facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 5, 2013, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

I've never heard of the hosts having to qualify up until this! If we do have to, I hope we make it to the final & win just to rub it in ICC's ugly face. Unfortunately, it is extremely unlikely that we'll reach the final, let alone WIN!

Old October 5, 2013, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Forget the fact of hosts having to qualify. The matter that the WC is like half a year away and there is no official confirmation of the tournament structure. ICC is plain garbage, leading cricket to an inevitable death.

Changing rules over and over again, giving too much importance on India, etc, etc.
Old October 5, 2013, 04:02 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Hayre icc.. Hayre bcb..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 5, 2013, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Forget the fact of hosts having to qualify. The matter that the WC is like half a year away and there is no official confirmation of the tournament structure. ICC is plain garbage, leading cricket to an inevitable death.

Changing rules over and over again, giving too much importance on India, etc, etc.
Cricket will die within the next 50 years if things continue like this.
Old October 5, 2013, 09:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM

Its not just India anymore. CA and ECB are a bunch of devilish boards as well. Stealing Irish players, refusing to play lower ranked sides, sleeping with BCCI every chance they get. We have to accept the reality that this game we play is only about the big 3 boards. Which is why I'm hoping that rift between CSA and BCCI continues to grow. It stopped being about the good of the game 4-5 years ago, now its just about what is best for Bangladesh cricket.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 5, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cricket Sage

MHRAM, I think the ICC's lack of update to the tournament is fairly strong evidence that this news might just be a rumor. Think about it, there was already a qualifying round - where the 6 associate sides came from.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 5, 2013, 10:04 PM
MLC World Series I

Take a chill pill. ICC won't risk putting the hosts in a qualifying tournament and see them not make through..

Such a situation will have dire consequences. Just think about the two major possibilities:

1. Empty stadiums
2. Violent civilians

Not to forget, the civilians will already be volatile with regards to the political scenario in the country.
Old October 5, 2013, 10:14 PM
Cricket Sage

I agree...CI as of August didn't mention anything about BD or ZIM in any qualfying round. The OP has some anti-BD agenda and most likely just ran with this rumor posted on cricketeurope's site.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 5, 2013, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
MHRAM, I think the ICC's lack of update to the tournament is fairly strong evidence that this news might just be a rumor. Think about it, there was already a qualifying round - where the 6 associate sides came from.
well I sort of think the same. I have asked this question on different forums and they were unaware of any changes.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 6, 2013, 12:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
it will be dead in 20 years. cricket will be played only in india

Old October 6, 2013, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Cricket will never die. It will go through Indianization. Which isn't a word but soon will be.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old October 6, 2013, 02:07 AM
Cricket Legend

as if its not already indianized. everything this days is done to suit india

Old October 6, 2013, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I agree...CI as of August didn't mention anything about BD or ZIM in any qualfying round. The OP has some anti-BD agenda and most likely just ran with this rumor posted on cricketeurope's site.
I think everyone is getting very confused about the format of the tournament.

I read in the ICC official site that there will be a qualifying tournament in November and then teams (I forgot the number, i think it's 4) will join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in the 1st round of the main 2014 tournament. Winners (2) of the two groups will then join the 2nd round of the 2014 event.

The link is here http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20/qualification but it's not working! It was active 3 days ago!

It's very unprofessional for a body like ICC not to put up a dedicated site for a global event. The 2012 T20 site is here http://www.iccworldtwenty20.com/

So November event is qualifying one, not the pre-event 1st round. Everyone is mixing the qualifying round and the 1st round.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 6, 2013, 04:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
The new was confirmed by BCB game development chairman! How much more reliable source you want?
Just because you read on a bengali newspaper that it was confirmed by BCB game development does not mean its true.
Old October 7, 2013, 12:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Here it is, now the news confirmed by ICC also. For all the egoistic kids and speculators of if it was false, ICC release on the preceding tournament "ICC World T20 Qualifier" virtually confirms the news.
In that article is a line which clearly tells us that Round 1 of World T20 in Bangladesh will of 6 teams+ BD & Zim, for the convenience of all I am posting the para
"The final finishing positions of the teams in this event will determine to which group they will go into for the first round of the ICC World Twenty20 2014 tournament, alongside Bangladesh and Zimbabwe."

ICC World T20 qualifier is tournament from which 6 Associate will be selected for World T20

So it is just a matter of time when the qualifier of World T20 ends and we have the 6 Associates who have qualified that ICC will release the schedule for World T20 with the details of a Round 1 of 8 teams and Round 2 of 10 teams

The article can be found on this link
http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2013...qualifier-2013

Really sad that the anger of ICC was taken out on the messenger. Hope they will mature now
Old October 7, 2013, 12:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Some people confusing here that BD and Zim will have to play the qualifier. It is not the case. Let me explain again

Nov:- ICC World T20 Qualifier:- 6 Associates get selected

BD
World T20 Round 1:- 6 Associates + BD & Zim, Top 2 qualify for Round 2
Round 2:- 2 Top from Round 1 + 8 Test Teams except BD & Zim

So practically BD and Zim are playing in World T20 but in real terms they are playing the qualifying tournament from which best 2 will join the so called big 8

This is what I have always posted and this is how the things are. The above post also confirms the same like always. For those who still have doubt just wait for a month or max 2 when schedule is released it would be on the same lines

Last edited by jashan83; October 7, 2013 at 01:18 PM..
Old October 7, 2013, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

so what sort of pathetic world cup is that? world cups begin with all team in equal positions and thus is fair to all. icc is indeed pathetic
Old October 7, 2013, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Some (India) are more equal than others.
Old October 8, 2013, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauryan
Just because you read on a bengali newspaper that it was confirmed by BCB game development does not mean its true.
Have you even read the other posts in this thread? Do you understand what others are trying to explain? The original source was ICC as confirmed by BCB which was then published in the newspaper. It's not because I read someplace, it's the fact that BD will indeed have to play qualifying round to get selected for the top 10 round.
Old October 10, 2013, 01:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Another article confirming there is a Prelim Round as part of World T20 and the main round will be a 10 team event. Copy Pasting for the convenience of all

And yet Afghan cricket remains in a sort of limbo, waiting eagerly for an event in 18 months but not sure what comes before or after. They have a busy next few months, with the World Twenty20 qualifiers and a five-day Intercontinental Cup final against Ireland that promises to be a spicy affair. But for the players it must often seem that the cricketing world is happy to share the credit for their success, but rather less keen to actually help them. The main World Twenty20 is being scaled back down to ten teams. Afghan cricket (like all other Associates) will gain funding and exposure if cricket appeared in the Olympics, but the big beasts do not want it to. Afghanistan also need more sponsorship to reduce their dependency on ICC funding, but there is no inclination they will get the regular fixtures that would enable them to achieve self-reliance. While Hassan and Shazhad might be intriguing additions to county cricket, ECB work-permit rules mean there is a de facto ban on Afghans.

The article is on the limited opportunities for Afghanistan and can be found in the link below. The above para is the 3rd last para in the article

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/678293.html
Old October 10, 2013, 03:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Jashan, exactly what good do all these confirmations do? You've proven your point, now isn't it time to get lost?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 10, 2013, 01:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Jashan, exactly what good do all these confirmations do? You've proven your point, now isn't it time to get lost?
Why is it bothering you. This is an absolutely valid post for this thread. It is always good to verify the news for multiple forces as many people have expressed doubts on the same many times.

I can understand that the point now been proven, it hurt your ego and has hurt you so badly. After all you were the one using all means to defame and leading personal attacks on me, using wikipedia to prove it is false (Now this was funny ) and in the end it turned otherwise. These things happen.

I can just ask you to keep aside ego and keep to the topic. If this thread bothers you so much, perhaps take your anger on ICC and not me. I have just posted the news and that too with reliable sources and not wikipedia. If you are at zenith of being bothered perhaps you can stop visiting this thread. May god bless you.

Last edited by jashan83; October 10, 2013 at 04:49 PM..
Old October 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Why is it bothering you. This is an absolutely valid post for this thread. It is always good to verify the news for multiple forces as many people have expressed doubts on the same many times.

I can understand that the point now been proven, it hurt your ego and has hurt you so badly. After all you were the one using all means to defame and leading personal attacks on me, using wikipedia to prove it is false (Now this was funny ) and in the end it turned otherwise. These things happen.

I can just ask you to keep aside ego and keep to the topic. If this thread bothers you so much, perhaps take your anger on ICC and not me. I have just posted the news and that too with reliable sources and not wikipedia. If you are at zenith of being bothered perhaps you can stop visiting this thread. May god bless you.
Personal attack? Bro if I launched a verbal assault on you, you'd be bleeding profusely from your ears and be locked up in the psych ward on suicide watch. Don't be fooled by the screen name, I'm hardly devout, meaning I have no limits if I wanted to eviscerate your psyche and lay waste to your emotions.

All I did was point out that you have a penchant for rubbing salty s**t on threads related to Bangladesh's position in cricket. Thats all. Nothing less nothing more. You've been here how long? 135 posts? I think that speaks volumes as to your motives and intentions, however well masked they might seem to be.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Personal attack? Bro if I launched a verbal assault on you, you'd be bleeding profusely from your ears and be locked up in the psych ward on suicide watch. Don't be fooled by the screen name, I'm hardly devout, meaning I have no limits if I wanted to eviscerate your psyche and lay waste to your emotions.

All I did was point out that you have a penchant for rubbing salty s**t on threads related to Bangladesh's position in cricket. Thats all. Nothing less nothing more. You've been here how long? 135 posts? I think that speaks volumes as to your motives and intentions, however well masked they might seem to be.
Good for you. I am happy to know your personal capabilities. Hopefully you would use them positively otherwise you would be wasting them. Well you seem to think the info I provide is masked to rub salt? Well, to be simple, I did not put up threads based on my opinion but rather based on info I got from sources. Nobody shared this important info, which was even more important for BD. So I share them.

Read this thread only, you would see me supporting the BD team. I think you have formed a biased opinion, and I will be happy if you change it.I like the BD team. Above that I like BD fans more than their team, because they are the true supporters of their team that due despite the performances. Let's lay this to rest. As there is saying of Gandhi "An eye to eye makes the whole world blind"

Have a nice day and look at the positives of this format. In previous format BD played just 2 Games. Now they will be able to play 7 games (3+4). So more fun for the home crowd. They will enter against the so called big boys with a winning attitude. I think this World T20 would be a different ICC tournament for BD, very positive.

Last edited by jashan83; October 11, 2013 at 06:16 PM..
Old October 27, 2013, 04:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
The format for the men’s event in next year’s tournament has been changed following an increase in teams from 12 to 16.

As the teams’ seeding are based on the Reliance ICC T20I Team Rankings as on 8 October 2012, the top eight sides following the conclusion of the ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka 2012 will play directly in the Super 10 stage, while Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, which finished outside the top eight, will participate in the first round that will be held from 16-21 March.

The first round of the men’s event will include eight sides that will be divided into two groups of four teams each, with the table-toppers progressing to the Super 10 stage.

In the first round, Group A will feature host Bangladesh alongside three teams that will qualify from the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier UAE 2013, to be staged from 15 to 30 November. Group B will include Zimbabwe, which will be joined by another three teams from the upcoming qualifiers. As such, the two groups will be finalised on 30 November.

The Super 10 stage will start with an evening match between former champions India and Pakistan in Dhaka onFriday 21 March.

The two groups of the Super 10 stage are:

Super 10 (S10) Groups (Based on teams’ rankings on the Reliance ICC T20I Team Rankings as on 8 October 2012)

Group 1 – Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Group B Qualifier 1 (Q1B)

Group 2 – West Indies, India, Pakistan, Australia, Group A Qualifier 1 (Q1A)

Reigning champion the West Indies will launch its title defence against India in an evening match on Sunday 23 March. Earlier on the same day, Pakistan will lock horns with Australia, which is looking for the only global title that has eluded it to date.

If Bangladesh reaches the Super 10 stage, it will play all its matches in Dhaka, facing the West Indies on 25 March, India on 28 March, Pakistan on 30 March and Australia on 1 April.
http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2013...-against-india

So it turns out OP, Scyld Berry, CricketEurope, Cricket Ireland were right all along!