facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 16, 2012, 03:26 AM
MLC World Series I

Real Madrid take on the Kuwait NT in a friendly today

Old May 16, 2012, 04:57 AM
MLC World Series I

Well here's a comedy video. Higuain doesn't see the glass door and slams his face right into it! Everyone goes nuts including the guards!

EPIC!
Old May 16, 2012, 02:36 PM
MLC World Series I

FT: Kuwait 0 - 2 Real Madrid. Cristiano & Di Maria the scorers. 2.8 million Euros in the bank.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's amazing how some players are heroes for their clubs and sometimes even their countries but consistently fail big time in grand occasions such as the World Cup. Take Cristiano for example, although he wasn't all that bad when Portugal reached the semis in 2006.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:27 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It's amazing how some players are heroes for their clubs and sometimes even their countries but consistently fail big time in grand occasions such as the World Cup. Take Cristiano for example, although he wasn't all that bad when Portugal reached the semis in 2006.
Why only take Cristiano for that example? Even Messi is a complete flop so far when it comes to Argentina. Just shows that they don't get quality services at the NT. Argentina may have a very good and strong squad but they don't play like a team, no chemistry. Whereas, Portugal doesn't have much quality players.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Cristiano was, as I said, just an example. As you pointed out, Messi is another very good one. One other name that comes to mind is Fernando Torres. He's very good, but still a bit overrated. David Villa is easily the best striker in Spain and one of the best in the world, but very underrated. Just goes to show the difference in quality between the EPL and la Liga. The latter > the former.
Old May 18, 2012, 06:17 AM
MLC World Series I

Amazing, 121 league goals in 4 mins!

Old May 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
MLC World Series I

CR when asked by CNN on being compared to Messi
Quote:
I'm sometimes tired of the competition. Maybe for him too. We push other each other in the competition. This is why Madrid & Barca are best in the world. Some people say I'm better, some say him, but at the end of the day I like to think at the moment it's me
Old May 19, 2012, 05:03 AM
MLC World Series I

One of the greatest manager of all time, if not the greatest yet.

Love the series..

Old May 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
MLC World Series I

Real Madrid B with 3 vital away goals in the playoffs. Second Division here we come!
Old May 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
MLC World Series I

Legend!
Old May 27, 2012, 03:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I'm an FCB die hard but truth be told. Casillas is possibly the greatest goalkeeper of all time. Certainly way better than the eternally mediocre Valdes still living on Catalan nepotism. He's the reason why we couldn't sign Canizares when we had the chance. Puyol is another overrated player who looks much better than he actually is because of our great team. Anyway ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 27, 2012, 03:49 AM
MLC World Series I

The thing I like about Iker is, he rises and performs on the biggest of occasions and saves the day. I remember the first time I saw Iker, Spain vs Ireland in the 2002 WC. And I fell in love.

Puyol >> Pique anyday. Off late, both of them have been erratic but Puyol has a certain class. But in my generation, the classiest defender is Nesta. Hands down.
Old May 27, 2012, 04:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Puyol spends a lot of time running back to recover lost position, sometimes costing the team. He is better than the likes of Jamie Carragher for sure, but "class" is stretching it when compared to other liberos in the game. Pique plays a unique position suited to Barcelona football. He plays a role somewhere between a traditional stopper and a defensive midfielder (like Mikkel) and doesn't require a lot of multiple tackles or touches. That being said, his one touch is pivotal once someone like Xavi wins the ball at midfield and then passes it back to him to start the forward triangulation.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 27, 2012, 04:07 AM
MLC World Series I

But the number of times Pique has been caught off position this season is immense and worrying for Spain. Pep even left him out of certain clashes for "tactical reasons"
Old May 27, 2012, 04:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Pique didn't have a particularly good season, that's true, but I still think he fits the scheme of things well at Barca. He does better with someone like Abidal in the team. That being said, other than Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Messi, nobody's beyond being benched in the team in light of players who deserve a chance. Pep gave opportunities to versatile defenders like Fontas, Adriano and Enrique to assess the team's depth. That has always been his style usually in non critical matches.
Old May 27, 2012, 04:28 AM
MLC World Series I

On the other hand, 30 mins to the kick-off for Real Madrid Castilla - Cadiz playoff for the Segunda division. Real Madrid Castilla have the advantage with three away goals from the 1st Leg.

Looking forward to a mini Clasico in the Second Division from next season, Real Madrid B vs Barcelona B
But first, the match.
Old May 27, 2012, 04:30 AM
Cricket Savant

^Those are always good too.
Old May 28, 2012, 03:57 AM
MLC World Series I

Congratulations Real Madrid Castilla on reaching the Second Division. Here we come, Barcelona B. Another mini-Clasico to look forward to.

Highlights of the Second Leg:
Old May 29, 2012, 04:01 AM
MLC World Series I

I hope the rumours are true about him being linked to Madrid. We can offload one of Di Maria/Kaka and get him or get him on a loan. Amazing talent. Dribbles past players like Messi but has got his own style.

Old May 31, 2012, 06:08 AM
MLC World Series I

Benz in the new Home kit

Old May 31, 2012, 07:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Although I do not like Madrid (a dedicated Barca fan )....but my love for Iker Casillas will be always there:.....kudos to his leadership and game-plan
Old June 1, 2012, 11:44 PM
MLC World Series I

Won the first leg, 3-0. One step towards becoming the Segunda B champions!

Old June 4, 2012, 07:41 AM
MLC World Series I

Old July 10, 2012, 08:55 AM
MLC World Series I

Well, Madrid is one of the four clubs in La Liga not to make a signing so far. But that is all about to change, with Modric reportedly moving to the Spanish capital. He is said to be costing 40million, but AVB wants Carvalho as a part of his staff. That could see, the price reduced to 35million.

I hope Mou knows what he's doing. 35 million to warm a bench? Hope not. Moreover, don't know who's going to be in starting XI on a consistent basis. Feel sad for the Turkish international, Nuri Sahin who's making a comeback after a long injury.

Also, as Castilla(Real Madrid B) made the promotion to Segunda A(Second Div), the Spanish U19 right back, Dani Carvajal has caught the eyes of the Germans, Bayer Levurkusen. He's moving for a fee of 5 million. West Ham are also interested in one of the other Castilla players. Jesé Rodríguez, who is currently playing in the Euro U19 for the Spanish is the top scorer so far. Also, another impressive talent, Morata is promoted to the first team.

The draws has been made for the next season fixtures. El Clasico will be sometime in October whereas the mini El Clasico, Madrid B vs Barcelona B is the second game in the Second Division. Castilla's first game is against the Yellow Submarines, Villareal, who got relegated last season.