facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 27, 2022, 03:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Would you agree mediocrity is in-grained into the bangladeshi psyche, i have seen it not only in cricket but in other areas as well.

Also, you speak about diet, how would you justify SL,Pakistan having fast bowlers that consistently bowl in the 140s

Aren't diets similar to ours?
When you put the diet in question you have to put work ethic in parallel with that. Pak SL Ind players I doubt eat gamla vora rice 300 days out of 365 days.

Forget about us just look at West Bengal. We are more alike to them then SL PAK players. West Bengal just like us in their cricket history has produced only one world class player

Old October 27, 2022, 04:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
The question is kun bus? BRTC naki bhanga chora local bus?
Murir Tin Bus
Old October 27, 2022, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Murir Tin Bus
We are the Bang Bus, but we aren't the ones doing the banging.
Old October 27, 2022, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Man, we have been playing since the 2007 WC, and still can't do sheet in this format. New captain, coach, etc will not make a difference till new core players with proper structure and training shows up. Another 20 more years?
Old October 27, 2022, 07:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
How does a 1600 rated team like IRE manage to produce decent T20 openers meanwhile we rock make shift openers? How does a 1600 rated IRE manage to knock out 2 times world champions and then go on to beat world cup champions Eng in the main event?

We have been getting outclassed, rear end kicked, insert other adjectives here for how long now? I guess losing to RSA ain't all that bad.
I would say Ireland is slightly better team than us. Our win loss percentage in T20 is ~34, whereas Irealand's is ~44. They also specifically focus in T20s.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/co...ds/283307.html

As for your answer to beating world champs, we also had our moments of success in ODIs in our halcyon days. Anomaly proves nothing, consistency does.

Forging takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day. I understand we are all upset but censuring a team doesn't help. We have to find our deficiency and work on them setting aside emotion.

As an aside, I noticed the team that beats us first goes on to become tournament champions. Be it Sri Lanka in Asia Cup or Pakistan in NZ Tri-Series. Point being, we just don't know how strong South Africa is this world cup.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 27, 2022, 07:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Don't worry in last world cup we invited the future WC finalists in mirpur spin dungeon and beat them..this time we will invite the WC current finalists and beat them in mirpur spin dungeon..pfft we are the champions yo..this world cups are bogus
Old October 27, 2022, 08:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Man look at the way Zim is playing against Pakistan.
Old October 27, 2022, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Fans be malding....lol

Old October 27, 2022, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Siddons basically called our batters dumb. Obviously they don't have the ability to hit sixes effortlessly like Rossouw, so they need to learn to play according to their limitations. There were discussions before the match how to milk 2s and 3s on a big Sydney ground. But looks like our batters forgot all about those strategies during the match.
Old October 27, 2022, 11:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Siddons basically called our batters dumb. Obviously they don't have the ability to hit sixes effortlessly like Rossouw, so they need to learn to play according to their limitations.
Putting aside the lack of brains, surely at some point this excuse can't be constantly parroted by the team and staff, with the way cricket is going and the future of it, its evident T20s is here to stay and this team either needs to adapt to it or just stop playing all together.

Sure our players will never be the power hitters teams like WI, SA, Afg etc have, but hitting boundaries doesn't require just power alone, you can achieve it via a bit of brains, technique and timing which our players lack. A bit of strength training is probably required too, as players from SL/Ind/Pak with similar physique to ours are still able to hit boundaries .

No idea what the coaching staff is doing or who BCB is hiring to look into this. Our batting looks the same as last WC even after hiring Sriram and whatever he has done would have probably been the same under Domingo anyways. Every single other team in this WC, including the associates, are ahead of us in this format and that can't be blamed on 'lack of power hitters'. Heck, even Ned hit more boundaries than us in their loss, and they would have won if not for their inexperience.
Old October 27, 2022, 11:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

I had the (mis)fortune of watching Bangladesh take on South Africa from the supporters zone at SCG. It was a cracker of a start from Bangladesh with that first over, but in retrospect had Bavuma stayed on for the first 5-6 overs it would have been better for us.

Overs 3-15 was when the game was truly lost. With the Proteas 150 up in just 13 or so overs had they just declared then there was no way Bangladesh would be able to chase that.

It honestly felt like they had given up after the batting power play. Seeing the players up close there is a remarkable difference between fitness levels of Bangladeshi and South African cricketers too.
Old October 27, 2022, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

They should have less biriyani and hit the gym more. If you are a professional athlete you need to look the part, the Inzamam-ul-Haq days are over.
Old October 28, 2022, 01:53 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
They should have less biriyani and hit the gym more. If you are a professional athlete you need to look the part, the Inzamam-ul-Haq days are over.
Out of curiosity, who were the more unathletic players yesterday? (Given that Yasir was benched...)
Old October 28, 2022, 04:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Nice to see you Navo! Very interested in hearing your views on the Amber Heard trial and Alex Jones defamation case.

Old October 28, 2022, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
They should not be encouraged by Pakistani players including the original Afridi team who would eat Biryani and kebabs during a tournament.

I don’t think these guys have proper nutritionists. Even if they did some probably are unprofessional and some even smoke.

I can’t see from which angle Yasir Ali is a professional athlete. Lad doesn’t even have the capacity to be a drinks boy because of the fast legs required.
Old October 28, 2022, 04:51 PM
Cricket Guru

After his outburst to the media, questions being raised about Siddons' ability to coach batters for T20 format:

Old October 29, 2022, 12:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
They should not be encouraged by Pakistani players including the original Afridi team who would eat Biryani and kebabs during a tournament.

I don’t think these guys have proper nutritionists. Even if they did some probably are unprofessional and some even smoke.

I can’t see from which angle Yasir Ali is a professional athlete. Lad doesn’t even have the capacity to be a drinks boy because of the fast legs required.
Old October 29, 2022, 03:02 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't think anyone apart from Taskin maybe strike me as being athletic.
Old October 29, 2022, 04:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Nice to see you Navo! Very interested in hearing your views on the Amber Heard trial and Alex Jones defamation case.
Nice to see you too Zee Hope you're well! Tbh I don't have strong views on either case, this sort of litigation never held much appeal for me. What did you make of them?
Old October 29, 2022, 05:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Nice to see you too Zee Hope you're well! Tbh I don't have strong views on either case, this sort of litigation never held much appeal for me. What did you make of them?
Hi Morshed. Thanks for the reply! As you know, I was half-joking. Don't mean to derail this thread.. but although my political compass is left-leaning, it has shifted to the right a lot. I haven't followed Amber Heard trial, but trillion dollar for alleged defamation is just beyond Hammurabbi draconian and overkill, if not our democracy in danger. I do not want to live in a world where we have to tread on eggshells and watch every diacritic lest we get blackballed and crucified. It was nothing more than a political hit job.

Apologies to OP for going off-topic.

Old October 29, 2022, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
I don't think anyone apart from Taskin maybe strike me as being athletic.

Zia
Shahadat
Shakib has beefed up too.
Old October 29, 2022, 08:20 AM
Cricket Savant

• Ebadot is highly athletic. His air force training served him well.
  • Rubel also was very muscular as was Mashrafe.
  • Tamim was ok. As Firas Zahabi pointed out, sometimes if you bulk up too much it backfires upon you. Look at the muay thai soldiers. They are lithe but spank like whip.
  • I also don't think Yasir is in such a bad shape. He is a bit chubby but when he strikes he packs a punch.

Old October 29, 2022, 08:35 AM
Cricket Savant

I remember Athar Ali Khan was talking about opposition and saying: "Oh you don't know. Now the required run rate is getting exceedingly difficult. Over 12 runs an over." And I think the other commentator was Ian Bishop or someone, I can't remember, and he basically brushed him off. "12.00 runs an over is nothing in modern day cricket."

That is our problem right there. We have an impoverished mindset and need to stretch it. Razab once asked the coach here if we practice simulation of fielding or something. Well, we better start simulating scenarios during practice where we need 33 runs required off final over or won't last too long in this game.

Here is an example of both power hitting and elegance. Our mindset is "Don't hit too many sixes esp. if you just hit few and try to milk it." Goes on to show, that may need not be the case all the time. You can hit sixes and STILL be pleasing to the eyes.