facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 9, 2007, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

1. Separate religion from state/state mechanism
2. Personal attack will cause a direct ban for one month
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life

Old January 9, 2007, 10:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1. Ban hartal, oborodh and any destructive activity of public and private property.

Nationalism:
(Forgive me if there is any German here)
If someone gives a drunk German a gun and cash and asks him to kill a man he may do it without hesitation, but if someone gives a drunk German a sledge hammer and asks to destory any public property he would not do it.

Even a drunk German knows the significance of protecting public property and we Bangladeshis don't.
no drunks is good, be it german mod, american mod or bangla mod or hindi mod .

nationalism is something I am confused about, I used to think that nationalism means national unity or nation's unique -ism like capism and commism, but it seems like racism defined some people's article ... or something.

nah ... wishing does not work, someone said grow your back bone insead of wish bone ... or something like that , and I have nothing ... yay.
Old January 9, 2007, 11:04 PM

Ban on anything needs a judicial mandate from highest level of justice, hence we need an independent justice system first to start or achieve anything. I mean ban on hortal, oborodh, student politics or any thing for that matter is possible once we have independent justice system.
Old January 9, 2007, 11:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Is Afrina related to Fabrina? Just curious...
Not that I know of.. but her suggestions are very prudent, so maybe we are!
Old January 10, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

u guys are being very short sighted...hartal and oborodh are soooo minor...fine both are banned, our leadership and political parties can choose from 100 other equally self-destructive activities...ban them all!!!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2007, 11:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Instead of using poll to elect members my election process will be free hand fights!! Yes freehand, no restriction, blood drawing and jaw breaking fights. All the candidate will fight each other untill submission. That way they will have a shot at each others face ruther then citizens property. Let the powerfull win!!
Old January 10, 2007, 11:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Talk about innovative ideas. Great idea Shujan bhai. I'll modify yours slightly: let the TOP LEADERS of both the parties fight. Otherwise, they'll find a loophole, and only send their bhara kora shoinno, rather than going themselves.
Old January 10, 2007, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Talk about innovative ideas. Great idea Shujan bhai. I'll modify yours slightly: let the TOP LEADERS of both the parties fight. Otherwise, they'll find a loophole, and only send their bhara kora shoinno, rather than going themselves.
Kudos to Shujan Bhai for the concept but I agree 20000% with Imran that the trick is the phrase "Top leaders from both parties". Ohh how I would love to see Khaleda and Hasina in a fist fight !!!!! UFC fail hoye jabe.
Old January 10, 2007, 11:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Absoultly Mr. kabir! All 300 MP has to fight themselves for their seats. They will beat the living hell of each other. These fights will be viewd by the common citizen who has lost their property in political violance. Farmers, ranchers bus driver and so on whoever has lost property due to illegal criminal activity of the political parties. It is only fair!!! That way no body can complain about election fairness!!
Old January 11, 2007, 04:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Absoultly Mr. kabir! All 300 MP has to fight themselves for their seats. They will beat the living hell of each other. These fights will be viewd by the common citizen who has lost their property in political violance. Farmers, ranchers bus driver and so on whoever has lost property due to illegal criminal activity of the political parties. It is only fair!!! That way no body can complain about election fairness!!
A better way would be to let them play a game of chess. the winner lives and the loser goes in front of those people and gets whatever he deserves. After all u need brains to run a country. And to make it fair to the people who lost property, they get sum1 to pick on
Old January 11, 2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
A better way would be to let them play a game of chess. the winner lives and the loser goes in front of those people and gets whatever he deserves. After all u need brains to run a country. And to make it fair to the people who lost property, they get sum1 to pick on
They are playing chess, there are / were few losers who has been saved by the winners later. Now they even love to have those losers sit by their side!

Nothing to be called as 'fair to the people'.
Old January 11, 2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
  1. If you were granted magical power to make or change ONE Law for Bangladesh, what would it be?
  2. If you were to make one sentence for ALL the Banglacricket Forum Rules, what would it be?
Thank you in advance for your response.

The magical condition in this thread is one.
Cancer is a highly progressive disease and it’s almost impossible to prescribe a therapy by removing a part of organ.
Old January 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

1. Do you think 'one law' can change the whole country? I don't think so. We should think about the law and order situation. Do people obey the law that we have? If yes then lot of things are solved. Otherwise it's a chaos.

2. Be more tolerent, patient and have respect for everyone.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ