facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 30, 2008, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Roddick wins Roddick wins Roddick wins.

Old August 30, 2008, 01:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Roddick wins Roddick wins Roddick wins.
He won the US open?

Or you can see the future?

Wish him best of luck in the coming 4 wins.
Old August 30, 2008, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

I was certain he would lose last night. He started off really bad. According to him when the clock struck 12, he matured and started playing good tennis.
Aug 30 was both the players birthday.
Old September 2, 2008, 08:39 AM
Cricket Savant

So Nadal survives!! Roddick passes through. Murray dominates, Del Porto hmm will be hard to handle for anyone. Monfil slips and Fish moves on. Good round overall.
Old September 2, 2008, 04:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Novak Survives in 5 Sets, Federer Down 1 Set
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old September 2, 2008, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Federer in cruise control mode now....Really want him to win this title....With all due respect to Muller and what he has done in this tourney, I cant really see Federer having any trouble reaching the Semis....Looking forward to Roddick v Gonzalez tonite....Lets go Roddick!...I used to like Gonzalez but have started to dislike him since that incident v Blake in the Olympics...
Old September 2, 2008, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Federer wins after a 5 set thriller. Amazing match. Djokovich wins in 5 sets as well.
Roddick wins 6-2 6-3 6-1. Roddick will face Djokovich in the quarters.
Williams sister facing each other tomorow.
Old September 3, 2008, 09:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Devydenko is a disgrace. May be an investigation needs to be done on him. I hate to admit but Muller stands no chance. Roddick-Djo should be a cracking Quarters. Del Porto - Murray another.
Old September 3, 2008, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Devydenko is a disgrace. May be an investigation needs to be done on him. I hate to admit but Muller stands no chance. Roddick-Djo should be a cracking Quarters. Del Porto - Murray another.
What did he do?
Old September 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Roddick getting crushed. I guess this is the end of his nice little run. He is 2 sets down and serving ****.
Old September 4, 2008, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

****ing dumbass.....he had the fourth set but made the dumbest mistake.. and in the end lost. He could have won this in 5 but ****ed it up.
Old September 5, 2008, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Cant believe how Roddick just gifted the 4th set and the match away with those two double faults when he was serving for it! ... Anyways...Federer vs Djokovic then....Im rooting for Fedex...Come on!....Another potential Fed v Rafa block-buster coming up!...On the womens its Serina's title for the taking....I like Safina but cant see her go past Williams...
Old September 5, 2008, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The notion of me supporting the Americans only is wrong. Loser Lendle was my guy. Still remember how Pat Cash ruined my lust for Tennis. Yup Not Conners or Mac. BBorg, Wilander, Edberg, Becker - I would support them all the time. I only came to realise Sampras was the best after watching him closely. His calmness, soft nature made me a convert. Not becuase he was an American. Same with Golf; Would have cursed other players just so that an old Shark (Aussie) can win a major on American soil. He was the reason I started to follow golf. Then came Duval and Tiger. My dislike for Phil (so called White Americans golfing hero) is well documented. My liking or disliking depends on individuals not on their nationality or color.

Fluke!! lol, Yes the old horse (Roddick - 26 years of age, younger than Federer) is all washed up!! Yet this year he had beaten Nadal (1), FedEx(2), Joker(3) top three. Were those fluke also? My my Roddick is the fluke master. Roddick hasn't fullfilled his promise. He was No. 1 junior in U.S. in 1999-2000 and as No. 1 junior in world in 2000…A winner of six world junior singles and seven doubles titles, won the US Open and Australian Open junior singles titles in 2000. So Even though you may see him as a fluke I patiently wait and hope he starts fulfilling the promise he has. No one with fluke tennis game can go to four grand slam finals. Agree or disagree?

For all the past greats (excluding Fedex), losing 15-20 games in a season wasn't uncommon. He did win 40 games each year since 2001 (even with injury). Why put the sword on Andy only? May be you have not followed the game long enough or don't like sports history. Andy is no fluke. Just didn't fulfill the promise he had.
Looks like Roddick lost yet again in a slam, before reaching the semis. This has been the pattern for about 2 years now. And I am afraid it is not going to change. In hindsight, Roddick's continued failure suggests that his sole US Open was indeed a fluke. He had a tiny little window of time open during August-September 2003 and won that US Open. With Djokovic, Murray, Nadal and Federer around, he has virtually no chance in winning any major ever again. An on-form Federer will always be too much for him, and the three youngsters are too hot for him to handle. Roddick doesn't have a real weapon other than his service.

I really think you should change your horse now.

Quote:
Dear Arnab,
You do not like America, American sports, American people, American sports icons, American ABCDEFG...XYZ. That is not my problem. Take off your glasses. May be you can see the world from a different prospective.
? That's not true at all. Whatever gave you that idea? I like watching and supporting great players who are not hyped by the media and who earn their victories. As far as tennis, I look at individual players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their playing style, etc. Nationality has never been a factor. Roddick has always come off as a hyper-active meathead to me. Federer is more cerebral and obviously the greatest shot-maker of probably all-time. So it's a no brainer to pick Federer over anyone, including Roddick. On the other hand, all your talk about Roddick not fulfilling his promise seems very hollow to me. He doesn't have anything to speak about other than that service. He doesn't move well on the court, cannot dominate the rallies against better players and in fact, his record shows that he has been a failure in the Majors for 4 years now, the 4 years when he was aged 23-26 and should have been in peak condition. I think the only reason why you are supporting Roddick is because you think he is an American and probably projecting a bit of Sampras on to him. But unfortunately Roddick is not as talented as Sampras.

Last edited by Arnab; September 5, 2008 at 05:46 AM..
Old September 5, 2008, 03:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Looks like Roddick lost yet again in a slam, before reaching the semis. This has been the pattern for about 2 years now. And I am afraid it is not going to change. In hindsight, Roddick's continued failure suggests that his sole US Open was indeed a fluke...
Garbage analogy. Reread my post and you will find the answer of no fluke. Since you didn't answer or may have purposely skipped the section, I ask again, Beating all 1, 2, 3 this year is also fluke?
Quote:
I really think you should change your horse now.
Thanks for advice. I'd change my horse on my time.
Quote:
? That's not true at all. Whatever gave you that idea? I like watching and supporting great players who are not hyped by the media and who earn their victories. As far as tennis, I look at individual players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their playing style, etc. Nationality has never been a factor. Roddick has always come off as a hyper-active meathead to me. Federer is more cerebral and obviously the greatest shot-maker of probably all-time. So it's a no brainer to pick Federer over anyone, including Roddick. On the other hand, all your talk about Roddick not fulfilling his promise seems very hollow to me. He doesn't have anything to speak about other than that service. He doesn't move well on the court, cannot dominate the rallies against better players and in fact, his record shows that he has been a failure in the Majors for 4 years now, the 4 years when he was aged 23-26 and should have been in peak condition. I think the only reason why you are supporting Roddick is because you think he is an American and probably projecting a bit of Sampras on to him. But unfortunately Roddick is not as talented as Sampras.
The problem is you "think" and I know so. So here is your answer for thinking.
Quote:
That's not true at all.
Adding to that: I have said enough about Roddick on why I like him in this thread already. If you choose to skip those I have nothing more to say.

As for what gave me your "American hatred stand" idea? No one has to be a rocket scienctist to know your stance. So do me a favor since you have asked. Do a search, on your posts in "Other sports" forum. Pick and choose any of your recent posts say last 6 months. Better yet, print them up and give them to any of your elders and ask "does these posts potray Anti-American in every sense?"

Peace be upon you.
Old September 5, 2008, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

New York City Kicks a** and so does Novak ... Federer is gonna have some crazy Home Court Advantage vs Joker tho

Roddick opened his mouth and he got it with no vaseline

Go Joker!

If Novak (A Big If) Gets through Fed and than Nadal/Murray ... Who should be #1?

Delporto next #1, He's gonna be a Beast on HardCourts, Murray and Nadal should be intresting
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!

Last edited by cricman; September 5, 2008 at 06:47 PM..
Old September 5, 2008, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Old September 7, 2008, 05:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Murray wins the epic semifinal and moves to the final. Excellent tennis from him.

Murray vs Federer. Go Murray go!!!
Old September 7, 2008, 05:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Murray will be easy pickin for federar. Any way good luck to Murray for reaching his first grandslam final.
Old September 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Murray will get blown away.
Old September 8, 2008, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Come on Murray!! Cinci was no fluke.
Old September 8, 2008, 12:52 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Come on Murray!! Cinci was no fluke.
Good to see that you support a British player. Should Murray win he will become Britain's first male singles grand slam champion in 72 years. If Federer can beat Murray today, he'll have tied the modern-day record for the best winning streak at any major. He has reached at least the semifinals of the last 18 majors.

I think Federer is much more vulnerable than he once was, but his greater experience as well as comparative freshness will tell and the Swiss will win in 4 sets.

Old September 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Good to see that you support a British player.
The only thing I didn't like of Murray is his "chagla dari". Can someone buy him a razor. He played extremely at a high level against Nadal. Some passing shots were incredible. Even with the semi loss Nadal will increase the lead of #1 and #2. Doesn't matter if FedEx wins or not.
Old September 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
The only thing I didn't like of Murray is his "chagla dari". Can someone buy him a razor. .
Ask his mom as she controls everything.

Quote:
He played extremely at a high level against Nadal. Some passing shots were incredible.
The way he played against Nadal, I would have to rate it as perhaps his most complete performance in his entire tennis career.BTW, Murray holds a 2-1 edge head to head against Federer.

Old September 9, 2008, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Welldone Roger!....5th straight US Open...Hez the man!
Old September 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Murray looked invincible against Nadal in the semis. I was worried if Fed will beat him. But he did it in style. Weldone Fed.

Just missed another Fed-Rafa final. They make the best finals.