facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 16, 2014, 08:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh - 3 Tests, 5 ODIs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/760837.html

Quote:
Zimbabwe will play their first three-match Test series in more than 13 years when they tour Bangladesh in October later this year. They last played three Tests against Sri Lanka in December 2001.
Bangladesh obviously would go into the Test series as strong favourites, but if Zimbabwe can bat well against the BD left arm spinners then I think the series will be a lot closer than people think.

Old July 16, 2014, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
but if Zimbabwe can bat well against the BD left arm spinners then I think the series will be a lot closer than people think
What they are talking? Reading this line made me to look again at the time of the thread. I thought it is 3-4 years old or something.
However they are no more weaker against our LAS. and without shakib it will be toothless LAS.
Old July 16, 2014, 11:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by battye
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/760837.html

Bangladesh obviously would go into the Test series as strong favourites, ...
Didn't we lose to them in a recent test match? 1-1?
Old July 17, 2014, 05:35 AM
Test Cricketer

I've always just been wary that guys like Enamul Haque Jnr, Shakib, etc always seem to get amongst the wickets when playing Zimbabwe. But I guess it doesn't have to be SLA especially, just look at what Shillingford and Samuels did to Zimbabwe in the West Indies last year. Facing spin has been a huge challenge for Zimbabwe for a long time, especially away from home.

Yes, Zimbabwe have been the better team for the last couple of years. But three Tests on Bangladeshi soil is going to be very testing, and I stand by my thoughts that how well Zimbabwe do will come down to how well they negate the spin threat.
Old July 17, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

BD has more talent but it's about performing on the field and zimbabwe has better more sturdy and stubborn fighting qualities.
Old July 17, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Man we always go into a test 'series' vs Zim as favourites but the results are always different, but maybe since this time it will be at home we can finally win a series.
Old July 17, 2014, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Whenever we ve toured Zimbabwe they have prepared tracks that would put us at disadvantage, and benefit their quicks.

A key in this series will be how we prepare our tracks. I hope our pundits dont decide on preparing a belter. We need wickets with low bounce, moderate turn.

Is this fair? Definitely, they have done the same when we toured there. We need to win.
Old July 18, 2014, 07:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Whenever we ve toured Zimbabwe they have prepared tracks that would put us at disadvantage, and benefit their quicks.

A key in this series will be how we prepare our tracks. I hope our pundits dont decide on preparing a belter. We need wickets with low bounce, moderate turn.

Is this fair? Definitely, they have done the same when we toured there. We need to win.
I watched all 3 recent Tests in ZIM and I never thought the wickets were an issue. We had a convincing win in one of them (140+ runs) and got thrashed in the other 2 due to just imploding like we love to do. The first 2013 Test in particular was unforgiveble, from 95-1 to 134 all out. Robiul extracted a lot from the wicket, swinging it like no other Bangladeshi fast bowler before with some seam movement at around 135 kph. Ziar too enjoyed some success. On the other side, Jarvis bowled a few jaffas but was completely picked apart in the 2nd Test, Shingi was solid getting some bounce and seam, but surprisingly the most dangerous bowler was Meth who was swinging the ball like a banana, albeit at 70 mph. He was almost impossible to get away. In short there was no mythical greentop. Was it a Mirpur style highway? Of course not, it was a sporting wicket for a seamer. You can say there was nothing in it for the spinners, and that is why Shakib, Gazi, and Enamul all struggled, though they all took a few scalps here and there.

My prediction on our usual Dhaka and CTG wickets will be something like us batting and putting on anywhere from 400-550. Trent Boult toiled on our wickets, their seamers will toil even more (Chatara is quite good, just as good as Jarvis). They have no spinners to speak of. Cremer would have picked a few wickets but would have gone for plenty. Their current spin attack will just go for plenty.

We don't have bowling firepower, even less so with Shakib out. But if we throw in Gazi and Taijul, or even another SLA, we can be sure that 55-60 overs of spin per day will be enough to fetch wickets even without bounce or turn on the surface. It only takes 10 arm balls against ZIM's technique. I suspect ZIM will score no more than 300, leading us to pick up a comfortable win of around 200 runs in all 3 tests. Not quite the level of the thrashing we've received in ZIM, but at this stage I'd take that.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 19, 2014, 02:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The surfaces should not be anything less than minefields. We are running out of time to move up the ladder and this is a golden opportunity. A 3 test series against the weakest possible test side. Make a surface they cant handle. let the turners enjoy the match.
Old July 20, 2014, 12:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

whitewash hobe ................... Zimbabwe will be totally doomed
Old September 9, 2014, 05:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh 2014

October 20-22 - Three-day game, Fatullah

October 25-29 - 1st Test, Dhaka
November 3-7 - 2nd Test, Khulna
November 12-16 - 3rd Test, Chittagong

November 19 - One-day practice match, Chittagong

November 21 - 1st ODI, Chittagong
November 23 - 2nd ODI, Chittagong
November 26 - 3rd ODI, Mirpur
November 28 - 4th ODI, Mirpur
December 1 - 5th ODI, Mirpur

-Cricinfo
Old September 9, 2014, 05:38 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Spinning track prepare korbey tarpor Mushy toss e jitey bowling nibey prothome
Old September 9, 2014, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Spinning track prepare korbey tarpor Mushy toss e jitey bowling nibey prothome
lol written script of BCB drama
Old September 9, 2014, 06:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Alhamdulillah fantastic news
Old September 9, 2014, 06:02 AM
Cricket Guru

This series will be really important for BD but just wondering thinking about the future of WC prep. What other series BD will play or participate before WC 2015 preperation? And how this series will help them in Aus/NZ where even Afg is going ahead and playing some practice matches. Is BCB and ofcourse hopeless fan of us waiting to see another disaster next year in Aussie land?
Old September 9, 2014, 10:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Associates are going in sep/Oct. Too much time between now and WC to really benefit them. If ICC was serious, they would have WCL D1 tourney in Oceania just weeks before the WC. 4 qualifiers plus 2 ODI associates.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 9, 2014, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

My prediction:

Fearing a 3-0 loss which would put them at #10 in the rankings table, ZC will refuse to pay the players and this series will get cancelled by the end of this month. Double win for ZC, keep the points and the players' salaries.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 17, 2014, 09:48 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If the current team and captain plays we will lose this series
Old September 20, 2014, 04:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If the current team and captain plays we will lose this series
Wondering when the BCB will realise the mistake of mushy as captain.
Old September 20, 2014, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

But Gowza what can we do abt it? Only other candidate is Shakib al Hasan, and i doubt BCB will move to him after a ban. Mashrafee not fit to play in longer. And i dont think we have a George Bailey in our domestic circuit.

With regards to the series, it should be a good contest. Outcome though depends heavily on the surface. Flat decks or ones with bounce will make it a more level playing field. But wicket with turn and low bounce will make us strong favorites. Already Sibanda has started complaining about surfaces http://newagebd.net/50825/sibanda-bl....9WCNKP50.dpbs

Doesnt remember how they treated our guys when they went to Zimbabwe, and the wickets they prepared.
Old September 20, 2014, 05:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Yeah I know but if it was my choice I'd go with shakib even though there are a few issues with him I think the team will do better, doubt BCB will agree though.
Old September 20, 2014, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Lets just hope Shakib comes out of this ban with all guns blazing, and is a better individual.

There's no one else who can take this job.
Old September 20, 2014, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Nothing but a clean BanglaBash would do!
Old September 20, 2014, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
But Gowza what can we do abt it? Only other candidate is Shakib al Hasan, and i doubt BCB will move to him after a ban. Mashrafee not fit to play in longer. And i dont think we have a George Bailey in our domestic circuit.

With regards to the series, it should be a good contest. Outcome though depends heavily on the surface. Flat decks or ones with bounce will make it a more level playing field. But wicket with turn and low bounce will make us strong favorites. Already Sibanda has started complaining about surfaces http://newagebd.net/50825/sibanda-bl....9WCNKP50.dpbs

Doesnt remember how they treated our guys when they went to Zimbabwe, and the wickets they prepared.
I disagree quite strongly. A flat wicket will favor the stronger batting side - which is Bangladesh by some margin (check how many centuries they have vs G8 sides). There is tiny chance ZIM might force a draw, but judging from the fact they've never even scored 400 against us, that is doubtful. They'd likely have to survive 150 overs of which half will be SLA. Too much for them with only 20 wickets in hand.

On a spin friendly surface the likes of Nyumbu will get assistance and he's a decent bowler.

Personally with 3 tests, I'd like to see a highway, a green top with bounce, and a square turner. ZIM couldn't complain that way. However, BCB will probably make low slow wickets for all games, and maybe a few turners.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 20, 2014, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

I thought those were good conditions. Very sporting, our batsmen threw it away mostly. Ball was swinging yes, but remember top order reached 100-1 before folding like fresh laundry. Jarvis, Shingi, Method combined to bowl a small handful of unplayable deliveries, whereas Robiul was bowling a Jaffa every other over. Remember it was Robiul getting player of the series...that would be like a ZIM spinner getting player of the series over Shakib/Taijul here in BD.

Whatever the conditions were, we drew 1-1, which is an adequate result given the overall lack of a gulf between the two sides and how strong ZIM are at home.

#OneTeam1Dream