facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2020, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

The sooner people realise a few fluke innings in the BPL doesn't mean international quality the better. Players like Mahedi should be nowhere near the international scene. Para cricketer at best.

Old January 19, 2020, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Domingo will have to work with a shadow coaching staff for the tour.

I would not worry so much about most of them, as there will be hardly any time for training. But Srini plays a vital role in game plans and coming up with counter strategies for the opponent. Perhaps Domingo should keep him in the loop through Skype.
Good to hear BCB is thinking in the same line-
Quote:
শ্রীনি কাজ করবেন ভারতে বসেই। বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের প্রধান আকরাম খান বললেন, ‘কিছু জটিলতার কারণে শ্রীনি পাকিস্তানে যাচ্ছে না। কীভাবে কাজ করবে, সেটি সে বুঝিয়ে দিয়েছে কোচকে। নিয়মিত অনলাইনে তার সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ রাখবে লাহোরে যাওয়া কোচিং স্টাফরা।’

এই মুহূর্তে ভারতে থাকা শ্রীনির সঙ্গে কথা বলে জানা গেল, এরই মধ্যে সিরিজের কাজ শুরুও করে দিয়েছেন তিনি। ই-মেইল, স্কাইপে আর হোয়াটসঅ্যাপ ব্যবহার করে সার্বক্ষণিক যোগাযোগ রাখছেন দলের সঙ্গে। মাহমুদউল্লাহর দল পাকিস্তান যাওয়ার পর একই প্রক্রিয়ায় কাজ করে যাবেন শ্রীনি। মেইল কিংবা সামাজিক যোগাযোগমাধ্যমে সব বুঝিয়ে দেবেন দলকে। দূর থেকে কাজ করতে গেলে যোগাযোগ বিভ্রাটের ঝুঁকি থাকেই। বিশেষ প্রেক্ষাপটে এ ঝুঁকিটা বিসিবি ও শ্রীনিকে নিতেই হচ্ছে।

-Prothom Alo
Old January 19, 2020, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Bangladesh coach hoping to zero down on World Cup probables
Quote:
''It is a young group of players. Hopefully some of these players can make it big and get into the World Cup squad, which is not finalized yet," Domingo said. "After this series, we have to keep our squad as small as possible. I think we can play with a maximum of 16 or 17 players in the next couple of series."

"A guy like Soumya, who batted No 3 in India, may end up batting at No 6 in Pakistan," Domingo said. "Riyad may bat at No 5. Afif might come up to No 3 or 4. Shanto has finished his campaign well. The best players can play under any conditions, in any position. If you bat Morgan at No 3 or 6, he is successful. If you bat Kane Williamson at No 3 or 5, he will find a way to do that role. It is a great opportunity for the young players to find new strings to their game. I am excited by it. If a guy like Liton has to bat at No 4 for a game or two, that's fine. If Mithun has to bat at No 3, that's okay. If Afif has to go from No 6 to opening, he has to learn to do those things."

Tamim's role: grafter or aggressor?

"It is my first tour with Tamim. I have to understand him a bit more. I know he had a role with his BPL team, and it is something that we need to discuss with our team," said Domingo.

"At the moment, no decision is made. I will think about it. Depends on who he opens with. If he is playing with a dasher, he can play that role (of a grafter). If he is opening with someone inexperienced, he may have to play positively. The discussions will take place in the next couple of days," he added.

Who will be Bangladesh's captain at T20 World Cup?

Bangladesh's current skipper, Mahmudullah, missed the opening day practice due to flu though BCB insisted that he will be fine before they travel to Pakistan. Meanwhile, Domingo has said that he wants Mahmudullah to lead the side until the World Cup, the 33-year-old getting the captaincy back after Shakib al Hasan was ruled out due to his ICC ban. "I am hoping he leads us in the World Cup T20. He has my full support. I thought he did a great job in India. I have enjoyed working with him. I think he is a good professional. He has respect of the change room. He is a world-class player. He is my captain,'' said Domingo.

"Pretty comfortable" going to Pakistan

"I don't think focusing on cricket will be difficult for the boys. If you are facing a bowler, you only think about the ball. Same goes for the bowler. Sometimes being a closed environment is good for the team. It galvanizes the team. We are looking forward to it."
Old January 19, 2020, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Don't know if this is a good news or bad news - Papon will be shadowing the team in Pakistan: https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%A8%E0%A7%87
Old January 19, 2020, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru

SL C team whitewashed Pak at home, I don't see any reason for us to not win the series.
Old January 19, 2020, 07:57 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Danushka Gunathilaka disagrees with you that it was not even their second string:
Quote:
"It's not our second team at all, only a few players didn't come. Kusal [Perera] was injured, Angelo [Mathews] was not in the last T20I squad. If you're talking about T20Is, only [Niroshan] Dickwella and [Lasith] Malinga played the last T20 among the players that didn't come. So how can you say this is a B team?"

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...am-gunathilaka
Old January 19, 2020, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Domingo mentioned he wants to narrow down list of probables by now for the T20I WC. Additional players that are training with the team now: Ebadat, Mosaddek, and Taijul. I guess Miraz is no more in consideration for T20I (glad to see Sabbir is not either).
Old January 19, 2020, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru

PCB declared 19 probables for the Test team:

Azhar Ali (captain), Abid Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Bilal Asif, Fawad Alam, Faheem Ashraf, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Imran Khan, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper), Musa Khan, Naseem Shah, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Yasir Shah, Usman Shinwari.

Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan and Shaheen Shah Afridi are part of the Pakistan side for the three T20Is and will join the camp following the conclusion series on 28 January.

Bilal Asif, Faheem Ashraf and Musa Khan have been added to the 16 players who were named for the two Tests against Sri Lanka.

https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release...test-camp.html
Old January 21, 2020, 11:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ponting

Has Bangladesh team landed in Pakistan?

It should be a good contest. Am actually quite excited about it. Pakistanis are probably even mote so since the fastest growing economy in south asia is coming to visit Pakistan. Economics do dictate things in some ways.

Mahmudullah should be made captain of the LOI team till 2021 World cup. Then if he does well, he should be extended till 2023 then he can retire. Even when Shakib comes back, providing Mahmudullah is doing well as a captain till 2021 T20 WC, Mahmudullah should remain captain in the LOI for Bangladesh. Shakib can be made test captain slowly after his return.
Old January 22, 2020, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Whats up with all these lunatic pak fans and insulting and bashing Mushfiq? As if Mushiq or anyone in the world owes them anything ...
Old January 22, 2020, 11:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

All these cutesy statements by Mushfiqur and Mashrafe might sound very heroic and virtuous: "Cricket is only a small part of life..." "There is more to life than cricket..." "Cricket is just 2 storey in 10 storeyed building.." These nitwits need to realize it is PRECISELY because of this game they get the platform to spew such opinionated virtuoso. If it wasn't for THIS cricket no one would give a rat's *** to THEIR opinions. (Rastay ne***ta manusho ghure takato na...)

So kindly PLEASE cut the self-virtuous attitude and just opt-out without having to justify what life is and isn't and where cricket fits in.

My books My video
Old January 22, 2020, 11:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Where is aklemalp, need the match thread
Old January 22, 2020, 01:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh have arrived in Lahore....

Old January 22, 2020, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
Bangladesh have arrived in Lahore....

Is he crying because he doesn't know if he will get to see his family again? LOL
Old January 23, 2020, 06:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Is he crying because he doesn't know if he will get to see his family again? LOL
looks pretty chill in the pic.

Old January 23, 2020, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Old January 23, 2020, 06:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Old January 23, 2020, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Who are all these new faces? Never seen them before (don't follow BPL or domestic)
Old January 23, 2020, 11:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks for sharing Vixen.
Old January 23, 2020, 06:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Who are all these new faces? Never seen them before (don't follow BPL or domestic)
All those guys actually have already played for our T20I team, except for Hasan Mahmud.

From left to right: Aminul Islam, Hasan Mahmud, Tamim, Liton, Mahedi Hasan, Shanto, Rabid Imam (media manager), Mohammad Naim
Old January 23, 2020, 11:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Mustafizur posted a FB post saying "going to Pk, remember us in your prayers".

FB comments are full of abuse directed at him and Bangladesh by sensitive Pakistanis who accuse him of implying that Pakistan is not safe. Abuses include claims that Bangladeshis starve to death in our country and other stuff.
Old January 24, 2020, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Mustafizur posted a FB post saying "going to Pk, remember us in your prayers".

FB comments are full of abuse directed at him and Bangladesh by sensitive Pakistanis who accuse him of implying that Pakistan is not safe. Abuses include claims that Bangladeshis starve to death in our country and other stuff.
ive come across pak people on fb making statuses about Mushfiqur and mocking him. I honestly think it stems from a place of racism.
Old January 24, 2020, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Guys any channels in the UK please?
Old January 24, 2020, 03:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

any links?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2020, 04:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Looks like can’t watch it anywhere in the UK.