facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 3, 2016, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Thats all fine...but who the hell is Naina?
Spot Naina

Old March 3, 2016, 09:02 AM
Banned

Seen plenty of Kohli fans, even in Pakistan. But a fan of his socks? that's a new one. I know Bangla fans are real passionate about cricket, and I love that. But this is a bit kooky.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaNAus
Hw about the champions trophy India shouldn't play so they can warm up for the next World Cup right.
I am just acknowledging the posters including moderators who says BD is going to win. When it is 99% game for BD what's the use in India concentrating and getting injured in the process.

To maximise the chances in WC T20 they need to play carefully and not mind about the result, is what I had said. Some posters are quick to pass good/bad judgement but it makes them very insecure and impatient.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

India is terribly low energy. We will beat them easily.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul
India is terribly low energy. We will beat them easily.

Old March 3, 2016, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

So who will get a chance in final - Harbhi or Negi
Old March 3, 2016, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Who said Indians and Pakistanis can't co-exist peacefully. One has to look at UAE cricket team.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

I see Bhuvi playing the final and Jadeja sitting out. He swung it at pace today.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle
I see Bhuvi playing the final and Jadeja sitting out. He swung it at pace today.
Today's pitch was with grass, final would be on a brown top.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Seen plenty of Kohli fans, even in Pakistan. But a fan of his socks? that's a new one. I know Bangla fans are real passionate about cricket, and I love that. But this is a bit kooky.
Yeah pretty weird but then we need to be thankful that he stopped at socks.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Since when your called tigers? :P You had the chance before us but never named you team tigers. We have since the start. Real tigers = TEAM BD

Bring it on. Bangladesh Tigers are ready
tiger is our national animal.
Old March 3, 2016, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

let's hope the umpiring is good.

otherwise 2 decisions would go against India, one 50:50 decision would go against BD and we will never hear the end of how BD would have won if not for umpiring.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Today's pitch was with grass, final would be on a brown top.
Bhuvi was swinging it in the air and he does that on brown tops as well. He looks fresh and ready. Jadeja is still more likely to play, but Kumar has given himself a good shot here.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

If Soumya held on to Rohit in the 1st match, Bd would have won that.

India is so vulnerable, all we have to do is take our chances and the game shall be ours. This Indian team cannot thump anyone without getting a bit lucky.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Batting pitch is absolutely na-na. Same with pitches with grass. The pitch will be brown-slow pitch, where ball comes to bat late. Top order Indian batsman are dependent on timing, so they will falter. Indian batsman will mis-calculate the par score, if they bat first. Slower track will not help spinners as batsman gets a lot of time to see the turn. But Bangladesh will miss Mustafiz on this. Plus, Bumrah and Pandya are also primarily variation bowlers - they could do something, unlike Umesh and Aaron. Yuvraj has a tendency to get stuck in slow pitches.

To win, Bangladesh needs to chase. Dew will make things easier later but early ball won't come to bat. Get Yuvraj stuck and don't let Rohit stay for long. Attack Nehra and watch out Aswin.

Gamini Silva doesn't always prepare the right pitch for us. Lets hope he will this time. He has done a good job in this tournament.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Gamini Silva should make a beautiful checkered pitch with both green and brown blocks.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Dhawan is a liability, worst opener in the tournament. Walking wicket for Taskin.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:47 AM
BC Editorial Team

All this talk of pitch and umpires is lame. Pitch is the same pitch both teams have to play on. India has the pace resources to take advantage of a green top, the batting resources to smash it in a shirt front and the experience to get a 140-150 score if it's a traditional slow-low-BD-track. Likewise BD has the pure pace and accuracy for the first, enough firepower to put up a par score or chase a par score with the crowd supported fielding/bowling effort to keep things manageable and the SLAs for the last option. Having said that, if Gamini chooses a pitch that "supposedly" helps BD, fans of the superpower shouldn't get their knickers in a bunch. You are the bigger side. Act like it.

Umpiring. The umpiring has been atrocious throughout the tournament - regardless of nationality of umpires involved. The Michael Jordan effect is also real (i.e. the bigger team and bigger superstar get the benefit of marginal calls). So we should all expect that unless dumb incompetence or circumstances intervene, India will get the benefit of 50/50 decisions. We BD fans are used to this and Indian fans should get used to our complaining about it. That's all we have. You can enjoy the actual game day advantage.

As for many (not all) BD fans thinking we will win, seriously what else would one expect. When India tours Australia, statistically most of Indian fans should expect to get their boys in blue to get clobbered. But does that mean MANY Indian fans go around thinking "we will lose"? No. As fans (short for fanatics), we _ARE_ supposed to root for our team as you will for yours.
Old March 3, 2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

Nothing wrong with pitch that helps BD, its what SL used to do all the time and still does. Understandable, as long as you are honest about it.

But don't think pitch will help that much, because even one-eyed fanboys have to admit, India have the skills to adapt to the variety of conditions presented. Bangla boys will have to put up their best performance, and mistake-free. Credit to the team that they have moved up a level - the days where Bangla was an automatic win are in the past. I think they will still need some serious luck to beat big blue, but good to see.

Bangla have some up-and-coming quality players - Soumya, Sabbir and Mahmudullah look the part, and seem to have the required self-belief in addition to the pre-requisite skills.

On the whole fan front, There is a difference between backing your team, being optimistic etc and going overboard with hype. Over-hyping actually backfires and makes you look silly and insecure. I think earlier, Bangla fans were starved of success and jumped at the slightest opportunity to over-hype. Now its time to evolve as fans, just like their team has done a good job of. Mind you - this is not everyone, just some of the over-excitable ones. Just my 2 cents, No need to get defensive.
Old March 3, 2016, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
All this talk of pitch and umpires is lame. Pitch is the same pitch both teams have to play on. India has the pace resources to take advantage of a green top, the batting resources to smash it in a shirt front and the experience to get a 140-150 score if it's a traditional slow-low-BD-track. Likewise BD has the pure pace and accuracy for the first, enough firepower to put up a par score or chase a par score with the crowd supported fielding/bowling effort to keep things manageable and the SLAs for the last option. Having said that, if Gamini chooses a pitch that "supposedly" helps BD, fans of the superpower shouldn't get their knickers in a bunch. You are the bigger side. Act like it.

Umpiring. The umpiring has been atrocious throughout the tournament - regardless of nationality of umpires involved. The Michael Jordan effect is also real (i.e. the bigger team and bigger superstar get the benefit of marginal calls). So we should all expect that unless dumb incompetence or circumstances intervene, India will get the benefit of 50/50 decisions. We BD fans are used to this and Indian fans should get used to our complaining about it. That's all we have. You can enjoy the actual game day advantage.

As for many (not all) BD fans thinking we will win, seriously what else would one expect. When India tours Australia, statistically most of Indian fans should expect to get their boys in blue to get clobbered. But does that mean MANY Indian fans go around thinking "we will lose"? No. As fans (short for fanatics), we _ARE_ supposed to root for our team as you will for yours.
When India tours Australia, many Indian fans would support Indian team and hope players would do well. If they don't we will criticise them.

What we don't :
1. We wont be claiming we have the best batting/bowling team and winning is just matter of turning up.

2. We won't be creating threads on why we hate the MVP of opposition players. We don't mock them any of the opposition players.

3. We won't ask the opposition fans to take it easy because their team is better than us. We would be prepared to take whatever we put it out there be it banter or hatred. Basically we don't give any excuses.

There is difference between arrogance and confidence. BD fans should prepare to take hits if they think that it's OK to do it to others.
Old March 3, 2016, 11:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: me

If anyone's planning to go to the Match here I ll just request you not to..

I don't want to see your crying faces at the end of the match

This is way too one sided match with Yuvi back in form
Old March 3, 2016, 11:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
So who will get a chance in final - Harbhi or Negi
No one is playing

Ash will be back
Old March 3, 2016, 11:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Enjoy Nohit Sharma hitting double century against UAE. Not our cup of tea.
What makes you think we will let them score 200 in first place ?

Maybe you should watch class batting from a Class player

1st match burn i guess
Old March 3, 2016, 11:32 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
When India tours Australia, many Indian fans would support Indian team and hope players would do well. If they don't we will criticise them.

What we don't :
1. We wont be claiming we have the best batting/bowling team and winning is just matter of turning up.
Just read the post below yours
Quote:
2. We won't be creating threads on why we hate the MVP of opposition players. We don't mock them any of the opposition players.
Really? You guys didn't go after Andrew Symonds when he accused your man bhajji? I mean forget online slacktivism, I seem to recall actual processions and burning of effigies. But hey, post IPL multiculturalism, it's easy to forget.
Quote:
3. We won't ask the opposition fans to take it easy because their team is better than us. We would be prepared to take whatever we put it out there be it banter or hatred.
Who's asking you to take easy? Some posters have commented on the greater degree of bile in your posts. None has asked you to stop it have they? You are all coming here and posting provocative statements aren't you ... You post whining comments about pitches and umpires, be ready to be called out.
Quote:
Basically we don't give any excuses.
Doing one better than your captain Dhong. And yeah whatever ...
Quote:
There is difference between arrogance and confidence. BD fans should prepare to take hits if they think that it's OK to do it to others.
Ask any neutral fans who were at Melbourne during the QF as to who are the more arrogant fans. I know a few. They will tell you which country's fans don't know the difference between arrogance and confidence.
Old March 3, 2016, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Bangladesh Zindabad

Go BD tigers play with no fear atitude, with swag, confidence just like how you have since '15 WC.

You can can do this! (InshAllah) Keep the belief in yourselves Team BD.

Joy BANGLA!