tiers!
In every 3/4 years or so... there has to be a RELEGATION TOURNAMENT between the 2 bottom-ranked nations of Tier-1 and the 2 top ranked Nations of Tier-2...and after the Tournament, the Champion+Runner-Up Will be promoted to Tier-1 and the rest 2 will be demoted to Tier-2!!

Now tell me ICC, are you strong enough to establish this sort of 2-tier structure?? Or will the Elitists be shocked to hear such a proposal and may withdraw all your authority if you even place it on the table?!
If so... then stop all your 2-Tier Cry and pack-up this so-called ‘Cricket-Rescue-Mission’ mockery once and for all!! Go tell all the 8 ‘Elite’ Big brothers to develop a little bit more patience and not lose their sense of proportion in extreme desire to be declared the ‘Untouchable’!

(*Note to BC members: This Breakdown is placed SOLELY to point out the prime weakness & hypocrisy of the 2-tier Idea.)

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 5:29 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

Old February 10, 2005, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

send this to the ICC
Old February 10, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

If there must be a two tier system, then it should be Top 6 + Bottom 4, instead of the proposed Top 8 + Bottom 2 tier. In every 2 year, bottom 2 of the top tier should be demoted to 2nd tier, and top 2 of the 2nd tier should be promoted to top tier.
Old February 10, 2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Yes, the hippocracy continues.

But let it be...8 tier 1a & 2 tier 1b teams.

But as mentioned above, a relegation process every 3/4 years.

And an added twist,

If war breaks out between S Africa and Lesotho such that SA are unable to play for a finite duration, or if Pakistan becomes engulfed with tribal feudalism such that they are unable to play for a finite duration, or if England becomes overly reliant on American charity and are back to the form of the 90s, or if Australia loses their whole team to Packer 2 and become the team of 1983,

then all these teams should join BD in tier 1b.
Old February 10, 2005, 01:07 PM
Club Cricketer

1 Australia
2 England
3 India
4 Sri Lanka
5 Pakistan
6 South Africa

7 New Zealand
8 West Indies
9 Zimbabwe
10 Bangladesh

NZ and WI in tier 2...I dont think ICC will do it.....If ICC implements the tier system, will it suspend BD tour of England?
Old February 10, 2005, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

To make it fair... it should 5 teams in each tiers. Each team must play home and away with others teams in 3 year. After 3 year, the bottom 2 from the top tier goes down and the top 2 from the bottom tier goes up.

I will support that.
Old February 10, 2005, 01:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

crickethorizon hahahaha u r funny!! it never gonaa happen they way u saying.. r u crazy???

top 8 team will play regular test match..
zim, bd, holland, UAE, Namibia, USA, they will first class match..

So onlu Zim, bd wll get chance to play regu;lar test match at home for 6 years!! then after that if they do good then they will get into with top 8.. good decision ICC... caz now bd will try to play more good cricket..
Old February 10, 2005, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Faisal
it never gonaa happen they way u saying..
I know!
Thats whyI call the whole idea totally hypocritic..(read the note below my 1st post.)
Old February 10, 2005, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Quote:
Originally posted by Faisal
it never gonaa happen they way u saying..
I know!
Thats whyI call the whole idea totally hypocritic..(read the note below my 1st post.)
icc is a money hungry useless organisation. if you notice their reason for putting bd and zim in 2nd tier its not because of thier perforance but because they cant draw enough crowds when they play away. it means bd would continue to play home series.

if the whole idea is to draw crowds, i think icc should think of having 3-4 indian teams, because that would generate lot more tv revenues. the funny thing is even if kenya got to semi of world cup(which bd would never imagine to do) cricket has died out in that country. so whatever icc is trying to do to make cricket popular is not working. they are a stupid useless org and should be disposed of.
Old February 10, 2005, 02:42 PM
Club Cricketer

It will be interesting to see how the relegated team will react after the end of the cycle, if indeed there will be a relegation system...

Right on their whining and nagging face, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will have the chance to say - 'told you so'...
Old February 10, 2005, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't understand just one thing. ICC want to globalize cricket by helping Holland, Namibia, Nepal and some other countries who has no basic structure yet. But they want restrict progress of our country. It is right that we have suffered last four year's but any success doesn't come on one day. They have to realise this simple thing.
Old February 10, 2005, 04:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Since I support one of the 'other countries' who of course has 'no basic structure' (really?) could I ask that Scotland doesn't get forgotten in the list of teams that you don't want to play against.

Sorry, just like Bangladesh fans complain about their coverage we get fed up we don't even get listed amongst these associate countries who we definitely rank with (or above) and can beat (along with Kenya and someone beginning with B). For a while at least Scotland can make a claim that they are the best non test playing nation since they won the ICC first class competition for the top associate countries. Let us enjoy a triumph and give us a mention at least.

This was a message from the 'Scotland actually plays cricket' lobby group.

Now please carry on the animated discussion but please add that you don't want to play us as well just to keep me happy.

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 9:44 PM GMT, by Trueblue.
Old February 10, 2005, 04:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Trueblue: we hold nothing against the associate nations.
If anyone suggests that we should not play them.. he will be wrong in his own responsibility.

Just like ICC will be wrong if they force us (BD) to stop playing against higher ranked teams!
Old February 10, 2005, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

The relegation idea is a classic.
Old February 10, 2005, 04:55 PM
Test Cricketer

There should not be any Tier system at all. It is not fair to Bangladesh. Bangladesh achieved a lot in 4 years. They should congratulate Bangladesh not punish them. We came within 1 WKT to beat Pakistan. We did draw with West Indies. We are not far away to beat the top ones in our good day.

I cannot see any reason to do this tier thing other then punishing Zimbabwe. This is not fair to Bangladesh. Not in any way. This is B*******.
Old February 10, 2005, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

ICC is walking backwards.

They should've put Bangladesh in tier-2 4 years back and should've eased them into the the major test-playing nation by now. The gradual transition would've imemnsely benefitted BD.

Talking about relegation or 2-Tier, and especially so in the backdrop of their recent Maiden Test, Test-Series and ODI-Series win is not only unjust but unfair.

That said, i fully support the idea of having BD play more games at home than abroad and lesser number of games, maybe half of what they do now, per year than the fully-established teams.
Old February 10, 2005, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

They should've put Bangladesh in tier-2 4 years back and should've eased them into the the major test-playing nation by now. The gradual transition would've imemnsely benefitted BD.

Talking about relegation or 2-Tier, and especially so in the backdrop of their recent Maiden Test, Test-Series and ODI-Series win is not only unjust but unfair.

That said, i fully support the idea of having BD play more games at home than abroad and lesser number of games, maybe half of what they do now, per year than the fully-established teams.
I agree. The 2 -tier system is long overdue.
The ICC have timed this announcement very badly. Just when BD; the nation and the team; have won theor first series, the ICC have humiliated them.

Something very fishy with the ICC. I agree that this 2-tier proposal is purely financially motivated...
Old February 10, 2005, 09:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shujan
There should not be any Tier system at all. It is not fair to Bangladesh. Bangladesh achieved a lot in 4 years. They should congratulate Bangladesh not punish them. We came within 1 WKT to beat Pakistan. We did draw with West Indies. We are not far away to beat the top ones in our good day.

I cannot see any reason to do this tier thing other then punishing Zimbabwe. This is not fair to Bangladesh. Not in any way. This is B*******.

lol... what did Zimbabwe do then, Shujan? I mean, right now they're in the same position Bangladesh is (well, atleast was). They need some time too, like Bangladesh does (or did, should i say?).

I understand your grudge though. But honestly, I myself think it would turn out to something good for Bangladesh. I mean, we DO get to play the other 8 teams. Just in home ground, 'ats all. And unlike them playing each-other in a 4 year cycle, Bangladesh will do it in 6 years. Part of the proposal. Don't overlook these aspects too.

tobe ei 4 year/6 year bepar-tay oboshsho amar 2 khan kotha ase...
Old February 10, 2005, 10:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
The ICC have timed this announcement very badly..
by the way.. ICC hasn't announced anything yet! but reports say they are 'assessing Ideas'...

And if they really are.. they need to append this 'Relegation' option to whatever proposal they have!

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
They should've put Bangladesh in tier-2 4 years back and should've eased them into the the major test-playing nation by now. The gradual transition would've imemnsely benefitted BD....

Well said DJ..
But same demand again: If there is any sort of tiering there MUST be a system of Relegation too!
Old February 14, 2005, 05:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Quote:
Originally posted by ManInBlack
1 Australia
2 England
3 India
4 Sri Lanka
5 Pakistan
6 South Africa

7 New Zealand
8 West Indies
9 Zimbabwe
10 Bangladesh

NZ and WI in tier 2...I dont think ICC will do it.....If ICC implements the tier system, will it suspend BD tour of England?

Yes, that will be good.