facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 9, 2018, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Songs from the Soundtrack of the Greatest Showman. 2 are good for doing cardio exercises

Old November 19, 2018, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
wooops ma bad, i dunno how to post videos on dis ting...
jus go dis site yeh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmD7_3nmOJQ
This was the first youtube video posted on this page.

A legacy of an era. How was pre-youtube life? Link to unknown servers with downloadable/corrupt mp3s? I was a huge user of Grokster.
Old November 20, 2018, 02:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
This was the first youtube video posted on this page.

A legacy of an era. How was pre-youtube life? Link to unknown servers with downloadable/corrupt mp3s? I was a huge user of Grokster.
Remember Napster?
That was the best..

Anyways, I am glad they made a movie about Freddie Mercury. They don't make groups like Queen Zepplin Stones or Pink Floyd anymore. Music is the only thing that deteriorated with time (according to me). Or may be I am just old now and the new age techno, house blah blah is not my thing.

Take away my pain - Dream Theater (my favorite from School days)
Old November 30, 2018, 03:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Panic at the Disco- High Hopes.
Old December 19, 2018, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

A very beautiful nasheed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUEsfmEguY
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old December 19, 2018, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Nothing beats "stairway to heaven" - Zepplin
Old December 24, 2018, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Bangladeshi Youtubers from UK. Bilal is Sylheti and Mima is Dhakaiya

Catchy tune.. covers some legendary folk songs.
Old December 24, 2018, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Old December 24, 2018, 08:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

No offense but why are UK Bengalis so khet?

Tumi amar balo basha lol.

And the guy @ 20 sec in the 2nd video is acting all cool and **** next to a chaler bosta? Like wtf...
Old December 24, 2018, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

And the guy @ 20 sec in the 2nd video is acting all cool and **** next to a chaler bosta? Like wtf...
Sylhetis in Bangladesh are like Scouser in England (I love liverpool btw). Their language is a bit varied than pure Bengali.
Old December 24, 2018, 11:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

UK Bengalis is the wrong term. You mean Sylethi Brits.

A good portion of these Sylethis are offsprings from people who weren’t very educated in Bangladesh some even illiterate . A lot were brought up in low income areas in UK too. So probably some khetness comes from such elements.

And let’s be real, as if many media personalities in Bangladesh are very smart?
Old December 25, 2018, 01:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

A good portion of these Sylethis are offsprings from people who weren’t very educated in Bangladesh some even illiterate . A lot were brought up in low income areas in UK too. So probably some khetness comes from such elements.

I have generalized and apologize if anyone got offended.

But I sometimes come across such UK Bengali music videos and almost all of them are cringeworthy. Yes, BD media personalities aren’t all that sophisticated but cmon no one would rap next to a chaler bosta. And can at least say bhalo basha right.

Mainstream bd bands such as Warfaze, Miles, LRB and then later on Black, Artcell were quiet sophisticated and had swag in their prime.
Old December 25, 2018, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Sylhetis in Bangladesh are like Scouser in England (I love liverpool btw). Their language is a bit varied than pure Bengali.
True.

We have this guy at work from Dhaka, once spoke Bengali with him. I understood nearly 70-80% of his Bengali. When I started to speak Sylheti (since I don't know how to speak the proper bangla), I felt like he was lost. I think from my observation, he understood like 30-40% of what I said.
Old December 25, 2018, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I have generalized and apologize if anyone got offended.

But I sometimes come across such UK Bengali music videos and almost all of them are cringeworthy. Yes, BD media personalities aren’t all that sophisticated but cmon no one would rap next to a chaler bosta. And can at least say bhalo basha right.

Mainstream bd bands such as Warfaze, Miles, LRB and then later on Black, Artcell were quiet sophisticated and had swag in their prime.
Sylethis have an accent and that’s how they speak so Balo Basha is what they would know to say. Tbh their videos are catered for their target audience in the UK.

Yes the BD bands were really relevant for their time. The music they made actually were good.
Old December 26, 2018, 02:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

^oh I see.

if any of you are into Electronica, follow Jai Wolf. I have been listening to him for few years but only found that he is Bangladeshi based out of NYC. Couple of his tracks has broke into EDM Top 10 charts and he also worked with Skrillex.

2 of his well known tracks are Indian Summer and Starlight ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbGZDEFHBmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9VoDwy-3Lc

---------

much better than UK chaler bosta hip hop...
Old December 26, 2018, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

^i think it's unfair to compare the UK video to that of main stream bangla band videos. Former is an amateur with zero budget but some passion it seems. I think he shot the video with a gopro and probably at his dad's store.

Where as mainstream bangla band or most bands spend money on professional cinematography .

He is getting a lot of views, good for him. Also many listeners may relate - ie shopping in Bangla supermarket and listening to their tunes.. who knows. I don't think education has anything to do with this - growing up in UK they have access to everything u have.

I personally do not like it nor can relate.
Old December 29, 2018, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:

i think its tongue in cheek bro.
Old December 31, 2018, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
And Chatgaiya and Noakhailla, even Dhakaiya dialect is pure Bangla?

Oo love that though as a LFC fan myself. But SYLHETI language is bigger than both noKaili chatgaiya, we have Sylhetis in India too.
Old December 31, 2018, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
^i think it's unfair to compare the UK video to that of main stream bangla band videos. Former is an amateur with zero budget but some passion it seems. I think he shot the video with a gopro and probably at his dad's store.

Where as mainstream bangla band or most bands spend money on professional cinematography .

He is getting a lot of views, good for him. Also many listeners may relate - ie shopping in Bangla supermarket and listening to their tunes.. who knows. I don't think education has anything to do with this - growing up in UK they have access to everything u have.

I personally do not like it nor can relate.
How seniable you are. Good to see not all Bangalis have inferiority complex like Mufi.

The shop is called Bangla town, one of the biggest Bangla supermArket established by Sylhetis of cause like every thing in UK all old things from Brit Bangladsshis, we have park named after a SYLHETI, we build tons of Masjids, Bazars, markets and what not all because of us Sylhetis even out street name in bangla ..

Anyway going back to video. They are messing about in the shop it's a fun video..
Going by the comments, read many tcomments from non-bdeshis, even indian punjabis, Pakistanis are liking as it's a nice catchy tune video is messing about having fun. But the typic needs to point out stuffs without context.. Shows who's educated, wise and ha a bad IQ.. Or some are gen trolls, have a bias against some.

They bring up old stereotypes FFS SYLETIS born in UK, grew up in UK don't give a flying F... What the first generation were or not. What's the current status of literacy? First gen having decided to be with East Pak then having to adopt bangla and lots of new changes many didn't have the means to maybe go schools, old story old news blah blah. I'm sick and fed up with some bangalis bringing this up about Sylhetis being uneducated in Desh (the older gens) like as if them having amazing uni degrees in BD will help us in UK.

My question to the stereotype loving Bengalis out there. What's it got to do with the Sylhetis in UK that born, grew up in UK if their parents or older gens were not as educated in BD?
What exactly would that do to our lives living in the UK as BRITISH citizens?
Old December 31, 2018, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

So Sylhetis are not Bengalis?

Well.. Let me tell you something interesting. It's quite long..

Back in the days..
There were chat sites which were popular in UK 2005-2010 in particular and on 02 network they had a chat site which was so popular then. I always had O2 network and once accidently (at 17) I entered the chat option as I had got free MBS and was bored and man.. There were like 100s of UK desis on it and at times hit thousand of users. There were, many fit girls, some real pretty pakistani pathanis, sikh girls and Sylhetis, from all over fUK. My first experience online chatting Init..

But..

There were Many trolls too and they used to used to hate bangalis and stereotype Bengalis (like how Sylhetis get stereotyped being uneducated by Non Sylhetis from BD and what not, like how Muslims get stereotyped by haters for one bad Muslims bad actions).

And the Bengali stereotypes coming from mostly pakistnis are being; Fish machi loving 'short and dark'. It more like racism mostly were from PKistNis mostly from midlands and north of England especially whenever if a 'BENGALI' or let's just say BDESHI boy used to chat to Pak girl and pulled one and some of them used to get jealous when your boy was pulling them kudiyans.. There were cyber wars between us and them time to time and I had to defend the 'Bengalis' (that's what they know us as), as I disagree with their stereotypes, which weren't just stereotyping Bengalis but very racist and not all BengLis are same. They have LOW IQ lowest in South Asia what can one expect from them.

So basically I have defended and stuck up for Bengalis so many times, for the reasons above and it's not nice to be stereotyped.. But only to find out now that am not even a BENGALI!!

Haire hai..
Old December 31, 2018, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sylethis have an accent and that’s how they speak so Balo Basha is what they would know to say. Tbh their videos are catered for their target audience in the UK.

Yes the BD bands were really relevant for their time. The music they made actually were good.
The singer is a called Nish, he is an upcoming Brit Bdeshi artist, he sings in other linguages too. He works with Mumzy stranger who is a singer producer who has worked with some of the biggest desi artist and producers in UK, the team Jay Sean came out from.

Their target audiences not only from UK, most Sylhetis outside London probably don't listen to Any Bangla songs or Asians maybe some bolly. Their target audiences are Sylhetis in UK, In BANGLADESH, in India. Go read the comment section many Sylhetis from India like it too. They also sing punjabi Hindi songs, as the punjabi market is big in UK, Mumzy is versatile sings in Arabic too. I see nothing wrong with that, music and sport has no boundaries..

Btw in the first video I posted. I've seen 'Bengalis' commenting too. One wrote, two weeks ago, her SYLHETI friend gave her the link she's been listening to it for hours, Sylhetis killing it! (Obviously we will we are the majority 95-97% of the 700k in UK)
Old December 31, 2018, 09:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25

Back in the days..
There were chat sites which were popular in UK 2005-2010 in particular and on 02 network they had a chat site which was so popular then. I always had O2 network and once accidently (at 17) I entered the chat option as I had got free MBS and was bored and man.. There were like 100s of UK desis on it and at times hit thousand of users. There were, many fit girls, some real pretty pakistani pathanis, sikh girls and Sylhetis, from all over fUK. My first experience online chatting Init..

But..

There were Many trolls too and they used to used to hate bangalis and stereotype Bengalis (like how Sylhetis get stereotyped being uneducated by Non Sylhetis from BD and what not, like how Muslims get stereotyped by haters for one bad Muslims bad actions).

And the Bengali stereotypes coming from mostly pakistnis are being; Fish machi loving 'short and dark'. It more like racism mostly were from PKistNis mostly from midlands and north of England especially whenever if a 'BENGALI' or let's just say BDESHI boy used to chat to Pak girl and pulled one and some of them used to get jealous when your boy was pulling them kudiyans.. There were cyber wars between us and them time to time and I had to defend the 'Bengalis' (that's what they know us as), as I disagree with their stereotypes, which weren't just stereotyping Bengalis but very racist and not all BengLis are same. They have LOW IQ lowest in South Asia what can one expect from them.

So basically I have defended and stuck up for Bengalis so many times, for the reasons above and it's not nice to be stereotyped.. But only to find out now that am not even a BENGALI!!

Haire hai..
First time I felt Bangladeshis have different types was when I came to the UK. Almost all of my friends have had same racial anecdotes to share. Yes I agree not nice being stereotyped especially by your own kind but that’s how Sylethis in the UK treat non Sylethis in a different way. And because they follow such tribal pride I class them according to their classification.

Most of the Sylethis who I met are first gen are not literate or perhaps class 10 pass.

It would be nice to consider all of us Bangladeshi in the UK in true terms but in reality it is the opposite.
Old December 31, 2018, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Mas_UK you are a true Bangali and a Bangladeshi.

I have no idea what Adamnsu is talking about. the guy lost it. I had/have multiple sylheti friends from junior and high school and they are wonderful and as Bangali as anyone can get.

yes there are some confused sylhetis, deshis in the western countreis - who act in certain way to fit in. I find some of these sylheti posts (which are not in jest) very demeaning and inappropriate.
Old December 31, 2018, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
The singer is a called Nish, he is an upcoming Brit Bdeshi artist, he sings in other linguages too. He works with Mumzy stranger who is a singer producer who has worked with some of the biggest desi artist and producers in UK, the team Jay Sean came out from.

Their target audiences not only from UK, most Sylhetis outside London probably don't listen to Any Bangla songs or Asians maybe some bolly. Their target audiences are Sylhetis in UK, In BANGLADESH, in India. Go read the comment section many Sylhetis from India like it too. They also sing punjabi Hindi songs, as the punjabi market is big in UK, Mumzy is versatile sings in Arabic too. I see nothing wrong with that, music and sport has no boundaries..

Btw in the first video I posted. I've seen 'Bengalis' commenting too. One wrote, two weeks ago, her SYLHETI friend gave her the link she's been listening to it for hours, Sylhetis killing it! (Obviously we will we are the majority 95-97% of the 700k in UK)
I met Mumzy Stranger at a wedding of someone I know. Among the desi UK scene he has a name. But tbh he dresses up quite ghetto. Nish has a nice Bengali/Punjabi song. These songs sometime crop up on my YouTube suggestions.

In general Bangladeshis are more attracted to Bollywood music which they probably listen for hours.
Old December 31, 2018, 09:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:

Back in the days..

But..

Haire hai..
thanks for defending us in that cyber chat. you are a real bangali. we need more cyber warriors like you.

we salute you