facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 10, 2006, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default What did Materazzi say to Zidane?

You all saw Zidane headbutting Materazzi. What do you think he said?

Old July 10, 2006, 04:51 PM
Retired BC Admin

Terrorist.
Old July 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

He said some real bad words mentioning his Mother who was sick and was admitted to hospital on the same day, he also said him 'Dirty Terrorist'

Source : ITV and BBC analysis (today)
Old July 10, 2006, 06:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

he said i will eat the jack fruit breaking on your head...
or My mom can head batter than you
or hey zidane how come all french people surrenders after the first shot
and so on

On a serious note
The defender denied saying dirty terrorist Source:sky sports
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 10, 2006, 06:34 PM
Cricket Guru

double post
Old July 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

watever he said , god that must hav hurt. minutes before that, u saw how well zidane can head. ouch
Old July 10, 2006, 09:56 PM
Cricket Guru

guys check this video out its on materazzii's previous fouls..... he is a brutal player....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70568688502787
Old July 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am a French fan...but the referee spoled the occation....first o one Saw what Zidan did...but the Fourth refree took advantage of T.V. reply and gave the virdict to main referees....And secondly first goal for France wasn't a panelty..!! But there were one really good shout for panalty when Malouda was brought down and a goal kick or sth was give.....
I want to Say..."WC final is too good an occation to be spoiled by poor refereeing...."
Old July 11, 2006, 12:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Materazzi could hv said the worst thing possible, but for someone of highest profile like Zidane, should hv known better to keep his head cool.

After all, that was his last game in professional career in a world cup final.
things just dont get any bigger than that..

he should hv bn able to rise beyond his personal feelings and think of million of his countrymen in France and around the world.

But if Materazzi has said something relating his sick mother or sister or involving family member, that is also very very low and absolutely shameful. hopefully his mother gets sick one day and someone will tell him the same thing back.

Its called Karma. What goes around, comes around.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 11, 2006, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Daily Mail reports:

Quote:
Marco Matterazzi called the French star the Italian equivalent of 'n*****', and then insulted both his mother and his Muslim background by saying he is the 'son of a terrorist wh***.
If this is indeed the case (which probably is - it's got to be something seriously offensive to agitate a player of Zidane's calibre and stature to react this way), it's extremely sad. Although it doesn't justify Zidane's actions, I can at least understand how infuriated he was.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old July 11, 2006, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Zidane is not 5 year old that somebody cursed his mom and he start hitting out. It's the Final of the WORLD CUP. Damn silly boys...

Also shada shob jaate kharap... khelte paare na ektuo.. mukh diya kotha koi barota....

That final was one of the worse game of the tournament. 3rd match of germany against Portugal was much much more enjoyable I thought!

It should have been Germany vs Argentina/Brazil to the final. I would have actually preferred Brazil after the German argentine match.
Old July 11, 2006, 03:45 AM
Test Cricketer

What ever the reason, Zidane's headbutt can not be justified at all. U simply can not attack someone like that. It was realyl great that Refree made a good decision to use TV replay and give a red one. Zidane is my fav player, but, still, I can not accept what he did and I have no regrets of his dismissal.
However, the FIFA should really make an official investigation about what Matrezzi said. He must have said serious stuff and it should be subjected to criminal interogation. This is similar to any criminal offence. Zidane was provoked to act like that. If Zidane rightfully deserved the red card, so do Materezzi. He deserved to have an investigation about his atttitude. He should be punishd severly if found guilty, like, banned from playing any sort of professional footabll for next 5 years. Only then, proper justice can be done.
Old July 11, 2006, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Ermm.. Ejaj, this is not like Cricket where you are allowed to confer technological gadgets. This is actually something the ESPN commentators were harshly criticizing. The 4th and 5th referees saw the replay on the big screen and informed the referee about it. Neither the referee nor the linesmen knew about it. This is outside interference and not allowed. According to the laws of football, the ground referee can consult the linesmen (and reserve referees), but it has to be based on what they saw first hand and realtime. Replays or hearsays are NOT legal influences.

Look, I am not an apologist for Zidane. I agree that in a way justice has been done. Zizou's action deserved a red card. But this doesn't take away the fact that football is still scarred by racial abuses, incompetent officiating, and unsportsmanlike conducts (in this case the good ole' dirty Italian antics). It's kind of ironic considering FIFA's slogan for this event was to eliminate racism from the sport. Who remembers the Spanish coach caught on tape saying they must stop that black bastard Henry? Racism is very much prevalent in this sport, much worse than Cricket or other brands of North American fan favourites. It is a bitter shame that Zidane had to leave this way. But he will have many fans' empathy specially considering that his mother has been ill for quite a long time and was hospitalized in the very morning of WC final. Once again, I don't approve of what Zizou did. It's not like he is alien to trash talks or banters on the field. But he is a human after all and this was all a touchy subject for him.
Old July 11, 2006, 06:19 AM
Chief Moderator

This is for Cats_eye bhai

Old July 11, 2006, 06:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte Blanche
Ermm.. Ejaj, this is not like Cricket where you are allowed to confer technological gadgets. This is actually something the ESPN commentators were harshly criticizing. The 4th and 5th referees saw the replay on the big screen and informed the referee about it. Neither the referee nor the linesmen knew about it. This is outside interference and not allowed. According to the laws of football, the ground referee can consult the linesmen (and reserve referees), but it has to be based on what they saw first hand and realtime. Replays or hearsays are NOT legal influences.

Look, I am not an apologist for Zidane. I agree that in a way justice has been done. Zizou's action deserved a red card. But this doesn't take away the fact that football is still scarred by racial abuses, incompetent officiating, and unsportsmanlike conducts (in this case the good ole' dirty Italian antics). It's kind of ironic considering FIFA's slogan for this event was to eliminate racism from the sport. Who remembers the Spanish coach caught on tape saying they must stop that black bastard Henry? Racism is very much prevalent in this sport, much worse than Cricket or other brands of North American fan favourites. It is a bitter shame that Zidane had to leave this way. But he will have many fans' empathy specially considering that his mother has been ill for quite a long time and was hospitalized in the very morning of WC final. Once again, I don't approve of what Zizou did. It's not like he is alien to trash talks or banters on the field. But he is a human after all and this was all a touchy subject for him.
How do u know that Matz used racial abuse or calling Zidane's mother?.. Nobody yet knows about this for sure and u are already making sweeping statement. U might wait few more weeks before concluding ur statement on racial abuse. Yes, i agree that there had been some racial abuse going on in eurpean football.. but, the incident that happend, hadnt been proved at all for such case. Even Zidane's isnt telling anyting to anyone about it. It could be someting very silly and he just probably over reacted. That could be the reason why Zizu is silent about it yet.

Well, i think its good for football that Ref did indeed consult 4th or 10th official. whoever, to find out what realyl happend. Zidane did commit crime and he shouldnt get away with that. Thats as simple as bright sunlight. If u r cricizing Ref for doing sometingh right, then, I dont have anyting else to tell u. And, regarding ref authority, u might look into Fifa site to know a bit details about it. This is the reason that All the ref's were given wireless communication device so that they can consult to officials, if they have missed someting . This was definteily a good decision and things like this should happen more often. It will decrese many crimes that happen on the field.

Btw, I do understand the difference between football and cricket...
Old July 11, 2006, 07:04 AM
Test Cricketer

I know that whatever Materazzi said, it hurt Zidane a lot because he still hasn't talked about it to anyone, not even his agent. Also, when players head-butt or elbow players, they try to hide it from the ref and act like it was an accident, but you could tell that Zidane couldn't care less if he got sent off, thats how much the insults hurt.

There has been claims that Materazzi said something about his mother, and this would have hurt Zidane because his mother is really sick at the moment.
Old July 11, 2006, 08:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

R_S, sorry i can't view it from the office PC. will see the pics from home.

Orphous,
Zidane holo kochi khoka, jar nak tipley ekhono dudh ber hoi.

Rest of all,
from your views, I am not sure who is the victim here. Why are you guys sympathetic to the criminal? What happened in the field should remain in the field. If FIFA wants to investigate what was said then the muddy waters will get muddier. Zidane has history of snapping. he got back to back red cards in the italian league for hot tempered actions. He got 5 match ban playing for Juventus for head butting. He is the highest carded player in the history of the World Cup. 4 yellow cards and 2 red cards in two world cups. Don't you guys remember what he did to the saudi player? How he kicked a man when he was down? I am sure the guy down (a muslim brother) didn't call him a terrorist or something and the funny thing is France was leading 2-0 then. You guys would still side with Zizu's action? Grow up people, smell the roses. Materazzi is the victim here.

I hope if FIFA takes any action against Materazzi then Materazzi needs to sue for assult, battery, aggrevated assult. Italians should instigate a criminal lawsuit against ZIDANE.

Replace the name Italy with Bangladesh, replace the name Materazzi with Kaiser Hamid. You will see through clear water then.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; July 11, 2006 at 09:05 AM..
Old July 11, 2006, 08:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Now i guess its upto FIFA to investigate into the matter..
After all, they have been trying to ( or acting) taking a hard stand against racism in football world, or especially, in the european football.

If Materazzi has said anything like that, he should be banned for atleast 5-10 games in international or club stages. FIFA should not allow itself on a double standard role and needs to act quickly.

Italian football is going thru a rough patch, or rather i should say, a reflection of thier true colours..??

and if they fail to act on it, my asssumptions would be that all these acts of FIFA is nothing but phony and cover up.

Hope Zidane open his mouth sooner than later and tell the whole world what exactly happened that night.

I am no Zidane supporter neither im a French Fan, infact i was really happy to see France loosing that night. I also dont approve of Zidane's action either.
But saying so, if the allegations against Materazzi is true, i want some drastic action against him. or else its FIFA who's gonna look like a real idiot.

and its gonna give Football a bad name.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:04 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Cats_eye, chill down mate!!

I AM SO SURPRISED TO SEE UR HATRED TO ZIDNAE!! really quite atypical of your character.

Quote:
Replace the name Italy with Bangladesh, replace the name Materazzi with Kaiser Hamid. You will see through clear water then.
Replace the name France with Bangladesh, replace the name Zidane with Salahuddin. You will see through clear water then.

Racism should not be supported by any means, whether it is done by my brother or my enemy, its always a crime against humanity.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cricket Savant

I am not supporting the racism. The action what Zidane did can not be justified even if you replace the name with Salahuddin. Sorry, using force just crosses the line. In any sports that should be dealth more severely, than "he called my mother so and so."

And this is not Zizu's 1st time. A repeated offense, he has a history of doing things like that. So I suggest you can chill bro. I am fine.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
I am not supporting the racism.
Quote:
Grow up people, smell the roses. Materazzi is the victim here.

I hope if FIFA takes any action against Materazzi then Materazzi needs to sue for assult, battery, aggrevated assult. Italians should instigate a criminal lawsuit against ZIDANE.
And you are supporting Materazzi for what he did (racist comment) and as a well wisher of Materazzi suggesting his line of action
Old July 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Miraz bhai,
Who got headbutted? who is the victim here? Please don't say ZIzu.

And there is a big "IF" infront of your second quote.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:29 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is very sad, if I admired anyone in the French team it's Zidane but nothing can justify his action at this level of professional football, especially in the WC final.. not to mention his very last game! Had Zidane kept his cool and won the match for France it would be a better answer to whatever Materazzi said, but he took it personally and did that terrible thing.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Miraz bhai,
Who got headbutted? who is the victim here? Please don't say ZIzu.
In my opinion the real victim is Zizu, he lost many things which Materazzi gained. It was a shameful exit for any player (I am not mentioning great as you will disagree). Materazzi provoked him and Zidane was caught in the trap. That's a stupid act by Zidane, no doubt. But again, such strong provocation with unacceptable wordings (racist) should be punished. Zidane got his punishment in the worst possible manner. Now its time to punish Materazzi. You cannot brand him as 'Victim' or innocent.
Old July 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
I am not sure who is the victim here. Why are you guys sympathetic to the criminal? What happened in the field should remain in the field. If FIFA wants to investigate what was said then the muddy waters will get muddier.
Materazzi is the victim here.
sorry if im not following u properly, how come Materazzi be a victim here ??
u also telling me that in fear of gettin the truth out, u should keep it all quite ??
racism is all right as long as they r done on the field ??
its all right to slur about ur ill mother who is in a hospital ??

and sorry if i cant agree with yr bro. when an incident of that magnitude happens in a world cup final involving Zidane or any player of his profile, i guess not only the French but the whole world has right to know what exactly happened.