facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2014, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Even Rajin Saleh himself will find this thread funny.

Old November 23, 2014, 05:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Their situation is similar to Naeem. They all have a chance to get selected in the future. But Rajin Saleh? Wtf. I wonder for how long the OP has been following BD cricket. Even Rajin Saleh himself will find this thread funny.
Too long.
Old November 23, 2014, 06:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah naeem is still in the fray though imo we have a number of options to pursue ahead of him, saleh has no chance of coming back, i just don't think he's in the selectors minds, even still at best he's a stop gap solution as opener in tests, he's has great temperament, technique and footwork but seems limited in the shots he can play against quality bowling unfortunately otherwise he could have been another mushy.
Old November 23, 2014, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I love the suggestion about Naeem Islam replacing Hom in Tests.

Rajin Saleh does run a Cricket Academy in Sylhet if i am not mistaken...
Old November 24, 2014, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I love the suggestion about Naeem Islam replacing Hom in Tests.

Rajin Saleh does run a Cricket Academy in Sylhet if i am not mistaken...
I don't think batting naeem at 7 or 8 in tests is a good idea, if he's going to have a strike rate in the 30s or low 40s to mid 40s and bat with the tail then it might waste time but won't get the team many runs.
Old November 24, 2014, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Their situation is similar to Naeem. They all have a chance to get selected in the future. But Rajin Saleh? Wtf. I wonder for how long the OP has been following BD cricket. Even Rajin Saleh himself will find this thread funny.
Nothing is impossible son unless you are a seriously hopeless person (probably you are) . .take example of Mike hussy , C. Rogers etc. Never back down !!

Last edited by Rana Melb; November 24, 2014 at 03:54 AM..
Old November 24, 2014, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

No reason why saleh shouldn't be considered if he's performing well, he does have an FC average in the mid 30s with 14 tons which by BD standards is still a pretty good record, that mid 30s average includes his test run of 20 odd matches which obviously brings his FC average down a bit so really he's been one of the most consistent batsmen Domestically BD has produced, that strike rate is a worry though, and also I believe the reason he struggled in international cricket is that he didn't have enough scoring shots off good quality bowling so got bogged down, pressured and ended up getting out for not many, though he took up time and balls.

Last edited by Gowza; November 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM..
Old November 24, 2014, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

cricketers reach their peak time at the age of 30 and
BD players retires or out of focus, when they reach even 27

fans --- want them to retire before they were even 25

i think all these players have a chance to come back--if their form is good enough
Old November 25, 2014, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Ashraful might be the only person who has the capability to come back to bd national team after a break of 5/6 years.
Old November 26, 2014, 06:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Welcome back. You are the bomb.
Cheers...
I have a week off work. what a week lots of cricket I can watch, and Join in the debates too.
Old December 3, 2014, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Nayeem rocks at DPL...THis is an interesting case for selectors. He might be considered for WC IF he continues like this
Old December 3, 2014, 03:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Nayeem rocks at DPL...THis is an interesting case for selectors. He might be considered for WC IF he continues like this
Strike rate not good enough, for that he can't take a batting spot or an all rounder spot which are currently held by shakib and riyad, so he'd have to take a spin bowling spot and he's got sunny, taijul and jubair to contend with....
Old December 3, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Mohammedan has three bits and piece cricketers to bat at top three while Mithun and Naeem hides at #4 and #5 respectively. The result is that Mohammedan consistently lose early wickets. The situation is so bad that they even brought back Mehrab Opee from retirement, just to see off the new ball.

This is a big no no for a senior cricketer like Naeem. He should at least bat at #3 to prevent regular collapse like this (I mean the guy used to be an opener at one point of his career). If he is going to be so afraid of the new ball at our own backyeard, there is no point really to take him to Australia.
Old December 6, 2014, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

At last main gate has opened for nayeem. .but it would be hard for him to break through 15 man squad.
Old December 7, 2014, 12:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Any chance for Syed Rasel?
Old December 30, 2014, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Nayeem has a good chance to come back.. he is one of the best cricketers in current dpl. His SR is improving too...

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...p=2&match=1047

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be picked for national side?
Old December 30, 2014, 10:27 PM
Banned

Yup, Ash wil come back and this time definitely score 200
Old December 30, 2014, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i am sure selectors are not stupid and they will select naeem for the team. he has rare consistency among bangla cricketer. not sure, if he will make top XI, but certainly he deserve to be in 15.

he is way better than marshall ayub, shamusur, imrul kayes, and inconsistent sabbir
Old December 31, 2014, 02:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
i am sure selectors are not stupid and they will select naeem for the team. he has rare consistency among bangla cricketer. not sure, if he will make top XI, but certainly he deserve to be in 15.

he is way better than marshall ayub, shamusur, imrul kayes, and inconsistent sabbir
I like Naeem a lot and have praised him in the past but you can't compare him with players like Imrul, Shamsur and even Shabbir. Naeem's role is different from them. He bats primarily at 4 and 5. Imrul and Shamsur bat as openers or at the most will drop to 3. Shabbir even bats down at 6 and 7. The only one I'll compare him with here is Marshall but even Marshall bats at 3. Same with Mominul but Naeem has rarely batted at 3.

If we want Naeem in then he'll have to take either Mushy, Shakib or Riyad's spot but there's no way he can beat those guys out for obvious reasons. So that's where you can place him at either 3 or 7. Again the problem is he doesn't bat at 3 and isn't a lower order hitter.

Therefore, players like Imrul, Shamsur, Soumya, Nasir, Shabbir and Mominul will all be considered before him because they have skills that they can offer more than Naeem. In Imrul and Shamsur's case, it's to bat in the top order, Mominul is to bat at 3, Nasir and Shabbir to bat as finishers and lastly Soumya as a top order bat and part time seamer. Sadly Naeem doesn't offer these skills to the table, hence he'll most likely miss out barring injuries.
Old December 31, 2014, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I like Naeem a lot and have praised him in the past but you can't compare him with players like Imrul, Shamsur and even Shabbir. Naeem's role is different from them. He bats primarily at 4 and 5. Imrul and Shamsur bat as openers or at the most will drop to 3. Shabbir even bats down at 6 and 7. The only one I'll compare him with here is Marshall but even Marshall bats at 3. Same with Mominul but Naeem has rarely batted at 3.

If we want Naeem in then he'll have to take either Mushy, Shakib or Riyad's spot but there's no way he can beat those guys out for obvious reasons. So that's where you can place him at either 3 or 7. Again the problem is he doesn't bat at 3 and isn't a lower order hitter.

Therefore, players like Imrul, Shamsur, Soumya, Nasir, Shabbir and Mominul will all be considered before him because they have skills that they can offer more than Naeem. In Imrul and Shamsur's case, it's to bat in the top order, Mominul is to bat at 3, Nasir and Shabbir to bat as finishers and lastly Soumya as a top order bat and part time seamer. Sadly Naeem doesn't offer these skills to the table, hence he'll most likely miss out barring injuries.
This is why Nayeem should be selected as a Backup, not necessary as a first 11. His technique is more suitable for Australia. Plus, his fielding and bowling would be an asset - an ideal Backup cricketer for WC squad. I am sure he will shine. Currently He offers more than Mominul.

I would be very disappointed if he is not picked.
Old December 31, 2014, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
This is why Nayeem should be selected as a Backup, not necessary as a first 11. His technique is more suitable for Australia. Plus, his fielding and bowling would be an asset - an ideal Backup cricketer for WC squad. I am sure he will shine. Currently He offers more than Mominul.

I would be very disappointed if he is not picked.
If selections would be tomorrow, I think this will most likely be the batsmen selected

Tamim
Anamul
Imrul
Riyad
Shakib
Mushy
Shabbir
Nasir
Soumya

So currently I'd have Mominul, Naeem and Shamsur out. We got 1 more round that may make a difference but selectors will likely announce the squad by the 3rd or 4th. So we'll see what happens