facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 12, 2018, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

added to master card last week. Credit card companies will be my long term play.. Will be adding more and more every chance i get.

new position. Bought some Under Armour today. I just can't stay on sideline.. I get this itch to trade all the time...

Will be adding more .. I have no work mon and tuesday - so these 2 days can't sit idle.

Looking to see what else I can buy.. may update.

Old February 12, 2018, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Testing...

don't know what hpapened.. just posted.. didn't come up..

basically wrote..

added more of Mastercard.. opened position on Under armour (already hold NIKE - which is better).

can't stay out ... always itching to trade.. it's a disease.

If i didn't have a family, i am pretty sure 90% of my income would go to the market.
Old February 12, 2018, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
added to master card last week. Credit card companies will be my long term play.. Will be adding more and more every chance i get.

new position. Bought some Under Armour today. I just can't stay on sideline.. I get this itch to trade all the time...

Will be adding more .. I have no work mon and tuesday - so these 2 days can't sit idle.

Looking to see what else I can buy.. may update.
Just out of curiosity can you explain why you chose under armour?
Like how are you thinking? Your logic behind buying that stock?

YE 15 - 80.61
YE 16 - 29.05
YE 17 - 14.43

What’s your expectation? Are you buying because you think it’s undervalued?
Old February 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Just out of curiosity can you explain why you chose under armour?
Like how are you thinking? Your logic behind buying that stock?

YE 15 - 80.61
YE 16 - 29.05
YE 17 - 14.43

What’s your expectation? Are you buying because you think it’s undervalued?
what are those? prices?

The prices were that high for UA because it had explosive growth. The current state is due to lackluster north american sales. They are spending a lot of money on key endorsements but not yeilding to sales.

there has been sneakers fashion trend - sport/leisure wear....but in Sneakers sales over the last few years - adidas gained in north america (hence their price went up some 100%). Nike always dominates (i have this position for years now, cream of the crop )... Under armour lacked.

In P/E ratio UA is still not undervalued compared to its peers but a case can be made if it had any growth.

Now why did I buy it? they are earning tomorrow and if it reportsor even a slight positive result for north america, the stock should start taking off. But if it reports similar to previous quarters of lackluster sales.. then I don't think the downside would be much.. maybe to 10 dollars.

------------------------

there is another way of doing this: which is quick trade. usually prior to earnings if you follow charts there will be entry and exit points.... From my entry i am already up 2.5%. I can just realize the gain and move on...
Old February 12, 2018, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

since this is supposed to be learning..

another reason UA can be a good trade today is because of its short interest. 11% of its floating stocks are in short position. This creates significant upward momentum pre earning as there are some covering.. and then a post earning (if positive) will have significant squeeze.

But the stock is still not undervalued given current data and most analyst has sell ratings on it. It has PE ratio of close to 40 over Nike's 28. But nike is a matured company, UA is in its infancy the right PEG ratio (g for growth) can have the price justified. unfortunately that is where its lagging now - growth.

So lesson.. 80 dollars stocks at 12 dollars in 2 years do not make it undervalued if the underlying problem is still there. The company simply couln't sustain its astronomical growth of intial stage.
Old February 12, 2018, 01:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Accha bolu tow...Duniya-te taka paisa dhon dawlat kothai rekhey jabo? Sobai bole Kobor-e niye jawa jabe na...
Is that total bullshit?

Hello mahmud da, zooshoo bhai, Egyptian Pharaohs, noble men and Chinese Ming Dynasty emperors used to place all kinds of goodies, gems, ceramic vases, fine silk, even food in the mausoleum, graves, funerary chambers, burial chambers, tombs etc. Taholey amrao ki tai korbo? Can/should I then, ask my wife to place all my comic books, CDs, speakers, bong, coins, government bonds, Banani Republic + Gap undies, a few bottles of water and some cash inside my kobor?
Old February 12, 2018, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
.. From my entry i am already up 2.5%. I can just realize the gain and move on...
@5.3% gain now... it is reasonalbe to close this position from a day trade Pov specially when things are so uncertain.
Old February 12, 2018, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Accha bolu tow...Duniya-te taka paisa dhon dawlat kothai rekhey jabo? Sobai bole Kobor-e niye jawa jabe na...
Is that total bullshit?

Hello mahmud da, zooshoo bhai, Egyptian Pharaohs, noble men and Chinese Ming Dynasty emperors used to place all kinds of goodies, gems, ceramic vases, fine silk, even food in the mausoleum, graves, funerary chambers, burial chambers, tombs etc. Taholey amrao ki tai korbo? Can/should I then, ask my wife to place all my comic books, CDs, speakers, bong, coins, government bonds, Banani Republic + Gap undies, a few bottles of water and some cash inside my kobor?
money money money maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaneyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

bolo bk...bolo ek sathe chitkar kore uthun dada.. money money money maaaaaaaaaaaaaaneeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Old February 13, 2018, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Great call @Idumb on Under Armour Inc.

I thought the stock valuation might have been undervalued.
I had a look at the Company’s accounts yesterday.

YE- 14 (1350.3m)
YE- 15 (1668.22m)
YE- 16 (2030.9m)

Figures relate to net asset.
The Company grew every year! But this hasn’t been reflected in the market.
That was a brilliant call.
Old February 13, 2018, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

First hour is always fun watching the shorts cover. It's a shame it's a downday market, otherwise pricemoments can be even more favorable.

and tha's how u make 700 dollars in a day

I think 5 years down the road , UA will be in a better position. It has brand recognition. that's the most important thing in apparel. I think their CEO could be better in some decision making.

For exdample, fighting with nike over some of their previous players for endorsement is not a good strategy in my opinion. Just a waste of money. It's the new player , that will be the face of UA, that's gonna add to its value. Also too much weight in north america.. need international exposure.. ie some soccer star endorsement etc etc. Nike is the case study in this space.
Old February 13, 2018, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

It seems like twitter reallly took off last 6 months. I think a lot of it has to do with trump effect? The stock has been suppressed for a long time now and finally broke free with just slight sniff of profit. Good stuff. And good job for anyone who was able to see this coming. this is a classic resurrection of a "hot stock/company".

even after doubling over last 6 months.. at valuation of just undere 25b, still feels undervalued for a tech 'giant' tbh.
Old February 13, 2018, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It seems like twitter reallly took off last 6 months. I think a lot of it has to do with trump effect? The stock has been suppressed for a long time now and finally broke free with just slight sniff of profit. Good stuff. And good job for anyone who was able to see this coming. this is a classic resurrection of a "hot stock/company".

even after doubling over last 6 months.. at valuation of just undere 25b, still feels undervalued for a tech 'giant' tbh.
I make good calls, and I trust my judgment and knowledge.
But I don't have the risk taking ability like you.

Made calls on Twitter, Snap, Facebook, all solid stocks.

Your choice of under armour was brilliant, that's why I was curious to know.
I did report on that company for the past 2 years, and was always amazed at their balance sheet. Perhaps like you said, a good stock for long term, I believe that.

My fear is when I put money in the market, I will over analyse things, become too biased.
Plus the thought of losing money scares me.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

SportingBD, though I don't like you as you are shamim but take this as a general good advice. Do not be afraid to lose money.

It's ok to lose money the first time, first few times. Eventually you will come out ahead. If it is guranteed to make moeny the moment u put money in it - everybody would be stock market baller. You have to separate yourself from the rest.

Did you watch the jeff bezos video I posted in side hustle?? watch it...you can't be afraid to fail.

having said that - I don't know y u brining up snap. your call was off. Getting the stock right isn't enough, u have to get the entry point right too..

you still need some time.. but put ur money in, you will learn FAST. and you are missing out on one of the greatest form of wealth creation...

It's 100s dollars loss gain today.. a decade later it will be 10ks and subsequently it wioll be 100ks loss gain...
Old February 13, 2018, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
SportingBD, though I don't like you as you are shamim but take this as a general good advice. Do not be afraid to lose money.

It's ok to lose money the first time, first few times. Eventually you will come out ahead. If it is guranteed to make moeny the moment u put money in it - everybody would be stock market baller. You have to separate yourself from the rest.

Did you watch the jeff bezos video I posted in side hustle?? watch it...you can't be afraid to fail.

having said that - I don't know y u brining up snap. your call was off. Getting the stock right isn't enough, u have to get the entry point right too..

you still need some time.. but put ur money in, you will learn FAST. and you are missing out on one of the easier form of wealth creation...

It's 100s dollars loss gain today.. a decade later it will be 10ks and subsequently it wioll be 100ks loss gain...
My entry point on snap was when it was 12-14, that's when I made the call, we had some arguments here, when you said Snap is dead (and I thought you were right), should trust myself (don't take it in a bad way). You also said twitter is dead, has no future, and we also argued.. and I said it has a good future. Give time.

But anyways, don't want another argument with whose right or whose wrong. Lets see what future holds for me IA.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I am still at loss for 2018. Do you see me sitting in the corner?? I was almost contemplating moving to cash.. What I can gurantee you that 10 years from today my market asset will be much much higher than it is today... without a doubt. But may not be end of this year or next.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
My entry point on snap was when it was 12-14, that's when I made the call, we had some arguments here, when you said Snap is dead (and I thought you were right), should trust myself (don't take it in a bad way). You also said twitter is dead, has no future, and we also argued.. and I said it has a good future. Give time.
Go re read the posts again. Please. I know waht I was talking about.. I said sanp was a good buy around 10 and it can potentially give your 300% gain from there. It was NOT an 80 dollars stock. And I laid out to you what ppl will be looking for. An evalaution of a company changes with time with new data.. it's not u call it and it's done. I know exxactly when u spoke about snap and the subsequent fall.. so please don't argue now.. because it was with me u were arguing. And I was right then and am right still.... and will be more than u in near future unless u miraculously get better.

Don't kid urself.

you shorted twitter on your game portfolio (- i was going tsk tsk when i saw that intially and down some 40% in 2 weeks) and now u are telling me u called on twitter. It doesn't work that way.

But u shouol still put money otherwise it's ur future loss. Not mine.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

FYI, snap price movements post earnigns had lot to do with short squeeze than anything else. You still have time to buy snap if it's going to 80 anytime soon. Good luck.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Snap Inc stock behaving similar to FB when it first started - lot of uncertainty. Hmm
Quote:
Stock might be behaving like FB but the company is not. I like snap chat story but I don't think it can withstand FB's onslaught with instagram tweaks.

I would say snapchat is more like twitter than FB. But I think unlike twitter, snap will be great in generating revenues and other innovations. However I just don't see it's growth in the current market.

FB stock was a gift for us with the initial ipo glitches....

Have always been bullish on FB.. the only social media stock anyone in market should own.
Quote:
Don't know man. FB had more uncertainty in comparison to Snap when it first started. Now look where FB is at. Can't see Snap reaching FB's level, but maybe a potential $80-90 stock? Twitter needs good board of directors - the current ones don't seem to know what users want or the gap in the market.
Quote:
started when @ ipo? or the when company started? The uncertainty were in the minds of ppl not in the company. For some of us FB was to dominate market share in this space long before its ipo.... i have written numerous posts on FB on this site....saying this.

I highly doubt that. But you should buy the stock if you think that will be the case. For me I will be a buyer if it falls in the low 10 dollars vicinity unless it shows tremendous growth (which is unlikely) and not a DECREASE in growth quarter over quarter like seen last time...

The difference from an investor pov you have to understand is SNAP is already expert at monetizing its user base - so number of users matter. When facebook ipoed.... it had all the growth and numbers in users but stock price was suppressed because mobile user growth was going astronomical but how they would monetize/advertise in mobile platform was not clear.

Big distinction.

The best way I feel to evaluate SNAP is to ask yourself : Will this company reach a billion user? or 500 million active daily user - if YES... BUY THE STOCK. I highly doubt they will achiever that growth. I think it will be stagnant.
Quote:
Yeah IPO - first 12 months was a disaster. Some good points made above. Was thinking also, if FB see's Snap is growing - they may consider buying them out?
Quote:
NO NO NO!!

please keep me quoted. It will NOT happen.

Having said that if snap falls to low 10s, it is a very good buy imo... and you will probably end up doubling or perhaps tripling your money from there..... I like the guys that run the company but reality is its a crowded space to gain market share and fb has the upper hand...
Quote:
what did I tell you? you thought 80 dollars stock... FB like... LOL

I think you still have poor understanding of market in general and will lose money more often than not...

I think snap is a good buy at or below 10.

Again if you want to buy a social media company - buy Facebook.

Finally, I don't like you.
Quote:
SNAP behaved like I have written from ipo... recovered from low 10.

I have never been so glad being part of the market. I still have a lot of regrets that I don't have MORE money in the market and not owned some of my favorite stocks.

Key to success i think:
- Don't get married... dont have children
- stay home (or live in a very cheap neighborhood - easy when u are single)
... work double while young and pour all money in the market, housing and brain storm to fund your next business venture.

You CAN NOT FAIL if you do this for a decade.
This was our conversation. I still think its a 80+ dollar stock

No more arguments. We argued about twitter, and here we are, twitter doing well.
Most of my calls have always been long term, give snap time.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Go re read the posts again. Please. I know waht I was talking about.. I said sanp was a good buy around 10 and it can potentially give your 300% gain from there. It was NOT an 80 dollars stock. And I laid out to you what ppl will be looking for. An evalaution of a company changes with time with new data.. it's not u call it and it's done. I know exxactly when u spoke about snap and the subsequent fall.. so please don't argue now.. because it was with me u were arguing. And I was right then and am right still.... and will be more than u in near future unless u miraculously get better.

Don't kid urself.

you shorted twitter on your game portfolio (- i was going tsk tsk when i saw that intially and down some 40% in 2 weeks) and now u are telling me u called on twitter. It doesn't work that way.

But u shouol still put money otherwise it's ur future loss. Not mine.
Lol. The truth of the matter is that game is flawed.

I shorted twitter at $25.02, than it went around 24.. wanted to sell.. but the game had short reserve.. and when all the stocks were down due to the market... didn't have any money in the account...some limitation in that game.. but something like on plus500 its easy, would easily sold it.. and bought. that's the truth.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
T

We argued about twitter, and here we are, twitter doing well.
I don't remember we aruging agbout twitter. I have always written out of all social stocks, personally i would buy FB nothing else. You SHORtED twitter on your game portoflio and you are arguhyinhg with me you were right.. ARe YOU DELUSIONAL. ???

You didn't have the forsight to cover your short when it started reversing with higher volume.. in a crashing market?? You have no clue what you are doing.

Good you pasted it and read where i wrote it's an esxcellent buy around 10 and u can double or triple it. u were having that discussion with me when snap was somehwere in the 15 to 18 region cuz i remember vividly it crasshing down subsequently to guess what low 10s.

Anways, I get headache reasoning with u. It's that Mullah logic i think that gets me.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
that's the truth.
ok you are a winner. Happy? and i am a loser. Now can you stop replying to me. Thanks.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I don't remember we aruging agbout twitter. I have always written out of all social stocks, personally i would buy FB nothing else. You SHORtED twitter on your game portoflio and you are arguhyinhg with me you were right.. ARe YOU DELUSIONAL. ???

You didn't have the forsight to cover your short when it started reversing with higher volume.. in a crashing market?? You have no clue what you are doing.

Good you pasted it and read where i wrote it's an esxcellent buy around 10 and u can double or triple it. u were having that discussion with me when snap was somehwere in the 15 to 18 region cuz i remember vividly it crasshing down subsequently to guess what low 10s.

Anways, I get headache reasoning with u. It's that Mullah logic i think that gets me.
I know you get irritated when people say you made a bad call. So you are right.

People can easily read the post here, when I said twitter is a good buy around 13-14.

Don't want another argument. So you are right.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I know you get irritated when people say you made a bad call. So you are right.
t.

because i didn't make a bad call on snap. I made the right call. You went back and posted what I had written. Just read them. It's RIGHT THERE. Mullah "logic" can't escape you can't it??? Some delusional sh**. No wonder why you scard to put money in market.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
because i didn't make a bad call on snap. I made the right call. You went back and posted what I had written. Just read them. It's RIGHT THERE. Mullah "logic" can't escape you can't it??? Some delusional sh**. No wonder why you scard to put money in market.
Why do you get so annoyed when people say you made bad calls? seriously?

Did you not say twitter is a dead stock? yes or no? and don't lie.
Old February 13, 2018, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

I do not remember but I said it had stagnant growth and they had difficulty monetizing all true. And I said I would buy facebook over that... also true... for over last decade. U are randomly arguying with me over one stock that just started reversing with showing profit after so long. I would not short a stock that started reversing after it shows profit!! I am not dumb money bro. It's not game. There are real thoughts behind every execution.

I can gurantee you i will make money... i am not gonna get all calls right but i will get just enough to make money. I am confident of that.

So you can stop wasting time on the net trying to prove u right or me wrong and start being smart and start investing. your choice.