facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 10, 2017, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Mushfiq hasn't done anything wrong.

Hathuri has left the team in all sorts of chaos. Drops Mominul to make room for Imrul and Sabbir, cant bother to give Mushy a role within the team. Changes batting lineups and orders more frequnetly than his tightie whities, and now cant manage Shakib properly.

This might be a decent idea. 6 months break will energize Shakib hopefully and allow us to look at a replacement for the long term future. Shakib has not been a reliable batsmen for us. we will defintiely miss him and its disappointing he wants to sit down. but he's also 30 and has to do everything for the team and this has been our busiest season in history.
I really don't know what's really Shakib's problem here. It's not as if Bangladesh plays loads of test in each season.

We usually play a handful of tests in each year. Shakib is a spinner and spinners r expected to bowl long spells.

Ppl here r going after mushy for absolutely no reason what so ever. It's a fact that shakib has chosen money over country. I don't blame him though. He has every right to take his own decision. But he has lost my respect today. Pathetic decision from shakib before an important away tour.

Old September 10, 2017, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

This is not good at all. While our players cry and complain about not getting enough test cricket he suddenly asks for a leave of 6 months? How many times does he get to play in South Africa?
He has an exceptionally good bowling record there. 11 wickets at 20 per wicket and a strike rate of 36!
BCB should tell him to take rest from all odi/t20s for that period in lieu of abstaining from test cricket and no permission for any t20 league for that period as well.
On the other hand they could offer him test captaincy if he agrees.
The man could become the greatest allrounder ever and is clearly not thinking straight. Management needs to give him assurances that they will play with 5 bowlers from now on to reduce whatever extra burden he has been taking on from the day he started playing.
Ben Stokes is Englands 6th bowling option. Shakib must have the freedom to ball less overs if he prefers it
Old September 10, 2017, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

fans are assuming it has something to do with Mushfiq, but all the knowledgable posters have mostly left BC...apart from myself there are only a handful of folks left here who actually understand cricket beyond what commentators blurt out on air and what gets printed on kaler kontho sports page.

Mushy has been captain since 2011, Shakib was a one man bowling attack for 80% of that time bowling 40 overs per innings on dead flat tracks. all of a sudden he will resent Mushy for bowling his best bowler 20 overs on a rank turner? thats BanglaCricket logic right there. this forums quality has dropped shockingly over the years.

the new kids are obviously too young to remember how Jaya or Atapattu bowled Murali back in the day.

My guess is Shakibs actions are aimed at Hathu and not Mushfiq. But looks like Roey has been coughing all over the forum and most posters caught his lunacy virus.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 10, 2017, 02:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Unless there is some dirty politics in the dressing room or a personal problem, a pathetic decision really. I am not suprised though.

Shakib has acheived everything in his career so far with his talent alone. The guys poor match fitness reflects on his 'ants in pants' sort of batting and his poor body language on and off the field.

Why havent we produced a cricketer half as good as Kohli? India play almost every week, you dont see Kohli taking a bloody break from cricket to stay 'fresh' for the long term.

Shakib, you really want to stay fresh? Then stop playing in those T20 tournaments, stop going to china and elsewhere for promoting your brands, stop doing those C grade Ads.

If we were to succeed, the next generation of Bangladesh cricketers should look upon someone by the name of Benajamin Andrew Stokes. The only true number one all rounder in the game. Desire, passion, willpower, you name it. Not some lazy bloke masquerading as a professional cricketer.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
all the knowledgable posters have mostly left BC...apart from myself there are only a handful of folks left here who actually understand cricket beyond what commentators blurt out on air and what gets printed on kaler kontho sports page.
Lol .. welcome back ! Where have you been .
Old September 10, 2017, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsuRocks
This is not good at all. While our players cry and complain about not getting enough test cricket he suddenly asks for a leave of 6 months? How many times does he get to play in South Africa?
He will get to play there through Global T20 in the future if it stops clashing with BPL

Also, we don't know why he is requesting the sabbatical. It could be a nagging injury.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:30 PM
BC Editorial Team

This has more likely to do with T20 and his other commercial interests. Or he probably just wants to spend time in Minnesota in fall with wife and kids. I doubt even Hathuru's dictatorial ways applies here. (And I won't dignify the Mushy-link ones with comment).
Old September 10, 2017, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
all the knowledgable posters have mostly left BC...apart from myself there are only a handful of folks left here who actually understand cricket beyond what commentators blurt out on air and what gets printed on kaler kontho sports page.
This is rich. "hey I don't know any of you or your experience with watching and playing cricket, but I have been a part of an online forum longer than most of you so I know more than you and my opinions matter more."
Old September 10, 2017, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Unless there is some dirty politics in the dressing room or a personal problem, a pathetic decision really. I am not suprised though.

Shakib has acheived everything in his career so far with his talent alone. The guys poor match fitness reflects on his 'ants in pants' sort of batting and his poor body language on and off the field.

Why havent we produced a cricketer half as good as Kohli? India play almost every week, you dont see Kohli taking a bloody break from cricket to stay 'fresh' for the long term.

Shakib, you really want to stay fresh? Then stop playing in those T20 tournaments, stop going to china and elsewhere for promoting your brands, stop doing those C grade Ads.

If we were to succeed, the next generation of Bangladesh cricketers should look upon someone by the name of Benajamin Andrew Stokes. The only true number one all rounder in the game. Desire, passion, willpower, you name it. Not some lazy bloke masquerading as a professional cricketer.
Don't bring kohli in the discussion. Kohli is something else. He is perhaps 50 times richer than shakib and he has achieved almost everything in cricket but he's still hungry for more. He's stills keen to serve his nation which is why he plays all three formats of the game but still enjoys each game like the way he enjoyed his very first international match.

And here we have shakib who gets tired after playing 5 tests in a season

I don't think it has got anything to do with fitness or anything. He isn't just interested in international cricket any more.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Stokes gets rested timely by England, you clearly don't watch England often

No one in international cricket has had Shakibs workload in the past 10 years

His ants in the pants technique has him averaging near 50 past few years

Saying that, if he plays t20 leagues during this 6 months that'll be ridiculous

Old September 10, 2017, 02:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

In fairness to Asaad, I do wonder how many of our forum posters follow cricket seriously? As in they can tell you the difference between conventional and reverse swing or understand trigger movements in batting or the shoulder dip when driving or side spin/over spin and wrist attenuation and all that stuff? BTW I readily admit I'm not well versed in the nuances of fielding - I'm a crappy fielder
Old September 10, 2017, 02:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Isn't this topic spicy?

What kinda hell will break out once the news is confirmed and he is gone for good?

Get your act together BCB
Old September 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Don't bring kohli in the discussion. Kohli is something else. He is perhaps 50 times richer than shakib and he has achieved almost everything in cricket but he's still hungry for more. He's stills keen to serve his nation which is why he plays all three formats of the game but still enjoys each game like the way he enjoyed his very first international match.

And here we have shakib who gets tired after playing 5 tests in a season

I don't think it has got anything to do with fitness or anything. He isn't just interested in international cricket any more.
Kohli is a batsmen not a all rounder, a batsman who only averages not much more than Shakib with the bat

Shakib if fatigued, isn't due to the season, it's due to the past 10 years

Kohli is still one of the fittest players around no doubt, but let's not pretend they do the same roles

Also 50 times richer? Didn't realise Kohlis a billionaire

Old September 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

Kohli and Shakib are not the same in their personal situation. I'd argue Shakib's domestic situation is more settled (and thus demands more of his attention and time). Kohli can spend 5 days a week at the gym and nets and there won't be any little one going "I miss you papa". You can debate the rightness or wrongness of marrying and starting a family vs focusing only on career but the reality remains that Shakib has other fish to fry.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I would have loved seeing Shakib in South Africa.
This was his chance to show the world he could perform against the big boys!

Also would have eradicated a lot of doubts about his no.1 rank (some claiming can't perform overseas)
But he decides to take a 6 months break. I feel like he could have waited after SA series.

Anyway, I just find that its a cheap move from him. Especially as he mentioned fatigue.. I just hope he doesn't enter some T20 league... because if he does.. that's not fatigue brothers...
Old September 10, 2017, 02:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
In fairness to Asaad, I do wonder how many of our forum posters follow cricket seriously? As in they can tell you the difference between conventional and reverse swing or understand trigger movements in batting or the shoulder dip when driving or side spin/over spin and wrist attenuation and all that stuff? BTW I readily admit I'm not well versed in the nuances of fielding - I'm a crappy fielder
I think I should open a cricket academy

In all seriousness, the way cricket is fed to the masses these days, it is hard for the people to bother with what is reverse swing...because they don't watch 'boring ' test cricket. Most people (new age fans) wanna see boundaries at a high frequency. Rapturous celebrations.

I have always been a fan of the leg slip.

Sorry for going off-topic
Old September 10, 2017, 02:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Kohli and Shakib are not the same in their personal situation. I'd argue Shakib's domestic situation is more settled (and thus demands more of his attention and time). Kohli can spend 5 days a week at the gym and nets and there won't be any little one going "I miss you papa". You can debate the rightness or wrongness of marrying and starting a family vs focusing only on career but the reality remains that Shakib has other fish to fry.
What do the following have in common?

Kobe Bryant
Stephen Curry
Eden Hazard
Lionel Messi
Sachin Tendulkar
Wayne Rooney

Yes, you guessed it right . Some Married as young as 20 and they all took rest every six months/year in their career to remain 'fresh' for the long term.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

Also would have eradicated a lot of doubts about his no.1 rank (some claiming can't perform overseas)
Shakib has two fifers against SA in SA. He does not have anything new to prove here. Idiots will keep saying idiotic stuff. Thank God Shakib has a thick enough skin not to be bothered by them.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What do the following have in common?

Kobe Bryant
Stephen Curry
Eden Hazard
Lionel Messi
Sachin Tendulkar
Wayne Rooney

Yes, you guessed it right . Some Married as young as 20 and they all took rest every six months/year in their career to remain 'fresh' for the long term.
Good one bro.

Its a little blatant to me. His either afraid to go SA or his got his head around T20!
Either one of these two.

Can't be fatigue when BD hardly plays too much test cricket.
+ It's Shakib himself that decides to take part in T20 tournaments around the world.
BCB don't force him to do that, and he feels fatigued playing test cricket?

Also, as soon as we get rid of Mushfiqur, the better!
man that guy kills players off!!! really man!!!
Old September 10, 2017, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Shakib has a fifer against SA in SA. He does not have anything new to prove here. Idiots will keep saying idiotic stuff. Thank God Shakib has a thick enough skin not to be bothered by them.
He struggled with his batting that time, his bowling has always been top class.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

But he decides to take a 6 months break. I feel like he could have waited after SA series.

Anyway, I just find that its a cheap move from him. Especially as he mentioned fatigue.. I just hope he doesn't enter some T20 league... because if he does.. that's not fatigue brothers...

Shakib would've been taken to the cleaners by the saffers if he had decided to play that series.

The only reason shakib has somewhat respectable bowling figure in test is because of the fact that he has played only 7,yes only 7 tests outside home in last 5 years.

In last 5/6 years most of the time he bowled on underprepared wickets of mirpur and ctg which greatly inflated his stats. He won't be missed as a bowler in south africa.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Shakib would've been taken to the cleaners by the saffers if he had decided to play that series.

The only reason shakib has somewhat respectable bowling figure in test is because of the fact that he has played only 7,yes only 7 tests outside home in last 5 years.

In last 5/6 years most of the time he bowled on underprepared wickets of mirpur and ctg which greatly inflated his stats. He won't be missed as a bowler in south africa.
This guy is a beast when it comes to bowling, I have no doubt about that.

It's his batting that would have been really tested.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

To me, it's plain and simple - Shakib knows very well he will be exhausting himself in those two Test matches for losing causes. Rest of the team is not up to the scratch to mount any challenge against SA in SA, BD will most likely lose both matches by innings.

After 10 years, being thrashed in this manner over and over is no fun anymore.

I would still say Mushfiq did his part to demoralize the team. In the last match, when our batting was in tatters, when it was painfully clear that we needed our best right handed batsman to stop the carnage by Lyon, our captain refused to step up. How can you still remain loyal to this coward?!
Old September 10, 2017, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Kohli is a batsmen not a all rounder, a batsman who only averages not much more than Shakib with the bat

Shakib if fatigued, isn't due to the season, it's due to the past 10 years

Kohli is still one of the fittest players around no doubt, but let's not pretend they do the same roles

Also 50 times richer? Didn't realise Kohlis a billionaire
Shakib has played only 7 away tests in last 5 years. That's the number of tests kohli plays in one single away tour.

They can't simply be compared. Kohli is easily one of the greatest athletes of all time. He's the leader of his IPL team and plays all of the matches where as shakib just sits in the dug out in the very same league.

Kohli is one of the best fielders in world cricket if not the best. Compared to him shakib is, well let's not get there.

Kohli plays way, way more international matches than shakib and the whole Indian team has been ridding on his back for last several years but still it hasn't made him fatigued.

As I said, kohli and shakib r two completely different level of athletes. One wants to be the greatest of all time whereas the other just wants to remain happy by being the best all rounder of a no 9 ranked team.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
fans are assuming it has something to do with Mushfiq, but all the knowledgable posters have mostly left BC...apart from myself there are only a handful of folks left here who actually understand cricket beyond what commentators blurt out on air and what gets printed on kaler kontho sports page.

Mushy has been captain since 2011, Shakib was a one man bowling attack for 80% of that time bowling 40 overs per innings on dead flat tracks. all of a sudden he will resent Mushy for bowling his best bowler 20 overs on a rank turner? thats BanglaCricket logic right there. this forums quality has dropped shockingly over the years.

the new kids are obviously too young to remember how Jaya or Atapattu bowled Murali back in the day.

My guess is Shakibs actions are aimed at Hathu and not Mushfiq. But looks like Roey has been coughing all over the forum and most posters caught his lunacy virus.
You are spot on about the quality of posts these days. This forum has really gone to the dogs.

Regardless of who the action is aimed at, I find it strange that people are coming up with conspiracy theories rather than discussing the shocking thought process of a senior player such as him.

This team has been getting humiliated for years in Test cricket and has been in much worse shape than the current state of the team and all of a sudden it has gotten too much for him? The logic of some of the posters . If he thinks that 4 Tests in 6 months is too much of a ask then he can retire. Couldn't care less. He has been a nuisance for much of his career. BCB needs to show some backbone here and show once and for all that the team is above any player.