facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old January 3, 2007, 05:26 PM
Pundit Pundit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 17, 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 3,338

Forget about Chinaman - he epitomizes poor taste and bias. He is like a little Saddam, gone amuck.

Ok, this is not being critical of him, this is just responding to his hasty knee-jerk thread closing actions.

Arnab is however different. His beginning is always steller, and you do not see any hint of mediocricity until the 5th day of the Test. And then its like one of those real dust bowl pitches disintegrating in the last sessions. In a matter of 1-2 threads, he begins to sound like a little boy full of cacophany.

Ok, let me see how much of a man you two are.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old January 3, 2007, 05:37 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,539

honestly, if BC members with all our other commitments, took over the BD gov, we'd run that embarrassing country better.

its obvious that both parties just want to exploit the country for their own coffers...pretty soon there won't be a country to exploit!
_________

i am reminded of a true story told by my friend's father. he is a kenyan who recently visited yemen. there the kenyan uncle met with a yemeni sheikh who asked him some very poignant questions about the muslim world in general. since bangladesh is part of the muslim world, her idiocies highlight the collective idiocies of the ummah.

the sheikh asked this uncle the following question:

"who is a bigger tyrant, the government or the people?"

the uncle thought for a moment before he answered:

"the people because the people can remove an evil government, but government cannot remove its citizens even if they are evil."

i liked this answer, and i hope you can understand what it means. when the gov of pakistan stepped on our toes, the bangali people stepped in and said "you cannot do this". they secured their justice.

today there is a more pernicious tyrant, the gov led by BNP, AL, JI, and others. until the bangladeshi people feel that they can sacrifice their lives, their party or ideological differences, then we will see this exact same situation happen again and again. bangladeshis must take charge of their destiny. are they expecting the US or soem other power to come and teach them how to govern themselves in a civil manner?
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old January 3, 2007, 05:51 PM
mhferdaus mhferdaus is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 3, 2005
Posts: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
You really have to give the AL a lot of credit - they even went to bed with the terrorists to uphold democracy in Bangladesh.

Nothing is greater than democracy.
?!??!? The political parties enlisted terrorists a long time ago, perhaps you mean the one returning from ... our neighboring country.


any case hasina did not need to do that, she would have better chance this time around, but does she want to have a military power ? I mean is that what the boss wants ( boss of all political parties )?
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19wdm_yusuf-islam
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old January 3, 2007, 06:35 PM
Pundit Pundit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 17, 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 3,338

For to long we Bengalis have considered the politicians as people chosen by higher powers, from another planet, and assigned to our country. We just whine, whine, and whine....
Hey, they are just like us, and had we been given the same opportunities we might ....

So let's improve ourselves at first.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old January 3, 2007, 07:06 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Well, since you mentioned Chinaman I was contemplating opening a thread about him closing that other thread with the news about BAL and the Fatwabaz's MOU. Chinaman bhai take this as an open letter from me.

You closed that thread saying people are trying to show one single party in bad light and trying to use the situation into giving another party some leverage for the election. That thread was discussing a MOU that took place which is a fact. How can discussing about a fact give leverage to one party and show the other party in a bad light? It's not like someone was making up stories and using that as a propaganda against one single party. This MOU happend in real life and even if we are not allowed to talk about this in BC it will show one party in bad light (ppl read newspapers you know). I felt your closing of that thread stunk of your own preference for a party and was not objective. I saw absolutely no valid reason for closing that thread. It was a biased decision on your part as there was no malicious untruthful stories being discussed on that thread. Yes, people were bashing one party but the reason was there for everyone to see( the MOU). Also you said that Banglacricket maintains political nuetrality and the posts in that thread were obviously(to you) not politically nuetral. My question is does all the posts in Banglacricket represent Banglacricket's thoughts? Isnt it supposed be like Banglacricket does not endorse the views on the posts and they are all individual opinions. ( not only this political but all posts in Banglacricket) If not then you guys have a weird policy which needs to be given another round of thoughts.

On a more lighter note, russell peters would say to you in this case:" Be a man do the right thing". The right thing would be to reopen that thread for discussion.
I hate anti semitism and I must admit that such a MOU with a group of extremist means that AL will not have my vote for Sure. However I have serious reasons to believe that u r a pro BNP. All ur posts reflects that view and none of ur views are ever neutral. Referring AL and BAL shows ur poor taste and so is the case with some other members. Tarique Zia is undoubtedly the unofficial richest man in BD, why don u ever post anything on that regard, or is it right on the part of Begum Zia to celebrate Bday(that too with cakes as big as 50 pounds, in a country where people die of hunger) on the day when Mujib's family was murdered , remember Mujib actually saved her merriage with Mr Ziaur rahman. You talk abt facts, these are facts that u see every day(tarique zia) and every year( Bday celebration) . But not a word from ur mouth.

Is chinaman doing the right thing, I bet he is. U guys complain abt the neutrality of DS. Just look at the news papers after the MOU was sighned. It was on the headline for 3 consecutive days and they all critisized Al. Also drew cartoons of Hasina. Did u write nething regarding that... no u havent. Do the right thing urself, don post nemore of ur so called unbiased political posts.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old January 3, 2007, 07:23 PM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
I hate anti semitism and I must admit that such a MOU with a group of extremist means that AL will not have my vote for Sure. However I have serious reasons to believe that u r a pro BNP. All ur posts reflects that view and none of ur views are ever neutral. Referring AL and BAL shows ur poor taste and so is the case with some other members. Tarique Zia is undoubtedly the unofficial richest man in BD, why don u ever post anything on that regard, or is it right on the part of Begum Zia to celebrate Bday(that too with cakes as big as 50 pounds, in a country where people die of hunger) on the day when Mujib's family was murdered , remember Mujib actually saved her merriage with Mr Ziaur rahman. You talk abt facts, these are facts that u see every day(tarique zia) and every year( Bday celebration) . But not a word from ur mouth.

Is chinaman doing the right thing, I bet he is. U guys complain abt the neutrality of DS. Just look at the news papers after the MOU was sighned. It was on the headline for 3 consecutive days and they all critisized Al. Also drew cartoons of Hasina. Did u write nething regarding that... no u havent. Do the right thing urself, don post nemore of ur so called unbiased political posts.
Haha. Brother if you read my posts properly you would know that I always always said the BNP is the most corrupt party in Bangladesh. How come you overlooked that one? I am nuetral in the sense I do not support any party in Bangladesh. If I did I have the b*** to admit it, believe me when I say this. You want to hear about BNP corruption. Ok, Tarique Zia was so effing corrupt this term that he dint even let the CNG walas go. For every CNG autorickshaw he took allegedly 1 lakhs from each. Thats how low he stooped. I hate BNP's corrupt nature too, the thing you conveniently overlook about my posts. The only thing is I hate BAL's violence more than the corruption of BNP. Doesnt mean I support BNP because I hate them any less !!!!! It is sad that you think of me as a partisan person based on my posts. But it is not true and the truth wont change no matter what you or someone else thinks.

Ohh about DS, yes they are leaned towards AL but they are progressive minded supporters. They are not blind supporters like some others. I have no problem with DS being an AL supporter because they are not brainwashed nor are they blinded by support. They do criticize AL's actions but sometimes their writings give away their pro AL stance. For me I have been reading DS since I was in grade 6. Thats the only newspaper from Bangladesh I read and still read daily. My hatred for AL has also formed from reading about the misrule they unleashed, from the DS reports.

Last edited by layperson; January 3, 2007 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old January 3, 2007, 07:50 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Haha. Brother if you read my posts properly you would know that I always always said the BNP is the most corrupt party in Bangladesh. How come you overlooked that one? I am nuetral in the sense I do not support any party in Bangladesh. If I did I have the b*** to admit it, believe me when I say this. You want to hear about BNP corruption. Ok, Tarique Zia was so effing corrupt this term that he dint even let the CNG walas go. For every CNG autorickshaw he took allegedly 1 lakhs from each. Thats how low he stooped. I hate BNP's corrupt nature too, the thing you conveniently overlook about my posts. The only thing is I hate BAL's violence more than the corruption of BNP. Doesnt mean I support BNP because I hate them any less !!!!! It is sad that you think of me as a partisan person based on my posts. But it is not true and the truth wont change no matter what you or someone else thinks.

Ohh about DS, yes they are leaned towards AL but they are progressive minded supporters. They are not blind supporters like some others. I have no problem with DS being an AL supporter because they are not brainwashed nor are they blinded by support. They do criticize AL's actions but sometimes their writings give away their pro AL stance. For me I have been reading DS since I was in grade 6. Thats the only newspaper from Bangladesh I read and still read daily. My hatred for AL has also formed from reading about the misrule they unleashed, from the DS reports.
I seriously got no clue abt when u critisized BNP. If u did than I am happy that u atleast don have the balls to deny facts. And since u brought the case for violence. The violence was worst for the first few months after BNP came to power in 2001. If u have time enough to look though the archives u will find that there were more political killing and general Killings during the first few months of BNP rule after 2001 than at any stage after the liberation of BD ( In most cases if not all AL men were slughtered by BNP counterparts) . BNP was also known to harbor some of the worst terrorists like Kajal. Not saying that Al were angels but pls don say that AL is a group that embraces violence more than BNP. Yes the gruesome images on NTV will forever be chanted by BNP men but pls for once try counting the number of dead bodies that resulted due to the haterd that each party posess towards the others. U will see that BNP is no different. AL burned cars so did BNP. People don burn busses and cars when they are in power so pls don be so short sighted. By the way corruption and violence are both equally bad for a countries economy. Actually corruption can have much worse impacts. neways i'll sign off...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old January 3, 2007, 09:09 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,198

Miraz bhai: Once again, there isn't just enough evidence for me to prove anything here. But my understanding tells me Ershad has a chance. Oh well, I may be horribly wrong.

About the topic: My personal observation says that we, as a whole, cannot take criticisms. When AL is criticized for their actions, their supporters go crazy and start saying "oh BNP did that too...I don't see you talk about that...so you're pro that party". That's probably the lamest possible argument anyone presented to me. When we talk about things, we fail to keep the context right, and we pull all the threads from all different areas. Anyway, as always, I'm just disappointed at some of our members' amaeteurish behavior. Gives me one more reason to not participate in a thread like this...coz I don't want to be beaten by their experience.
And btw, before anyone jumps in...don't think that just becuase I'm criticizing AL supporters means that I'm a BNP supporter. I've got better things to do in life than support any of these worthless parties.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old January 3, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Hatebreed for President. I'll take care of everything, I promise.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old January 3, 2007, 11:13 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Miraz bhai: Once again, there isn't just enough evidence for me to prove anything here. But my understanding tells me Ershad has a chance. Oh well, I may be horribly wrong.

About the topic: My personal observation says that we, as a whole, cannot take criticisms. When AL is criticized for their actions, their supporters go crazy and start saying "oh BNP did that too...I don't see you talk about that...so you're pro that party". That's probably the lamest possible argument anyone presented to me. When we talk about things, we fail to keep the context right, and we pull all the threads from all different areas. Anyway, as always, I'm just disappointed at some of our members' amaeteurish behavior. Gives me one more reason to not participate in a thread like this...coz I don't want to be beaten by their experience.
And btw, before anyone jumps in...don't think that just becuase I'm criticizing AL supporters means that I'm a BNP supporter. I've got better things to do in life than support any of these worthless parties.

Pls show me one thread u guys opened in past 6 months where u critisized BNP. I can show atleast ten threads opened where AL was heavily critisized. How is that a lame excuse. I just pointed out the fact that most of u guys are pro BNP. even a 3 year old child will say that, trust me. And if u have better things to do in life than y waste time in even talking about the two parties. It takes time to think and write i suppose. Talk abt lame excuses........
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old January 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Quote removed by mod.
Will BNP go to polls if Abdul jalil was President....ask urself.... ? U'll see who burns the busses than.

Last edited by chinaman; January 4, 2007 at 12:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old January 3, 2007, 11:55 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Pls show me one thread u guys opened in past 6 months where u critisized BNP. I can show atleast ten threads opened where AL was heavily critisized. How is that a lame excuse. I just pointed out the fact that most of u guys are pro BNP. even a 3 year old child will say that, trust me. And if u have better things to do in life than y waste time in even talking about the two parties. It takes time to think and write i suppose. Talk abt lame excuses........
Attitude...that's your problem here. I hope you can check the posting rules at the bottom left corner of the forum pages...just to check if you can open a thread on something yourself. And as far as opening threads go, show me a thread that I've opened in the past 6 months. You're taking the criticisms way too personal...and that's just poor thinking pattern. Don't be so judgemental, and say "you guys are pro BNP". If even a three year old can understand it, I wonder if a few infants are signing up too on BC these days.

If AL is being heavily criticized, why don't you come up with ideas to criticize BNP and criticize them there? I vaguely remember a couple of anti-BNP threads that were opened, and also some other political threads that ripped BNP bare naked. And I hope you can check for yourself who was defending BNP and who wasn't...unless you don't fall within the group of 3+!

The point I'm trying to make here is, just don't bring up the whole unrelated history by putting aside the topic at hand. When you can't digest criticisms of the party that you're so implicitly defending, then the best you can do is stay quiet.

And for the next time, please read the posts properly. I didn't say lame excuse...I said it's a lame argument. Talk about lack of attention...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 4, 2007, 12:15 AM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Attitude...that's your problem here. I hope you can check the posting rules at the bottom left corner of the forum pages...just to check if you can open a thread on something yourself. And as far as opening threads go, show me a thread that I've opened in the past 6 months. You're taking the criticisms way too personal...and that's just poor thinking pattern. Don't be so judgemental, and say "you guys are pro BNP". If even a three year old can understand it, I wonder if a few infants are signing up too on BC these days.

If AL is being heavily criticized, why don't you come up with ideas to criticize BNP and criticize them there? I vaguely remember a couple of anti-BNP threads that were opened, and also some other political threads that ripped BNP bare naked. And I hope you can check for yourself who was defending BNP and who wasn't...unless you don't fall within the group of 3+!

The point I'm trying to make here is, just don't bring up the whole unrelated history by putting aside the topic at hand. When you can't digest criticisms of the party that you're so implicitly defending, then the best you can do is stay quiet.

And for the next time, please read the posts properly. I didn't say lame excuse...I said it's a lame argument. Talk about lack of attention...
I said show me a thread in the past six months where u critisized BNP (you guys), u didnt (no wonder u vaguely remeber and only COUPLE)...i never said u said lame excuses...i said that...and when did i take anything personally? What is extremely apparent is the fact that the discussion threads are mostly one sided bashing the other party all the time. I just wish people post neutral threads and neutral point a view. I don know how i am implicitly defending AL. I said myslef that AL is one party that embraced extremist in their groups and thus will never get my support. LAck of attention...look whos talking..?

As far as board rules go....i am sure mods are there....

As far as my attitude goes I am sure u r not any attractive girl.....No need to impress you....:p Or are u ?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old January 4, 2007, 12:26 AM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Will BNP go to polls if Abdul jalil was President....ask urself.... ? U'll see who burns the busses than.
LOL! Isn't Abdul Jalil an active General Secretary of AL? The fact that he wears a Mujib coat is enough to prove his "neutralness". How's that even the closest comparison to Iajuddin Ahmed?
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old January 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
LOL! Isn't Abdul Jalil an active General Secretary of AL? The fact that he wears a Mujib coat is enough to prove his "neutralness". How's that even the closest comparison to Iajuddin Ahmed?
I suppose Iajuddin ahmed is that person who never did politics at all.....Soil science is all that he is aware of
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old January 4, 2007, 01:01 AM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
I suppose Iajuddin ahmed is that person who never did politics at all.....Soil science is all that he is aware of
Again, I don't see what's your point? Does being a teacher/science-person make him less able or more BNP-sided to neutrally lead the caretaker gov't? How does that give AL any right to bring the country down to chaos? How's he even comparable to someone like Adbul Jalil?
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old January 4, 2007, 01:33 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
I suppose Iajuddin ahmed is that person who never did politics at all.....Soil science is all that he is aware of
What an absurd comparison.

Iajuddin's neutrality, while questionable is in no way comparable to Jalil who gets his pay from Hasina.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old January 4, 2007, 01:37 AM
chinaman chinaman is offline
Retired BC Admin
 
Join Date: August 14, 2003
Location: pc near u
Posts: 8,021

The rules are clear. If you like to discuss politics, please do so in a way that puts the benefit of the country and not that of a particular party or group at the top throughout the discussion.

As I mentioned many a times before, we strictly moderate political discussions. We have neither time nor means to babysit the forget cricket section constantly. We'll not be shy to apply 'crude moderation'.

Pundit, shifting subjects wouldn't be of any help, you know.

Billah, if you know how to use the brake, I think now is a good time.

shahriyar, you explicitely expressed your hatred towards one kind of bhondos only. Whether you hate the other kind too is your prerogative.

We just ask everyone to help us keep banglacricket above the political dirts that eclipsed the poor Land for ages.

Play by the rules and enjoy the discussion. Else, I've news for you guys, I don't have to blink before banning the bad ones.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old January 4, 2007, 02:04 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,583

At the risk of sounding arrogant,rude and brash I do not think fear of getting banned will stop me from expressing my opinion (without using expletives) when I see politics is being discussed. This is exactly what I have been doing so far, expressing my opinion on the topics. I still dont get how discussing political issues throws dirt on Banglacricket as I said earlier it doesnt make sense that BC is responsible for the opinion of all its members. As long as, it is done without personal attacks, expletives and all. No one has to reply to this message. I guess I am just putting my thoughts in the post. In case this is my last post on BC it was fun being here while it lasted. Met some great people and met some other not so great ones as well.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old January 4, 2007, 02:34 AM
chinaman chinaman is offline
Retired BC Admin
 
Join Date: August 14, 2003
Location: pc near u
Posts: 8,021

How difficult it is for you to see that it is not done without expletives, it is not done without personal attacks, it is not done without propagating hate, it is not done without leaving bitterness, it is not done without being unfair, it is not done without puting partis' & personal benefit ahead of the country's?

Banglacricket will not allow its resources to be used to spread hate and partisan bhondamies in the name of opinion. There are thousands of medias out there exactly for that purpose, in case if you don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old January 4, 2007, 03:44 AM
billah billah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 5, 2003
Posts: 5,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
Billah, if you know how to use the brake, I think now is a good time.

shahriyar, you explicitely expressed your hatred towards one kind of bhondos only. Whether you hate the other kind too is your prerogative.

We just ask everyone to help us keep banglacricket above the political dirts that eclipsed the poor Land for ages.

Play by the rules and enjoy the discussion. Else, I've news for you guys, I don't have to blink before banning the bad ones.
Dear Chinaman: I have a question for you, and I hope you will be objective in giving me a reasonable response. In the past, I have seen you explaining things in a calm, professional fashion. (I'm addressing you as "Chinaman" instead of using your real name, since you have deleted your real name from my post earlier).

I am curious, if you are working on keeping banglacricket "above the political dirts", then why do many members (and some ex-members) have a strong perception that you yourself are partial to one bangladeshi political party? How is it that you failed to maintain a neutral image of yourself?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old January 4, 2007, 05:50 AM
Ahmed_B's Avatar
Ahmed_B Ahmed_B is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 3, 2004
Posts: 5,578

.....There was time when I used to think that the filthy BNP-AL encounter was a valuable asset for the older generation BD people only... I thought that the younger ones were a new breed with a fresh minds... looking forward and not backwards...

.....There was a time when I also used to think that when people leave BD and become part of the so called 'developed world'... their level of patience improves and their arguments must become more constructive as a reflection to their context....

However... with time, by going through so many political posts and threads in this BC forum and countless other online forums... both of my assumptions have been proven pathetically wrong and and also to be a delution only!
__________________
Well...you only get one chance to make your first impression somewhere...!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old January 4, 2007, 06:15 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 15,707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
.....There was time when I used to think that the filthy BNP-AL encounter was a valuable asset for the older generation BD people only... I thought that the younger ones were a new breed with a fresh minds... looking forward and not backwards...

.....There was a time when I also used to think that when people leave BD and become part of the so called 'developed world'... their level of patience improves and their arguments must become more constructive as a reflection to their context....

However... with time, by going through so many political posts and threads in this BC forum and countless other online forums... both of my assumptions have been pathetically proven wrong and proven to be a dilutions only!
Ahmed bhai, we are not presenting any new visions, new leaders or new ideology to the young generations. They are forced to deicde from the two party and discuss/select which one is less evil. As younger generations are more knowledgeable, they are more open to criticise and are a bit frustrated over the situation. That's pretty apparent in their posts.

Now, they have another way, just to restrict their emotions to flow and refrain from politics and political discussion. But, you know its not the virtue of youth to keep silent.

ওরে সবুজ, ওরে আমার কাঁচা
আধমরাদের ঘা মেরে তুই বাচা


Now, either we need to accept some strong response from our beloved members or we need to ban any sort of political discussion.

In the present context, keep saying good words to Bangladeshi politics or political parties is simply hypocrisy.

Politics by its own virtue invites heated discussion
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old January 4, 2007, 07:22 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
.....There was time when I used to think that the filthy BNP-AL encounter was a valuable asset for the older generation BD people only... I thought that the younger ones were a new breed with a fresh minds... looking forward and not backwards...

.....There was a time when I also used to think that when people leave BD and become part of the so called 'developed world'... their level of patience improves and their arguments must become more constructive as a reflection to their context....

However... with time, by going through so many political posts and threads in this BC forum and countless other online forums... both of my assumptions have been proven pathetically wrong and and also to be a delution only!
When you only got 2 party to choose from, both being violent, anarchist and corrupt, you dont have much options then bicker about which one is better or worse and pick the lesser evil.

Thats unfortunately the way things are.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old January 4, 2007, 09:19 AM
chinaman chinaman is offline
Retired BC Admin
 
Join Date: August 14, 2003
Location: pc near u
Posts: 8,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
..why do many members (and some ex-members) have a strong perception that you yourself are partial to one bangladeshi political party? How is it that you failed to maintain a neutral image of yourself?
Ha ha ha Billah, you have done it again. How do you come to represent 'many members' and 'some ex-members'?

How many of them actually conveyed the message to you? Did you take a poll? How did you find out about the 'strong perception' or the 'failed to maintain a neutral image'?

You could have directly ask the question yourself without making a mockery. Look no further than the following thread to find out where I stand on Bangladeshi politics:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=18067
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket