facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 16, 2017, 08:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Mushfiqur is an idiot!

Along with that people pleaser and ethics police Isam who apparently thinks taking leave or putting time for yourself to relax is apparently a "first world problem". (Then again this guy doesn't exercise so obviously he is bound to be so cynical and negative...)

I will tell you a story. As I mentioned in my Footwork thread re:martial arts which some nawabs gave red arrows apparently conflating my sharing of personal story as being bombastic...

So the story is I took muay thai for 6 months. And some days I used to show up either stoned or highly caffeinated and would tell coach "do you run less when you advance more and more?"

His answer was extremely enlightening. "Heck if you advance more you run EVEN more!" And then he pinpointed exactly my motive: "It is not good sign that you come here not wanting to run..."

This was long time ago. And I also learned the value of "Growth mindset" (heck even before Carol Dwieck from him). He made me believe that it is far more than talent and overnight success and all weak people can become stronger over time.

Anyhoo, given that context do you see how utterly IDIOTIC Mushy sounds? Mushy is not "slapping" anyone (as the troll above me would irritatingly put) or lambasting anyone. ONLY person he is dissing is... HIMSELF.

Because what does that tell us? That tell us HE believes once you reach certain heights and laurel you can rest. This dumbass doesn't have kaizen mentality or asymptotic mindset of perpetual growth to reach perfection even though all the while cognizant you can never make it.

This guy is twit. Then again you don't expect any less from Non-Alpha Male. (Where the hell is Roey when you need him?)

Why the bloody hell people thinks taking care of yourself is a luxury or "first world problem?"

THIS IS WHY BANGLADESH WILL NEVER IMPROVE AS A NATION OR TEAM.
  • We feel guilty for treating ourselves.
  • We do not honor our Selves.
  • We put people first instead of our needs.
  • We conflate self-love as some sort of "ego" or "bombastic expression".
  • Ironically the above stems entirely from lack of self-esteem. We feel some sort of misplaced pride and virtue to put ourselves down for well being of others.
  • We as a society are pandering doormats.
  • The above is NOT a genuine expression. ^^
  • We may be nice to others but not ro ourselves.
  • And so on and on and on... yadda yadda yadda...

I really had to put this psychoanalytical post because A. I am deeply interested in this "self-loathing" "people's priorities before my own well being and happiness" issue, and B. because this lack of healthy self-esteem is a deep seated problem which has cost us many a match...

Sacrifice is NEVER a virtue. It is a misplaced disgusting habit that breeds resentment and bitterness. We may sacrifice sometimes at a given moment but then that egoic self would come back 20 years later and tell that person: "Look what I did for you. Where is my payment?"

Sometimes those smarmy, smiley-emoji people pleasing people are the most deceptive obnoxious person out there. And believe me there are plenty in this forum.

Thank you very frikkin much for reading my long winded rant.

Old September 17, 2017, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Are we sure that Mushfiqur didn't say that sarcastically? But then again its Mushfiqur....
Old September 17, 2017, 09:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Watching the Chelsea Arsenal game. Not the most accurate comparison, just a thought.

Chelsea have to play 7 games in 21 days and 65 plus games in a season combined with clocking a thousand miles for travel and intense training sessions. Considering the physical and mental demands in football are considerably higher than Cricket, imagine a Chelsea first team player asking his manager for a rest so that he could be 'fresh'.

And then we have our spoilsport superstar asking for a rest for playing 5-6 test matches a year, where we hardly play more than 4 days. What message does it to send to the younger players?
Old September 17, 2017, 09:29 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Zee, you make some good points but not sure if Isam necessarily meant first world problem in a derisive way. When he published the article in question on his FB profile he added:

"What Shakib has brought to Bangladesh cricket:
Consistency ✅
Stronger sense of professionalism ✅
Star power ✅
and this week... Managing player fatigue ✅"

I would read that as Shakib being a trend-setter.
Old September 17, 2017, 09:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Watching the Chelsea Arsenal game. Not the most accurate comparison, just a thought.

Chelsea have to play 7 games in 21 days and 65 plus games in a season combined with clocking a thousand miles for travel and intense training sessions. Considering the physical and mental demands in football are considerably higher than Cricket, imagine a Chelsea first team player asking his manager for a rest so that he could be 'fresh'.

And then we have our spoilsport superstar asking for a rest for playing 5-6 test matches a year, where we hardly play more than 4 days. What message does it to send to the younger players?
football players routinely get rests.
Old September 17, 2017, 09:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

THIS IS WHY BANGLADESH WILL NEVER IMPROVE AS A NATION OR TEAM.
  • We feel guilty for treating ourselves.
  • We do not honor our Selves.
  • We put people first instead of our needs.
  • We conflate self-love as some sort of "ego" or "bombastic expression".
  • Ironically the above stems entirely from lack of self-esteem. We feel some sort of misplaced pride and virtue to put ourselves down for well being of others.
  • We as a society are pandering doormats.
  • The above is NOT a genuine expression. ^^
  • We may be nice to others but not ro ourselves.
  • And so on and on and on... yadda yadda yadda...

Sacrifice is NEVER a virtue. It is a misplaced disgusting habit that breeds resentment and bitterness. We may sacrifice sometimes at a given moment but then that egoic self would come back 20 years later and tell that person: "Look what I did for you. Where is my payment?"
You only have to read the comments on that PA article to know how right you are. The average Bengali still has a lot of growing up to do.
Old September 17, 2017, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Mushfiqur is ......
Thank you very frikkin much for reading my long winded rant.
You know I am among the very few who reads your entire posts. Thank you for posting them.

For this circumstance, I agree with you.

The only things I donot agree are,

"We put people first instead of our needs." This cannot be bad.

"Sacrifice is NEVER a virtue." and the word "NEVER". You win chess games sometimes on sacrifice. Depending on your end goal, sacrifice sometimes are necessary.
Old September 17, 2017, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
football players routinely get rests.
Yes you 'routinely' get a rest if you are playing football for Bangladesh or North Korea.
Old September 17, 2017, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot

Test matches are as demanding physically and much more demanding mentally than football

Football players do get rests often, they play 65, but a vital player like kante only played about 40 of them and even then not fully, you'll find that's a third off

Players also ask for rests all the time

Shakib may play 5-6 test matches, but how many matches has he played this year?

Lot more than 5-6

Last edited by tiger1000; September 17, 2017 at 07:40 PM..
Old September 17, 2017, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Concurrent Systems

Isam logged on 2 days ago.
Old September 17, 2017, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Concurrent Systems

Its good that he took a break, his batting will be exposed in SA anyway.
Old September 18, 2017, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Its good that he took a break, his batting will be exposed in SA anyway.
Same way it was going to be exposed in new zealand?

Old September 18, 2017, 08:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Give this thread a rest now nah mon. Let the guy enjoy his break nah.
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

In the world of sports, a better break taking strategy is to sit out every few games. Just taking time off for an elongated duration tells me you are taking a vacation. So it is the mental burnout, not the physical burnout which is affecting Sabbatic- Al Hassan. If his body really needs a rest, don't play him in every single match.

In soccer, they rest their stars when they have more than two games in the span of a week.
Even in basketball, some teams rest their stars when they have back to back away games.

So this practice is very normal. But taking break for a long duration where you miss out on the big games as well where your skills are need, that is just asinine!