facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 26, 2006, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Former president Badruddoza Chowdhury waves to cheering supporters after the announcement of the formation of the Liberal Democratic Party, Thursday, Oct. 26, 2006

Listen to VOA report by Anjana Pasricha

Old October 26, 2006, 05:38 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
I think BNP will come to power again this time. AL is not ready for the election and even under neutral care taker govt I don't see any hope for AL and they are well aware of this. Well, I don't want to see BNP again but AL is not the solution either.
100% true. but the question is, then who? Ershad is worse than khaleda-hasina (if that is theoritically possible), and I'll stop visiting bangladesh if rajakar jamat comes to power. then who?
Old October 26, 2006, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
100% true. but the question is, then who? Ershad is worse than khaleda-hasina (if that is theoritically possible), and I'll stop visiting bangladesh if rajakar jamat comes to power. then who?
No where to run! Just waiting to see a revolution, a revolution that will change the whole country.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 26, 2006, 08:33 PM

I think Ershad ( JP ) is the key for next coalition government. If he join with BNP & JI coalition then BNP+JI+JP will be in power again, but if he join with 14 party & LDP coalition then a power change might have a chance, and I wish that happen. I hate AL too but Al+JP+LDP coalition could be better than this BNP+JI coalition government.

At least we need to get rid of sick 'kingdom' system, and 'Rajakers' as soon as possible.
Old October 26, 2006, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i think fazal meant anti-perspirant
Old October 26, 2006, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

cant trust a single bd politician, although I am quite surprised to see current MPs & Ministers quiting BNP and joining LDP. What are they gonna get out of this risky venture? Is it truly their conscience..... I wonder....
Old October 26, 2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

Bodrudozza & Oli: Even in Bangladesh politics, nobody wants to touch a traitor, once he backstabs you. The dead, rotting carcas of Bikolpo Dhara was one prime example.

Mannan (standing next to Oli): On channel I, in his critisism of the latest budget debate, this is what he says, I'm not kidding:
আপনি ট্যাক্স কালেক্ট করবেন, সেই ট্যাক্স দিয়ে সরকার চালাবেন, এভাবে তো আর সরকার চলতে পারে না....

Sad. The kind of superstars started this party can only be described as 'no hopers'.
Worse yet, while these two women fight(খাই-খাই আর খাব-খাব) , the rajakars will end up gaining a few more seats...
Old October 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I got a question...

After so long under BNP, now they found out that Khaleda's government is actually corrupt??

Something smells fishy
Old October 27, 2006, 02:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
We need an honest, responsible, fair dictator.
Yeah, I wouldnt mind Hitler coming to rule Bangladesh provided he puts these crackpot politicians and supporters into gas chambers.
Old October 27, 2006, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This will be another version of Gonoforum.
Without any doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
We need young leaders, these old politicians have done enough damage when they had their fare share.
The problem is youngers are much more corrupt than oldies. IMO, Tareque is the most corrupt person in BD at present.
Old October 27, 2006, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

desher khobor bhalo naa. the hasan guy is now "Ill" and wont do the oath thing. supporters of both parties are attacking each other and burning down houses. 3 ppl dead. its getting ugly.
Old October 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ok this post is purely from a political strategizing POV.

In politics timing is the key! The timing is good but was this timed to "perfection"? If I were LDP...I would have waited a few days...let the two sides slug it out on the streets...and then roped in a few more "honest" types from each side who have had enough and then announced the party. The voters will have been even more receptive to the idea of a viable alternative!
Old October 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Heard Mahi Chy (B Chy's son) is the Jt Secy or something in LDP now. He is reported to be quite intelligent and front runner against Tareq Rahman. They were heard to be fighting on something and as a result B Chy had to resign from presidency after PM's order/request. This Mahi Chy might be a new generation leader/"Khadok". So if you guys are asking about new generation leaders it wouldnt be Tareq-Joy cinema rather it maight be Tareq-Mahi "Moncho Natok". I hope for the best for BD.
Old October 27, 2006, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

mahi seems to be a nice guy. a very well educated person unlike tareq
Old October 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

There is severe anarchy in Bangladesh. Both the major parties have started their "showdown" of power and have made the country a battle field. This is not acceptable by any means.
Violence flares up, houses of ministers, MPs attacked
2 alliance leaders, an activist killed, 500 injured

Quote:
The country plunged into a chaos yesterday as Awami League (AL) and BNP activists were locked in battles over establishing supremacy in the localities of Dhaka and other places just hours before the end of the four-party alliance government's tenure.
Quote:

Different parts of the capital were found literally burning into the chaos as armed activists of both the alliances indiscriminately blasted crackers and bombs, set tires on fire, ransacked vehicles and threw brickbats at rival processions.
The capital last night resembled the images of battle-prone streets of Palestine seen on TV screens with armed men prowling on empty streets which were marked with blazes eerily lighting up the night sky. A frightening calm engulfed the city which was punctuated by sounds of gunshots and battle cries of the operatives of two rival parliamentary parties that were engaged in a dialogue just a few days ago. Almost all the stores remained closed and most of the streets were deserted in the capital while its panic-stricken residents were glued to TV screens or hectic on phones trying to find out what their uncertain lives are heading towards. The scene on the streets of Dhaka city last night brought into reality the hitherto fear of political experts even before the handover of power to a caretaker government.
Old October 27, 2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

Bodruddoza's move actually kinda' jeopardized Mahi's career..this time, he may have to face stiff opposition to keep his own seat.

And "seat" is the main ingredient missing from a / any strong opposition. Hasina had made doubly sure Awamis do not win any formidable position in the next election. What a liability for a big party! After all, 13 of the 14-party combined have zero seat !
Old October 27, 2006, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
BCB president's home comes under attack
------------------------------------------------------
Khulna, Oct 27 (bdnews24.com) - Home of the president of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Ali Asgar Loby at Yusuf Row area of the city came under attack Friday afternoon.
The attackers damaged windowpanes of his house and two cars parked outside.
Loby, who is also the convener of Khulna City BNP, accused Juba League for the attack. Sources said the attackers hurled brickbats at the house.
They also beat the driver of a car and snatched his cellular phone away. source
Hai Hai Akhon ke hobe?
Old October 27, 2006, 08:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Daily star claims that Justice Hasan is 'unwilling' to be caretaker chief
http://thedailystar.net/2006/10/28/d6102801011.htm

If this is true, then the political parties will not have big excuse to fight against each other. Of course they don't need a excuse to start a fight! I hope this is the start of the solution...
Old October 27, 2006, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

bbcnews.com's headline is the current political crisis in Bangladesh. BBC tends to giv us coverage all the time when Cnn and some other news networks never do it.
Old October 27, 2006, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Who is in control? President alone?
Hah, so unfortunate.........

To those who asked question about LDP's timing: i think they wanted to avoid BNP's roshanol directly. Just remember B. Chowdhury's miserable condition when he left BNP. If they announced it even a month ago, BNP would ground them in dust. But true to say, I am doubtful how much this LDP would influence the national vote count in a big sense.

We need to change in power, whoever it comes. Because, both BNP and AL should learn it is not them who decide, rather it is the people of the country who decide whom the want. If a party is given mandate for 10 consecutive years, I even cannt imagine what will happen to the country! It is the key to disaster (I know Fazal vai will ask, is there any disaster left?)

The most gainer is the Jamat. "Tara gasero khai abar tolaro kurai". And look at JP and Ershad. They would be the one of the deciding factor again.

BD is devided in AL and anti-AL. So the vote equation is the same as last election:
BNP+JI+JP>>>>>AL+LDP+vognangshos. So if the equation reamains the same, BNP is coming again obviously, but may be AL seat count will improve. Just that.

I am really worried after waht happened in Thailand. A bloodless coup! If one of our Army Officer do the same to be an honest dictator? No.
Please God, hellp us. We have seen enough of the military. No More Honest Dictators Please.

Last edited by Duck; October 27, 2006 at 10:45 PM..
Old October 27, 2006, 11:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak_Pion
I am really worried after waht happened in Thailand. A bloodless coup! If one of our Army Officer do the same to be an honest dictator? No.
Please God, hellp us. We have seen enough of the military. No More Honest Dictators Please.
Do you think our hasina apa and khaleda madam is honest???.....ei dui betir r betir familly er jonnoi desh tar ei obosta.....we need a dictators like fidel castro or saddam hussain.......shob politians der rastai eitaa diya matha fatano dorkar.....
banglali re na pitaile shoja hoibo na.....

ei desh e ei bhabe takhar kono manei hoi na.......desh e jara asen amar mone hoi taray haray haray ter paitese.... bottom line is that we need a dictator....
Old October 27, 2006, 11:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
mahi seems to be a nice guy. a very well educated person unlike tareq
mahi hocche bodro shoitan.....tareq hocche murkho shoitan......
duitar jaat ekiii
Old October 27, 2006, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/28/d6102801022.htm

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/28/d6102801033.htm

With the kind of chaos reigning in dhaka do our forum members still think that an honest dictator is a bad idea, heck I would take a dictator over this anarchy any day. This is worse than having a dictator. They have turned the streets into battle fields and poeple are roaming the streets armed !!!! What the hell is the police doing now? I know there is no government but that does not mean there can be chaos. This is the time for police to prove themselves since they dont have to answer to any party as both are not in power at the moment. If I had my way I would just go out brush fire all these bastards to death. AL in doing so has just proved what they are in reality. If they come to power the law and order situation will go down the drain and worse than that and if BNP come back then they will loot like there is no tomorrow. Erporo manush ederke kibhabe vote kore is out of my mind.
Old October 27, 2006, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

haramjaada gula desh ke nijer baaper property mone kore. Ei shobgulake raastay dara koray public er shamne guli kore mara uchit. If we have a coup I just wish the army general kills these politicians. I dont want a bloodless coup. We need to cut the disease from the root. **** these SOBs and mother****ers.
Old October 27, 2006, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

military is the best idea. take the power. declare curfew for few days. let the things calm down. then keep the power for 3-4 years. get the country to some right direction and then call an election. and during that military power , destroy al and bnp and giv chances to some honest politicians. (if theres any left)