facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 6, 2007, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Talking Blockade and students

most of The politicians who call them has their sons/daughters studying in foreign soil.While they will graduate in 3.5 years,we will need 6.

What a reason to celebrate!!

Old January 7, 2007, 05:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
most of The politicians who call them has their sons/daughters studying in foreign soil.While they will graduate in 3.5 years,we will need 6.

What a reason to celebrate!!
Do u think the main reason for them graduating in 6 years is national strikes called by political parties?
Old January 7, 2007, 06:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgun
Do u think the main reason for them graduating in 6 years is national strikes called by political parties?
I dont think so,
there r a lot of reason for this stupid thing,
Old January 7, 2007, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Why done you guys elaborate on the reasons then for the other people who think that hartals and blockades are the main reason for the delay ?
Old January 7, 2007, 07:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Why done you guys elaborate on the reasons then for the other people who think that hartals and blockades are the main reason for the delay ?
Reluctance of teachers to grade.
Old January 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I think one reason could be students have too much power. Only country on earth where students postpones exams because of World Cup. May Allah give them some guidance.
Old January 7, 2007, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

To me two main reasons (others too but very minor):
one reason is the topic of the thread and another one is politicalization of the educational institutes. almost all the teachers, empolyes (few exception) of the pubilic educational institutions (actually all the public institution) are musclemen of ceratin political quarter.
Old January 7, 2007, 09:17 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Students in BD are too involved in politics. Yes, yes we need young blood, but most of these "students" are buira dhamras anyway. High unemployment rate, hard-work and poor wages don't really help motivate them either.
Old January 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Students in BD are too involved in politics. Yes, yes we need young blood, but most of these "students" are buira dhamras anyway. High unemployment rate, hard-work and poor wages don't really help motivate them either.
Not to mention a lot of them suck in their studies. They just remain students for the sake of doing student politics.

Should be jailed the whole lot of them.
Old January 7, 2007, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It is one of the reasons.
If the political parties are not present in the scene,we are dumb enough to make it ourselves.

However,in case of the univarsity I study in,I can not blame the teachers for the delay,they really try their best.It's us students who cause this delay.
But now when the process was going on smoothly,suddenly all those parties come in.We already lost two of our 14 allocated weeks this term,the term therefore has been extended to 16 weeks,and it seems like it might just have to extend a lot more
Old January 7, 2007, 02:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

U guys r talking about public university and college, but what's abt with us who r in private university? We r paying a lot more than them and we r suffering very much. We need to finish our semester in 15 weeks and if this bolckage continue we have class in even friday. At the end of last semester we need to cut off our syllabus......... what is the meaning of that?????

And now we r not sure whether the semester will start at the right time or not. We r paying our life...............
Old January 7, 2007, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
They just remain students for the sake of doing student politics.

Only a handful of them, the rest are pretty much hostage to the politicians. The average student is stuck in the middle, caught in the crossfire, as it were.
Old January 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
U guys r talking about public university and college, but what's abt with us who r in private university? We r paying a lot more than them and we r suffering very much. We need to finish our semester in 15 weeks and if this bolckage continue we have class in even friday. At the end of last semester we need to cut off our syllabus......... what is the meaning of that?????

And now we r not sure whether the semester will start at the right time or not. We r paying our life...............
We are talking about public colleges. Private college students get affected but still graduate in 4 years
Old January 8, 2007, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

The problem is, a lot of money is paid for us also,but that is not readily visible.Our univarsity has the best lab facilities in the country,and when I say the best,I mean it.No private Univarity,with the sort of money that they are taking from the students,have been able to come a close second in that regard.The reason? Those public Univarsities are highly subsidized,by governments,and in some cases,by former students.While the former students do it as a part of their love for their country,they hope better output from this,rather than seeing the Lab built by their money remaining unused for months because for some crap reason,the univarsity is closed.

We have the best teachers,and do you know how much we pay per year?I paid less than 2000 tk for the last level I completed.The government provides all the salaries of the staff,faculty,the money required to build these Labs and the money required for infra-stuctural expansion.If you have a moderately good result,you can even easily end up with some scholerships that makes the balance of payment toward you at the end of the graduation.

So where all those moneys come to the government? It's the money your father is paying as taxes,my father
is paying as taxes,the expats are contributing as remittances.Its the meney of th mass people,even the Rickshaw-wala who drives you to the univarsity,has his share on it,he pays taxes as the registration fee for
his rickshaw.So in your case,its your father's money you are spoiling,and in my case,it's the money of the mass people.The money paid by them to the government in the hope that we will bring them a better
future,just like your father paid the money for a better future of your family.Our source is bigger,our
responsibilies are also bigger.AND WE ARE ALSO DUMBER.We lose no time in finding excuses to postpone
classes,its a bad but somewhat estublished tradition.And the politcal parties are highly responsible for that
tradition.Prior to our independence,most of the graduations were completed in time,and the situation
detoriorated after that,reached its peak in Ershad era.

However,recently the introduction of private universities have started to bring sense to some of us,and
hopefully,the number is increasing.So maybe I shall not be able to graduate in 4 years,but I sure believe the
next generation after me will do that,for the belief that 15 crore people of an impoverished country has placed on us can not go wrong,we must eventually pay them back,one day,with a country that will be able to pay for the higher education of not only a selected few,but of the children of all the citizens.
Old January 8, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
.Our univarsity has the best lab facilities in the country,and when I say the best,I mean it.
Ok.... [fush .... fush ....pumping the ballon....]

Quote:
No private Univarity,with the sort of money that they are taking from the students,have been able to come a close second in that regard.
Ah...hah [fush .... fush ...pumping more air...]

Quote:
We have the best teachers,and do you know how much we pay per year?
Ok Sir we believe you...[fush .... fush ...khaise mone hoi.....]

Quote:
I paid less than 2000 tk for the last level I completed.The government provides all the salaries of the staff,faculty,the money required to build these Labs and the money required for infra-stuctural expansion.
What a deal ... What a deal.... [fush .... fush.... please are na...]

Quote:
So where all those moneys come to the government? It's the money your father is paying as taxes,my father is paying as taxes,the expats are contributing as remittances.
You made a good case that every thing has a cost: some are apparent some are hidden [.... fush.... fush...oh no..... stop it now before it's too late]

Quote:
Its the meney of th mass people,even the Rickshaw-wala who drives you to the univarsity,has his share on it,he pays taxes as the registration fee for
his rickshaw..
I get your point.... all BUET students should now feel guilty...
[.... fush.... fush...I gave up hope... don't blame me... I warned you...]

Quote:
Our source is bigger,our responsibilies are also bigger.AND WE ARE ALSO DUMBER.We lose no time in finding excuses to postpone classes,its a bad but somewhat estublished tradition.And the politcal parties are highly responsible for that tradition. ..
Soo nice of you for thinking about the bigger picture.... about the urge to give the society back something in return....
[.... fush.... fush......Bhai re... keep some sapce to give the final gittu to the ballon...]

Quote:
However,recently the introduction of private universities have started to bring sense to some of us,and hopefully,the number is increasing.So maybe I shall not be able to graduate in 4 years,but I sure believe the next generation after me will do that,for the belief that 15 crore people of an impoverished country has placed on us can not go wrong,we must eventually pay them back,one day,with a country that will be able to pay for the higher education of not only a selected few,but of the children of all the citizens.
Great to know that you think that way. [ .... ahh ... atlast no more pumping]

But past history (after 1980s) tells us after their gradualtion, most of the cream of the crops who managed to go abroad for higher studies, decides to stay abroad for the rest of thier career life.

[ Futthus !!!!!!!!!!! ...... bolselam na.... ato batach na ditey?]
Old January 8, 2007, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But past history (after 1980s) tells us after their gradualtion, most of the cream of the crops who managed to go abroad for higher studies, decides to stay abroad for the rest of thier career life.
The problem is,I am not in the cream,i'm in the cake itself.So little chance of being an expat after I finish

However,think of it in another light.Brain drain is brain gain also.While most of those who go abroad do not return,some of them does(Like Dr. Md. Yunus,he was a scholer in USA) and when they return,they bring with them the experience they could not gain in home and new knowledge.Even if they do not come back,they help by achieving great things with the name BD attached to them,Like F.R.Khan.And some of them help in taking more Bangladeshies abroad.While this is only the bright side of the picture,there's no trouble in being optimistic.
Old January 8, 2007, 03:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Most of the university teachers got degree from abroad,now teaching in local universities and I know some of my teacher who just through the oppurtunity to stay abroad just to serve the nation. So it totaly depends on the persons perseption.

Private university students also get the best teachers coz those best teachers used to take class in private university as a part timer........so.........
Old January 8, 2007, 04:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Private university students also get the best teachers coz those best teachers used to take class in private university as a part timer........so.........
Ya ... you are right....... but on the other it all depends which priv uni you are talking about: East-West Univ, North-South Univ, Up-Down Univ, Round and Round Univ or Chip Gola Univ. or even Banger Chata Univeristy.
Old January 9, 2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Reluctance of teachers to grade.
Polarized political environment in education IS the root.
Old January 9, 2007, 04:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

which stems from the poor salaries they get

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Polarized political environment in education IS the root.
Old January 9, 2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
which stems from the poor salaries they get

Well, 'session jot' was exist even in Zia era. No private universities were there for teachers to be busy ( extra income ) with. And no need to say which power let them to be outlawed till date. Political clashes among students / non students forced long vacation those days, ant still now. Isn't it the root cause for 'session jot'?
Old January 9, 2007, 02:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

i'm talking about some top listed private university. not black listed one.
Old January 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Well, 'session jot' was exist even in Zia era. No private universities were there for teachers to be busy ( extra income ) with. And no need to say which power let them to be outlawed till date. Political clashes among students / non students forced long vacation those days, ant still now. Isn't it the root cause for 'session jot'?
Yeah it is.