facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Lol good thread Asif vai.

Mushi: Doura! doura! (hurrying other fielders to go after the ball)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old August 11, 2009, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

সাকিবের ব্যাথার কি অবস্থা? খেলার মধ্যে কি উৎসেয়া রানার নিতে দেয় নাই? আমার তাই মনে হলো।
ওই হালা রানার নিতে দেয় নাই দেখেই তো সাকিব চেইত্তা-মেইত্তা মাইরা ন্যাংটা করে দিল ওদের বোলারদের।
Old August 11, 2009, 03:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Roki to Shakib:
Moyna Arame, arame, (When Shakib was trying to slog few deliveries and failed).
And it worked!
Shakib started playing perfect cricketing shots and dispatching them out of the park.
Old August 11, 2009, 06:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Here is what I recall:

1) Tamim got beaten by a delivery from one of their pacers and Ash told him in a very caring manner "Tamim aramse dost"

2) More serious, Rokibul missed a direct hit oppurtunity while Shakib was bowling and Shakib said "shomai moto maarte parish na"

3) Commentators, when we were batting, we werent doing so badly with an opening partnership of 71 from 15 overs, but throughout that partnership, they kept on saying how Zimbabweans had done their homework and kept the batsmen under a tight leash. come on who are we kidding, it was a very good start under the circumstances batting first, nobody was kept in a tight leash.

4) Towards the end of our batting innings when Shakib was still at the crease and with around 4 overs remaining, it was looking like 350 would be attainable. One of the commentators was saying that Zimbabwe would be doing well to keep Bangladesh under 320, in that case it will be a almost run a ball chase and if Zimbabwe would take it over by over they could chase it and when our innings eventually ended at 320, they were extremely convinced that if Zimbabwe get a boundary every over and then milk singles they would win this match. And through out their batting innings, they were convinced Zimbabwe would win. Optimism is good but the extent they were going on today, it was borderline hilarious.

5) Back to stump mic, I dont remember which players were involved. I believe Stuart Matsikenyeri was batting and Enamul Haq Jnr was bowling. Riad hadnt got to his fielding position but Enam started bowling. Rahim stopped Enam and said "Enam dara Riad bhaiya akhono peche jainai...Sorry Stuart".

Thats all I remember, watched the entire match and it was one of the most fulfilling experiences.
Old August 11, 2009, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickey
This was the MOOOOST classic
* Willaims hits on air and ball just clears the ropes then third umpires checks the replays*
Zim Comm: YESS That's SIX!!!!
Athar: Ahhhhhhhh umpire is checking it...
Zim Comm: What a beautiful SHOT! MMM I hope it's 6! Will add six runs to the total!
Athar: I guess it's inside the robes.
Zim Com: mmmmmm I hope they give Six for this
Athar: Ahhhhh Well u get what you deserve and it's 4!

This is classic indeed. Hillarius!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Shakib to Mushi: "wkt'er majkhan diya douran". (ghurniwala'der kaj shohoj korar jonno porer inning'a)
Ash to Tamim: after four dot balls by Tamim, "kono run na hoila oshubidha nai". That is when Price got his maiden.
Shakib to Tamim: Pita.
That's brilliant team work. How did we have 4 run outs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Bangladesh
Here is what I recall:

1) Tamim got beaten by a delivery from one of their pacers and Ash told him in a very caring manner "Tamim aramse dost"

2) More serious, Rokibul missed a direct hit oppurtunity while Shakib was bowling and Shakib said "shomai moto maarte parish na"

3) Commentators, when we were batting, we werent doing so badly with an opening partnership of 71 from 15 overs, but throughout that partnership, they kept on saying how Zimbabweans had done their homework and kept the batsmen under a tight leash. come on who are we kidding, it was a very good start under the circumstances batting first, nobody was kept in a tight leash.

4) Towards the end of our batting innings when Shakib was still at the crease and with around 4 overs remaining, it was looking like 350 would be attainable. One of the commentators was saying that Zimbabwe would be doing well to keep Bangladesh under 320, in that case it will be a almost run a ball chase and if Zimbabwe would take it over by over they could chase it and when our innings eventually ended at 320, they were extremely convinced that if Zimbabwe get a boundary every over and then milk singles they would win this match. And through out their batting innings, they were convinced Zimbabwe would win. Optimism is good but the extent they were going on today, it was borderline hilarious.

5) Back to stump mic, I dont remember which players were involved. I believe Stuart Matsikenyeri was batting and Enamul Haq Jnr was bowling. Riad hadnt got to his fielding position but Enam started bowling. Rahim stopped Enam and said "Enam dara Riad bhaiya akhono peche jainai...Sorry Stuart".

Thats all I remember, watched the entire match and it was one of the most fulfilling experiences.

It looks like I missed more than a match - damn work !!! should have pulled a sicky.

Great thread by the way, thanks to the opener.
Old August 11, 2009, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think sakib said to rakib after missing the stumps... time moto martey paro na (faltu<- eta money money bolsey)...

Through out the game...

can you believe it? they dropped the catch
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! they got out

I thought if i was the bd commentator i would say Better belive it... cause its all happening...

Also time to time the commentators (zimbo) will say do this and get rid off the smile from ather...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 11, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
When the match was finished a Zimbabwean commentator "Probably I was a little bit biased in the last few overs of the game towards Zimbabwe. This can happen when we are a home side."
actually the guy who said this (dont' know the name), only the voice - was the most decent commentator of the 3. I actually didn't mind listening to him. He has a nice soft voice and recognizes that he was biased....

jeremy (really angry voice) is the most delusional I think.
Old August 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
can you believe it? they dropped the catch
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! they got out

As I've already mentoned in match thread, this is this guy's "haibit". I don't think he can help it. He was biased but I don't think this was it...

He said the same thing when Raquibul got caught after they dropped two sakib's catches.

"Can you beleive it, they actually held onto one" (referring to zimbabwe).
"What does Sakib have to do to get out" (after two simpole catches missed).

I thought he was geniuinely making some jokes till he repeated "can u believe it" thousand times....
Old August 11, 2009, 07:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadhat
One commie said "Karachi is in India"
Then another straight the way said "NOOO, Karachi is not in India". Nice stuff!
And then the first one says something like "you know your geography really well!"
hahaha what a joke!
Old August 11, 2009, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Daniel Vettori

Mahmudullah To Coventry -
Zimm Commies: "SIX.....MASSIVE HIT. THAT ONE IS OUT OF THE PARK"

Next Ball

Zimm Commies: "AND ANOTHER ONE!! THIS ONE IS EVEN BIGGER" and caught (Moment of silence)
"Can you believe it? He's gone"
Coventry 61 c. Naaem Islam b. Mahmudullah

Idiots.
Old August 11, 2009, 10:43 PM

Clearly they are not used to sports TV commentary, they should learn watching other cricket matches in the world or sports. And perhaps couple of them seemed very young [mid twenties or like] and never had chance to pick up mike.

But our Atahar must stop calling 'Bangla Wash', it sounds so arrogant, naked and stupid. At best he can call it 'Green Wash' linking Bangladesh with its green color.
Old August 11, 2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz_ca
"Can u beleive it"
after every zim wct or when they dropped out batsman,
you make me lough...brother.
Old August 11, 2009, 10:57 PM
Banned

athar......he is not gona hold him self...[he said,every time some one hit the ball].
Old August 11, 2009, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanvir703

Next Ball

Zimm Commies: "AND ANOTHER ONE!! THIS ONE IS EVEN BIGGER" and caught (Moment of silence)

Idiots.
Almost like Jafarullah Sharafat's "Chomotkar shottttt...kintu BOWLED!!!".
Old August 11, 2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

from zim comentators.......i never saw, that big six...... this is the biggest six of this park.
Old August 11, 2009, 11:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Spot on. It does make sense of Bangla Wash. White wash and Bangla wash does not go together. Its not even funny. He was trying to promote "Bangla Wash"?

Stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Clearly they are not used to sports TV commentary, they should learn watching other cricket matches in the world or sports. And perhaps couple of them seemed very young [mid twenties or like] and never had chance to pick up mike.

But our Atahar must stop calling 'Bangla Wash', it sounds so arrogant, naked and stupid. At best he can call it 'Green Wash' linking Bangladesh with its green color.
Old August 11, 2009, 11:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedmahm
This is slightly off the topic, but I could not resist myself to share. As far as Athar is concerned, I can remember something. It came out I think a couple of years ago, I even can't recall the series/tournament. But, in the commentrey box, Athar was with Rabi Shastri. Rabi asked Athar, where in Dhaka is recommended for shopping? Athar goes, "I don't shop in Dhaka".
Now take that.......I will never ever forget this, how much dumb he was to say that kind of thing!
hahahahahaha!
Old August 11, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

they are not even funny!! annoying very often!!
well - i had fun listening our boys chit-chat - pure enjoyment!
Old August 12, 2009, 09:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricadda
from zim comentators.......i never saw, that big six...... this is the biggest six of this park.
thats coz they only watch Zimbawe's batting innings :P
Old August 12, 2009, 09:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan

Couldn't agree more. This 'Bangla wash' word p*** me right off! There is no replacement for 'whitewash'... any other words could only promote racism unintentionally.
Old August 12, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I don't know who said it, but during 2nd ODI on Tamim's four stright down the ground...the commentator said "That must be as hard as anyone has ever hit the cricket ball. The bowler didn't even get a chance to duck, the umpire moved after the ball went through."

That was a great shot to be honest. It went right next to the head of the bowler, and the bowler didn't know that the ball was past him until it was actually gone. Tremendous power.
Old August 12, 2009, 09:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I don't know who said it, but during 2nd ODI on Tamim's four stright down the ground...the commentator said "That must be as hard as anyone has ever hit the cricket ball. The bowler didn't even get a chance to duck, the umpire moved after the ball went through."

That was a great shot to be honest. It went right next to the head of the bowler, and the bowler didn't know that the ball was past him until it was actually gone. Tremendous power.
If that ball hit the bowler that could have done something terrible. Thanks to Allah nothing happen really.
Old August 12, 2009, 10:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanvir703

Next Ball

Idiots.

Old August 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

It was Tamim. He is the hardest hitter in BD lineup. He had that reputation while playing at school.

The blow was tremendous. before that Tamim was just plugging along. Very unlike Tamim. Before that over he went 37 balls without a boundary.
Quote:
Chibhabha to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, smashed, the line wasn't right for the shot but Tamim had made up his mind, short of a good length on middle and off, charges down the track and hammers it back past the bowler who is lucky to evade it, the umpire's luckier and Tamim gets four more
Old August 12, 2009, 01:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickey
This was the MOOOOST classic
* Willaims hits on air and ball just clears the ropes then third umpires checks the replays*
Zim Comm: YESS That's SIX!!!!
Athar: Ahhhhhhhh umpire is checking it...
Zim Comm: What a beautiful SHOT! MMM I hope it's 6! Will add six runs to the total!
Athar: I guess it's inside the robes.
Zim Com: mmmmmm I hope they give Six for this
Athar: Ahhhhh Well u get what you deserve and it's 4!
Haha.....funny....

Thumbs up to Athar....he mentioned what means to "Banglawash" to those commentators

I also agree with the Pan pannani of the biased Zim Commentators.....what else if they wouldnt have missed the catch...etc.----The point is they missed the most loppa catch..thats not our problem