facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Idiot BCB jege utho!

Old June 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Ashraful is loosing captaincy - Source Prothom Alo

Link: http://prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.det...TYwOTA2&mid=OA==

I will not say its a Breaking news...I was expecting something like this
New Captain - Mash
Deputy: Sakib

Hope this will help Bangladesh Cricket
Old June 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
for how long should we give him "one more chance"...way too many chances and way too much lost; lets have new blood and new brains;

btw lets dump this idea of 5 on field consultants - captain and vice captain thats it
well, when most of the players do not play well, then should all the blame go to Ashraful alone? i still see improvement in his captaincy, he just needs excellent support from his teammates and needs a couple of sensible innings...

hmmmm...i kinda feel like BANFAN

T20, as we know anything can happen...so this T20 WC should not be the only indicator for his sacking, besides, under his leadership we have been able to restrict opponent to lower totals in the recent past in both ODI and tests, if anything his leadership skills are not to blame, what is to blame is his BATTING, it sucks....BIG TIME
Old June 17, 2009, 05:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

At last. But I am afraid, that the solution of the problem will not be so simple.
Old June 17, 2009, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...l.php?mid=OA==
Old June 17, 2009, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

I don't know if this decision is right or wrong, or whether Ash'd been given a bit more time, but frustration has been surrounding me so deeply since that I needed a change and that's exactly what this is. Hopefully it works out.
Old June 17, 2009, 06:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Asfrafool or Mashrafee Does not matter. Same team, same players, same game, same stupid shot.
Old June 17, 2009, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

good news
now lets see what mash can do for bd, i wish him good luck
Old June 17, 2009, 06:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I wonder what they will do when Mash gives 15/20 runs from one over at the death and lose the match?

He has done this many times. And for this reason he hardly bowls at the death. He always performs poor when he feels the pressure.

I don't think he is a good option for hot seat.

If I was in charge, I would take the risk and appoint Shakib as captain.
Old June 17, 2009, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

a little translation please
Old June 17, 2009, 06:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

This thread should be merged with BCB Awakens!!!
Old June 17, 2009, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

no way shakib can be captain. mash either. i really think ash should continue until mushfiq or shakib is ready. or we can bring in someone older like nafis iqbal or SN.
Old June 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
I don't know if this decision is right or wrong, or whether Ash'd been given a bit more time, but frustration has been surrounding me so deeply since that I needed a change and that's exactly what this is. Hopefully it works out.
yes, truth be told, in this humongous mess, the selectors are as clueless as the players as the fans, they are in a difficult situation at the moment. you need masterful selection skills to nurture a developing cricket country like Bangladesh.

Last edited by Rifat; June 17, 2009 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: alhamdulillah! 4000th post!
Old June 17, 2009, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

akhon kotha hoilo Mashrafee ki ingraji paare?
Old June 17, 2009, 06:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

on field ashraful's captaincy isn't that bad, certainly not great but it's ok. we have no idea what things are like off field though and anyway ash simply isn't doing enough to hold a place in the team as a batsman and as a captain that influences the rest of the team. a new captain and someone in the team instead of ash would be good to see imo. i'm also happy that they're not just evaluating the captain but also the coaches, management and selections. hopefully this means the BCB will become more proactive and that they're really serious about fixing the cricket situation (from the players to the selectors to the facilities and infrastructure).
Old June 17, 2009, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Change will not bring much improvement for the BD players. Changing captain will not improve their skills, and IMO, I feel that a new captain before the WI tour will be disastrous.

Ash is quite cool on the field, Mash is very emotional, quick tempered, will not be able to control his temper on the field. I would keep Ash for the WI tour.

I feel that the coach should be changed, he has not brought anything new to this team. He really is not needed in the WI, The curret temporary coach can accompany them.
Old June 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Change will not bring much improvement for the BD players. Changing captain will not improve their skills, and IMO, I feel that a new captain before the WI tour will be disastrous.

Ash is quite cool on the field, Mash is very emotional, quick tempered, will not be able to control his temper on the field. I would keep Ash for the WI tour.

I feel that the coach should be changed, he has not brought anything new to this team. He really is not needed in the WI, The curret temporary coach can accompany them.
this is exactly what i wanted to say...thank you Ashraful should be fired after the Windies tour, regardless of results.
Old June 17, 2009, 07:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

best of luck to mash and sakib...hope they do better.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 17, 2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

It's an over reaction in a sense that this has been a long time coming and this sounded like they JUST woke up. We've been out over a week. It took them over a week to come out with this brilliant deduction? We're they waiting to see what BCCI does with Dhoni and co since BCB follows some of the drama from BCCI blindly.

Having said that, it's good to hear that they DID wake up. Ash is unfit, JS is unfit. We don't have a born leader but we can definitely give someone else a shot as a captain. I don't want Ash dropped from the team. That would be counter productive. Going for wholesale changes will make it even worse. I'm hoping this little emotional outburst was just that, an emotional outburst. BCB should rein in their belated ghum bhanga and focus that energy into rebuilding the team. First thing, create some sense of national pride and self belief.Our players clearly lacked both.
Old June 17, 2009, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I think the only way to try and get consistent performance from the players is to hit them where it hurts, their paycheck. As tigers eye mentioned we should have a salary structure for the players where they should get the minimum base salary needed to survive, and the rest should be based on pay per performance with good performance having the potential of earning a lot more than than the highest annual income a player makes now. This way we will save money on salary for the players as well which can be diverted into age group coaching where we should regualrly send different age group teams to play or practice in countries like Australia and England. This would build up a strong base for the future as well. But right now the most important aspect is to change the salary structure and make it totally performance based with a very min base salary which should be same for all contracted players. I propose a base salary of 10000 taka for each player a month with the potential of making in excess of 2.5 lakh a month from salary alone provided they achieve a certain level of performance. Keep in mind these player gets match fees as well so their income is enough to survive on even if they dont perform, just to ensure that they dont die of hunger while playing for the country. *rolls eyes*
Old June 17, 2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
First fire that Hira- the manager. Make Sujon the Manager and coach.
I though it should be Bagh mama...!
Old June 17, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cricket Guru

i doubt ashraful will get dropped from the test team since he's one of the very few BD players currently active who has a test century to his name (and is probably the only one with multiple test centuries to his name), and with his explosiveness the selectors will probably keep him in the other formats as well. i really don't see him making much of a contribution with his batting atm, at least not if he plays like he has been recently, hope he proves me wrong but history suggests he won't (not consistently anyway).
Old June 17, 2009, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

in regards to the salary structure, i always thought it was silly to pay them based on how many games they've played since guys like ashraful who have played a huge amount compared to the others but hasn't really contributed much more gets paid more. if they're going to give different pay to different players it should be based on performance.
Old June 17, 2009, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Knee-jerk reaction ... whole-sale changes is not the way to go now ...
And it never was. This reminds me of the Akram/Bulbul era shortly after a series of failures following the ICC trophy win when a bunch of oldies were given the axe and a fresh sack of blood brought in to replace them overnight; the consequences were trebly humiliating.
Old June 17, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
But for god's sake dont change the coach. A coach needs time to get accustomed to everything. Jamie has been doing good, its not his fault that ash threw his wicket away, or shakib played rash shots. Dont change the coach, dont follow India-Pakistans' footsteps.
How much time is enough time? How about a lifetime pass? Will that work?

It has been a good 20 months...out of those how many days this man actually coached the team? It is 60 days out of his 600 days with BD!
He took more vacation days than the actual coaching days. Now go and calculate how much it cost per day.
Show me the passion, intensity, innovation, determination and most importantly a game plan, p-l-e-a-s-e!

With this work ethics and intelligence, if he was in NFL or NBA he would get fired in 48 hours. In IPL he might last up to 4 games. And no, I am not kidding.
Just see his next assignment. Mr. Siddons is by no means a test caliber coach.

Even Khaled Mahmud Sujon can do much better than him for our team, and we don’t have to spend Quarter Million Dollars per year for that! Our soccer coach makes $4000/month!

It’s the coach who is responsible to coach the players, and then come up with right combination & right orders in the middle. For that he needs to work hard, he should be working
At least 8-5 to prepare players who will bring him glory and success.

Instead what you hear? He complains a team that does not listens to him, the team with most unfit players, the team that does not follow team rules, a team whose captain lacks intelligence.

This comes from a “coach” who has a full time manager, full time fielding coach, full time selectors and a full time “coach” who ironically also suppose to coach the captain and suppose to enforce the gameplan.

What a shame! A team does not listen to the coach! Anything else? Please find a team that will listen to your r*****h and leave the **** us alone!