facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old May 2, 2010, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
you dont call hitting an unnecessary shot straight 2 the fielder throwing away your wicket? I'm not trying 2 pick on you bro but you have 2 fault shakib here..I mean dont get me wrong, Im a big fan of shakib and I really give him credit 4 doing so well with the bat and ball, add to that, his captaincy..but under the circumstances he really played a poor shot when the team needed him 2 stay..even if you ask him he will probably say that him being tired is not an excuse 4 that shot..shakibs a tough kid and has been through a lot more..no matter what you say he didnt play the smartest shot there..
I see nothing wrong in the way that Sakib got out, except that in the previous scene I saw him being 'tired' and the shot looked like he was frustrated. Perhaps if I hadn't seen the previous scene when he was tired, I wouldn't have any problem in the end. This is T20.

However, even though I'm thankful to Ashraful for playing a long innings, some of his shot selection was absolutely ridiculous. The way he got out, that shot he could have easily played down to fine leg without trying to do the trick shot that he was trying to do. Trick shots are never controllable. And for a batsman of his caliber, these trick shots are simply unnecessary. The sixes he had hit over the covers were simply amazing. And I just can't believe that it's the same batsman who got out on that poor shot. The keeper didn't even have to move - Ashraful gave it to him.

At that point the match was already over. Both Sakib and Ashraful should have known that. They probably did. And they needed accelerate. So I guess, end of the day, it's all about the situation. It was an enjoyable game, which wasn't one sided. That's the only takeaway.

Old May 2, 2010, 02:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Shakib had to go for it, You can't blame him for going for it. Our bowlers left our batsman's too much to do.
Old May 2, 2010, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Aamer just took a 5 wicket maiden in the last over of a T20 match. That kid is something special...
Old May 2, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Aamer just took a 5 wicket maiden in the last over of a T20 match. That kid is special...
not really 3 wkts maiden, t2 runouts. But if ICC made a new law recently that the run out from wicket keeper from same bowler count wicket for bowler then I'll count he hauled five wickcets, but couldn't verify through cricinfo page..
Old May 2, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
not really 3 wkts maiden, t2 runouts. But if ICC made a new law recently that the run out from wicket keeper from same bowler count wicket for bowler then I'll count he hauled five wickcets, but couldn't verify through cricinfo page..
Sure... If you want to be scientific about it. But the commentators (both on tv and on cricinfo) called it a five-wicket maiden so I'm fine with calling it that...
Old May 2, 2010, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Sure... If you want to be scientific about it. But the commentators (both on tv and on cricinfo) called it a five-wicket maiden so I'm fine with calling it that...
it is alright, that was my point too.. that over was 5 wickets maiden which consists of 2 runouts and 3 wickets for Aamir.But your previous post emphasized more on like Aamir hauled 5 wickets with an maiden over, which was not the fact.
Old May 4, 2010, 08:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
this will be the 1st match winning thread this year.
ohhh, just missed ........
Old May 4, 2010, 09:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
ohhh, just missed ........