facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 27, 2014, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

i didn't want to seem inquisitive or nosy, but Nasir body language and lack of seriousness sometimes get to my nerve...May be I am too old and serious

Old August 27, 2014, 09:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
i didn't want to seem inquisitive or nosy, but Nasir body language and lack of seriousness sometimes get to my nerve...May be I am too old and serious
I feel the same way now. Or chehara, pongta hairstyle, and bhab-shabber kotha chinta korleo ga jole.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 28, 2014, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I think Nasir is going through what Tamim is going through or what Koheli is going through.
Although technically Nasir is no where as good as TI or Koheli but he was consistent and had solid temperament.
I think it's only a matter of getting a well made fifty which will bring him his confidence back, I don't believe like few people saying that he doesn't work hard.
Just like Tamim looking better this series Nasir hopefully will sort things out.
NAsir is no Ryad or Kaedge or Kopa, his consistency in 2012-2013 was unmatchable(BD STD).
We badly need him back.
Old August 28, 2014, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Nasir ke beshi nichey namano hocche. Takey jodi Riyad er agey pathale hoy to shey kichu ta shomoy paabe bhalo innings khelar jonno. Ekhon to wicket e giyei dhum dham marar demand thake. Ek tu upore ashle hoy to ektu shadhin bhabe khelte parbe.
Old August 28, 2014, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Nasir ke beshi nichey namano hocche. Takey jodi Riyad er agey pathale hoy to shey kichu ta shomoy paabe bhalo innings khelar jonno. Ekhon to wicket e giyei dhum dham marar demand thake. Ek tu upore ashle hoy to ektu shadhin bhabe khelte parbe.
oita Paap-on khaluji'r ekta strategy, Ryad agey kheley jatey dui bhaira ekshathey kheltey parey ebong dui jamai er majhey ekta competition hoy, tatey team er labh hoy, jodio erokom kichu ekhono ghote nai , afsos.

But I agree with you.
Old August 29, 2014, 04:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I agree with this. Since Nasir's debut, Riyad has always come in after him, but the new coach seems to like Riyad more I guess.
Old August 29, 2014, 04:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think Stuart Law had the batting order right with Nasir coming at 4. He set up the game nicely for Shakib and Mushy
Old August 29, 2014, 04:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he's only batted 3 times at the #4 spot if we're talking ODIs, #6 is his best spot averaging 47 and it's where he scored his ton.

the order should be

4. mushy
5. shakib
6. nasir
Old August 29, 2014, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Nasir will return to 6. Riyad does well against West Indies, played well in the warm too. Probably why he was pushed up.

Mushfiq is best for 4. He can adapt to any situation beautifully. Plus one of our few batsmen who can convert 20's and 30's.

Nasir is ideal for 6. But someone needs to tell him how to bat. His technique is good enough, mindset is not. Doesnt have the power to go for boundaries. So he should only focus on one's, two's. Once the bloods pumping, eye is in, boundaries will come. But how many times do we see him get to 20 or 25 then scoop one in the air like a fielding coach
Old October 18, 2014, 01:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Media pressure?
Quote:
When asked about the reason behind his bad patch, Nasir said, “I can't spoke of a specific reason. Maybe I cared about what people said or wrote about me in the media. That builds pressure.”

“I am not saying that the media should not criticise me or they should leave me alone. In fact I gave them an opportunity to write against me by performing badly. When I played well they wrote good things about me. It's their job and they will do that, but I have to learn to cope with that,” he added.

“Honestly speaking, I haven't read any paper for the last three to four months. It's all based on what I hear from people. I have talked to senior cricketers about this issue and I am working on it,” said Nasir.

Nasir's immediate aim is to ensure that he comes back and confirms his spot in the team before the World Cup next year. “It's a big event and I want to play well and ensure that I am in the squad,” said Nasir.
Old October 18, 2014, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

At least more mature than some of our players' past comments regarding poor performance.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 18, 2014, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Nasir is out from Zim test!
Old October 18, 2014, 06:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Yeah at least he's not making excuses, realises what he has to work on, with that I'm confident he can come back.
Old October 18, 2014, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Nasir is out from Zim test!
Only for the 1st Test, he may be considered for the 2nd Test on.

"You know Nasir is a very important player for us and as the World Cup is drawing nearer it is very important he gets back his rhythm. We felt that a break could help him and there is a chance that he may be considered for the second Test," - Faruque.

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/n...rst-test-46301

They way I see it, Hom got two chances to impress - the practice match against Zimbabwe and the 1st Test. If he fails to make an impact by then, most likely Nasir will be back in all formats.
Old October 19, 2014, 05:56 AM
Cricket Savant

I feel so bad for NAsir, he was our most consistent batsman for almost 2 years.
I think it's just a matter of getting some runs & get his confidence back, like Koheli after his fifty in the 2nd ODI or Tamim after getting a fifty in WI.
Just get a 50+
Old October 19, 2014, 09:02 AM
Banned

He's had enough chances and he's flopped. National team is not your mama'r bari. Please get lost. If you can fix your form in domestics, come back or else you can disappear like Aftab
Old October 19, 2014, 05:19 PM
Street Cricketer

We should open a poll and know what most of us think about which position does Nasir deserve and will fit perfectly.
Old October 19, 2014, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheives
We should open a poll and know what most of us think about which position does Nasir deserve and will fit perfectly.
When he's playing well he should bat at 6/7 and bowl some of his mediums, given our pace all rounder issues I've thought for awhile that instead of picking a categorised pace all rounder who won't be good enough at either bowling or batting that we should just get nasir to bowl his mediums a bit more often as he warrants a spot as a batsman (when in form) and I don't see him doing any worse than a pace all rounder with the ball given that they generally aren't bowled much and aren't that good anyway. If abul develops a bit more then things will be different.
Old January 7, 2015, 04:46 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Old January 15, 2015, 04:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^From that interview --

Quote:
নাসির: বাদ পড়ার পর প্রথমেই এমন একজনের কাছ থেকে ফোন পেয়েছিলাম যে চমকে গেছি। সাকিব আল হাসান! সাকিব ভাই প্রথম আমাকে ফোন করে বলেন, ‘মন খারাপ করিস না। তুই অবশ্যই ফিরবি। লেগে থাক। কষ্ট কর।’ ওনার মতো একজন ক্রিকেটারের এটা না করলেও চলত। কিন্তু উনি এটুকু করেছেন। আমারও মনে হয়েছে, সাকিব ভাইয়ের মতো একজন যখন আমাকে ফোন করে এসব বলছে, নিশ্চয়ই আমি কিছু পারি। অনেক আত্মবিশ্বাস পেয়েছি। পরেও সাকিব ভাই, তামিম ভাই, মুশফিক ভাইদের সঙ্গে কথা বলেছি। তামিম ভাই ব্যাটিং নিয়ে অনেক পরামর্শ দিয়েছেন। কোচদের মধ্যে ফাহিম স্যার, ইমরান স্যার, সালাউদ্দিন স্যারের সঙ্গে কথা বলেছি।
Good on Shakib. He is acting like a responsible senior player. Kintu Tamim abar ki batting advice dei
Old January 16, 2015, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Sabbir has taken his position. I got a feeling he won't be playing vs Afghanistan.
Old January 18, 2015, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Exclusive interview by Nasir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAdpxS8-FI
Old January 18, 2015, 06:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^From that interview --

Good on Shakib. He is acting like a responsible senior player. Kintu Tamim abar ki batting advice dei
kibhabe bowler ar umpire der potatey hoy.
Old April 17, 2015, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Awesome catch by Nas today. He was terrific with that catch, and that got us our first wicket.
Old April 17, 2015, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Nasir has done well with the limited opportunities he had in the past few matches. He didn't have to do much with the bat because everyone else has been so dominating