facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 9, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

If it helps the guy he is appealing against in the picture, James Vince, is very tall. At least 6'2. But I don't get this infatuation with his height. As long as he isn't a midget, which he isn't, his height is trivial. If y'all are so obsessed with height then we should keep playing Shahadat. It's good we have guys like Zahed and Taskin too, but this guy, I feel, is on another level. At 22, he is older and has solid stats to back him up. Could be in the team by the end of this year I feel.

Apparently Al-Amin has been withdrawn from the squad for the rest of the series. If that's true then it'll be the biggest BS ever.

Old January 9, 2012, 02:43 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
If it helps the guy he is appealing against in the picture, James Vince, is very tall. At least 6'2. But I don't get this infatuation with his height. As long as he isn't a midget, which he isn't, his height is trivial. If y'all are so obsessed with height then we should keep playing Shahadat. It's good we have guys like Zahed and Taskin too, but this guy, I feel, is on another level. At 22, he is older and has solid stats to back him up. Could be in the team by the end of this year I feel.

Apparently Al-Amin has been withdrawn from the squad for the rest of the series. If that's true then it'll be the biggest BS ever.
Withdrawn because his dpl club want his service in dpl. bcb, ccdm er chamcha so...
Old January 9, 2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
From a reliable source, Taskin is taller than Shahadat.
Absolutely correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

any pics of taskin, Nadim?
yup

Old January 9, 2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Eto bholabhala chehara niye phaasht balling kore kemne?
Old January 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Good job Nadim. That pic with Whatmore must've been during 2007 or earlier when Whatmore was still here. The first pic looks more recent. Must be at least 6'2. Maybe 6'3-6'4 now. Definitely taller than Mash and around the same height (or even a bit taller) as Shahadat. But as I said earlier he's got to pick up wickets to justify the hype. Height alone wont get him into the team.
Old January 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Withdrawn because his dpl club want his service in dpl. bcb, ccdm er chamcha so...
^ Actually CCDM is a puppet here. Most of the club officials are top guys in BCB. BCB is just a name when it comes to club cricket.
Old January 9, 2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Good job Nadim. That pic with Whatmore must've been during 2007 or earlier when Whatmore was still here. The first pic looks more recent. Must be at least 6'2. Maybe 6'3-6'4 now. Definitely taller than Mash and around the same height (or even a bit taller) as Shahadat. But as I said earlier he's got to pick up wickets to justify the hype. Height alone wont get him into the team.
nope it wasn't taken before 07.

Whatmore was a coach for one of the U17 Indian team for a bit, which visited bd last yr and Taskin played against them.

Taskin is still young compare to Jayed and Al Amin and have more pace than other 2 so with age, he will get only better. Next Mash in the making insallah.

He recently picked a 5er in dpl(of course not enough) and also playing along with Mash would be great experience for him.
Old January 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

It's sad how Shafaq Al Zabir has literally faded away. His stats are good, but I remember Richard McInnes mention that he's the lazy type.
Old January 9, 2012, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It's sad how Shafaq Al Zabir has literally faded away. His stats are good, but I remember Richard McInnes mention that he's the lazy type.
I was just about to mention his name. That guy was TALL..You guys are so fast
Old January 9, 2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
he is STILL a lazy a***. he was tall, could have swing the ball a lot but had Rassel type pace. with laziness, his potential faded away aswell.
Old January 9, 2012, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
If it helps the guy he is appealing against in the picture, James Vince, is very tall. At least 6'2. But I don't get this infatuation with his height. As long as he isn't a midget, which he isn't, his height is trivial. If y'all are so obsessed with height then we should keep playing Shahadat.
I get where you are coming from. Just because some one is tall does not mean he knows how to use his height. High arm action, wrist position including having the knowledge of using wrist to generate extra bit of pace and bounce is what makes a tall bowler even more difficult to play. But all things considered equal, a tall bowler is always more attractive. I’m sure posters who have been inquiring about his height know that. And you must agree, height is one of the most important physical appearance that entice people when comes to a pace bowler and since they are a rare breed for a country like Bangladesh, I am sure most of us get to excited about it.

If this guy is really 6’ or 6’-2” tall then that’s actually nothing to get crazy about (as far as his physique goes); and he also looks super skinny, so I am not sure how fast he can really bowl. But he’s got his youth working for him and still has the chance to build his stature and get faster…..unless he ends up following the trend of our players who come up with promise and then fade away. Though seeing what had happened to our cricket players, I must blame us fans and media for over hyping….so I really will wait a long while before getting excited.
Old January 9, 2012, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Then find someone better.

He has been the only truly good pace-blowing coach we ever had. Plus, he is the right type for our bowlers, who come to the national team lacking basics. Many coaches will have no patience for it!
how many of this sort you know about?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 9, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't get it. What's with all the jumping around because of his height? Weight doesn't mean pace. For all you know he could be a 70mph pie chucker. (And don't tell me he looked fast to your eyes, your eyes are not speed-gun!) May be because it's Bangladesh, but 6'2 is a pretty avg height, you can find tons of them every where in US, or to be more cricket related in Eng, Aus.

And why do bengalies get crazy over height? I'm just around 6' and when I used to live at home, bengali people would come over, they would bother me about it as if I'm a giant. And it's not very shocking for me, all my cousins, uncles and my nana are very tall, all over 6'2, Im the shortest of them.

Stop hyping over hype over height or build, and look at Pakistan. Amir, Junaid Khan, or young Shoaib Akhtar.

/partypooperrant
Old January 9, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Sage

As far as I can tell none of these PAK players are midget.

Nobody is saying height is everything, but height and decent speed can be always be a plus for a young fast bowler. That makes a good prospect a very good prospect.
Old January 9, 2012, 10:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
As far as I can tell none of these PAK players are midget.

Nobody is saying height is everything, but height and decent speed can be always be a plus for a young fast bowler. That makes a good prospect a very good prospect.
ditto. no team has 5-8 pacers like Nazmul operating anywhere near the field except for Sri Lanka. i'm not saying Nazmul is crap, but he ain't gonna spearhead anything ever. he's a utility player.

Pak might not have Md Irfan's and Shabbir Ahmed's at eveyr corner, but they don't have dwarves attempting to bowl seam up.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 9, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd much rather have Nazmul the "utility player" than Shahadat, they spearhead screamer.

Tall = slight advantages for pacers, that's all. It doesn't = pace. Shahadat is a proof of that.
Old January 9, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Shahadat is just an exception. Judging everything based on his performance will be wrong. If Nazmul had Shahadat's height he would have been more deceptive. Height is a big plus for a fast bowler. I hope Taskin can live upto the expectation in the future.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 10, 2012, 12:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
+ Addiction to marijuana wasted the rest of the talent inside him.

Old January 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shahadat is just an exception. Judging everything based on his performance will be wrong. If Nazmul had Shahadat's height he would have been more deceptive. Height is a big plus for a fast bowler. I hope Taskin can live upto the expectation in the future.

Agreed, Shahadat is an exception, along with McGrath, who basically never tried to be "express". Tall bowlers are just naturally faster, no point denying it.

But I'd like to add that pace is only an added advantage, not the main weapon, when it comes to international cricket.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:

Shahadat is not an exception, because he used to bowl around 85 mph on regular biases. By "height = fast" theory it means SRK shrank over the years.

Height gives you extra bounce, not pace. Pace doesn't come from your height. It's common logic and said by many experts over and over again. I'll take their words...as it makes more sense, at least to me.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Height, as long as you know how to use it to your advantage, will give you bounce and that extra kick required off the pitch to startle batsmen. It's not the end all of fast bowling, but no one can deny that it's a very important factor.

Terrible use of height - Shahadat
Great use of height - Many examples
Old January 10, 2012, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ That's a much more solid way to put it, instead of discriminating all the great players with avg. size height or hyping up some tall guy from gully cricket.
Old January 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Shahadat is not an exception, because he used to bowl around 85 mph on regular biases. By "height = fast" theory it means SRK shrank over the years.

Height gives you extra bounce, not pace. Pace doesn't come from your height. It's common logic and said by many experts over and over again. I'll take their words...as it makes more sense, at least to me.
1. Bad habits,laziness and other disciplinary problem were the main reason for his downfall.

2. As i mentioned in my previous post, height is a big plus for a fast bowler which means he can extract bounce and cause awkward moments for a batsman. I never mentioned pace
Old January 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ ah! So you and I are on the same page.
Old January 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

^ Yeshh