facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 26, 2003, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Default 24-27 Apr 2003 - BAN vs SA - 1st Test - Day 4

I seriously did not think yesterday that I would get to start a new thread with this subject today, so it can only be a good thing. Since we got this far, lets hope that we can make SA bat again and Masri takes two hattricks and we win! Now I'm starting to sound like Shahid, so I'll shut up and let our players do that talking.

Edited on, May 9, 2005, 1:12 PM GMT, by radicalsami.

Old April 26, 2003, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Everyone hit the chat
Old April 26, 2003, 10:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Cool Sham bhai but you were right u were sounding a bit like Shahid. Looks like u stole some words from Shahid eh :P

Well our players are dumb they can not do the talking and I won't say lets hope for the best as whenever some of us say dat it jinx our player to perform the worst on da particular day.

So, I would say lets hope for the worst ( This might help our players to come out of the jinx)

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by ehsan]

Old April 26, 2003, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

3 wickets at 224. nice
Old April 26, 2003, 11:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The game is over Mahmud gone its 224 for 9 now. The same **** of peace from our team again ... an innings defeat.
Well this match didn't llok like we will get an innings defeat but then we did. ****!!!
Old April 26, 2003, 11:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

BD 237 all out in the second innings.

South Africa won by an innings and 60 runs

Well all in total you can say that there was no fourth day.

Old April 27, 2003, 12:06 AM
Cricket Legend

well all the optimism was great, and while we did have a better outing, at the end it was too predicatble. Save Bashar and Javed, the rest of them played like cows. Ashraful and Akram got out unnecessarily, and who knows what the rest did. There was no reason for an innings defeat today, so if you want to rejoice that we got to the 4th day, go ahead and set the bar as low as you can.
Old April 27, 2003, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Default What else is there to do?

We can't do anything about how our team plays. So instead of setting the bar too high and getting all riled up, it makes more sense to me to set the bar low and rejoice at whatever little good that happens. Lets face it, we aren't going to stop coming to this board, we aren't going to stop talking about team selection or whatever else that we usually waste our time talking about.
Old April 27, 2003, 02:22 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

And thats how a die hard fan should be.
Old April 27, 2003, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

My growing apathy towards our cricket team is not directed to anyone who is very optimistic on this board. that is harmless and so is my frsutration. we don't have much else to do. I do think the team could have and should have avoided an innings defeat on this wicket. If we weren't die hard fans we wouldn't all be here, so I don't think we need to separate ourselves into who is more die hard than the other. It's just that I can't bring myself to celebrate mediocrity in game after game. Hope you guys understand.
Old April 27, 2003, 12:10 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

But scoring 297 (that is, almost 300) in the second innings for Bangladesh is not a common thing.

Only twice Bangladesh have done that and the first time it was against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka - but the main factor for scoring that 328 was that we were all out for 90 - our lowest ever test score in the first innings.

And the second time - it was also in the second innings - but that time it was against Zimbabwe.

And against Zimbabwe our batsman have always done better than any other test nation i.e., Bangladesh's average test score against Zimbabwe is around 250 - if you ignore the totals of 168 (2nd test match, 2nd innings in Zimbabwe) and 107 (1st innings, 1st test match, in Bangladesh). Although the 2nd innings of that match ended in 125/3 with the set batsman getting out, but with 125 for the loss of 3 wickets - against Zimbabwe - we could have at least reached 200 if not 250.