facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old January 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Would you say that you were born a patel/pati-atel or is that something you grew into ?
No, no. You got it all wrong my good man. I am the only one allowed to use the term since in my shadow y'all are pati.

Old January 20, 2007, 05:13 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
No, no. You got it all wrong my good man. I am the only one allowed to use the term since in my shadow y'all are pati.
Hahahhaha, loved it

Hope at your age I will have the same perception
Old January 20, 2007, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
When that happens, use your good judgement and find something less abbrasive.
Damn. If it weren't for the standard of the forums that screams a "and that's a six" hit out of the field repartee.
Old January 20, 2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Miraz - now that's what I call a Masri bouncer.

Dr Z, all your teeth still intact ? Is it teeth or tooth ? I need to go back to grammer school. Being a pati is never fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Hahahhaha, loved it

Hope at your age I will have the same perception
Old January 20, 2007, 05:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Kabir - thanks for pointing it out. Truth hurts. However, I would suggest you wait until someone makes a comment about it. When that happens, use your good judgement and find something less abbrasive.
Suggestion accepted
Old January 20, 2007, 07:59 PM
Banned

It seems like some people will never learn here. Look guys, I am trying to refrain myself despite your provocation. I was about to praise Tehsin bhai’s intention of good speech. But, you guys are making it really difficult for reconciliation; in fact you are making it difficult for me to post here by all these intimidations.
First of all you would not acknowledge the problems you have here, you rather delete posts so that it suits you. The fairer thing would have been to address the problems and make rectification from there but you choose to take the other road.
It would be unfair to say the all mods are bad but there is definitely abuse of power by a few mods and the sooner you realise it, the better. If a good speech makes all the problems go away, Bangladesh would have been a heaven by now. We all know you all volunteer, so we do. If you take up responsibility, you must follow certain rules. It doesn’t look like it applies here. There is no point you make people here spend two/three years of valuable time and if you have a grudge you apply your power at will.
I am disappointed that you failed to address any of the concern the members have raised in this forum, you rather ignored them and showing the muscles. You failed to take any appropriate actions against your staffs raised by members number of occasions, you are deleting posts, threads, where it suits you, and coming to another thread to provocate and justify.
I know you “don’t experiment democracy” (stated by arnab) but it would be fair to follow at least a set of guidelines by yourself as you imposed on members. I am not a BC basher but remember a critical person is better than a “chamcha” friend/staffs.
And finally let that guy know that if he hasn’t learnt the lessons yet, another lesson is imminent. He speaks in the name of prophet that he believes in forgiveness and forgetness but he is still parading his hatred signature and trying to ignite the fire. Someone should advice him to take an IQ test.
“Desire for Improvement cries for criticism not satisfaction”-sorry
I have been banned.
Old January 20, 2007, 08:50 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Sorry, You are assuming that we do not acknowledge that we have problems. FYI, there are over one thousand threads and almost 8000 posts in the mod forum (open to mod's only). We simply prefer not to beat up on each other in public. It's not professional.

When a mod/admin/staff crosses the line, the issues and circumstances are discussed at length. Now, in an uncivilized society, we'd bring all the dirt out in front and subject all our members (most who don't care about who is better then who) to that spectacle. If that is what you are expecting, this is not that kind of a forum.

As for mods sometimes deleting posts and threads, you have been here long enough to see the huge number of posts that we see every day and the amount of 'crap' (excuse my bangla) that some folks bring to the forum. Deleting those posts are sometimes mandated to ensure that we keep the forum PG and G - most people do not care about personal squables between other members and they appreciate being shielded. There are some who live for such incidents and jump into arguments that have nothing to do with them.

Finally, mods are human and yes, they do make mistakes. One would be either 'special' or an ego-maniac to state that s/he is a perfect human being and have NEVER made a mistake.

Last edited by Tehsin; January 20, 2007 at 09:04 PM..
Old January 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

As for the individual that has been bothering you - not sure if he realizes it. U2U him and without resorting to harshness, simply let the individual know that his sig needs a little tweaking. Go a step further and suggest a less confrontational sig. I have read your post before and youare a smart guy, I'm sure you won't have any problem engaging this individual in an adult discussion. Good luck. Let me know if it doesn't work you. I'll deal with it personally.

By the way, sometimes mods delete contents because members would u2u them about certain posts or posters - as you have done in your post - share their concerns about the post/poster. If they decide to remain unanimous, we do not share that info. However, we end up getting burnt and subjected to hostility. You get the picture.

Last edited by Tehsin; January 20, 2007 at 09:02 PM..
Old January 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I was off this issue the whole time. Today, I read the thread that started all this. Here is what I found, Arnab did not call anyone bostibashi, it was a cool humor, which apperently some members did not get. Shahriar went way over the line trying to impose Arnab did call someone bostibashi. Eventually Arnab had to do what I would have done, warned about a possible banning. That instead of stopping Shahriar, backfired and Shahriar started provoking Arnab for a ban and literally challenged him to ban. After that the ban was inevitable.

If you ask me, would Shahriar stop without a ban? My answer is no, he was only open to one answer, thats Arnab admitting he called someone bostibashi. This is a 7 day ban, soon he will back among us, nothing to worry.

Those of you who still posted Arnab was wrong and Shahriar was right, I really dont know how to calm you all down. All I can ask you is, let this one go, calm down, no one is here to get anyone, this is just a adda khana, lets keep things friendly. And please do not start a war against a mod/admin in public. If you belive any action by a mod or admin is inappropriate, please U2U one of the other 5 administrators (there is 6 of us: Zunaid, Tehsin, Chinaman, Arnab, Nasif and me). Be assued, we will discuss it among ourselves and give you back an answer.
Old January 20, 2007, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

I can understand why the staff or the mods or the owners of the site would try to diffuse the stutation. I am demoralised, to say the least.

It disgusts me to see the lenient attitude towards Arnab ... who in my opinion is the only one that has been maverick enough to be banned.

This is not to say that Arab should be banned, but he is the only one that deserves to be.

Feel free to give me the Shahryier treatment if if you want to. There is a life outside banglacricket, there is a life outside internet.

I codemn this unfair attitude of the people in control of BanglaCricket .
Old January 20, 2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I passed almost 1 hr by reading both thread,
ghum dite hobe...

baki gulo dese gie porbo............
Old January 20, 2007, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
It disgusts me to see the lenient attitude towards Arnab ... who in my opinion is the only one that has been maverick enough to be banned.

This is not to say that Arab should be banned, but he is the only one that deserves to be.
Excuse me?
Old January 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Why would you get the shahryar treatment for sharing your view in this ? Usually the ones that do get banned either bait other members or admins/mods for a while and do it to yank their chains. You on the other hand made one post and that too, out of frustration. The unfortunate thing is, the mods quickly delete those offending posts and when others look at the thread, guess what, looks like someone innocent just got canned for no reason. I have noticed some other folks make one very simple comment about an issue and add, ban me if you feel like it or feel free to ban me. That's the us vs them talk I am not too fond of. When feeling comes into play, wierd things happen. Things/actions that could even turn around and make the right look wrong. Sauron da, I am glad you brought your frustration out and shared with us. Unfortunately, you are not getting banned. That's not how that works. Sorry.
Old January 20, 2007, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
Here is what I found, Arnab did not call anyone bostibashi, it was a cool humor, which apperently some members did not get. Shahriar went way over the line trying to impose Arnab did call someone bostibashi. Eventually Arnab had to do what I would have done, warned about a possible banning. That instead of stopping Shahriar, backfired and Shahriar started provoking Arnab for a ban and literally challenged him to ban. After that the ban was inevitable.
Often moderators ban someone or block a thread without having posted in it. But in this case, as Arnab was an active participant in that thread, its appearing (rightly or wrongly) that he misused his administrator privileges to ban Shahryar.

Also, when 2 members are debating/arguing on any topic, its extremely unfair that one of them gets to suddenly pull out the "ban" card simply because he is an administrator and subsequently shuts up the other party under the guise of "breaking forum rules", but in reality only banning him because he had a beef with him in that thread or in previous arguments.

One way to avoid such cases is to allow a moderator who is NOT a participant in that thread to take any disciplinary action. I don't remember many prior instances of banning people that raised such outrage/condemnation from general BC Members. Surely we all cant be wrong?

Also Arnab has pretty strong views on a lot of topics unlike Chinaman, Zunaid Bhai or Mahmood. So that may make many members (rightly or wrongly) to suspect that he is using his banning power against people with opposing views. Its not possible for Arnab or anyone else to just say "Hey, you are ungrateful to India for 1971 so I will ban you". But such prejudices may spill over in later threads.

I apologize if I am wrong in any of this. I do appreciate that the mods have a huge task on their hands, and its to their credit that BC is one of the cleanest and most mature Forums out there.
Old January 21, 2007, 12:07 AM
Banned

Arnab might have lost his cool quite some time back. And Chinaman never had it.

What's up with them two - why are they so different from Tehsin, Bro Z, Rajputro & Nasif?

Not sure what Raj and Nasif's political allegience is, but in regards to loving Awami league, here is how the loyalty level pans out, starting with the most,

1. Arnab
2 Chinaman
3. Tehsin, bro Z
4. Raj
5. Nasif

...just playin a game.
Old January 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Excuse me?
Arnaaaab, I also think you should be banned for 7 days, in the least.
Old January 21, 2007, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Often moderators ban someone or block a thread without having posted in it. But in this case, as Arnab was an active participant in that thread, its appearing (rightly or wrongly) that he misused his administrator privileges to ban Shahryar.

Also, when 2 members are debating/arguing on any topic, its extremely unfair that one of them gets to suddenly pull out the "ban" card simply because he is an administrator and subsequently shuts up the other party under the guise of "breaking forum rules", but in reality only banning him because he had a beef with him in that thread or in previous arguments.

One way to avoid such cases is to allow a moderator who is NOT a participant in that thread to take any disciplinary action. I don't remember many prior instances of banning people that raised such outrage/condemnation from general BC Members. Surely we all cant be wrong?

Also Arnab has pretty strong views on a lot of topics unlike Chinaman, Zunaid Bhai or Mahmood. So that may make many members (rightly or wrongly) to suspect that he is using his banning power against people with opposing views. Its not possible for Arnab or anyone else to just say "Hey, you are ungrateful to India for 1971 so I will ban you". But such prejudices may spill over in later threads.

I apologize if I am wrong in any of this. I do appreciate that the mods have a huge task on their hands, and its to their credit that BC is one of the cleanest and most mature Forums out there.
Look, there's no need for this much tena pechani. I have already explicitly explained why I banned him. And those are exactly the reasons why I did it. There's no need for ajaira speculative psycho-analysis of everybody's mind states and how the ban will be perceived by some people who have nothing better to do.

Move on.
Old January 21, 2007, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit
Arnab might have lost his cool quite some time back. And Chinaman never had it.
LOL! Out of all people, you shouldn't comment on sanity.
Old January 21, 2007, 12:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Since when people are getting this serious? BC was a cool place, apparently it is deteriorating. Thank god people like Fazal and BabuBangla bhai are still around.

Let mods and admins do their job. If you are not happy with one of the mod's/admin's action then let that person know or contact Tehsin bhai or Mahmood bhai. It is better to contact the particular mod/admin who took the action and explain or clarify on your part. When I say you can contact Tehsin / Mahmood bhai, I DO NOT MEAN FOR EVERY OTHER THING. When you not happy you can always complain but there is NO NEED to run a campaign or "onneshion" here. Always remember, BC's heart and soul is its member that includes the mods and admins as well.

So, for now just calm down a bit. Take a chill-pill and chillax!
Old January 21, 2007, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Here's a chill-pill for members, mods, staff, admins, owners and guests alike.
Old January 21, 2007, 01:29 AM
Retired BC Admin

I'm going to post some comments on this issue soon. I got the points. Locking this thread now. Please be patient.

Thanks you very much for your continuing support and help.
Closed Thread