facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2013, 03:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riyad,musfiq

why on earth he is on the team , he drop important catches which lead 100 extra runs , plus he is a betrayer

Old April 18, 2013, 11:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

played some very good shots,good comeback innings but didnt last long.
he needs to understand that he has to play a good inn otherwise if Tamim returns for the 2nd Test SN will be dropped.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 18, 2013, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
played some very good shots,good comeback innings but didnt last long.
he needs to understand that he has to play a good inn otherwise if Tamim returns for the 2nd Test SN will be dropped.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
If SN plays really well then Jahurul will be dropped. There's no way Tamim will be dropped.....his batting record and connection, Akram mama, is too good.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipon1989
why on earth he is on the team , he drop important catches which lead 100 extra runs , plus he is a betrayer
So that was the reason for your heartburn? Ei kothata shora suri balleyee hoto.

The reason he is in the team is for: a) Tamim's injury; b) Juniad or Imrul is not in the team; c) Unavailability of Anamul; d) No other options.

Yes he may not be the long term solution, unless he solves his obviuos problems quickly, but still he providing something woith the bat for now ( better than nothing).

About Fielding, yes it is pathetic ... reminds me of Rafiq's fielding. But there are other culprits also in the team including Ashraful, Jahirul, Abul (last series) etc. I think the fielding area overall is kind of getting ignored (when selecting a player) and/or not coached properly.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

He did do the job in seeing off the new ball and playing positively but he walked out of the job not even half way. He needed to stay there at the end of the day's play. With the 2 drops, and not scoring a 50, I'd say he's behind Jahurul for the 2nd opener's spot for the next Test. The next innings could possibly be a career decider for him.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:45 AM
Banned

Hope Nafees can score century in second innings
Old April 18, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cricket Guru

He did well, he scored in the 20's max, which he is good for.
Old April 18, 2013, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He should go back to his bat cleaning business. Test cricket is not for sissies.
Old April 18, 2013, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafis r koto 30 run korba ?? C'mon its your favorite Team Zimbos.. Not everyone's luck is as good as Ashraful remember
Old April 18, 2013, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

A kitty dies everytime Mofees gets picked. What a joke.
And this, at the expense of a guy who did absolutely nothing wrong to get dropped.
Ashraful and Jahirul could've easily opened. Why is this guy anywhere near the team?
Old April 18, 2013, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Hope Nafees can score century in second innings
And you think that would be good for the team in the long run?

If he gets some 50 odd in the second innings I'll just bang my head on the desk and die
Old April 18, 2013, 12:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

He should play BPL and BD domestic league only !!
Old April 18, 2013, 01:07 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Remember team management picked Nafees ahead of Mominul!! They could've easily bumped Ash as an opener and played Mominul at 3, especially as it would be a one-off.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Remember team management picked Nafees ahead of Mominul!! They could've easily bumped Ash as an opener and played Mominul at 3, especially as it would be a one-off.
Ash as opener ? What is his average after playing 60 test innings?

Let him re-establish himself as a #3 first. By that I didn't meant one 150+ score and he establish himself, he needs to perform with consistency before you think about changing his role as opener.

Yes I also would like to see Mominul, but he may have to wait.

Yes I agree that we need to have a standard based on performance when we drop a player and we should enforce it ( ... as some people are asking to deop SN, Ryiad, etc to make room for Mominul). And I agree with them. But the problem is we already set up a very low thresh hold and by following that standard, we have to wait years before we can drop Ryiad or SN.

How many years we were waiting patiently for Ashraful to perform consistently? And that's the problem my friend .... basically dropping any senior players from the team is not easy based on the standard that we establsihed.

So I guess Mominul need to wait and rot in the sideline before he get another chance. that the price we pay for letting BCB to set that standard so low.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:34 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

^^^not opener in the long run. I meant for this Test only considering Tamim should be back for the 2nd Test. We picked an out of form player over a guy who averaged 50+ in his debut series. I feel we've missed a trick by dropping Mominul.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
Club Cricketer

SN would never learn, Zimb didn't bowl that well, but if they were bowling like Rabiul, we may already lost 3 wickets. Both the openers look like playing T20. Someday they score 30/40 and another day they are gone. How long will we tolerate this kind of players. Since Zahurul is relatively new in the team, we can give him some time but SN shouldn't be around the team at all.

The bad part is when players throw their bat everywhere, that affects the other batsman and if it is the case of Ashraful, he will also start flashing like today. Luckily Ash survived today. Unlike SN/Ullah/Zahurul, Ash is unbelievably talented, his defense is also good. SN today almost screwed up Ash too by setting example. I think every player should warn Ash because you never know.

In fact, I do not know what is the problem with these old players like SN, Zahurul, Mahmud Ullah (I didn't name Tamim, Shakib since they are somewhat consistent), once they gets beaten, they start to throw their bat at everything like gung-ho approach. Selector should have understood long back that SN do not have a defense that's why he throws his bat at everything. Someday he looks good like today and makes a 30-40-ish score, but most of the time, he gets dismiss cheaply.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

he played some glorious shots today. so until we get someone better at #2 (#1 position is for Tamim if fit), he can play the role as opener. Bijoy can be tested in #2 as sir ash is currently holding #3 position (i hope he can stay there for a long time)
Old April 18, 2013, 01:55 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Kichui bolar nai. 1/2 ta good shot khellei test batsman hoywa jay na...
Old April 18, 2013, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
A kitty dies everytime Mofees gets picked. What a joke. And this, at the expense of a guy who did absolutely nothing wrong to get dropped. Ashraful and Jahirul could've easily opened. Why is this guy anywhere near the team?
It's one thing to not like a player but it's another to hate him so much that you are willing to go with the risk of playing Ash an opener especially in his 2nd coming. That strategy is wrong in two folds; you are risking Ash's new found form at #3, which may not last too long but GOD forbid we should take any chances, and break his confidence as well as risking everyone's (before Mominul) settled batting order. Imo, selectors just went with damage control without disturbing the bating order too much. If SN gets a 75+ runs in two innings he's done his job.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if it was going to just be for one test match i personally would have tested out a promosing youngster such as maybe shamsur or soumya. tamim will slot right back in, i expect jahurul to take the 2nd opener spot next match ahead of SN. if SN pulls out a ton in the next innings then probably the selectors would go with SN though i reckon they'd be better off continuing with jahurul to see whether he can start to convert all his starts into bigger scores, afterall aren't they looking for a permanent 2nd opener? if they are then SN has been tried and tested for many years, jahurul needs a bit more time (this series and the next) to really find out if he should hold the 2nd opener spot long term or not.
Old April 18, 2013, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
if it was going to just be for one test match i personally would have tested out a promosing youngster such as maybe shamsur or soumya. tamim will slot right back in, i expect jahurul to take the 2nd opener spot next match ahead of SN. if SN pulls out a ton in the next innings then probably the selectors would go with SN though i reckon they'd be better off continuing with jahurul to see whether he can start to convert all his starts into bigger scores, afterall aren't they looking for a permanent 2nd opener? if they are then SN has been tried and tested for many years, jahurul needs a bit more time (this series and the next) to really find out if he should hold the 2nd opener spot long term or not.
Losing against Zim is a carnal sin and therefore should be avoided at any cost. Selectors don't want to make Zim series, especially first test, as an experimental one; too much risk with their jobs on the line. And I'm not too sure if the selectors are really looking to have a permanent opener in Jahurul yet until or unless he shows a lot of promise.

SN is young enough, yes still, to give selectors the hope of a 2nd or 3rd or a nth coming if he does end up scoring a ton in the 2nd inning.
Old April 18, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Kichui bolar nai. 1/2 ta good shot khellei test batsman hoywa jay na...
jodi 1/2 shot kheile test batsman howa jaito ..... taile ami jante chai kake mama banaile next test e khelar chance pabo .......

1/2 ta shot inshallah amio marte parbo
Old April 18, 2013, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Losing against Zim is a carnal sin and therefore should be avoided at any cost. Selectors don't want to make Zim series, especially first test, as an experimental one; too much risk with their jobs on the line. And I'm not too sure if the selectors are really looking to have a permanent opener in Jahurul yet until or unless he shows a lot of promise.

SN is young enough, yes still, to give selectors the hope of a 2nd or 3rd or a nth coming if he does end up scoring a ton in the 2nd inning.
i'm not saying SN can't make it as a test match player but he really needs to work on a lot of issues, he's had a lot of years at this level to work on these issues and still hasn't fixed them. as far as picking SN ahead of a youngster because due to not wanting to risk something or lose, well it's not like SN is a great or even solid test match player, he's not been a standout in domestic FC cricket recently above anyone else either so would there really be much difference between picking SN over an up and coming youngster?
Old April 18, 2013, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
as far as picking SN ahead of a youngster because due to not wanting to risk something or lose, well it's not like SN is a great or even solid test match player, he's not been a standout in domestic FC cricket recently above anyone else either so would there really be much difference between picking SN over an up and coming youngster?
I agree in terms of talent and technique but it's his experience and previous achievements (same reason Ash was picked over Marshall for SL series) against Zim that made him a front runner.
Old April 18, 2013, 09:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I agree in terms of talent and technique but it's his experience and previous achievements (same reason Ash was picked over Marshall for SL series) against Zim that made him a front runner.
but ash actually has a solid set of skills, his problem is a lot to do with his mind, SN has more problems with his technique as well as his mind. i know why SN was picked but personally i would have gone for a youngster. i would have told them they have 1 match, it's a learning experience, it will do you good for the future, now go out and do your best. that one match for a youngster like shamsur or soumya could have done a world of good for them and therefore BD's future and imo it's at not much of a cost if SN was to be in their place anyway. if they do well then that will give them a lot of confidence, if they don't, then it's just one match and no damage done.