facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2017, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Why not Mahela Jayawaedene?
Andy Flower would be a good one.

Old November 9, 2017, 01:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
Among the names proposed above, I would prefer Kumble most. He is a strong character and that's why didn't go along with Kohli but we don't have a Kohli. However I think BCB can't afford him. Not sure if they can afford Flower either. Gillespie is eyeing the Aus coaching position after Lehman. So, he will want to be in the system and won't leave Australia.
We don't have a Kohli, but we have egotistical prima donas who will clash with Kumble in the opening months.
Old November 9, 2017, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

No point looking at Mahela or Moody. They are making much more money from their seasonal jobs (IPL, BPL. Moody has mentor/director roles with other T20 teams as well) than BCB can afford.

I am happy to see Hathuru leave. However, BCB should negotiate with SLC to ensure he joins the team after BD-SL series.
Old November 9, 2017, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
"Negotiation are going on with Chandika also. Though there are few others, most notably Dean Jones and Jason Gillespie, Chandika is the most likely to take over if everything goes well " A Top SLC official told Cricket Age.

The SLC is expected to finalize the Coach by January 2018.

https://www.cricketage.in/2017/11/08...i-lanka-coach/
Quote:
one Executive Committee Member confirmed the negotiations were successful and they will get Hathurusinghe even if BCB opposes

http://www.ceylontoday.lk/print20170...0.php?id=33747
Looking at the eagerness of SLC to get Hathuru, I am assuming BCB will have to give a strong threat, if they want to delay Hathuru's appointment beyond next January-February (ie beyond BD-SL series).
Old November 9, 2017, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Looking at the eagerness of SLC to get Hathuru, I am assuming BCB will have to give a strong threat, if they want to delay Hathuru's appointment beyond next January-February (ie beyond BD-SL series).
Thats poor sportsmanship from BD. We should not need that to beat this SL side.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 9, 2017, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Good news. Next kick out Wash
Old November 9, 2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Good news. Next kick out Wash
^^^ that's bad wording! Disrespecting others will get you nowhere mate!
Old November 9, 2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Best of Luck Coach (except against us). I'm grateful to you for taking the all lost BD team (WHICH WE TOO OFTEN FORGET) to heights that they have never achieved before. Made them believe in themselves. Thank you.
Well, he should get full credit for this. Also, Whitemore, Siddons, Shane and Law should be worthwhile to remember who has helped the process...
Old November 9, 2017, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru

SLC offered him $300K/year, which is $40K less than what BCB paying him. I highly doubt they will let him on vacation for one third of the year. He will be at a significant loss, but still way better than getting fired without a job, I guess.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...e_title=174716
Old November 9, 2017, 05:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The way I see it, Haturi has received a lot of criticism from the media. Half of it justified and half of it we dont know about. I agree with Papon.. anyone wouldve resigned. And I think talks with SLC was under the table already otherwise Haturi wouldnt make the decision that quickly.

Regardless, its a good move for everyone. But I hope BCB can retain him for the Lankan series. It would be suicidal to have him coach against us and specially when we dont have much time to find a coach either.
Old November 9, 2017, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Disagree with the idea. Hathuru had already created a very hostile environment in the dressing room. It will be more of a harm than benefit to ask him to stick around for this crucial home series. It will be better for us even if we have to relay on Sujon to handle the team for the series.

BCB should find other ways to negotiate with SLC and Hathuru to ensure Hathuru sits out the BD-SL series.
Old November 9, 2017, 06:29 PM

I am ok with that if they can negotiate with SLC to sit him out for the series. I guess you are right though.. with the current dressing room situation, it could turn out nasty. Maybe we can convince Moody to be the interim coach for the tour? He is an excellent candidate and maybe he might even consider staying in long term
Old November 9, 2017, 06:32 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Moody is coaching three different T20 teams around the world, acts as mentor/director for few more teams. He makes more money than Hathuru from IPL alone. Don't think BCB can afford him.

Mahela may be someone with a less cramped schedule, and may be a very good choice as an interim coach against SL
Old November 9, 2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
^^ Moody is coaching three different T20 teams around the world, acts as mentor/director for few more teams. He makes more money than Hathuru from IPL alone. Don't think BCB can afford him.

Mahela may be someone with a less cramped schedule, and may be a very good choice as an interim coach against SL
Mahela would love the opportunity I think.. A shot at coaching an international side. And Lankans love proving a point against SLC
Old November 9, 2017, 08:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
We don't have a Kohli, but we have egotistical prima donas who will clash with Kumble in the opening months.
What I meant is we don't have someone with Kohli's stature. They would think twice to go against Kumble especially if someone has IPL aspiration, lol. Kumble himself was a star player, captain and coach of India team. Probably that's why BCB won't consider him either (apart from the affordability issue of course).
Old November 9, 2017, 08:33 PM
Test Cricketer

It's Hathuru's loss, not ours. His marriage with SLC won't last long based on what we know about him and SLC. Plus I bet he won't enjoy as much perks as BCB offered him. Time for BCB to find a coach with better man management skills. Aussies are generally good at that.
Old November 9, 2017, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
It's Hathuru's loss, not ours. His marriage with SLC won't last long based on what we know about him and SLC. Plus I bet he won't enjoy as much perks as BCB offered him. Time for BCB to find a coach with better man management skills. Aussies are generally good at that.
Exactly. Sri Lankan's are sympathizing with him, saying he is going to ruin his coaching credentials. They are saying he should have stayed with BD. If he couldnt get along with BCB, i must say good luck with him-SLC will be a roller coaster without seatbelts.
Old November 9, 2017, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Mahela would love the opportunity I think.. A shot at coaching an international side. And Lankans love proving a point against SLC
Mahela is a tactical coach. Precisely what he did with Mumbai Indians (And why they appointed him). Very good around established players, very good cricketing brain, and not afraid to assert himself when needed.

I feel we need more of coach who can develop a team and its individual players.

Of course tactics are important, but perhaps technical knowledge, man management should take precedence. What good are tactics when the basic skills are not there.
Old November 10, 2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Mahela is a tactical coach. Precisely what he did with Mumbai Indians (And why they appointed him). Very good around established players, very good cricketing brain, and not afraid to assert himself when needed.

I feel we need more of coach who can develop a team and its individual players.

Of course tactics are important, but perhaps technical knowledge, man management should take precedence. What good are tactics when the basic skills are not there.
I was talking about Mahela as the interim coach.. Thats why I said it would give him a shot at this level. Like you said, we need a more technical coach..
Old November 10, 2017, 01:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Hathuru apparently offered his resignation last year October as well. That was the point his relationship with seniors started to get very sour. Also, that was prolly the point he started to realize he does not really know how to help young, talented yet inconsistent, players like Soumya, Sabbir, and Jubair to progress. Performance of our ODI team became pretty bad - only four wins out of 16 ODIs we played against G9 teams since then. He knew it was his time to go, but Papon didn't agree.
Old November 10, 2017, 07:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

No point in keeping Hathuru for another series, it'll be dangerous given the environment in the dressing room. Look for another good coach and in the meantime let any local coach handle the team, even if its Sujon.
Old November 10, 2017, 08:06 AM
Cricket Legend

He gave up in South Africa. Showed in the performance-it all makes sense now. It will be no different if he is somehow "Dramatically" asked to stay on for one more series. His mind is made up, he aint coming back.
Old November 10, 2017, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hathuru apparently offered his resignation last year October as well. That was the point his relationship with seniors started to get very sour. Also, that was prolly the point he started to realize he does not really know how to help young, talented yet inconsistent, players like Soumya, Sabbir, and Jubair to progress. Performance of our ODI team became pretty bad - only four wins out of 16 ODIs we played against G9 teams since then. He knew it was his time to go, but Papon didn't agree.
I like this guy, his comments are very thorough and very logical.

One thing I didn't like about the way he ended it was this 'Childish' sort of exit - assuming we have the full story in our hand. To exit in a manner he did, it's not professional at all. This is not your local grocery store that you give a two week notice and you are all good. Well let bygones be bygones.
Old November 10, 2017, 08:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

please let him go, his mind and body is nowhere committed to coach BD at the moment, making him stay for one or two more series will do more harm than good
Old November 10, 2017, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Papoinna talks too damn much. Why are our administrators so amateurish when it comes to dealing with the media? The BCB media manager needs to figure out how to put these people on a short leash.