facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Default Rokibul hasan

Is he fit for the second match? He shud play instead of rajin who plays with negativity... He starts the slowness of runrate and ashraful paid for that in the first innings. 2 of 35 balls and lbw trying to defend.
Inshallah rokibul plays next test match..no more rajin saleh!

Old October 22, 2008, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagor786
Is he fit for the second match? He shud play instead of rajin who plays with negativity... He starts the slowness of runrate and ashraful paid for that in the first innings. 2 of 35 balls and lbw trying to defend.
Would you please explain how Rajin's slowness of runrate is realted to Ashraful's first innings failure?
Old October 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Would you please explain how Rajin's slowness of runrate is realted to Ashraful's first innings failure?

ha ha. i like ur answer man. Bd fan love 20/20 style in test match and get all out in 3 days.
Old October 22, 2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ash was out playing irresponsible attacking shot, not defending. I would like also to point out to perhaps a very unpopular angle: Rajin played a very crucial first innings to steer us clear off danger. Without his efforts in taking the shine off the new ball, we would have been destroyed. He did exactly what was called for. Sorry, but I've got to give credit where it is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
A very good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
ha ha. i like ur answer man. Bd fan love 20/20 style in test match and get all out in 3 days.
I'm sorry wiseshah. Didn't know that your busy 7-11 schedule made you miss all 5 days of our last test. We kicked the kiwis around for most of that one, just like we did it to the Aussies and the pakis beofre..

Seriously, in the context of Mirpur pitch and the next test, we have to stop thinking of Rajin's head automatically, if Rokibul comes back. Shahadat, despite his superb bowling in the 5th day, must also be considered.

After all, we are unable to take Ash off the team. If he gives up captaincy, he opens himself up for dropping - the only medicine that works to fix his batting.
Old October 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, (was) Aftab

Hi all,
How are you all doing?

I agree with Fazal and Wiaeshah and those who really understand test cricket. Rajin's effort in the first innings was supurb. To my knowledge, we need players like that in test 11. Now in a given day of a test match you can't expect 9 performing out of 11.

So lets accept the fact that some did well and some need to improve their game in the upcoming matches and tours.

Over all, Great try and I would like to see that every now and then from our boys.

Cheers.
Old October 22, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

Blame everybody but ashraful. This is a common strategy employed by the politicians!!!
Old October 22, 2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Ash was out playing irresponsible attacking shot, not defending. I would like also to point out to perhaps a very unpopular angle: Rajin played a very crucial first innings to steer us clear off danger. Without his efforts in taking the shine off the new ball, we would have been destroyed. He did exactly what was called for. Sorry, but I've got to give credit where it is due.

I'm sorry wiseshah. Didn't know that your busy 7-11 schedule made you miss all 5 days of our last test. We kicked the kiwis around for most of that one, just like we did it to the Aussies and the pakis beofre..

After all, we are unable to take Ash off the team. If he gives up captaincy, he opens himself up for dropping - the only medicine that works to fix his batting.

hey Billah, thanks for your message. Actually i watched all 5 days and quiet happy with the performances. Most guys played very professionally. Even after losing the match, i am not feeling any sadness. It was a tough fight. what i was saying, rajin's innings and partnership with tamim was excellent, if they could have repeated the same performance, think about our total runs. we need rajin type of players in the test match for sure. for hard hitting we have junaed, mashrafe, tamim, ashraful, razzaq-----how many u need in a test match. So rajin's performance wasn't bad. it was not excellent but it was okay and timely. so nobody should complain.
Old October 22, 2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

if you have to complain, complain about enemy ul haq Moni, he is our national enemy now. I think ICL should take him to ruin some ICL team. In that case he will ruin Dhaka warrior
Old October 22, 2008, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashie
Hi all,
How are you all doing?

I agree with Fazal and Wiaeshah and those who really understand test cricket. Rajin's effort in the first innings was supurb. To my knowledge, we need players like that in test 11. Now in a given day of a test match you can't expect 9 performing out of 11.

So lets accept the fact that some did well and some need to improve their game in the upcoming matches and tours.

Over all, Great try and I would like to see that every now and then from our boys.

Cheers.

Hi bashie, welcome to BC forum. This is one of the coolest forum u will ever see in ur life. any way, what does bashie means?( is it flute? or bamboo- i/ bash )
Old October 23, 2008, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Rakibul isn't even in the test squad is he? You can't just pick a player out of the blue.
Old October 23, 2008, 03:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

I think everyone had a decent match except for a few. Those few would be Ashraful (as a batsman mainly),Junaeed(batting) and Shahadat Hussain(bowling).

As we all know Sakib, Rahim and Mashrafee were the stars. Top marks to them.

Overall I think the team is improving in the Test Arena, maybe not by much but there definitely is improvement. Usually we loose a match in four days and struggle to even make it the 5th day.

Hope the team learns from their mistakes and does better in the 2nd Test.
Old October 23, 2008, 03:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Rakibul isn't even in the test squad is he? You can't just pick a player out of the blue.
lol that's exactly what I was thinking.. he is not part of the test squad..

I think the forum opener needs to rethink and pick one of these guys : Rasel or Mahbubul.. unfortunately both of them are bowlers

Here is the test squad: Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Rajin Saleh, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Naeem Islam, Syed Rasel, Mahbubul Alam

Last edited by tiger_club; October 23, 2008 at 04:05 AM..
Old October 23, 2008, 03:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-BLAST
I think everyone had a decent match except for a few. Those few would be Ashraful (as a batsman mainly),Junaeed(batting) and Shahadat Hussain(bowling).

As we all know Sakib, Rahim and Mashrafee were the stars. Top marks to them.

Overall I think the team is improving in the Test Arena, maybe not by much but there definitely is improvement. Usually we loose a match in four days and struggle to even make it the 5th day.

Hope the team learns from their mistakes and does better in the 2nd Test.
Yup, spot on!
Old October 23, 2008, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Though he is not in the test squad but he is staying with the team. Selectors were hoping he will be fine by the time of Mirpur test.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Even if Raqibul is fit, he should not play in this game.

He is not match fit. He has not played any games for last 2 months

He has to play in the on-going NCL to get match practice and get fit.
Old October 23, 2008, 02:35 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

he is not fit........so it will be same team for 2n test
Old October 23, 2008, 09:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

i think team should be unchange.rajin deserve one more chance.
Old October 24, 2008, 12:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

If Raquibul is fit,,then there is no replacement for him...let him play instead of Rajin or even Ashraful..
Old October 25, 2008, 03:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

So what's the playing 11? Is Rakibul playing or no?
Old October 25, 2008, 02:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Cricket
Nat'l Cricket League
Rokibul set to return

Sports Reporter

Tigers batsman Rokibul Hasan will be back to business with the bat when the third round of the Ispahani Mirzapore Tea 10th National Cricket League kicks off today at three different venues.

The right-hander, who had fractured his right thumb during first one-day in Australia in September to be ruled out from that series and the home series against New Zealand, will play the four-dayer for Barisal against Sylhet at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra.

It is unlikely to see the the Khulna-Chittagong match start on time at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium due to incessant rain but the organisers were hopeful about the other two venues.

Rajshahi take on Dhaka at the Rajshahi Divisional Stadium in the other third round game.

Rajshahi showed a strong batting display in the second round which helped them outplay Chittagong by an innings and 22 runs and move to the top of the table while Dhaka were indebted to left-arm spinner Elias Sunny, who turned the table from Sylhet to secure a six-wicket victory.

Elias Sunny returned with a match-haul of 13 wickets in that match, which included only the second hattrick in National Cricket League's history

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=60350
Old November 8, 2008, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Raqibul Hasan is one of the more inexperienced players in the Bangladesh squad for the U19 World Cup in Sri Lanka. He has played in just four first-class matches but already has one century to his name. Hasan, who likes to be known as Nirala, broke into the U19 team in the recent tri-nations series featuring England and Sri Lanka. He was very impressive in that tournament, scoring 249 runs, including an innings of 121 against Sri Lanka in only his third match at international level. He is a complete batsman who needs to work on improving his strike rate in order to be a major force in the future of Bangladeshi ODI cricket.
Chris Oliver January 2006

The above profile is from Cricinfo. After his triple the only notable innings he played was 89 against India. How do you rate him in his current performance context?

Following is his ODI career:

Match by match list
15--00v South AfricaChittagong (CDS)9 Mar 2008ODI # 2690
63--00v South AfricaDhaka (SBNS)12 Mar 2008ODI # 2691
12--00v South AfricaDhaka (SBNS)14 Mar 2008ODI # 2692
DNB--00v IrelandDhaka (SBNS)18 Mar 2008ODI # 2693
2--00v IrelandDhaka (SBNS)20 Mar 2008ODI # 2694
2--00v IrelandDhaka (SBNS)22 Mar 2008ODI # 2695
12--00v PakistanLahore8 Apr 2008ODI # 2696
8--10v PakistanDhaka (SBNS)8 Jun 2008ODI # 2704
89--00v IndiaDhaka (SBNS)12 Jun 2008ODI # 2706
83--20v United Arab EmiratesLahore24 Jun 2008ODI # 2711
35--10v Sri LankaLahore25 Jun 2008ODI # 2715
25--00v IndiaKarachi28 Jun 2008ODI # 2721
52--10v Sri LankaKarachi30 Jun 2008ODI # 2726
0--00v PakistanKarachi4 Jul 2008ODI # 2733
14--00v AustraliaDarwin30 Aug 2008ODI # 2758
0--00v South AfricaPotchefstroom7 Nov 2008ODI # 2771

Cricinfo mentions, Raqibul will be a handy addition to Bangladesh's batting line-up, which has often failed to deliver in the recent past. A steady accumulator of runs, Raqibul has made 412 runs at 29.42 in 14 innings since his debut in the home ODIs against South Africa.

I am yet to see an innings from him which can result in a valuable contribution towards win and a real ground work when ball to run ratio does not soak up the potential of reaching the target.

Last edited by One World; November 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM..