facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 7, 2019, 08:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

I don't always watch movie but when I do they are really good:

Some really good ones that I enjoyed start to finish are:

Kevin Hart movie
Kim (didn't finish it, but I can milk it forever) *NOT to confuse with Kardashian but Kipling

Planning to watch Inspector Gadget. I know people slams the remakes such as Kevin Hart one and Flatliners, but I love the contemporary look. The NDE graphics of Flatliners was just amazing.

WORST Movies and COMPLETE waste of time

Glass. Again what a borefest. I hate these new spin in comic books movies. And thank you very much but Hakim Phoenix's "character study" of Joker would be just unbearable.

2001 Space Odyssey. I know I will get killed for hurling stones at Kubrick, but goddamn what a drag.

Another is the John Wick one. First was good. Second was passable, but you can tell the third one is just for the box office numbers.

Never got into the hype of Avengers. If given chance, I would have rather watched Ugly Dolls. These are my kinda feel good movie.

Somehow 90s nostalgia with JLo in Wedding Planner just brings back memories and whilst we would love to hate these back then, now they are just plain classics. Also watched the final segment of Mrs Doubtfire with my mom, retelling her why Robin Williams was such a legend.

And speaking of movies... best movie watched so far in a long while is unquestionably White Boy Rick.

Pasting my review below.

Old June 9, 2019, 10:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Planning to watch X-Men dark Phoenix this weekend
Old June 10, 2019, 08:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

I put of watching endgame this long and successfully avoided the spoilers. So today after watching it I will say in no shame as a grown man I teared up a little at the end.

Dont know about some of you but for me it was the best end for some of the avengers
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Old June 10, 2019, 03:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Watched Xmen Dark Phoenix today and it was awesome.
Didn't expect it to be so good.
Enjoyed it more than End Game
Old June 10, 2019, 03:52 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Lol dark phoenix was soooo crap!
Old June 10, 2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I put of watching endgame this long and successfully avoided the spoilers. So today after watching it I will say in no shame as a grown man I teared up a little at the end.

Dont know about some of you but for me it was the best end for some of the avengers
You are not the only one. That was epic. Watched it twice.
Old June 10, 2019, 03:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I have to find baby sitter before I can consider cinemas. Sad times.
Old June 10, 2019, 11:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Eagerly waiting for the weekend to arrive
Old June 10, 2019, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Lol dark phoenix was soooo crap!
Not eagerly waiting for the weekend to arrive
Old June 11, 2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
Not eagerly waiting for the weekend to arrive
Worst X men movie in the series. Don't have to take my word for it, it is 22% in Rotten Tomatoes
Old June 11, 2019, 02:02 AM

Dark phonix better than endgame? What? I heard this is the worst x men movie of al time..thats quite an achievement when you have x men origins wolverine to topple.

Are you serious simon bhai? I thought about not watching this movie entirely and look forward to x men in mcu
Old June 11, 2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Dark phonix better than endgame? What? I heard this is the worst x men movie of al time..thats quite an achievement when you have x men origins wolverine to topple.

Are you serious simon bhai? I thought about not watching this movie entirely and look forward to x men in mcu
Wise decision watch Chernobyl meanwhile
Old June 11, 2019, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Wise decision watch Cheronobyl meanwhile
really thinking about watching cheronbyl..but historical drama is just not my genre
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Old June 11, 2019, 02:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Whatever..... Dont watch movies regularly..... But i watch x men.....
So good or bad.... I am bound to watch this
Old June 11, 2019, 02:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I loved how action packed it was.
It depends on what u expect from a comic book based movie,
I got to see some beautiful action scenes, the movie was fast paced all the way like infinity war.
Old June 11, 2019, 05:51 AM
Cricket Savant

I always get suspicious when I see overhype. As someone who is not a comic book fan who destroy others on the net in stupid DC vs Marvel fan club fights, I still think that there is no way a movie filled with CGI and explosions should be full of 10s.

Spate of 1s didn't disappoint either in IMDB depending how you filter. Now that I look back yes I loved Black Panther, but these have been all due to marketing campaign and overhype, just like that garbage Wonder Woman.

In my opinion Dark Knight is the only 9 for a superhero movie to receive and that is being conservative. On the other hand, I still think Joaquin Phoenix's stupid "character study" would drag the life out of me.

Anyway, there is NO way a movie like Endgame - having seen trailers and smatterings of previous entries- should have received such glowing praises. I mean sure - I can just watch it..lol

But seriously if I go to theatres now, I'd rather watch Ugly Doll then roll with the hype. Comic book fans are so delusional, makes me think, who are convinced by so much hype and buzz created out of nothing.

I could be wrong, but what about these people? Again goes to show, how taste is ultimately relative and subjective.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796...ratingFilter=0
Old June 11, 2019, 05:55 AM
Cricket Savant

For a different taste, check this out.

HG Well's The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936) directed by Korda. Not a spit of CGI yet carried on the enchantment of the past. More to my tuning...

Same spirit, but way different promise/premise.
Old June 11, 2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I always get suspicious when I see overhype. As someone who is not a comic book fan who destroy others on the net in stupid DC vs Marvel fan club fights, I still think that there is no way a movie filled with CGI and explosions should be full of 10s.

Spate of 1s didn't disappoint either in IMDB depending how you filter. Now that I look back yes I loved Black Panther, but these have been all due to marketing campaign and overhype, just like that garbage Wonder Woman.

In my opinion Dark Knight is the only 9 for a superhero movie to receive and that is being conservative. On the other hand, I still think Joaquin Phoenix's stupid "character study" would drag the life out of me.

Anyway, there is NO way a movie like Endgame - having seen trailers and smatterings of previous entries- should have received such glowing praises. I mean sure - I can just watch it..lol

But seriously if I go to theatres now, I'd rather watch Ugly Doll then roll with the hype. Comic book fans are so delusional, makes me think, who are convinced by so much hype and buzz created out of nothing.

I could be wrong, but what about these people? Again goes to show, how taste is ultimately relative and subjective.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796...ratingFilter=0
I cant say about others but I love couple of main characters(in this case superheros) from other films collaborate. in short I like collaborations so thats why I love avengers. And avangers infinity war and endgame had some emotional connection thats why it touched me. good ending to a 10 year saga
Old June 11, 2019, 06:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Oh before I disappoint my other fans with my lack of 'hipness'...lol what about Venom? Loved it. Absolutely thrown out of the park. 10/10.

See, just because it is a superhero movie, doesn't mean I am hating on it. But Endgame looked fishy from Day 1. If a movie is great, it emanates. Period. It draws you in regardless if you are not a convert.
Old June 11, 2019, 07:17 AM

Couldnt finish venom in two attempts. One was while i was flying and had nothing to do. The villain was so uninteresting.

People like different things and that is why we have such a diverse catalogue of movies to choose from. If everyone liked endgame then we would only be getting comicbook movies. Nobody wants that.

The best thing about endgame was that it was a wonderful end to a 10 year saga of 20 movies. The deeper the investment in the earlier movies the greater the payoff with Endgame. To me it was almost like a love letter to all the fans of this cinematic universe. Masterfully crafted and Robert Downy Jr deserves an award for creating such an iconic role.
Old June 11, 2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Couldnt finish venom in two attempts. One was while i was flying and had nothing to do. The villain was so uninteresting.

People like different things and that is why we have such a diverse catalogue of movies to choose from. If everyone liked endgame then we would only be getting comicbook movies. Nobody wants that.

The best thing about endgame was that it was a wonderful end to a 10 year saga of 20 movies. The deeper the investment in the earlier movies the greater the payoff with Endgame. To me it was almost like a love letter to all the fans of this cinematic universe. Masterfully crafted and Robert Downy Jr deserves an award for creating such an iconic role.
absolutely agree. Kevin feige deserves an award also for managing this making sure it ended so well..

learn D&D learn something
Old June 11, 2019, 07:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
And I absolutely respect that. Problem with hype is you are made to feel FOMO but then you realize the fist that the lamp-seller was holding held nothing in the first place. If Endgame is some fans' thing (thang?) then who am I to intervene?
Old June 11, 2019, 07:42 AM

Can anyone suggest me a romantic comedy where the girl has a guy for a BFF and falls for another hunk and in the end figures out her BFF was the only man she ever needed.

Please dont ask me why I am looking for this cheesy story
Old June 11, 2019, 07:58 AM

Clueless..? I think has a story like that
Old June 11, 2019, 08:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Pretty much every romcom on the planet!