facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old March 3, 2016, 08:45 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Favorite Player: Abul
Posts: 3,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Thats all fine...but who the hell is Naina?
Spot Naina

Reply With Quote

  #77  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:02 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 411

Seen plenty of Kohli fans, even in Pakistan. But a fan of his socks? that's a new one. I know Bangla fans are real passionate about cricket, and I love that. But this is a bit kooky.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:07 AM
senman senman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 6, 2009
Location: Chennai
Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni
Posts: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaNAus
Hw about the champions trophy India shouldn't play so they can warm up for the next World Cup right.
I am just acknowledging the posters including moderators who says BD is going to win. When it is 99% game for BD what's the use in India concentrating and getting injured in the process.

To maximise the chances in WC T20 they need to play carefully and not mind about the result, is what I had said. Some posters are quick to pass good/bad judgement but it makes them very insecure and impatient.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:11 AM
bodrul bodrul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 2, 2010
Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe
Posts: 296

India is terribly low energy. We will beat them easily.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:19 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul
India is terribly low energy. We will beat them easily.

Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:28 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,252

So who will get a chance in final - Harbhi or Negi
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:32 AM
5tonne 5tonne is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 26, 2014
Posts: 1,329

Who said Indians and Pakistanis can't co-exist peacefully. One has to look at UAE cricket team.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:41 AM
Riddle's Avatar
Riddle Riddle is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 29, 2016
Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting
Posts: 66

I see Bhuvi playing the final and Jadeja sitting out. He swung it at pace today.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:44 AM
horizon horizon is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 29, 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle
I see Bhuvi playing the final and Jadeja sitting out. He swung it at pace today.
Today's pitch was with grass, final would be on a brown top.
__________________
The best tennis ball cricketer ever ... is ...
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:45 AM
senman senman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 6, 2009
Location: Chennai
Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni
Posts: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Seen plenty of Kohli fans, even in Pakistan. But a fan of his socks? that's a new one. I know Bangla fans are real passionate about cricket, and I love that. But this is a bit kooky.
Yeah pretty weird but then we need to be thankful that he stopped at socks.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:53 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 3,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Since when your called tigers? :P You had the chance before us but never named you team tigers. We have since the start. Real tigers = TEAM BD


Bring it on. Bangladesh Tigers are ready
tiger is our national animal.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old March 3, 2016, 09:57 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 3,084

let's hope the umpiring is good.

otherwise 2 decisions would go against India, one 50:50 decision would go against BD and we will never hear the end of how BD would have won if not for umpiring.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:06 AM
Riddle's Avatar
Riddle Riddle is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 29, 2016
Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Today's pitch was with grass, final would be on a brown top.
Bhuvi was swinging it in the air and he does that on brown tops as well. He looks fresh and ready. Jadeja is still more likely to play, but Kumar has given himself a good shot here.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:18 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,937

If Soumya held on to Rohit in the 1st match, Bd would have won that.

India is so vulnerable, all we have to do is take our chances and the game shall be ours. This Indian team cannot thump anyone without getting a bit lucky.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:18 AM
epitaph's Avatar
epitaph epitaph is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 18, 2007
Posts: 1,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Batting pitch is absolutely na-na. Same with pitches with grass. The pitch will be brown-slow pitch, where ball comes to bat late. Top order Indian batsman are dependent on timing, so they will falter. Indian batsman will mis-calculate the par score, if they bat first. Slower track will not help spinners as batsman gets a lot of time to see the turn. But Bangladesh will miss Mustafiz on this. Plus, Bumrah and Pandya are also primarily variation bowlers - they could do something, unlike Umesh and Aaron. Yuvraj has a tendency to get stuck in slow pitches.

To win, Bangladesh needs to chase. Dew will make things easier later but early ball won't come to bat. Get Yuvraj stuck and don't let Rohit stay for long. Attack Nehra and watch out Aswin.


Gamini Silva doesn't always prepare the right pitch for us. Lets hope he will this time. He has done a good job in this tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:23 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,937

Gamini Silva should make a beautiful checkered pitch with both green and brown blocks.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:32 AM
Riddle's Avatar
Riddle Riddle is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 29, 2016
Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting
Posts: 66

Dhawan is a liability, worst opener in the tournament. Walking wicket for Taskin.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:47 AM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,882

All this talk of pitch and umpires is lame. Pitch is the same pitch both teams have to play on. India has the pace resources to take advantage of a green top, the batting resources to smash it in a shirt front and the experience to get a 140-150 score if it's a traditional slow-low-BD-track. Likewise BD has the pure pace and accuracy for the first, enough firepower to put up a par score or chase a par score with the crowd supported fielding/bowling effort to keep things manageable and the SLAs for the last option. Having said that, if Gamini chooses a pitch that "supposedly" helps BD, fans of the superpower shouldn't get their knickers in a bunch. You are the bigger side. Act like it.

Umpiring. The umpiring has been atrocious throughout the tournament - regardless of nationality of umpires involved. The Michael Jordan effect is also real (i.e. the bigger team and bigger superstar get the benefit of marginal calls). So we should all expect that unless dumb incompetence or circumstances intervene, India will get the benefit of 50/50 decisions. We BD fans are used to this and Indian fans should get used to our complaining about it. That's all we have. You can enjoy the actual game day advantage.

As for many (not all) BD fans thinking we will win, seriously what else would one expect. When India tours Australia, statistically most of Indian fans should expect to get their boys in blue to get clobbered. But does that mean MANY Indian fans go around thinking "we will lose"? No. As fans (short for fanatics), we _ARE_ supposed to root for our team as you will for yours.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:14 AM
IndYeah IndYeah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 2, 2016
Posts: 411

Nothing wrong with pitch that helps BD, its what SL used to do all the time and still does. Understandable, as long as you are honest about it.

But don't think pitch will help that much, because even one-eyed fanboys have to admit, India have the skills to adapt to the variety of conditions presented. Bangla boys will have to put up their best performance, and mistake-free. Credit to the team that they have moved up a level - the days where Bangla was an automatic win are in the past. I think they will still need some serious luck to beat big blue, but good to see.

Bangla have some up-and-coming quality players - Soumya, Sabbir and Mahmudullah look the part, and seem to have the required self-belief in addition to the pre-requisite skills.

On the whole fan front, There is a difference between backing your team, being optimistic etc and going overboard with hype. Over-hyping actually backfires and makes you look silly and insecure. I think earlier, Bangla fans were starved of success and jumped at the slightest opportunity to over-hype. Now its time to evolve as fans, just like their team has done a good job of. Mind you - this is not everyone, just some of the over-excitable ones. Just my 2 cents, No need to get defensive.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:17 AM
senman senman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 6, 2009
Location: Chennai
Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni
Posts: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
All this talk of pitch and umpires is lame. Pitch is the same pitch both teams have to play on. India has the pace resources to take advantage of a green top, the batting resources to smash it in a shirt front and the experience to get a 140-150 score if it's a traditional slow-low-BD-track. Likewise BD has the pure pace and accuracy for the first, enough firepower to put up a par score or chase a par score with the crowd supported fielding/bowling effort to keep things manageable and the SLAs for the last option. Having said that, if Gamini chooses a pitch that "supposedly" helps BD, fans of the superpower shouldn't get their knickers in a bunch. You are the bigger side. Act like it.

Umpiring. The umpiring has been atrocious throughout the tournament - regardless of nationality of umpires involved. The Michael Jordan effect is also real (i.e. the bigger team and bigger superstar get the benefit of marginal calls). So we should all expect that unless dumb incompetence or circumstances intervene, India will get the benefit of 50/50 decisions. We BD fans are used to this and Indian fans should get used to our complaining about it. That's all we have. You can enjoy the actual game day advantage.

As for many (not all) BD fans thinking we will win, seriously what else would one expect. When India tours Australia, statistically most of Indian fans should expect to get their boys in blue to get clobbered. But does that mean MANY Indian fans go around thinking "we will lose"? No. As fans (short for fanatics), we _ARE_ supposed to root for our team as you will for yours.
When India tours Australia, many Indian fans would support Indian team and hope players would do well. If they don't we will criticise them.

What we don't :
1. We wont be claiming we have the best batting/bowling team and winning is just matter of turning up.

2. We won't be creating threads on why we hate the MVP of opposition players. We don't mock them any of the opposition players.

3. We won't ask the opposition fans to take it easy because their team is better than us. We would be prepared to take whatever we put it out there be it banter or hatred. Basically we don't give any excuses.

There is difference between arrogance and confidence. BD fans should prepare to take hits if they think that it's OK to do it to others.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:21 AM
KingKohli KingKohli is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 15, 2016
Location: my house
Favorite Player: me
Posts: 420

If anyone's planning to go to the Match here I ll just request you not to..

I don't want to see your crying faces at the end of the match

This is way too one sided match with Yuvi back in form
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:22 AM
KingKohli KingKohli is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 15, 2016
Location: my house
Favorite Player: me
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
So who will get a chance in final - Harbhi or Negi
No one is playing

Ash will be back
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:30 AM
KingKohli KingKohli is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 15, 2016
Location: my house
Favorite Player: me
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Enjoy Nohit Sharma hitting double century against UAE. Not our cup of tea.
What makes you think we will let them score 200 in first place ?

Maybe you should watch class batting from a Class player

1st match burn i guess
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:32 AM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
When India tours Australia, many Indian fans would support Indian team and hope players would do well. If they don't we will criticise them.

What we don't :
1. We wont be claiming we have the best batting/bowling team and winning is just matter of turning up.
Just read the post below yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
2. We won't be creating threads on why we hate the MVP of opposition players. We don't mock them any of the opposition players.
Really? You guys didn't go after Andrew Symonds when he accused your man bhajji? I mean forget online slacktivism, I seem to recall actual processions and burning of effigies. But hey, post IPL multiculturalism, it's easy to forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
3. We won't ask the opposition fans to take it easy because their team is better than us. We would be prepared to take whatever we put it out there be it banter or hatred.
Who's asking you to take easy? Some posters have commented on the greater degree of bile in your posts. None has asked you to stop it have they? You are all coming here and posting provocative statements aren't you ... You post whining comments about pitches and umpires, be ready to be called out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Basically we don't give any excuses.
Doing one better than your captain Dhong. And yeah whatever ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
There is difference between arrogance and confidence. BD fans should prepare to take hits if they think that it's OK to do it to others.
Ask any neutral fans who were at Melbourne during the QF as to who are the more arrogant fans. I know a few. They will tell you which country's fans don't know the difference between arrogance and confidence.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old March 3, 2016, 11:33 AM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,672

Bangladesh Zindabad

Go BD tigers play with no fear atitude, with swag, confidence just like how you have since '15 WC.

You can can do this! (InshAllah) Keep the belief in yourselves Team BD.


Joy BANGLA!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket