facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 26, 2017, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Default Lest We Forget-ANZAC DAY 2017

For those Australian members on BC, 25th Of April(Yesterday) was ANZAC Day......
Even though some us might not support it, I believe it is important to remember the lost soldiers of Gallipoli.

Lest We Forget

Old April 26, 2017, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Lest we forget.
Freedom thats what its all about.
Old April 26, 2017, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I think most Aussies dont really take in the full scope of things. Yes Aussies should pay respect for the soldiers that died but I think the whole idea of how they "defended our country" and defended "our freedom" is laughable. End of the day the aussie soldiers were young people who went to war because they wanted to travel the world and get paid. Not only that but they went to another land and fought people there purely because they allied with the West. It is not like Australia as a country was being attacked and those aussie soldiers were defending themselves and the country.

On top of that the things they did also contributed to the fall of the Ottoman Empire and basically the muslim world are still feeling the repercussions of those events to this very day. The way the British sliced and diced the Caliphate into different countries (i.e. the Sykes-Picot Agreement) and imposed democracy is the reason why the Middle East is in such disarray. And the way the British forced innocent Muslim Indians to fight the Ottomans is such pure evil. If the innocent Muslim Indians did not fight then they would have been killed by the British themselves. These are the type of countries that Australia allied with.
Old April 26, 2017, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

I think you are missing something Bengali,the ongoing friendship between Turkey and Australia.Most countries can't say they have that respect.

Also the British used us as shock troops,and Australians were sent to fight,when nothing much could be achieved in Turkey.I think Simpson and his donkey is my endearing memory of Gallipoli.
We had much more success in France and with the light horse military brigade.
Yes WW1 was vested interests in it.

But ww2 Adolph Hitler was hellbent on destruction,and we got him before he got the bomb.

Yes Britain did not handle that well,the carve up,we all know that in retrospection.
Old April 26, 2017, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Apner jonmo ki Australiay silo naki ? Bangladesh thekey giya ekhon Anzac day celebrate koren?
Jottoshob
Old April 26, 2017, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

@Brockley

I'm a born and bred Aussie but the reason I say what I say is because the Aussie people are perpetually hit with propaganda without realizing it. Not only that but it's funny when I studied history in high school it was so biased in terms of Aussies and British being painted as saints. Not only that but it was sad that me being muslim that I didn't even know that the The Ottoman Empire was a Muslim Caliphate. It was only doing research in my spare time where I discovered these things.

And then it hit me that it was as if history in high school did not want me to know the things that I know now. In this day and age people think of a Muslim Caliphate as evil and backward but the fact of the matter is that the world basically had a Muslim Caliphate for the last 1300 years and the Ottoman Empire was one of the powerful in history.

Muslim Caliphates have throughout history liberated persecuted Jews and Christians e.g from the Byzantine Empire. There is even testimonies from Jewish scholars at that time saying they had so much freedom under Muslim rule to the point where they thought they had more rights than the Muslim themselves. For more of this I urge you to read Adnan Rashid's book called "Islam's War on Terror"

So when people speak about radicalisation and terrorism etc. all of this is an offshoot of the disbanding of the Ottoman Empire. Because the Muslim world being in such disarray with no Caliphate is such a modern phenomena. Couple this with how The West have killed innocents in the Middle East this is how terrorism and radicalisation increases.

This is not a problem in the religion Islam rather its purely political and the day The West acknowledges that instead of blaming the religion Islam instead is the day we are one step closer to the solution.
Old April 27, 2017, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree with a lot of what you say,but looking at the Caliphate ask Europe which was dominated by the Caliphate and invaded,what was it like for the Europeans in the dark ages.
I have no problem with Turkey except its genocide of 1 million christians during ww1.
True you can't blame Islam for the extremists.But remember Isis and Osama Bin Laden popularity in the Middle east,anyway.

Yes Modern History is biased,I blame the curriculum.I did a dip ed,and did some lessons on the Anzacs.
Yes we shouldn't have been involved in ww1 or the Boer war,
If you look at history ww1 and ww2 were manufactured wars,with other players involved.
Remember Australia was a colony to 1901,and our people naive.
But they had good hearts and showed bravery at Gallopli against a more dominant Turkey.
Thats the spirit of the Anzacs.

As to islam Isis and Alqaeda,thats a different topic.
You take me as a moderate,and most the Muslims on here are moderates.Most Muslims in the west are moderates.
Moderates are not to blame for the sickness that is Isis.
But in the middle east their exists a culture,and in some areas in the west exists a culture,that lends to Islamic funadamentalism.And this fundamentalism is the basis for Isis and Alqaeda.

That said fundemanetalism and fundmentals is another thing,you can believe in the fundamentals of Islam without being a fundamentalist,like i believe in the fundamentals of the bible,moreso the new testament than actually being a fundamentalist christian.
Old April 27, 2017, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Ok lets back this up a notch, now this is why I believe the Anzac Ideal is false/spoonfed to the public

1. Australia Invaded Turkey, slaughtered

A famous professor/historian Mark McKenna disputes the notion that the character traits that supposedly define the Anzac spirit are uniquely and demonstrably Australian, arguing that these virtues are in fact universal, being "found in Palestine and Iraq, in Darfur and East Timor, in Afghanistan and Zimbabwe."

So why should the ANZAC spirit be idolised by just one country, You expect to Invade a peaceful nation, do you expect them to greet you with open arms, when you try to take their land, In war feeling of mateship and bonds are nothing new, just because australia experienced it doesn`t make it special

There are more other reasons, why should we celebrate a day, when a peaceful nation like Turkey was invaded by Australian`s yet, they are made to be seen as the enemy when they simply defended their own land. These are the facts the Australian media won`t tell you.Instead, we focus on how this atrocity shaped our nation? Shaped really.... The Western Front was much more bloody had much more significance and we actually achieved something, compared to the suicide expedition of Gallipoli.

Then there is the fact of why Australians went to war, they did because they sought it as a medium for adventure and fun.Australia experienced war for the first time.The supposed ANZAC spirit is universal, thus it does not make it special
Old April 27, 2017, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

As i stated we were a new nation,and the spirit and bravery of the soldiers who were shock troops lets not forgive Kitchener.I guess legends arose,and yes we were more successful in Europe.
But their are tales of bravery in every war true,whether the war just or unjust,
Um Turkey was in collaboration with Germany an allie,so they were already at war.
It wasn't a pre emptive stike on an innocent nation..

To be honest I wish we had the same or greater focus on easter,obvious reasons really.
Is it peculiar to Australia probably but we were nobodies to ww1.
I think Australia and Turkey have a relationship other nations don't have.
You don't see Japan or America linking up closely because of Hiroshima.Or Iran or Iraq on their former war,and so on and so on.

On mateship their is a deep undercurrent in the Aussie psychie,may be universal,but we wouldn't be talking England and mateship so much ,its a class society like India.Yes their were tales of mateship with the Anzac spirit.

In the end Australia is a pretty good place to live,whether you agree with the Anzac legend or not.
If it is more legend than fact,then thats a detailed paper my friend.
Old April 27, 2017, 11:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Apner jonmo ki Australiay silo naki ? Bangladesh thekey giya ekhon Anzac day celebrate koren?
Jottoshob
lol....

I just realized you have all the ingredients to be that uncle we all wanna avoid in desi parties.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 27, 2017, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-abdel-magied
How you guys feel about this?
Or is it why the thread was started?
Old April 28, 2017, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
lol....

I just realized you have all the ingredients to be that uncle we all wanna avoid in desi parties.
Apney ki bidesi naki ?
Old April 29, 2017, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

The Ottoman Empire was basically an empty egg-shell by the time WW1 started, heck you can argue they were a fraction of what they were (1500s) by the 1700s/1800s kept alive by the British and French to serve as a buffer against the Russians who were beating them left right and center