facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 2, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Islamist militant outfit threatens to kill Prof Zafar Iqbal

Quote:
Harkat-ul-Jihad Al-Islami, a militant outfit, has threatened to kill Professor Mohammed Zafar Iqbal, chairman of the department of computer science and engineering of the Shahjalal University of Science and Technology in Sylhet.
The Islamist outfit sent a letter to Zafar Iqbal,
also a noted writer, threatening to kill him within a month.
The letter reached the CSE department on Sunday, sources in the department said.
Zaynal Abedin, personal assistant of Zafar Iqbal, said the letter read, ‘The losses you (Zafar Iqbal) have caused to the Muslim community are irreparable. So, you will be killed within a month at any cost.’
Contacted, Zafar Iqbal said he had informed the university registrar of the matter in writing.
Confirming the news, registrar Jamil Ahmed Chowdhury told New Age Monday afternoon that the university authorities had requested the police administration to take necessary steps in this regard.
link

Out of all those chaos, I hope we don't ignore this threat or take it too lightly before it's too late. I heard good things about him.

Last edited by Fazal; March 2, 2009 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Removed his elder broither's reference

Old March 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

whether he is good or bad, the death threat is not justified.
btw, what good things have you heard about him unlike his elder brother?
and how was his elder brother?
care to share?
Old March 2, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
Agree. Good or Bad, No body deserve death threat . If my reference meant that way, sorry about that.

Quote:
care to share?
His elder borther is also well known. PersoanaIly I don't like him that much. But that is my personal choice. However his elder borther has nothing to do with this topic. It was a mistake to mention his name.

Please ignore that part. (btw I removed that part)
Old March 2, 2009, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Harkat-ul-Jihad Al-Islami members needs to be hanged publicly. I am so sick of these terrorists using Islam and Jihad in their names..
Old March 2, 2009, 04:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

If they want him to convince why don't they talk with him? Why the threat of killing?
Old March 2, 2009, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i have no Idea how this relates to Islam
Old March 2, 2009, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
i have no Idea how this relates to Islam
Good point. I don't know any reference where it is instructed to kill the muslim people who don't follow Islam. May Allah guide them.
Old March 2, 2009, 07:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i personally Admire Mohammad Jaffor Iqbal btw, some of his Science Fiction stories are top class. it has been a while since the last time i read his books
Old March 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

All Madrassas in Bangladesh must be operated under strick control by the governement. The curriculum must be specially guided by the governement. In return the madrassas must get some kind of subsidy from the governement. This will ensure proper teaching and also the Mollahs will be answerable to the system.
Old March 2, 2009, 09:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
All Madrassas in Bangladesh must be operated under strick control by the governement. The curriculum must be specially guided by the governement. In return the madrassas must get some kind of subsidy from the governement. This will ensure proper teaching and also the Mollahs will be answerable to the system.
well stated. a simple, feasible, and most importantly a correct way to approach the problem.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2009, 10:04 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

MZI is one of the best personnel Bangladesh has. Its a shame that he has to put up with so much crap as he does.

It will be one happy day when we can put all those rajakars behind the bar, forever.
Old March 2, 2009, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
well stated. a simple, feasible, and most importantly a correct way to approach the problem.

Unfortunatly the chances of it happening are low.
Old March 2, 2009, 10:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
i personally Admire Mohammad Jaffor Iqbal btw, some of his Science Fiction stories are top class. it has been a while since the last time i read his books
he is the author of one my fav book.."pret"..they actually made a natok out of it..i watched it when i was 12..couldn't sleep at night for weeks..i was scared to death..
Old March 2, 2009, 11:42 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

What has HuJ contributed to mankind? Nothing. BDR went after the wrong people. Those 1000 or so BDR jawans could still redeem themselves a bit by wiping out HuJ from Bangladesh. Good for the country, definitely good for Islam.

(posting as myself)
Old March 2, 2009, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

why is HUJ so angry with Dr. Zafar Iqbal? I mean like what are those irreparable damages?
To me its quite a bolt from the blue.... havent heard anything about Dr. Iqbal that can piss off groups like HUJ.
Old March 3, 2009, 12:03 AM

threatens to kill Prof Zafar Iqbal - Not the first time as I heard. But one can imagine how disgusting one might feel after such threat. Only other way I see as to counter ... is more and more brave men like him comes forward. And the funny thing you would observe ... Jamati like Islami 'business' [political] party remain silent on such life threat in the name or sake of Islam.
Old March 3, 2009, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Its just sad to see how many cowards hide behind an islamic mantra.
Old March 3, 2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Its just sad to see how many cowards hide behind an islamic mantra.
No, they firmly believe [and taught] they are fighting for Islam, and coward we are those who dont support!
Old March 3, 2009, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
No, they firmly believe [and taught] they are fighting for Islam, and coward we are those who dont support!
Temporary solution: Find these extremist and hang them publicly, modernize madrassah and other educational systems.

Long term solution: Countries like US, UK and Israel needs to start cooperating with muslim countries in general, remove military bases from Aghanistan, Iraq and stop bombing nations like Palestine and Lebanon. The whole "west " vs "muslims" point of view needs to be bridged from both sides.

This will automatically reduce the hatred among the general mass that is being used by these extremist group. Also, as we have seen in 9/11 and 7/7 western educated students can also get brainwashed to such behavior because of the geopolitical situation around the world.
Old March 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
he is the author of one my fav book.."pret"..they actually made a natok out of it..i watched it when i was 12..couldn't sleep at night for weeks..i was scared to death..
Well, the book was top, but i din't watch natok. However, as far as others said, the natok was the crappest of all, lol. Which one's true then? Yous or theirs? Shall i give the natok a go? Might find in youtube or other BD websites!............And as far as the killing threat is concerned, it's been quite long he's been receiving all these. But standing on the verge of all terrorist activities these days, when you never know what's gonna happen next second, I think Zafar Iqbal should be receiving some sort of security.

Last edited by Purbasha T; March 3, 2009 at 11:54 AM..
Old July 23, 2009, 02:27 AM
Street Cricketer

Hey any body knows who is Zafar Iqbal ... Is he was an Naat Khuwan or an Artist.
Old July 23, 2009, 03:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I admire Jafor Iqbal for all that he has achieved as a scientist and as a professor. He claims that he is an atheist and I have no problem with that. But he is a blind BAL supporter and sometimes can't refrain from taking pokes at Islam. In one of his story (probably titled "bhoyanok nana"), he negatively portrayed a character who recites prayers to keep the devils/jinns away from him. All over the story, through the character of nana, he portrayed Islam as a very backward and out-dated religion. A drama was made too based on that story. What's the point of such cheap writing from a scholar like Dr. Iqbal? If we can tolerate his open atheism, why can't he tolerate the belief of others? But no matter what he says and writes, death threat can't be justified and the government should provide full security for him. Mollahs should know that they should not take law in their hands. Allah and the prophet have issued many warnings in the Quran and Hadith that strongly disapprove killing and creating anarchy in the society.

Unfortunately in our country, be it a PhD like J Iqbal or the Mollahs, can't stay in line with the principle of live and let live. Secularists and atheists advocate freedom but never fails to take poke at those who truly and peacefully practise Islam, while Mollahs preach Islam but by taking law in their hands, disregard the fact that the sole authority to judge people's action and requite accordingly lies in the hands of by Allah, not with any other.
Old July 23, 2009, 05:34 AM
Test Cricketer

most of you guys living abroad. brought up and fed in the western country. i'm sure many of you can't read Bangla.
Zafar iqbal, is a great person. he is a champion scientist and good author. He wrote so many books for children about our War just to educate them.

I was born long after the birth of Bangladesh. but by reading his book, i got to know many truth about Bangladesh.
Mostly his writing is against the rajakers and paki minded ppl hence these ppl trying to kill him.
Old July 23, 2009, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
care to share?
i don't think that any of us have any right to judge whether he is good or bad. even in the most conservative interpretation of the quran, hadith and tariqas, none but the creator should judge.
Old July 23, 2009, 09:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

And we are still allowing Huj to operate? Why not get their leaders and sit them against true scholars of Islam and ask the rationality of death threats or any other activities that these people are doing in the name of Islam?

The only way to eradicate this problem is to let them know what Islam is. Taking them out will create another group similar to them. May be even bigger and stronger because of the revenge factor. You make efforts and Allah is the one to guide them show them light. Then they will help you eradicate any other cells that may have same flawed ideas or thought.