facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 6, 2007, 03:36 PM
Shafin's Avatar
Shafin Shafin is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 31, 2006
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 3,015
Talking Blockade and students

most of The politicians who call them has their sons/daughters studying in foreign soil.While they will graduate in 3.5 years,we will need 6.

What a reason to celebrate!!
__________________
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old January 7, 2007, 05:45 AM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
most of The politicians who call them has their sons/daughters studying in foreign soil.While they will graduate in 3.5 years,we will need 6.

What a reason to celebrate!!
Do u think the main reason for them graduating in 6 years is national strikes called by political parties?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 7, 2007, 06:07 AM
Omio's Avatar
Omio Omio is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me
Posts: 4,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
Do u think the main reason for them graduating in 6 years is national strikes called by political parties?
I dont think so,
there r a lot of reason for this stupid thing,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 7, 2007, 07:07 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,583

Why done you guys elaborate on the reasons then for the other people who think that hartals and blockades are the main reason for the delay ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 7, 2007, 07:43 AM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Why done you guys elaborate on the reasons then for the other people who think that hartals and blockades are the main reason for the delay ?
Reluctance of teachers to grade.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,965

I think one reason could be students have too much power. Only country on earth where students postpones exams because of World Cup. May Allah give them some guidance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 7, 2007, 08:36 AM
cricket_dorshok's Avatar
cricket_dorshok cricket_dorshok is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 16, 2006
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq
Posts: 3,563

To me two main reasons (others too but very minor):
one reason is the topic of the thread and another one is politicalization of the educational institutes. almost all the teachers, empolyes (few exception) of the pubilic educational institutions (actually all the public institution) are musclemen of ceratin political quarter.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 7, 2007, 09:17 AM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Students in BD are too involved in politics. Yes, yes we need young blood, but most of these "students" are buira dhamras anyway. High unemployment rate, hard-work and poor wages don't really help motivate them either.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Students in BD are too involved in politics. Yes, yes we need young blood, but most of these "students" are buira dhamras anyway. High unemployment rate, hard-work and poor wages don't really help motivate them either.
Not to mention a lot of them suck in their studies. They just remain students for the sake of doing student politics.

Should be jailed the whole lot of them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 7, 2007, 01:32 PM
Shafin's Avatar
Shafin Shafin is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 31, 2006
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
Do u think the main reason for them graduating in 6 years is national strikes called by political parties?
It is one of the reasons.
If the political parties are not present in the scene,we are dumb enough to make it ourselves.

However,in case of the univarsity I study in,I can not blame the teachers for the delay,they really try their best.It's us students who cause this delay.
But now when the process was going on smoothly,suddenly all those parties come in.We already lost two of our 14 allocated weeks this term,the term therefore has been extended to 16 weeks,and it seems like it might just have to extend a lot more
__________________
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 7, 2007, 02:27 PM
afrina's Avatar
afrina afrina is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 17, 2006
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 290

U guys r talking about public university and college, but what's abt with us who r in private university? We r paying a lot more than them and we r suffering very much. We need to finish our semester in 15 weeks and if this bolckage continue we have class in even friday. At the end of last semester we need to cut off our syllabus......... what is the meaning of that?????

And now we r not sure whether the semester will start at the right time or not. We r paying our life...............
__________________
Perfect Practice Makes A Man Perfect ------- Jonty Rhodes
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 7, 2007, 10:30 PM
gatekeeper gatekeeper is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 1, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
They just remain students for the sake of doing student politics.

Only a handful of them, the rest are pretty much hostage to the politicians. The average student is stuck in the middle, caught in the crossfire, as it were.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
U guys r talking about public university and college, but what's abt with us who r in private university? We r paying a lot more than them and we r suffering very much. We need to finish our semester in 15 weeks and if this bolckage continue we have class in even friday. At the end of last semester we need to cut off our syllabus......... what is the meaning of that?????

And now we r not sure whether the semester will start at the right time or not. We r paying our life...............
We are talking about public colleges. Private college students get affected but still graduate in 4 years
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 8, 2007, 05:12 AM
Shafin's Avatar
Shafin Shafin is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 31, 2006
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
U guys r talking about public university and college, but what's abt with us who r in private university? We r paying a lot more than them and we r suffering very much. We need to finish our semester in 15 weeks and if this bolckage continue we have class in even friday. At the end of last semester we need to cut off our syllabus......... what is the meaning of that?????

And now we r not sure whether the semester will start at the right time or not. We r paying our life...............
The problem is, a lot of money is paid for us also,but that is not readily visible.Our univarsity has the best lab facilities in the country,and when I say the best,I mean it.No private Univarity,with the sort of money that they are taking from the students,have been able to come a close second in that regard.The reason? Those public Univarsities are highly subsidized,by governments,and in some cases,by former students.While the former students do it as a part of their love for their country,they hope better output from this,rather than seeing the Lab built by their money remaining unused for months because for some crap reason,the univarsity is closed.

We have the best teachers,and do you know how much we pay per year?I paid less than 2000 tk for the last level I completed.The government provides all the salaries of the staff,faculty,the money required to build these Labs and the money required for infra-stuctural expansion.If you have a moderately good result,you can even easily end up with some scholerships that makes the balance of payment toward you at the end of the graduation.

So where all those moneys come to the government? It's the money your father is paying as taxes,my father
is paying as taxes,the expats are contributing as remittances.Its the meney of th mass people,even the Rickshaw-wala who drives you to the univarsity,has his share on it,he pays taxes as the registration fee for
his rickshaw.So in your case,its your father's money you are spoiling,and in my case,it's the money of the mass people.The money paid by them to the government in the hope that we will bring them a better
future,just like your father paid the money for a better future of your family.Our source is bigger,our
responsibilies are also bigger.AND WE ARE ALSO DUMBER.We lose no time in finding excuses to postpone
classes,its a bad but somewhat estublished tradition.And the politcal parties are highly responsible for that
tradition.Prior to our independence,most of the graduations were completed in time,and the situation
detoriorated after that,reached its peak in Ershad era.

However,recently the introduction of private universities have started to bring sense to some of us,and
hopefully,the number is increasing.So maybe I shall not be able to graduate in 4 years,but I sure believe the
next generation after me will do that,for the belief that 15 crore people of an impoverished country has placed on us can not go wrong,we must eventually pay them back,one day,with a country that will be able to pay for the higher education of not only a selected few,but of the children of all the citizens.
__________________
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 8, 2007, 10:45 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.Our univarsity has the best lab facilities in the country,and when I say the best,I mean it.
Ok.... [fush .... fush ....pumping the ballon....]


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
No private Univarity,with the sort of money that they are taking from the students,have been able to come a close second in that regard.
Ah...hah [fush .... fush ...pumping more air...]


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
We have the best teachers,and do you know how much we pay per year?
Ok Sir we believe you...[fush .... fush ...khaise mone hoi.....]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
I paid less than 2000 tk for the last level I completed.The government provides all the salaries of the staff,faculty,the money required to build these Labs and the money required for infra-stuctural expansion.
What a deal ... What a deal.... [fush .... fush.... please are na...]


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
So where all those moneys come to the government? It's the money your father is paying as taxes,my father is paying as taxes,the expats are contributing as remittances.
You made a good case that every thing has a cost: some are apparent some are hidden [.... fush.... fush...oh no..... stop it now before it's too late]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
Its the meney of th mass people,even the Rickshaw-wala who drives you to the univarsity,has his share on it,he pays taxes as the registration fee for
his rickshaw..
I get your point.... all BUET students should now feel guilty...
[.... fush.... fush...I gave up hope... don't blame me... I warned you...]


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
Our source is bigger,our responsibilies are also bigger.AND WE ARE ALSO DUMBER.We lose no time in finding excuses to postpone classes,its a bad but somewhat estublished tradition.And the politcal parties are highly responsible for that tradition. ..
Soo nice of you for thinking about the bigger picture.... about the urge to give the society back something in return....
[.... fush.... fush......Bhai re... keep some sapce to give the final gittu to the ballon...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
.
However,recently the introduction of private universities have started to bring sense to some of us,and hopefully,the number is increasing.So maybe I shall not be able to graduate in 4 years,but I sure believe the next generation after me will do that,for the belief that 15 crore people of an impoverished country has placed on us can not go wrong,we must eventually pay them back,one day,with a country that will be able to pay for the higher education of not only a selected few,but of the children of all the citizens.
Great to know that you think that way. [ .... ahh ... atlast no more pumping]


But past history (after 1980s) tells us after their gradualtion, most of the cream of the crops who managed to go abroad for higher studies, decides to stay abroad for the rest of thier career life.

[ Futthus !!!!!!!!!!! ...... bolselam na.... ato batach na ditey?]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 8, 2007, 11:04 AM
Shafin's Avatar
Shafin Shafin is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 31, 2006
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But past history (after 1980s) tells us after their gradualtion, most of the cream of the crops who managed to go abroad for higher studies, decides to stay abroad for the rest of thier career life.
The problem is,I am not in the cream,i'm in the cake itself.So little chance of being an expat after I finish

However,think of it in another light.Brain drain is brain gain also.While most of those who go abroad do not return,some of them does(Like Dr. Md. Yunus,he was a scholer in USA) and when they return,they bring with them the experience they could not gain in home and new knowledge.Even if they do not come back,they help by achieving great things with the name BD attached to them,Like F.R.Khan.And some of them help in taking more Bangladeshies abroad.While this is only the bright side of the picture,there's no trouble in being optimistic.
__________________
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 8, 2007, 03:09 PM
afrina's Avatar
afrina afrina is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 17, 2006
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 290

Most of the university teachers got degree from abroad,now teaching in local universities and I know some of my teacher who just through the oppurtunity to stay abroad just to serve the nation. So it totaly depends on the persons perseption.

Private university students also get the best teachers coz those best teachers used to take class in private university as a part timer........so.........
__________________
Perfect Practice Makes A Man Perfect ------- Jonty Rhodes
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 8, 2007, 04:03 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
Private university students also get the best teachers coz those best teachers used to take class in private university as a part timer........so.........
Ya ... you are right....... but on the other it all depends which priv uni you are talking about: East-West Univ, North-South Univ, Up-Down Univ, Round and Round Univ or Chip Gola Univ. or even Banger Chata Univeristy.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo <---> Dhaka
Posts: 14,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
Reluctance of teachers to grade.
Polarized political environment in education IS the root.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 9, 2007, 04:33 AM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

which stems from the poor salaries they get

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Polarized political environment in education IS the root.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 9, 2007, 07:30 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo <---> Dhaka
Posts: 14,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
which stems from the poor salaries they get




Well, 'session jot' was exist even in Zia era. No private universities were there for teachers to be busy ( extra income ) with. And no need to say which power let them to be outlawed till date. Political clashes among students / non students forced long vacation those days, ant still now. Isn't it the root cause for 'session jot'?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 9, 2007, 02:49 PM
afrina's Avatar
afrina afrina is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 17, 2006
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 290

i'm talking about some top listed private university. not black listed one.
__________________
Perfect Practice Makes A Man Perfect ------- Jonty Rhodes
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Well, 'session jot' was exist even in Zia era. No private universities were there for teachers to be busy ( extra income ) with. And no need to say which power let them to be outlawed till date. Political clashes among students / non students forced long vacation those days, ant still now. Isn't it the root cause for 'session jot'?
Yeah it is.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket