facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 2, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

I don't get why people take so offense when Mash receives criticism.

Old March 2, 2016, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
You criticize Sachin, people will be offended.

Mash is our icon, a true legend and a fighter.
Old March 2, 2016, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Ramiz was so pissed off and he deliberately ignored the interview with Soumya. He should lose his job for not doing it properly. Such a moron.
I don't think so. It was probably more to do with the fact that Soumya doesn't know any English whatsoever and probably told them he didn't want to give an interview. But they could have had another BD player as a translator for him easily. Guess they just didn't bother.

Last edited by Habib; March 2, 2016 at 04:06 PM..
Old March 2, 2016, 03:22 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

We r the first team in T20I not to give any extras and no one mentioned about it? Well done tigers for not giving away any extras
Old March 2, 2016, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Humble pie for our two India friends (KingKohli and Austin3:16) both whom, said 'pak would win easily...' ''Aamir alone is enough'' and what not. Where are they gone now?

Watch them come out now...and say India will thrash you. even though I've only quoted what they said regarding this game v Pak, before the match.

Some these haters of BD: They have this strange, double standards, and such pretentious attitude. It's VERY unpleasant.
Old March 2, 2016, 04:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Here. While fully acknowledging he is our best captain, with nothing but the highest regard for his courage and patriotism, and even agreeing that he IS contributing something as a bowler and hit-n-miss #8, I think his, yet-to-be-confirmed decision to retire at the end of the T20 WC is the right one. Everytime he steps on a field to play, he's jeopardizing his ability to WALK. We need him till Champions Trophy in ODIs. And T20 is where you groom a future captain - like Riyadh. Asserting an opinion like mine does NOT make me a hater. You disagree, fine. Let's do so respectfully.
Didn't want to sound offending. Was just pissed at the thread posted a few days back calling for Mashrafe to retire.

However, any sensible cricket fan would realize that Mashrafe's performance is more than acceptable - well he no longer bowls at express pace, but he keeps it tight and seldom gives away freebies to batsmen. And add to that his ability to hit a few balls out of the ground when he comes to bat. My opinion is, he is still one of our best bowlers even in T20 (if we keep captaincy out of the question). If you don't believe me, pull up the list of the most economical bowling performances for Bangladesh - 17 of the top 50 belongs to Mashrafe. And most of those came in recent times.
Old March 2, 2016, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Here. While fully acknowledging he is our best captain, with nothing but the highest regard for his courage and patriotism, and even agreeing that he IS contributing something as a bowler and hit-n-miss #8, I think his, yet-to-be-confirmed decision to retire at the end of the T20 WC is the right one. Everytime he steps on a field to play, he's jeopardizing his ability to WALK. We need him till Champions Trophy in ODIs. And T20 is where you groom a future captain - like Riyadh. Asserting an opinion like mine does NOT make me a hater. You disagree, fine. Let's do so respectfully.
We need him ideally till 2019 world cup! He's still clocking 135 k...after the world cup we only 3 matches vs England. Why should he retire before 2019?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2016, 04:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We need him ideally till 2019 world cup! He's still clocking 135 k...after the world cup we only 3 matches vs England. Why should he retire before 2019?
Just pray he can keep it going for the WC

We need him!!!
Old March 2, 2016, 04:40 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
spot on.
Old March 2, 2016, 04:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Weldone BD team. Congratulations. One more victory, please.
Old March 2, 2016, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
We r the first team in T20I not to give any extras and no one mentioned about it? Well done tigers for not giving away any extras
wow, that's cool.
Our team was always very disciplined, specially after Shahadat left, we rarely give no balls, Pak are master of it, lol

On a different note, Inzi & MoYo thinks it's time to bring back Salman Butt & also Asif

Old March 2, 2016, 05:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, mushy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpmA_GB7DY

riad did not understand hayden's question
Old March 2, 2016, 07:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
There are different kinds of criticisms.

If a bowler doesn't bowl well in an over and you point that out, that's one kind.

Calling someone a pensioner and calling for his retirement from all formats of the game when he's a great captain (and we're not exactly loaded with many great options in that department) and a good player is another kind.

The latter kind - thankfully from a minority - is ridiculous. That's what people point out.

If you have trouble getting that, then you belong in the minority category.
Old March 2, 2016, 07:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Impressive. Never happened before?

Well done, Tigers
Old March 2, 2016, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Can some people please stop fighting here just enjoy the win.
Old March 2, 2016, 07:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
On a different note, Inzi & MoYo thinks it's time to bring back Salman Butt & also Asif
They already have many better bowling options than Anwar Ali - who was awful - without needing to resort to drastic measures. And for that particular wicket, they needed another spinner. Their selectors do a poor job.
Old March 2, 2016, 08:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Array bhais and apus.....Merhava Merhava....Danilka Danilka .....Manfuchiana .....Prodishkie ala Zagrevi.....Bada Bing Bada Bang....
Old March 2, 2016, 08:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Big congratulations to Team Bangladesh! Congrats skipper Mashrafee Bin Murtaza!

Cheers to all banglacricket.com members, all lovers of the game of cricket and all well wishers of cricket in Bangladesh.
Old March 2, 2016, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I don't think so. It was probably more to do with the fact that Soumya doesn't know any English whatsoever and probably told them he didn't want to give an interview. But they could have had another BD player as a translator for him easily. Guess they just didn't bother.
Exactly ! If ppl watched the post match conference u woulda seen that Ramiz Raja was praising bd alot and talking how great sarkar is. At a certain point i thought Ramiz was going nuts with all the praising haha.
Old March 2, 2016, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Afridi retiring
Old March 2, 2016, 08:25 PM
Cricket Legend

[A general Post on the match)

Poor Sami this might be his end.
Bottles it when it mattered. To his defence, pressure was immense, Riyad there looking solid, Mashrafe tonked a few previous overs. Sami couldn't not hack it and lost it mentally but I'd say Riyad looking that calm and solid despite the situation has played a part in Sami's nerves too.

Anwar Ali we all knew was the one to target. He neither has pace or swing. I reckon even if there was 12 to get of the last over with Anwar Ali bowling, Mahmudullah would've got them runs.

Pak made two massive mistakes. One was picking Manzoor 2nd Anwar. Instead of Manzoor they should have played Wahab, with Anwar down the order Hafeez could moved up. Or Another spinner in place of Anwar.
Their opener Manzoor has not done anything of note yet played 3 games as a passenger. Hafeez looks much more dangerous as a opener.
Afridi could've even came out ealier after few wickets went out trying to up the runrate, as we know he can take any bowling side apart on his day, surely should have taken a bolder step. In doing that could have put BD bowlers out of their focus, when you have Afridi come out early you start thinking differently. I for one think that could have been a counter attacking move. But even saying that, Afridi could have as usual gone on the first few balls of coming early anyway. But still, worth a different tactic.

ANYWAY. This is the best BD bunch of brave hearts ever before. Mahmudullah has shown how far exactly BD has come since '12 asia cup. The mental strength is lot stronger, and confidence is lot better, team spirit is excellent and the whole team know their roles better than ever before.

Big big WELL DONE and congratz to all the Loyal Bangladesh cricket team fans across the world who has seen the very lows, some glimbs, lot's of pain, some hopes and now being rewarded with joy's. For supporting BD through thick and thin.
Old March 2, 2016, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Afridi retiring
How can he? He is still 17
Old March 2, 2016, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Old March 2, 2016, 10:51 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Pakistan's mistake wasnt who they chose as bowlers. Their bowlers bowled with heart and fire the whole tournament. They needed to change the rubbish players they have in the top order which they didnt do. If they play another 10 games with that top order they will again be 4 wkts down by 50 runs. The problem is in their batting and they want to address it by changing bowlers! If you keep getting to below par scores even 5 amirs cant save you. Ridiculous captain and management.
Old March 2, 2016, 11:02 PM
Cricket Guru

^ Well they dropped the 'King of Dot Balls' Shehzad from the Asia Cup and WC for one of the openers and now they are rushing him back in Talk about U-turn

And tbf Hafeez is still one of their best bats