facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default Official Robiul Islam Thread

Hello everyone, and welcome to the land of the optimists. We have a new reason to smile amongst a disastrous England tour. The name is none other than Robiul Islam..He has already taken eight wickets in two innings in his first ever tour match. The day is still young, so we do not know how well he'll fare in the coming days; however, he gives us one more reason to hope. We hope Robiul gets selected in the first match and does something spectacular. More importantly, he gives us another hope for the future in the pace department.

Mr. Islam has been rewarded for his chart-topping performance in the recent NCL, and he currently boasts a record of 110 wickets in 32 matches. Success of Robiul in the national team would also give hoep to other performers in NCL and give their performances more credibility as well.. It is about time we recognised the top performers in NCL and reward them whenever opportunity arises. This way, the strength of our NCL and our national reserves will only increase day by day.

Good luck Robiul. May success flow through to our cricket through hard-working souls such as yourself.

Last edited by Rubu; April 27, 2013 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: title

Old May 16, 2010, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

he has good pace. more than shafiul, close to rubel. he is strongly built like shahadat. prone to no balls like dollar mahmud. can produce some swing like najmul but not as much as robin. has the knack of picking wickets ar regular intervals.

though some times he can be very wayward in line and length, when he is in rythm he can be a good bowler. and there is always room for improvement.

good lick our new boy in Pace department
Old May 16, 2010, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

We were all excited about Nazmul, then Shajidul, then Robin, then Rubel, then Shafiul. Now this guy? How long will it take us to realize that this is INT cricket? And when will we stop doing the same thing over and over again, like our batsmen makes the same mistake over and over again?

Only bowlers from that list that haven't disappointed us as much is Shafiul. At 1st we hated him too.
Old May 16, 2010, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
We were all excited about Nazmul, then Shajidul, then Robin, then Rubel, then Shafiul. Now this guy? How long will it take us to realize that this is INT cricket? And when will we stop doing the same thing over and over again, like our batsmen makes the same mistake over and over again?

Only bowlers from that list that haven't disappointed us as much is Shafiul. At 1st we hated him too.
when did robin play for the national team,i don't remember seeing him playing any international matches
Old May 16, 2010, 11:37 AM

Shahadat/Sharapova was a great find too early on in the England tour 2005 what with his pace and grunts. He sucked through the Test Matches nonetheless if I remember correctly. Lets not count the chickens before they hatch.
Old May 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Even Shahadat Hossain won't be his fan.
Old May 16, 2010, 02:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Best of luck to Robiul Islam!
Old May 16, 2010, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
when did robin play for the national team,i don't remember seeing him playing any international matches
What? He's played a lot of matches including the ones against NZ and SA in 2008.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default But, but...

I thought I said land of the optimists!! Oh well, you can vent your frustration...but I doubt even Mashrafee had this kind of success to start off with in warmups...

Just to let you know, the first guy I earmarked for success on this forum was Shafiul Islam, when he just started his 2nd match. People were already branding him as crap..look at him now. Oh, the only other guy I ever thought would succeed was a certain Mohammed Ashraful, when he was playing the Under-17 Asia Cup.

Let him develop..he might even get hit in the first test, but he will take wickets and will partner up with Shafi as one of our top 2 pacers in near future..I hope you do not give up on this guy easily..
Old May 16, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Best of luck to Robiul Islam!
indeed. and I personally think Shafiul Islam has not been too dissapointing in the International arena...of course there is room for improvements, but with what we have right now, couple of wickets in every spell will be more than useful for Bangladesh!

Remember these are seam friendly wickets. so there is hope for Rabiul Islam. it should be good to see these guys take pressure off Mashrafee so that he can be fully fit and bowl to his best potential when given the chance.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

is he the 1st player to have a Fan club before even appearing in an intrntnl mtch?
Old May 16, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
his "swing" talent may be useful here...hence why he was included. the one thing i would like to see him focus more on is consistently bowl in the good areas. success will come for him Insha'Allah!
Old May 16, 2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

looks like who ever get chance in national squad, u guys will become their fan and think rest are crap.
my question: is he the highest wkt taker in any format of cricket in BD?or even top 5.

why he is special than other bowlers?

P.S. warm up match success doesnt mean anything. In bd, all warm up match performer are flop in real matches.
Old May 16, 2010, 10:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am in. Best of luck.

What is the problem of being a fan of certain player? If over-rated crappy players like Alok or Aftab can have fans then anyone and everyone can have a fan club.
Old May 17, 2010, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

shahdats grunts still scare me. the noise he makes i use to think that he would rip the stumps
Old May 17, 2010, 04:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Over optimism. Let him do the same in Test or ODI than we should be optimistic.
Old May 17, 2010, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Old May 17, 2010, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
What? He's played a lot of matches including the ones against NZ and SA in 2008.
i don't know why i can't remember him even though i watched those matches.how fast does he bowl normally?
Old May 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am in. Best of luck.

What is the problem of being a fan of certain player? If over-rated crappy players like Alok or Aftab can have fans then anyone and everyone can have a fan club.
Too early, he is not proved yet not international, not domestically, not even in a team. Let him perform than I will think of becoming his fan.
Don't compare him with alok or aftab. Though they r notconsistent but they bring joy for us in several occassion and that was priceless

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 17, 2010, 11:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Too early, he is not proved yet not international, not domestically, not even in a team. Let him perform than I will think of becoming his fan.
Don't compare him with alok or aftab. Though they r notconsistent but they bring joy for us in several occassion and that was priceless

To me Alok and Aftab does more harm than good to BD national team. I am not you. You have your fans and I have mine. You take swipe at Shakib every opportunity you get. I will do the same on those two over-rated ones.

Alok and Aftab have proven they are worthless in Intl cricket time and again. I would support not proven ones (Robiul) over the ones who can't do jack. To me style matters very little than performance.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
To me Alok and Aftab does more harm than good to BD national team. I am not you. You have your fans and I have mine. You take swipe at Shakib every opportunity you get. I will do the same on those two over-rated ones.

Alok and Aftab have proven they are worthless in Intl cricket time and again. I would support not proven ones (Robiul) over the ones who can't do jack. To me style matters very little than performance.
Agreed..if guys who have average low 20's make us happy then I have nothing 2 say really..just don't understand why people think aftab and alok have done good 4 us..they have consistently shown that they throw away their wickets in the most unnecessary ways..we should make alok, aftab, and SN our past memories and move on..we have much better players we can rely on now..
Old May 17, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah

Joy for you in several occasions? how many is several? and what kind of joy are you talking about? them hitting 1 four and 1 six and then getting out? that kind of joy is priceless for you.
Old May 17, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
pretty much what i said
Old May 17, 2010, 08:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

he seems be a good bowlar
Old May 17, 2010, 09:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if rabiul read this thread he will be under severe pressure to perform when he gets picked to play