facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 20, 2010, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Biman Reverts to Old Livery/Logo

well biman has abandoned the new livery after just 2 months, citing that it doesn't reflect the country. although their old livery was a perfectly good one, seems like a colossal waste of money to get a new one like they did.

so what are the opinions of BCers? personally, i grew to like the new livery, but i never had problems with the old, now current livery either. but part of changing logos/slogans/livery is about rebranding and marketing something as a "new" product. and it this is fact that is perhaps most troubling about the way biman has been operating.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old April 20, 2010, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

of course they did.... making some quick money doesnt get any easier.

When they said we needed a new livery to re-brand Biman, everyone said yes.
Now they say the new design isnt good, we need the old one back, everyone is saying yes.
Trust me in 2 months time we'll be getting another new livery for the same rebranding cause... Biman is going nowhere...
Old April 20, 2010, 04:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What a waste of money!
Old April 20, 2010, 07:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
.......... although their old livery was a perfectly good one, seems like a colossal waste of money to get a new one like they did.

so what are the opinions of BCers? personally, i grew to like the new livery.....
New livery painted on new or leased aircrafts will cost as much as old livery painted on New/leased aircrafts.

As far as I know and could see when I went to Bangladesh in Jan/Feb 2010, none of the Old Biman Aircrafts has been repainted with Old livery. DC-10,Focker28,Airbuses A310 still has the old livery.

I think they should keep the new livery on new planes and old livery on old/existing birds biman already had.
Old April 21, 2010, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
New livery painted on new or leased aircrafts will cost as much as old livery painted on New/leased aircrafts.

As far as I know and could see when I went to Bangladesh in Jan/Feb 2010, none of the Old Biman Aircrafts has been repainted with Old livery. DC-10,Focker28,Airbuses A310 still has the old livery.

I think they should keep the new livery on new planes and old livery on old/existing birds biman already had.
yes, but if they have to repaint the newly leased planes (which they should) it will be a waste.

the DC-10s and even the Airbuses prolly don't need to be painted if they will be discarded soon - actually the A310s will still probably hang around for much of the next decade, so they should painted to whatever is the official current livery. as it stands that means re-painting 4 planes: one 772, one 313, and two 738s. and that is a waste.

more importantly, instead of reverting to the old logo - biman should have come up with a third logo that "represented the nation" better so that they could also maintain the guise of "rebranding" which is a marketing ploy that all airlines have used. PIA, Air India, Saudia have all introduced new liveries in the past.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 21, 2010, 03:49 PM

from a previous post of mine:

Quote:
Effing joke of politicians, bureaucrats and governments that we have!!! They'd rather waste another Thousand Crore taka de-branding and rebranding the joke of an airline that Biman is!
imo this is another waste of public money. The thousand crores bit is just part of my rant and is not a verified amount.

The new livery was fine, and representing the country doesnt come from a livery alone, but how the overall brand is portrayed: the service delivery, the people's perception of the brand, etc. (All of which are rock bottom with the old logo and scheme). The new livery was just the first step, with a good bit of advertising, PR, and quality of service from Biman, it would've represented BD a heck lot better than the old livery. That scheme isnt retro, its just old*

All in all these politicians a.just found a new way to waste/eat public money, and b.Have no clue to what representing a country/brand/entity really means in a marketing sense. Or maybe they've got it right by staying true to the perceived corrupt, decrepit, basket-case and impoverished image of Bangladesh with an airline that is equally rank.
Old April 22, 2010, 01:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
from a previous post of mine:

imo this is another waste of public money. The thousand crores bit is just part of my rant and is not a verified amount.

The new livery was fine, and representing the country doesnt come from a livery alone, but how the overall brand is portrayed: the service delivery, the people's perception of the brand, etc. (All of which are rock bottom with the old logo and scheme). The new livery was just the first step, with a good bit of advertising, PR, and quality of service from Biman, it would've represented BD a heck lot better than the old livery. That scheme isnt retro, its just old*

All in all these politicians a.just found a new way to waste/eat public money, and b.Have no clue to what representing a country/brand/entity really means in a marketing sense. Or maybe they've got it right by staying true to the perceived corrupt, decrepit, basket-case and impoverished image of Bangladesh with an airline that is equally rank.
perfectly well stated. i cannot understand the idiocy of these people. honestly, its high time right thinking people stage a revolution and take over that god-forsaken govt.

#OneTeam1Dream