facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Shakib Al Hasan To Be a World Class Player in 1st Devision Championship
Yes 8 66.67%
No 0 0%
(less time to prove himself) 2 16.67%
None 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 24, 2011, 08:18 AM
Banned for 1 month

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Aftab,A. Kapeli
Default Shakib rejoins Worcestershire for 2011

This is a great news for the bangladeshi captain, lets see what shakib said: "My first season with Worcestershire in county cricket has made me a better professional and hopefully, a better player and I have realised how important a role the championship plays in the development of cricketers."

I hope other players like Tamim Iqbal and Mashrafi can Join the county team in the future.

leave your comment regarding shakib, will he be successful in the first devision?

he was in the 2nd devision last year, its a bit hard this time around.

Old January 24, 2011, 09:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kala Mia(My dada)

yea, .
Old January 24, 2011, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

This is great for him!

Hopefully Tamim can get a spot too.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Shakib is already a world class player. This poll is very late, redundant and without value.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kala Mia(My dada)

BC should have a like button.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:38 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Shakib is already a world class player. This poll is very late, redundant and without value.
zunaid bhia he is a world class player for the bangladeshis supporterss not for the cricketing nations. if he does well in the 1st devision he will start to gain reputation for his class. for the moment, most of the people in england does not know who shakib is. furthermore when they hear the name bangladesh they comment something which is not liked by many bangladeshis. Even in the IPL the value for shakib proves how low the international media and cricketers think of US as a team plus as a player for shakib. But I am proud becuase of Shakib who is gaining reputution for bangladesh and also for himself.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:40 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
This is great for him!

Hopefully Tamim can get a spot too.
we need players like TAMIM and SHAKIB to improve the image of bangladesh.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamim Mia
zunaid bhia he is a world class player for the bangladeshis supporterss not for the cricketing nations. if he does well in the 1st devision he will start to gain reputation for his class. for the moment, most of the people in england does not know who shakib is. furthermore when they hear the name bangladesh they comment something which is not liked by many bangladeshis. Even in the IPL the value for shakib proves how low the international media and cricketers think of US as a team plus as a player for shakib. But I am proud becuase of Shakib who is gaining reputution for bangladesh and also for himself.
I see your point but I think the world has now realized his capability and potential. One must not judge a cricketer's value by how much one earns in an IPL auction. The monetizable value there is not based on as much as marketability within the Indian market as well as fit given an IPL team is composed of X-number of flash/bang T20 players and local cricketers - that leaves little room for even a world class player.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:55 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I see your point but I think the world has now realized his capability and potential. One must not judge a cricketer's value by how much one earns in an IPL auction. The monetizable value there is not based on as much as marketability within the Indian market as well as fit given an IPL team is composed of X-number of flash/bang T20 players and local cricketers - that leaves little room for even a world class player.
I agree and also disagree, You see as you say he is a world class player, then he should be respected and most likely wanted by any teams in the world. we see that the demand for Shakib is still low, this really amazes me, it is like when the indians and the english say a player is good, then everyone starts to go after him. they do know care about what the bangladeshi supporters say.

we just need to show the indians and the english people how good the bangladeshi players are, through shakib i think we can achieve this inshallah.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:58 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...re/9371829.stm