facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 3, 2015, 08:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Default Match Thread: 2nd Test- Bangladesh vs. Pakistan at SBNCS, Mirpur, Dhaka, May 6-May 10, 2015 (10:00 local | 04:00 GMT )

Match thread

2nd Test : Bangladesh vs Pakistan

Venue: SBNCS, Mirpur, Dhaka

Date: May 6-May 10, 2015

Time: 10:00 local | 04:00 GMT (everyday)

The Series is tied 0-0 after the 1st Test was Drawn. Match Report.

Bangladesh Squad: Mushfiqur Rahim (captain), Tamim Iqbal (vice-captain), Imrul Kayes, Litton Das, Mominul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Shuvagata Hom, Soumya Sarkar, Taijul Islam, Jubair Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Mohammad Shahid
(for 1st Test, no announcement for 2nd test yet made)

Pakistan Squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (captain), Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Imran Khan, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Sami Aslam, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah, Younis Khan, Zulfiqar Babar, Bilawal Bhatti

Good Luck Bangladesh . Hopefully Pakistan will leave the country without a victory.

Cricinfo Coverage

More ...

Old May 3, 2015, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Bismillah
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

hopefully I did not break any recent developments in match thread opening rules which I am not aware of .. ... ....
ODI Cricketer

I hope for a draw in this test match as well, but Mirpur pitch may provide us a result.
Old May 3, 2015, 09:33 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

I hope our mgtm stop with the 8 batsman nonsense..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 3, 2015, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

If the top 7 can't get the job done then somethings wrong. Ffs just play Jubair or even Gazi.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

What type of wicket we should make? Batting? Spinning? Pace?
The wickets of ODI at Dhaka suited us well. I want the same type wicket used in ODI.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:23 AM

Default Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
hopefully I did not break any recent developments in match thread opening rules which I am not aware of .. ... ....
^^^ for that, we have to wait...until the match ends... as only rule is opening a winning match thread!
Old May 3, 2015, 11:45 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

My ideal XI for this match would be,

Tamim
Imrul
Liton
Mominul
Riyad
Mushy
Shakib
Gazi
Taijul
Al Amin
Mustafizur

I know this is not going to happen... but this is probably the strongest XI we can put together right now. I cant think of a better seam attack than Al-Amin and Mustafizur combo... both bowls decent pace, both are wicket takers. Gazi-Taijul-Shak combo is good too. I picked Gazi ahead of Zubair because he is almost another allrounder and therefore adds strength to our batting. I wouldnt mind having Zubair though.... Bring in Liton. Other batsmen are performing... so less pressure on this guy. He is a run machine and having him in the squad would be a huge boost for the upcoming matches against South Africa and India
Old May 3, 2015, 11:50 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

In terms of strategy towards the match... I wouldnt mind having another flat deck to be honest. Pakistani bowlers have shown how to take wickets when they bowled us out pretty cheaply in the first innings. I am positive that Pakistan would want to win this at any cost and therefore try to play a much more aggressive game. All we need to do is bowl smart and consistently and wickets will come. the tuk tuk cricket Misbah and co are used to playing will only lead towards a draw. They have figured by now that they cant just bat as long as they want and still bowl us out easily. Its their respect at stake... for us finishing the tour undefeated would be nothing short of amazing.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
In terms of strategy towards the match... I wouldnt mind having another flat deck to be honest. Pakistani bowlers have shown how to take wickets when they bowled us out pretty cheaply in the first innings. I am positive that Pakistan would want to win this at any cost and therefore try to play a much more aggressive game. All we need to do is bowl smart and consistently and wickets will come. the tuk tuk cricket Misbah and co are used to playing will only lead towards a draw. They have figured by now that they cant just bat as long as they want and still bowl us out easily. Its their respect at stake... for us finishing the tour undefeated would be nothing short of amazing.
I agree 100%
Old May 3, 2015, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Bring Litton for Soumya and bring in Jubair for Hom. I think the management will go for this change.

OR

they will go for this change: Bring in Litton for Soumya
Old May 3, 2015, 12:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/518566/
Old May 3, 2015, 01:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Rubel is useless in this format. Bring in Shahadat in his place.
Old May 3, 2015, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Bismillah. Win this one.

Idiots didn't bring Al Amin in this test as well. I guess we are going to see another flat wicket.
Old May 3, 2015, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Ditto...like the squad also - would understand if they replaced Mustafizur due to lack of experience bowling long spells at a time, that said our pacers aren't expected to bowl a whole lot anyway. Not having Al Amin is a loss.
Old May 3, 2015, 02:06 PM
Cricket Guru

From Daily Star -
Quote:
Mushfiqur had hurt his finger during the first Test and it is still unconfirmed whether he will keep in the second. If he plays solely as a batsman, then Liton Kumar will be expected to make his debut. In that case Soumya Sarkar may have to make way for the youngster.

The other issues that the team management will be pondering are with regards to their bowling attack. Whether they will continue with Mohammad Shahid or bring back Shahadat Hossain is an aspect that they may be thinking of. They also might think of giving leg-spinner Jubair Hossain a go.
Old May 3, 2015, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Different story from New Age -
Quote:
Team sources said there can be a change in the starting lineup provided the wicket possesses some grass, as prescribed by the think-tanks. In that case paceman Shahadat Hossain can join Rubel Hossain and Mohammad Shahid at the expense of a batsman.

Leg-spinner Jubair Hossain was expected to play in Khulna after claiming nine wickets in Bangladesh’s previous Test against Zimbabwe, but the team-management had instead opted for Shuvagata Hom, who is mainly a batting all-rounder. A selector on Sunday said Jubair has very little chance to play in the second Test as well, considering his inexperience. The 19-year old prodigious leg-spinner played just 10 first-class matches, something which the selector said may not be good enough to handle batmen as experienced as Pakistanis.
Old May 3, 2015, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Ground staff still have not received which sort of wicket to create, as per Inqilab.
Quote:
টেস্টের জন্য রিজার্ভ থাকা মিরপুর শেরে বাংলা স্টেডিয়ামের ৪ নম্বর উইকেটের বৈশিষ্ট্য নির্ধারণে এখনো টীম ম্যানেজমেন্টের পক্ষ থেকে কোন নির্দেশনা পায়নি গ্রাউন্ডস কমিটি। তবে বাংলাদেশ দলের ব্যাটিং গভীরতা প্রতিপক্ষের চেয়ে কোন অংশে কম নয় বলে মুশফিকুরদের জন্য স্পোর্টিং উইকেট হবে টেস্টের জন্য আদর্শ, তা মনে করছেন গ্র্যাউন্ডস কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান হানিফ ভুঁইয়াÑ ‘পাকিস্তান ৫শ’ করলে আমরাও ৫শ’ করতে পারব। এ বিশ্বাস এখন সবার। যে দলের ব্যাটিং শক্তি এতোটা মজবুত, তাদের ব্যাটিং দেখতে আসবে দর্শক। সুতরাং আমাদের দলের মূলশক্তির কথা মাথায় রেখে উইকেটের বৈশিষ্ট্য নির্ধারণ করতে হলে, স্পোর্টিং উইকেট গুরুত্ব পাবে।’ মিরপুরে সর্বশেষ টেস্টের ফল ৪ দিনে হয়েছে, শ্বাসরুদ্ধকর টেস্টে তাইজুলের ভয়ংকর বোলিংয়ে হেসেছে সেই টেস্টে বাংলাদেশ দল। তবে স্পিন সহায়ক উইকেটের সেই আইডিয়া থেকে বেরুনোর কথাই ভাবছে মাঠকর্মীরা।

হোম সাইড বলে পীচের বৈশিষ্ট্য নির্ধারণে মুশফিকুরদের নির্দেশনা পাচ্ছে গুরুত্ব। টীম ম্যানেজমেন্টের পক্ষ থেকে সেটাই জেনে নিবেন কিউরেটর গামিনি সিলভা। এখনো টীম ম্যানেজমেন্টের পক্ষ থেকে তেমন কোন নির্দেশনা পাননি বলে জানিয়েছেন গ্রাউন্ডস কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান।

এদিকে খুলনা টেস্টে প্রথম ২ দিন উইকেটে বল শ্লো হয়ে আসায় প্রত্যাশিত রান না পাওয়ায় মিরপুর শেরে বাংলা স্টেডিয়ামের পীচকে প্রথম দিন থেকে সহজ ব্যাটিং উপযোগী করে প্রস্তুত করার প্রক্রিয়া চলছে বলে জানিয়েছেন বিসিবি’র ওই পরিচালক। আজ বাংলাদেশ টেস্ট অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম শেরে বাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে এসে পীচের ধরন জানাবেন, এ তথ্য দিয়েছেন সংশ্লিষ্ট সূত্র।
Old May 3, 2015, 02:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Ground staff still have not received which sort of wicket to create, as per Inqilab.
they are waiting for Banglacricket poll result
Old May 3, 2015, 03:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Rubel is useless in this format. Bring in Shahadat in his place.
last Test Shahadat played against Zim last year November, he took 2 wickets in 1st Test & zero wicket in 2nd Test , I don't have much expectation , how about another spinner instead. ?
Old May 3, 2015, 03:30 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

still no talk about dropping rubel from our management..this guy now has the 4th worst bowling avg in the history of test cricket
Old May 3, 2015, 07:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Rajib er naam sj'unlei kemon bhoy kore

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 3, 2015, 07:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

If rubel comes out with a 4fer or 5fer people will come out saying humble pies but look we should surely try other options, rubel certainly has time to improve his FC game he's still young.
Old May 3, 2015, 08:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Triple century - do I dare?