facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 10, 2019, 01:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Vixen, you seem like a nice poster and all despite all the hostility towards you so I'd recommend you not engage with posters that aren't taking it kind to you with regards to your posts on/about Pakistan.

You're free to post as freely as you want in this thread and posters who have genuine interest or curiosity will post if they wish so you're better off engaging with them instead.
Its fine bro, i have faced indian hostility in different forums 100x thn this.
its nothing.

Old June 10, 2019, 01:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
Its Balochistan, plz becareful with words.
and its a province of pakistan.
I did not know the spelling, but in Bangla the way it was written it balances with "Belu" rather than "Balo". Not sure what you mean by becareful. Becareful is not a word, may be you meant be careful. Also, you need to learn how to write proper noun specially if it is your own country, It should be Pakistan, not a small 'p'.
Old June 10, 2019, 01:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I did not know the spelling, but in Bangla the way it was written it balances with "Belu" rather than "Balo". Not sure what you mean by becareful. Becareful is not a word, may be you meant be careful. Also, you need to learn how to write proper noun specially if it is your own country, It should be Pakistan, not a small 'p'.
thanks for giving me the lesson, Sir.
Old June 10, 2019, 01:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Old June 10, 2019, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Oh please. Their military stance defines their attitude towards Bangladeshis in general.

You think their people knew nothing about the genocide that was taking place? Didn't make a bloody sound. If anything, by many accounts, they encouraged it as a means to "protect Pakistan".

And to this day Pakistanis call us "short dark fish eating peasants" whether it be in the backwater villages in Pakistan or the more "enlightened" Pakistanis that have been living overseas for generations.

"Civilians had no fault" my arse. Joto shob.
Back in 71, general people didnt have access to news that national media do not broadcast. Our liberation war was labelled as mere civil war, our mukti bahini was labelled as separatist, goons, indian agents and Pakistani army was labelled as national hero. Even Shadhin bangla betar kendro had to relay from India due to government's censorship. How would you expect the Pakistanis to know what really was happening in Dhaka when complete media blackout about our liberation war was in full swing?

Many in Pakistan even today do not know what really happened in 71 as it was taught as Indian conspiracy in schools. But being ignorant in this day and age is not an excuse anymore. So yes, they should know what really happened back then as the information is very much accessible these days

And about them calling us ""short dark fish eating peasants" nothing to say really bro. I am with you on this. It is true. But I would say be insolent towards those who do not feel remorseful for having such thought, love to belittle us and do not want to express regret about 71. Vixen sounds very polite and on behalf of pakistan, he asked for forgiveness. So we should welcome him and let him be a part of BC.

Remember one thing bro.. Just because some lunatics did atrocious things in the past and some have bigotry towards us, doesnt make the entire nation bad. There are some nice people out there as well. Otherwise how are we different from those who blame all muslims for act of terror
Old June 10, 2019, 01:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Old June 10, 2019, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Back in 71, general people didnt have access to news that national media do not broadcast. Our liberation war was labelled as mere civil war, our mukti bahini was labelled as separatist, goons, indian agents and Pakistani army was labelled as national hero. Even Shadhin bangla betar kendro had to relay from India due to government's censorship. How would you expect the Pakistanis to know what really was happening in Dhaka when complete media blackout about our liberation war was in full swing?

Many in Pakistan even today do not know what really happened in 71 as it was taught as Indian conspiracy in schools. But being ignorant in this day and age is not an excuse anymore. So yes, they should know what really happened back then as the information is very much accessible these days

And about them calling us ""short dark fish eating peasants" nothing to say really bro. I am with you on this. It is true. But I would say be insolent towards those who do not feel remorseful for having such thought, love to belittle us and do not want to express regret about 71. Vixen sounds very polite and on behalf of pakistan, he asked for forgiveness. So we should welcome him and let him be a part of BC.

Remember one thing bro.. Just because some lunatics did atrocious things in the past and some have bigotry towards us, doesnt make the entire nation bad. There are some nice people out there as well. Otherwise how are we different from those who blame all muslims for act of terror
Good post.
Old June 10, 2019, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I acknowledge your post as genuinely sensible.

To be more precise, my problem with the above quote is that there is plenty of information available on '71 now. A simple google search for "Bangladesh Liberation War" will have the words "atrocities" and "genocide" written all over it. And not to mention that, while I understand you may have had an entirely different experience to dealing with Pakistanis than me, I have to stress that I haven't yet come across a more universally bigoted group of people in my life.

I have no qualms with Vixen posting about Pakistan all day here. The guy seems harmless and had no luck posting in the Cricket section so he has diverted here. What infuriates me is when fellow Bangladeshis support the "forgive and forget" BS notion. Sounds simple enough if you (or more directly, your family) weren't affected by '71, but not so simple when you're from the families that have. How do you "forgive" something for which there's no acknowledgment from the perpetrator? And as for the "forgetting" part - Bangladesh dies as a nation the day we forget.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread in any way, just wanted to make my points clear. Post away, Vixen, mate. Enjoy your time here.
Old June 10, 2019, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
How do you "forgive" something for which there's no acknowledgment from the perpetrator? And as for the "forgetting" part - Bangladesh dies as a nation the day we forget.
this is an excellent quote.
Old June 10, 2019, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

What infuriates me is when fellow Bangladeshis support the "forgive and forget" BS notion. Sounds simple enough if you (or more directly, your family) weren't affected by '71, but not so simple when you're from the families that have. How do you "forgive" something for which there's no acknowledgment from the perpetrator? And as for the "forgetting" part - Bangladesh dies as a nation the day we forget.
Totally agree on this part. I consider those Bangalis who support forget the past as razakars. As far as the forgive part is concerned, I will never forgive those pakistanis who were responsible for 71 massacre. And if the Present Pakistan government asks for forgiveness officially ( Hey, who said You can't dream ), then I will think about it. But as far as the pakistani civilians are concerned, I have no hatred towards them.

My family actively participated in liberation war btw. My father is alive today Alhamdulillah because a well known Razakar saved my father's life
Old June 14, 2019, 07:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Old June 14, 2019, 07:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Old June 14, 2019, 07:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Old June 14, 2019, 07:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Old June 14, 2019, 07:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Last edited by Vixen; October 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM..
Old July 22, 2019, 10:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Old July 23, 2019, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Pakistan is beautiful. I’d love to visit Gilgit
Old October 12, 2019, 09:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Old October 12, 2019, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Old October 12, 2019, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Old October 12, 2019, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Mate, are you for real?
Posting about Pakistan travel on a Bangladeshi website?
Old October 13, 2019, 08:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Mate, are you for real?
yes, i am real. what happend ? what forum rules i broke ?
Old October 26, 2019, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Mate, are you for real?
Bro, let him be. If you don't like it, move on. He is free to post wtv he pleases as long as it's not breaking the forum rule. Don't be stingy ... This ain't no hitler forum.
Old October 26, 2019, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Has imran khan's presidency done anything productive to get pakistan out of the terrorism situation you guys were facing? @vixen
Old October 27, 2019, 11:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Totally agree on this part. I consider those Bangalis who support forget the past as razakars. As far as the forgive part is concerned, I will never forgive those pakistanis who were responsible for 71 massacre. And if the Present Pakistan government asks for forgiveness officially ( Hey, who said You can't dream ), then I will think about it. But as far as the pakistani civilians are concerned, I have no hatred towards them.

My family actively participated in liberation war btw. My father is alive today Alhamdulillah because a well known Razakar saved my father's life
Agree. But I also consider those people who never lived a day to breath the stench of corpse to be hypocrites to perpetuate self-loathing anger.

Anger is a sin.

I mean why stop at this? Why not lose all our sh... over Rwanda, Holocaust, 9/11, Atom Bomb, Slavery, Polpot and what not given that...gee we didn't live through it.

I strongly believe in repercussion and justice. Pakistan doesn't deserve an iota of sympathy.

However, I will not, I repeat... NEVER kowtow to YOUR sense of entitlement that just because tragedy happened to you I shall live my whole life disgusting the Pakistanis given I had nothing to do with it.

You shall never impose your own suffering onto mine EXPLOITING a genocide. That's malice and utterly reprehensible. You have to kill me to make me shake hands with the devil - your ideology.

Edit: Roman, I obviously meant "you" as in general term digressing off your original thought.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles