facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 12, 2004, 10:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bowling was not so good. But it may be acceptable in absence of Taposh and Tareq.

Old July 12, 2004, 11:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default winning is a good habit!

and its good to see that the team is coping with that habit!

nice result.. chasing 248!

cheers for Pilot n Rafiq again.. for valuable runs!.. i can see what the test 100's hav done to them!

BD is actually playing with secondary bowling strength.. without Tapash/Tareq... so not to worry... coz it will improve whn the team is in full strength in the big matches(hopefully)!!

and most of all...welcome back KAPALI!!
Old July 12, 2004, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Not very convincing - a mere two wicket win over a B side. However, it's very good to see that we have won chasing 250, especially when you consider our horrible chasing skills. If we can keep this up and improve on it, then we'll be able to put up good shows in the future.

I don't think Javed's not of ODI standard. He did score a century against a test playing side (if I recall correctly) in a practice match before the champions trophy in Dhaka (the one in which we didn't play). However, he does have to improve a lot.
Old July 12, 2004, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Great Win

Loved to see BD chased 250 runs. Can't wait to see them in LIVE Action. I got Dish Network (ARY digital) and from Thrusday night it will be ALL CRICKET at my place. Just hoping that my wife will not kill me before the tournament ends .
Old July 12, 2004, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by 200SX
i thnk bd shud take the match against hong kong as a practice match, which will b very helpful for the other match......

As you know, our top orders are usually master blunder. We have seen it before and it continues in recent matches as well. So, I wouldn’t take anybody lightly especially this new comer Hong Kong. I am not sure about their blowing strength, but I know that only one good bowler could destroy our top order in a blink of an eye. Anyway, if our top orders click expect a landslide victory.
Old July 12, 2004, 12:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default A win is a WIN

it does not really matter how we win, but that we win. it happened in real matches several times before that we could not win from a good position. these win will be helpful to handle situations like that.

tigerfan, can u broadcase via msn/yahoo messenger like cricketpagol? that would give 30 members like us a chance to watch it.
Old July 12, 2004, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

BD should talke them more seriously .see srilanka almost beat BD .but it was luck bd won the game
Old July 12, 2004, 02:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bangladesh warm up well
STAFF CORRESPONDENT

A splendid team effort helped Bangladesh score a two-wicket victory over Sri Lanka Invitational XI in the third and final practice match at the Colts Ground in Colombo on Monday.
Winning the toss, the Bangladesh captain invited the hosts to bat first. The local team piled up a respectable 248 runs losing seven wickets in the stipulated 50 overs with Vandoots (86) and Farnando (47) playing superb innings against a Test side.
Among the Bangladeshi bowlers the left-arm duo Mohammad Rafique and Abdur Razzak scalped two wickets each conceding 32 and 34 runs respectively. All-rounder Khaled Mahmud also picked up two for 54 runs while Mushfiqur Rahman got one wicket.
In reply, Bangladesh racked up 251 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 49 overs. Out-of- form Alok Kapali scored highest 47 runs while wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud added an unbeaten 40. All-rounder Mohammad Rafique (35), vice-captain Rajin Saleh (32), captain Habibul Bashar (22) and Faisal Hossain (17) were the other notable run-makers. Khaled Mahmud remained not out on 6.
Mohammad Ashraful, who scored a century in the first practice match against the same team, scored only three runs.
The Bangladesh squad reached Sri Lanka 15 days earlier to play three practice matches as their part of their preparation for the Asia Cup Cricket.
Bangladesh will play their inaugural match against minnows Hong Kong on July 16. They will face Pakistan in the second match.
A win against Honk Kong would secure a second phase berth in the tournament for Bangladesh.

Source: New Age (www.newagebd.com)
Old July 12, 2004, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

see what i am talking about
Old July 12, 2004, 04:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

I dont know how you guys feel ... but I am very upset and unhappy with our batting performance in any kind of match whether it's an ODI or a first class match. Our upper order simply sucks! They consistantly get very little or no run although the are regarded as specialized batsmans ... if rafiq-pilot and other lower orders and bowlers make more runs on average than our specialized batsman .. then what good they are to the team
Old July 12, 2004, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I'm really confused with my feelings about this win.

ppl made the following comments in this thread so far:

" A win is a win" --- true

" end of the day winning by one wkt or one run is the same" --- true

"winning against a B-side in such an unconvincing way is not satisfactory"--- true

"bring on honkong, will kick there a$$"--- not sure.

"we are getting into a winning habit" --- true

"BD top order still sucks"-- true

all those comments are pretty contradictory, I'm not sure what to make of it. My prediction is not to predict when it comes to BD. But good luck Tigers.
Old July 12, 2004, 11:10 PM
Street Cricketer

Recently its a good trend that we win in our tour matches. It is really good sign. Coz loosing tour match destroy the confident.

Well done boys.....
Old July 13, 2004, 01:31 AM
Street Cricketer

Based on practice match performance if team management include Alock in best 11 I think they will make mistake.
Old July 13, 2004, 01:52 AM
Street Cricketer

Told you.

[Edited on 7-13-2004 by chinaman]
Old July 13, 2004, 02:49 AM
Street Cricketer

How about trying Alok instead of Javed Omar in the opening position ?
Old July 13, 2004, 04:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Shabash Bangladesh

Go Bd Go Bd Go Bd yeah!
Well done although I expected better results. Guys it looks like Bangladesh cricket is finally coming into its own. This win will surely fire em up for the coming matches...
Old July 13, 2004, 08:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Default My Emotional vs Critical response

Emotional response:
BD got a win and did excellent.

Critical response:
Same old story. Top order collapsed once again and consistently.
Old July 13, 2004, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Biplob
How about trying Alok instead of Javed Omar in the opening position ?
Ditto. Javed really doesn't inspire me in ODIs. When did Javed scored few runs or survived long in ODIs? His recent form and match fitness indicates he is gonna fail spectacularly. Atleast Kap's opening the innings in Asia cup can be seen as future investment, even he fails to perform and then get dropped.

Prolly we all somewhat know the shape of the BD playing eleven :
Option 1 : Javed opens the innings and either Kaps or Faisal plays in the middle order.
Option 2 : Kaps opens and Faisal plays in the middle order.

Personally I would go for option 2. The only apparent 'problem' with option 2 is all of our first three batsmen would play one shot too many (Kaps, Ash, Bashar). Shall we take the risk or not? We try not to take risks in first 15 overs. But when did our openers 'piled' up a decent score in ODIs? Hannan & Rana did it in 5th ODI against Zim, but apart from that? Let us try a new trick.....

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by Zephaniah]
Old July 13, 2004, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
it does not really matter how we win, but that we win. it happened in real matches several times before that we could not win from a good position. these win will be helpful to handle situations like that.
I completely agree. A win is a win is a win, and doing it chasing 250 is even better.

Bangladesh need more practice at winning against provincial and A and B teams, and this match is a step on that path.

Ian Whitchurch