facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 30, 2007, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Make sure you take a lot of pics and share them with us. I could a tleast look at the pics since I will not be going there. 400 bucks for 4 days in a college dorm does not seem worth it.

Old October 30, 2007, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Nafis i suggest you go. In my high school years, the music department went down to the states every year . The trips were expensive. But it sure was worth it. The memories with your friends are awesome.
Old October 30, 2007, 11:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Sorry to hear that Nafis bhaiya. But if you're able to go, do go and spend the time. I'm sure you'll have fun. However, if there's something to do with financial difficulties and all, then use your best judgment

Inshallah will see you there if we happen to be in Montreal at the same time.
Old October 31, 2007, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

high school escursions are the best times. On top, if girl deprived cadets get to have a week escursion with another girls college.

Nasif, did I ever tell you, some guys have all the luck?

Nafis_BD,
Try your best to make it. If not start planning for next year from now and save money.
Old October 31, 2007, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

The budget is not a problem, I could easily work in my school to get some extra moneys and have the full amount but the problem is staying over at a college dorm with all stupid activities doesn't seem worth it after all the hard work to get the money. Even with that I might have went if my friends came too but none of my friends are coming so I don't want to go there either.

Kabir bhaiya, if I do end up going to montreal or Quebec I will make sure I meet you guys.
Old November 1, 2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
The budget is not a problem, I could easily work in my school to get some extra moneys and have the full amount but the problem is staying over at a college dorm with all stupid activities doesn't seem worth it after all the hard work to get the money. Even with that I might have went if my friends came too but none of my friends are coming so I don't want to go there either.

Kabir bhaiya, if I do end up going to montreal or Quebec I will make sure I meet you guys.
Nafis Bhaiya, I would still HIGHLY recommend that you go. Its not just about going with friends, or doing what you perceive as silly activities. Its going to be a different experience, and something that will broaden your horizons, perspectives and perceptions at least a little. since its organised by your school you'll be taken care of well, dont worry. If there are problems you have, you will have counselors and teachers you can go to for help.
Old November 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Montreal er ashol akorshon Downtown Montreal. Montreal er notun akorshon, Mahmood bhai er bashay bhabir hather biryani!!!

But bhaijan, the word "stupid" followed by "Kabir" really disappointed me...dukho pelam khub
Ostad maaf koira dienn...bhul hoia gechiloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD

stupid activities...they ain't that badd..u dn't hav to get yourself involvedd..sometimess it getss pretty interestingg..
Old December 2, 2007, 05:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Had the pleasure of meeting Mahmood bhai, and having the world's BEST biryani cooked by bhabi, and the world'st BEST borhani prepared by Mahmood bhai. Whoever goes to Montreal, this should be your first priority...highly recommended.

Sorry Ishtiaque, couldn't try that food place you recommended. I was inside that place too...and it was PACKED. So we had to get going.

If anyone's planning to go to Montreal, do go to "The birth place of Montreal"...this is the only city in the world which knows exactly where its birthplace is. It's time well spent inside this place...do watch the show...mindblowing. Also, visit the church on top of Mont Royal. Drive around old Montreal, their downtown...nice area. Driving is rough...so be careful.

When you to go Quebec, spend at least 5 to 7 days there. Start with the Observatorie...on top of a 31 storeyed building on top of the high land. It gives you the best introduction to Quebec. If it's a group of people going there, make sure you stay one night at the Chateau, the focal point of this city. I mentioned group of people since it may not be possible for most of us to stay there if it's only one person going there. I didn't stay there either...too expensive. It's a 300+ years old castle...turned into a luxurious hotel. Go in summer, and get lost in Old Quebec...you'll be glad that you're lost. And once you're hungry, go to any restaurant and treat yourself with some of the best food you can get...all European style. Food in Quebec is pretty cheap. Don't be surprised if you see NO desis, and NO chinese. We were the only 4 desis in the city...it felt like. Don't miss the Aquarium...next to St. Lawrence river...keep one day for this only.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. It was a superb trip...I guess I deserved something good after no vacations in the past 4 years. Thanks to my wife for arranging it all