facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2017, 11:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib
Default Ijjot er Dam Koto ?

Saddened to bear the loss today. Cannot believe that the most improved cricket team in the world today lost to the most innocuous bowler in the tournament, Kedarnath.

I believe BD still plays for "ijjot" and not as champions. Only when people insult their ability is when they step up (i.e. NZ win). That's why in interviews they keep repeating how they are improving and can never proclaim that they are here to own and win. Missing the champion attitude. Why is "ijjot", how others evaluate us, more important than winning at all costs all the time. Kobay pabo ?

We have been the fastest growing cricket nation in the world. In the 70's we competed with Bermudas and PNG's of the world. Look where they are now and where we stand. In the 80's it was the Dutch and Kenya. In the 90s it was Kenya and Zimbabwe. In the 20's we were getting flogged but moved past Kenya and competing with Zimbabwe. Now we have arrived but how long can we be first worried about "ijjot?" How much does it cost, can we buy it out from every member of the BD team and throw that in the Bay of Bengal.

Sincerely,

A Ranting Fan

PS. Before anyone judges my comments, I am a BD fan since I am 8 and from the days of Yousuf Rahman Babu and Azhar Hossain Shantu, where we lost and lost but always came back to die another day.

Old June 15, 2017, 12:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Well, we definitely improved and so did other nations too (eg. India and England). During the same time, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and West Indies declined and/or are going through a transition.

I didn't expect BAN to win today, just wished that they may. You ask me, if we play 10 ODI's against any of the top 4 (SA, IND, AUS & ENG) with our current selection, we may end up winning 1 - 3 matches. That's where we are.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Ijjot er Dam Koto ?

Dosh teka.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunaidH

I believe BD still plays for "ijjot" and not as champions. Only when people insult their ability is when they step up (i.e. NZ win). That's why in interviews they keep repeating how they are improving and can never proclaim that they are here to own and win. Missing the champion attitude. Why is "ijjot", how others evaluate us, more important than winning at all costs all the time. Kobay pabo ?

Sincerely,
A Ranting Fan

PS. Before anyone judges my comments, I am a BD fan since I am 8 and from the days of Yousuf Rahman Babu and Azhar Hossain Shantu, where we lost and lost but always came back to die another day.
Zunaid Bhaiya,

Very good points and thread.

We as a people, in our collective psyche - we are a very 'insecure' group of people!
And that is why you will see, here in BC, when some nobody from some back alley comes and trolls around, some of us get all worked up - some of us cannot help ourselves from responding to them, and blah blah blah,..

We are extremely insecure, when it comes to everything, I mean everything in life - In relationship, marriage, man-woman relationship, social context, as students, as professionals, when it comes to money....And of course, Zunaid bhaiya, we have to be insecure as professional sportsman as well. It is deeply embedded in our collective psyche.

We worry about what other people say or think of us, how other people look at us (just like you pointed out) and we lose sleep, night after night. We never think about "what WE think about our own selves". We never take constructive criticism well, why? Because we are insecure. We are never worried about our own shortcoming, but to point figure at x, y, z in order to self-soothe ourselves that it is someone else' fault. We do not criticize our own self, we hate others when we deny to look at our own self at the mirror.

We do not know how to compete and outperform our own self, push us to the limit - let alone 'beyond'.
Old June 15, 2017, 12:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ijjot er Dam Koto ?

Dosh teka.
Naa mama...now the rate is little higher...I think it is 200 taka minimum...Takar mullo komechey naa.. You must not have checked out the market in a long time. 10 taka...you should never give it away for free, mama!