facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2005, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Default I can’t believe we lost to this Derbyshire!!

Derbyshire comprehensively defeated us in the 1st practice match. I took it quite normally until today. This same Derbyshire team was all out for 82 today in National League Division-II One-day match against Durham. ALL OUT FOR 82!! And we lost to this Derbyshire!!!

Cricinfo Scorecard: Derbyshire All Out for 82

Old June 13, 2005, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Probably bowling friendly pitch. Durham is 38/4 now.
Old June 13, 2005, 11:26 AM
Street Cricketer

Very puzzling - isn't it? It goes to show that when it comes to BDs cricketing fortunes nothing is as straight
forward. I think it is a matter of using wrong strategy in playing an unknown county team. This sounds very odd but in my opinion BD should have allowed derbyshire to bat first. Also the BD bowlers did not help.
Old June 13, 2005, 12:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

With some questions in my mind...I was looking for any sort of ranking chart of the county teams. I wanned to know the actual level of the Durbies and the Worcs... but couldn't find any.

I assumed the durbies couldnt be that good and I was disappointed to see BD lose 6 wickets to score 162 vs the worcs.

Anyone can give a better idea about the strength-level and ranks of these two county sides? I fear that we did real bad aginst some pretty average sides.
Old June 13, 2005, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
With some questions in my mind...I was looking for any sort of ranking chart of the county teams. I wanned to know the actual level of the Durbies and the Worcs... but couldn't find any.

I assumed the durbies couldnt be that good and I was disappointed to see BD lose 6 wickets to score 162 vs the worcs.

Anyone can give a better idea about the strength-level and ranks of these two county sides? I fear that we did real bad aginst some pretty average sides.
Does the county Championship point table serve as some kind of ranking you were looking for?

Both the Durbies and the Worcs play in the County Championship Division Two. Worcs are placed 2nd and Derby is placed 9th out of 9 teams. Division One also has 9 teams--these must be the better teams. In this sense, Worcs are 11th and Derby is 18th out of all 18 county teams.

Cricinfo County Division Two Points Table

Edited on, June 13, 2005, 5:36 PM GMT, by babubangla.
Old June 13, 2005, 01:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thanks for the link bb. As I had assumed already.... it really seems now (from the point table) that we did not do vey well at all against the 11th & 18th positioned county team.

But interestingly enough... we got thrashed by the 18th... yet managed to beat the 11th!

What an unpredictable team BD is!
Old June 13, 2005, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Don't forget that we got humiliated against sussex in the second practice game.

Edited on, June 13, 2005, 6:56 PM GMT, by LateCut.
Old June 13, 2005, 02:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Thanks for the link bb. As I had assumed already.... it really seems now (from the point table) that we did not do vey well at all against the 11th & 18th positioned county team.

But interestingly enough... we got thrashed by the 18th... yet managed to beat the 11th!

What an unpredictable team BD is!

Probably because Hick did not play.
Old June 13, 2005, 02:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglarBir
Very puzzling - isn't it? It goes to show that when it comes to BDs cricketing fortunes nothing is as straight
forward. I think it is a matter of using wrong strategy in playing an unknown county team. This sounds very odd but in my opinion BD should have allowed derbyshire to bat first. Also the BD bowlers did not help.
How could they, if BD had lost the toss
Old June 13, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim
Quote:
They could refuse to play unless they are allowed to bowl first.
Old June 13, 2005, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim
Quote:
They could refuse to play unless they are allowed to bowl first.

You are the "resident comedian" of this forum!!
If I had the authority, I would have changed your title from member to this.
Old June 14, 2005, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Looks like I am not the only person unhappy with team management. In his column in Prothom Alo, Lipu thinks under DW's guidence, performence of the players are going down. In support of his claim he pointed at national players' ordinary performences in the last NCL. He also thinks, like I do, DW does not have his heart in his job anymore.

You can't just blow away this guy as under his and Grindege's guidence Bangladesh at least managed to beat strong county teams like Middlesex and Essex (I consider that much talked win too controversial, so don't want to mention it).

Atahar and Faruk thinks current bunch is more talented than the team that played WC'99. So, I find it very puzzling why they can't even reapet the same fit that the bunch of 99 accompliced.
Old June 14, 2005, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
asha korbo lipu emon kichu bolbe na jeta shune whatmore monokkhunno hoben. karon ami chai na amader team a pakistan ar moton akta situation hok jekhane shobai shob dhoroner kotha bolte thakbe. asha korbo shobai team ar bhalor jonnoi kotha bolbe bangladesh team ar sharthe. ebong amar kintu akhono bishhash dave bangladesher jonnoi kaj korchen. sheta na hole tini british mediake shamlaten na eto shundor bhabe. dhannabad.
Old June 14, 2005, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Defending the team from media! To me, it sounds like he is making his case to defend himself
Old June 14, 2005, 03:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Looks like I am not the only person unhappy with team management. In his column in Prothom Alo, Lipu thinks under DW's guidence, performence of the players are going down. In support of his claim he pointed at national players' ordinary performences in the last NCL. He also thinks, like I do, DW does not have his heart in his job anymore.

You can't just blow away this guy as under his and Grindege's guidence Bangladesh at least managed to beat strong county teams like Middlesex and Essex (I consider that much talked win too controversial, so don't want to mention it).

Atahar and Faruk thinks current bunch is more talented than the team that played WC'99. So, I find it very puzzling why they can't even reapet the same fit that the bunch of 99 accompliced.

Well.. I seem to disagree wtih Lipu although, i am a huge fan on Lipu bhai. But.. commenting on DW's dedication for the team... is someting.. difficult for me to accept. DW has the most difficult job of the world. He has to fight the entire international and domestic media when hei is doing his job. He is a human being , So.. he can get frustated with the team performace.. after all.. its the players who will play on the ground. But.. he surely is a very aspiring personality and If I were Lipu bhai, i would be just keeping some more faith in him. Its better if the team develops gradually and then it can sustain in the longer run.

About the players.. i also believe that, this present players are much more talented and technically sound than that generation. OUr players have much better technique now and only thing that they lack in temerment. So.. if they can stick together for sometime and play.. then.. I believe, there will be much better results from this present team players.

I dont think.. win against the county team is any important basis of judgement. Our present team is infact much better in technique and much more gutsy than that generation. They are also pretty young compared to them and have much less cricketing experiences (all together i mean.., the old guys player 5-10 years of Dhaka league that featured many international players). Moreover.. one more point...although not to disrespect the result achieved by older generation, is that.. County cricket standard was at its bottom during that time. County cricket is much more stronger now and genrating great cricket players for last few years. So.. Playing against them.. is much more difficult than few years back. The comparision shouldnt be there. I infact have much higher hopes than ayntime before even after the very dismal performance by BD team. I am sure.. if they are contiue to learn.. the same team will give much more trouble to stablished cricketing nations within 5 years.
Old June 14, 2005, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

I can’t believe we lost to this Derbyshire!!

Going back to the thread.
This is the same Derbyshire Team, which defeated New Zealand in 2004 despite a superb ton from Fleming, and Derbyshire were without Hick also.

Derbyshire v New Zealanders, 16 June 2004 (50-over match)

Edited on, June 14, 2005, 10:43 AM GMT, by Sam.
Old June 14, 2005, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Now we should believe after we loose to one of the weakest county team mate .
Old June 14, 2005, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

there is nothing to be disheartened after loosing to derbeshire. true that is a very weak team. but that was a practice match too. and we did not play with full strength either. we were doing all kinds of experiments possible. we also made nazmul bol 8 overs in one spell which i think is an experiment. i dont think habibul is going to tell him to do that in the real match. because if he continues to do that we are going to loose nazmul in a few years. moreover that was our first odi in england. in the second match we have already proved that we are actually not that bad as we were able to handle shoaib quite well. i wont say very well but i wont say too bad though as ashraful was able to take 12 runs in an over. so that is something impressive.