facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 8, 2019, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
In before someone says it's not our business what players do in their personal lives.

Can someone explain why all the BD players getting married at the age of 21-24? Calling these guys professional is an utter embarrassment.

Look at Taskin, this guy could've taken his career to next level, yet he decided to settle down at the age of 22. What a joke.
Pressure from family and relatives.

They can't have girlfriend (socially not accepted)

Old July 8, 2019, 11:45 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
In before someone says it's not our business what players do in their personal lives.

Can someone explain why all the BD players getting married at the age of 21-24? Calling these guys professional is an utter embarrassment.

Look at Taskin, this guy could've taken his career to next level, yet he decided to settle down at the age of 22. What a joke.
do you know what age sachin tendulkar got married? 22

what has marriage anything to do with sports?
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Old July 8, 2019, 12:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Maybe marriage might help Liton become a better batsman.
Old July 8, 2019, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Sex bro, sex. That's the only thing that I can think off. Getting married before even hitting 27-28 at least is not right in my book. But that's just my personal opinion. Each to his own though
Old July 9, 2019, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

pretty strange how people think marriage at a young age is bad, and is one step towards ruining your career.
Old July 9, 2019, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Melt down is getting to you guys if you're getting mad over Liton getting married
Old July 9, 2019, 11:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I don't mind if players miss. Need to build like other teams. I'll drop Tamim, Mahmudullah and Mashrafe, and bring in fresh faces. I want to see new blood in the side. This will be my XI:

Sarker
Mehedi (opener)
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mosaddek
Shabbir
Nurul
Saifuddin
Abu Hider
Rubel
Fizz

other
other
other
other

The four "others" I want to see new players. I don't want to see Tamim, Riyad and Mashrafe ever in the ODI side again. I don't think new players can do any worse than them, if not better.
Old July 9, 2019, 12:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

There is no way Tamim is being dropped since he is Akram Khan's nephew. And Bcb is corrupt.
Mahmudullah won't be dropped either for form unless they are resting him for injury. Bcb wants
to ensure Bangladesh finishes below Afghanistan, Sri lanka India because they are all a puppet
of Icc which stands for Indian cricket council. I agree with Realsports that Tamim,Mash and
Riad should never play odi again since they are not exceeding above standards. This is a great
opportunity for discarded players like Jaharul who performed exceptionally well. How come he isn't considered for national team despite scoring lots of runs and staying fit. I don't understand why team management is in love with Tamim and especially Soumya. What has Soumya done this world cup. Not one single fifty but at least he bowled well. Mashrafe is competely a brainless captain for not giving him more overs. Literally this guy is a Mp prime minister and he thinks he can ruin Bd cricket. Technically I am not a fan of Soumya or Liton but I would persist with them since they will replace the senior players. in the next 10 to 15 years.
Old July 9, 2019, 12:49 PM
Club Cricketer

We really do not have replacement for Tamim currently. He is only 30. He still can serve BD for 6 more years minimum.

Even best of players lose forms once in a while. I expect Tamim to bounce back.

Mashrafe needs to go though. He is finished.
Old July 9, 2019, 12:53 PM
Club Cricketer

They want to bring back Chandika Hathurusingha for what? Steve Rhodes was doing a decent job
as coach. Chandika has a excuse for not selecting domestic players since Soumya,Sabbir are his
favorite cricketers. This coach destroyed players like Nasir,Anamul and Mominul during his
era. Nasir and Anamul were performing well before this guy came in and changed everything.
Despite Soumya and Sabbir flopping in 20 to 30 matches he still gives them hundreds of opportunity and they still don't score. Soumya scores 1 or 2 good innings in 10 to 20 matches. And you call him the next big thing of Bangladesh. To me Nasir was more exciting than him. Nasir scored a century against Pakistan. Around 2015 Nasir contributed decently against India where he in 2 matches he scored 34 and 32 batting at number 8. And he got Virat Kolhi out. Also he is a outstanding fielder.
Old July 9, 2019, 12:58 PM
Club Cricketer

We have a replacement for Tamim who are playing in the domestic circuit. Guys like
Shadman,Jaharul, Shahriar Nafess, Junaid Siddiqui. If you want a new player how about Zakir Hasan
Anamul Naim Sheikh.
Old July 9, 2019, 01:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2
They want to bring back Chandika Hathurusingha for what? Steve Rhodes was doing a decent job
as coach. Chandika has a excuse for not selecting domestic players since Soumya,Sabbir are his
favorite cricketers. This coach destroyed players like Nasir,Anamul and Mominul during his
era. Nasir and Anamul were performing well before this guy came in and changed everything.
Despite Soumya and Sabbir flopping in 20 to 30 matches he still gives them hundreds of opportunity and they still don't score. Soumya scores 1 or 2 good innings in 10 to 20 matches. And you call him the next big thing of Bangladesh. To me Nasir was more exciting than him. Nasir scored a century against Pakistan. Around 2015 Nasir contributed decently against India where he in 2 matches he scored 34 and 32 batting at number 8. And he got Virat Kolhi out. Also he is a outstanding fielder.
I agree with your post completely.

Soumya is the most overrated cricketer in BD history (more overrated than Sabbir). I don't understand his appeal at all. People are all over Tamim with criticisms but they never criticize Sarkar. Sarkar did worse with the bat than Tamim.
Old July 9, 2019, 04:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
pretty strange how people think marriage at a young age is bad, and is one step towards ruining your career.
Especially when Nasir Hossain is the perfect contradiction.
Old July 10, 2019, 01:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Shoe-jon said we should go with strong team, I agree.
Liton er biye pichaya dileo hoy, 5 din
Ryad should be fine, I mean he looked ok against Pak.
Old July 11, 2019, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

My XI:

Tamim
Soumya
Imrul
Mushfiq
Anam/Mithun
Mosaddek
Saifuddin
Miraz
Nazmul Apu (yep, I want him back)
Taskin
Fizz

We need five bowlers in absence of Shakib, and Apu is his best replacement as an SLA.

Imrul was unfairly left out of the team before WC. In Shakib's absence, I don't see a better option at #3.

I am not ruling out Mithun yet, he did enough before WC to be given more chances. At the same time, Anam is a worthy option to consider at middle order given he plays the older ball much better than the new ball.

I know Mash will keep his spot in the XI. I hope Taskin will at least have a place in the squad.
Old July 11, 2019, 04:02 PM
Club Cricketer

You want Imrul at number 3 instead of opening? He clearly stated that he is uncomfortable batting at number 3.
Old July 11, 2019, 04:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Imrul should be in the team. In place of Tamim. But we all know Tamim won't be dropped.
Old July 11, 2019, 04:05 PM
Club Cricketer

I don't understand your point of selecting that naagin dancer Nazmul Opu instead of Nayeem Hasan, Nasir Hossain or Taijul Islam.
Old July 11, 2019, 04:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Clearly Nayeem Hasan would be my pick since he has the height he will probably bowl well. Plus he can bat.
Old July 11, 2019, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Sri Lanka is one of the lower ranked teams and WC just finished, now is the time to re-build properly, something that wasn’t done for the current WC. Need to get some young prospects in against lower quality opposition and also persist with them.
Old July 11, 2019, 06:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Sri Lanka is one of the lower ranked teams and WC just finished, now is the time to re-build properly, something that wasn’t done for the current WC. Need to get some young prospects in against lower quality opposition and also persist with them.
Agree with you, but that should not mean we take 18 years old Nayeem Hasan just for sake of youth when we already have two other offies in Miraz and Mosaddek. Miraz and Mosaddek are fairly young too.

As for persisting, Anam, Mithun, Taskin, Apu all are still in their twenties and are some of the best fringe players we have for the ODI team. I know it's more alluring to just disregard them and take your chance with some unknown factor like Yasir or Afif. But with this attitude, we prolly will discard Yasir/Afif soon too, in favor of some fresh graduate from U/19 team.
Old July 11, 2019, 09:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Agree with you, but that should not mean we take 18 years old Nayeem Hasan just for sake of youth when we already have two other offies in Miraz and Mosaddek. Miraz and Mosaddek are fairly young too.

As for persisting, Anam, Mithun, Taskin, Apu all are still in their twenties and are some of the best fringe players we have for the ODI team. I know it's more alluring to just disregard them and take your chance with some unknown factor like Yasir or Afif. But with this attitude, we prolly will discard Yasir/Afif soon too, in favor of some fresh graduate from U/19 team.

Mosa doesn’t count as a bowler, he’s a batsman who can bowl a bit but can’t rely on 10 overs from him every match like a proper allrounder.

Anam has been tried and tested but he’s in form so maybe, mithun just isn’t suited to one day cricket imo.

The reason for getting youngsters in now is so by the time the next WC comes around they have 4 years of experience and the team as a whole is an experienced unit.

Aside from the seniors tamim, shakib, mushy, mash and riyad this year’s WC squad was very inexperienced by ODI standards, you want your inexperienced players to still have minimum 50+ matches behind them in a WC for the most part, obviously some special exceptions but for he most part is what I’m saying.

Also why take a bowler like nazmul apu when you do have someone like nayeem, there is a clear difference in talent and ceiling level imo and I don’t think nazmul apu has done enough to warrant clear selection ahead of nayeem (they have similar records in list A of course apu has played more).
Old July 11, 2019, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

My x11 will be
Tamim
Sarkar
Yasir
Musfiq
Mithun
Mosaddek
Sabbir
Apu
Ebadat
Taskin
Mustafiz

Rest Sakib, riad , Liton
Extra rubel, saifuddin, Naeem shekh, Naeem Hasan , afridi (Legi)
Mash gone case
Khaled can play practice match to try
We need fresh 4 or 5 players in this series and upcoming t20 tri series
We have to fit and build new players for the 2023
Enough with the 5g... it’s time to change not only the management, players too..
Old July 11, 2019, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Sarkar is a far better bowler then saifuddin...him and mosa can bowl 5 ov each and Sabbir somehow 3 to 4 ov...
This team will be good enough to beat srilanka... if haturi goes home, more advantage for BD.
Old July 12, 2019, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
Sarkar is a far better bowler then saifuddin...him and mosa can bowl 5 ov each and Sabbir somehow 3 to 4 ov...
This team will be good enough to beat srilanka... if haturi goes home, more advantage for BD.
Correction , Sarkar is a far better bowler than current Mashrafe. And Saifuddin is the second highest wicket taker in the team with bowling average of 32 and he can bat as well