facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2010, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Raqibul Sucks

Get him out of the ODI team for gods sake and save us from the pain of watching such horrendous innings

Play him in the test team, he might make a decent enough test player. But he sucks big time in odis. Nevermind how many runs he scores or what average he has. He lives in the 80's and this wont work anymore.

Jahurul is a much better replacement. I won't mind even Shehriar Nafees now to be in the XI, but Raqibul is such a pain.

Old October 11, 2010, 09:13 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Tell me about it! What the hell was he thinking playing an innings like that? I thought he was a changed man when he hit that 76 against England, but it seems he's gone back to his old self. A career strike rate of 61 is laughable. Shahriar Nafees for #4!!
Old October 11, 2010, 09:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Pollock

nah,man,i disagree!Raqibul is too good,his form may be dipping,but he along with Mushfiq,i believe are the most technically correct batsmen in the team,i'd be annoyed if he were to be dropped,and for god's sake,man,he just scored a 76 against England 3 innings back with a strike-rate of 80!...i say give him a little more time,by the time the WC comes,iam sure he'll be out there kicking the pants off the Indian attack!

Iam a big supporter of Jaharul too,he's a really good player to be warming the benches,wish he'd be in the starting XI,but the sad question remains,who does he replace?
Old October 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Tell me about it! What the hell was he thinking playing an innings like that? I thought he was a changed man when he hit that 76 against England, but it seems he's gone back to his old self. A career strike rate of 61 is laughable. Shahriar Nafees for #4!!
SN is a fine player of spin. We seriously can consider him at #4. Once Tamim comes back it will not be easy to decide the opening pair. SN at 4 may be the solution. Jahurul is also a contender of the spot.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

let's try SN and TI once more,if they click then let's chuck out imruilla from the odi team.and as for the rok,he should be replaced by jahurul,he could also go to the test team
Old October 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed
nah,man,i disagree!Raqibul is too good,his form may be dipping,but he along with Mushfiq,i believe are the most technically correct batsmen in the team,i'd be annoyed if he were to be dropped,and for god's sake,man,he just scored a 76 against England 3 innings back with a strike-rate of 80!...i say give him a little more time,by the time the WC comes,iam sure he'll be out there kicking the pants off the Indian attack!

Iam a big supporter of Jaharul too,he's a really good player to be warming the benches,wish he'd be in the starting XI,but the sad question remains,who does he replace?
I don't know what you mean by technically correct, but the guy can't find the damn gaps to save his life. That innings in England which he played till the batting powerplay was the only one I can remember of him having a decent strike rate. Most of the time he's a pain to watch.

Jahurul meanwhile hasn't played any big innings, but whatever little he has played he has played it well by ODI standards. He plays ODIs like ODIs and tests like tests.

And I don't get where this Indian attack thing came from. And sure we're already wetting our pants thinking about Raqibul destroying our bowlers
Old October 11, 2010, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
SN is a fine player of spin. We seriously can consider him at #4. Once Tamim comes back it will not be easy to decide the opening pair. SN at 4 may be the solution. Jahurul is also a contender of the spot.
Maybe SN can be sent in to open to make most of the batting powerplay with Tamim. Even if one of them gets out within 10 overs, it's a hell lot of runs

Imrul's batting is more suited for #3 or #4, where he can play the way he's doing now. I won't mind Imrul opening, he is a decent player of the new ball.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:31 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
I've always said Shahriar Nafees is more effective at #4 than as an opener. He's showed before he's an excellent player of spin and he showed that today as well. It's no surprise that he averages 36 in Bangladesh. I think we should let Imrul have the opener spot as he's more effective there. He's also hit 7 50+ scores this year, 6 of which have come against a g8 team, so it would be unfair to drop him. He's done a great job for us this year and he plays to a plan, he just needs to speed it up a bit. He doesn't give his wicket away often like the aaa, and it's nice to see the score at 50/0, rather than 5/1. Between the two I'd much prefer SN at #4 than Imrul.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
I've always said Shahriar Nafees is more effective at #4 than as an opener. He's showed before he's an excellent player of spin and he showed that today as well. It's no surprise that he averages 36 in Bangladesh. I think we should let Imrul have the opener spot as he's more effective there. He's also hit 7 50+ scores this year, 6 of which have come against a g8 team, so it would be unfair to drop him. He's done a great job for us this year and he plays to a plan, he just needs to speed it up a bit. He doesn't give his wicket away often like the aaa, and it's nice to see the score at 50/0, rather than 5/1. Between the two I'd much prefer SN at #4 than Imrul.
LOL dropping Imrul is out of equation. He's not a sucker like Raqibul - is a bit slow but he can rotate the strike and find the gaps very well.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Roqibul ROCKS!!

He is a level headed guy who is very much required in our talented top order batting line-up. Imrul and Roqibul adds crucial balance to our flamboyant and adventerous young batsmen heavy batting order.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed

You are technically sound doesn't mean you are fit for international cricket. You have to score runs at least at a decent pace. Unfortunately Raqibul most of the time lacks that motivation. Stabilizing the middle order is import which he does. Accelerating later on is also important which he fails regularly. As a result most of the times he puts the team under pressure. Strike rate of 61.62 is simply unacceptable from a top order batsman at this level.

I would also question his technical abilities. Though he didn't play many test matches, yet....He has an average of 19.14 in 7 test he played so far. He is technically very weak at deliveries outside the off stamp or leaving the off stamp. I have seen him getting out behind the wicket a lot of times against these deliveries.

He needs to improve his mindset. Current team has better players benched. He needs to improve if he wants his spot in the team.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Agreed 100% with Miraz bhai. We need coupl of level headed batsmen to balance the batting line up.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Roqibul ROCKS!!

He is a level headed guy who is very much required in our talented top order batting line-up. Imrul and Roqibul adds crucial balance to our flamboyant and adventerous young batsmen heavy batting order.
I beg to differ Miraz bhai. His attitude inside and off the field during the last one year doesn't suggest in favor of his mental maturity. He is not good in decision making. Be it while batting or while making dramas.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Roqibul ROCKS!!

OK and let them keep on getting 230 runs and blame it all on siddons. And that 230 is if Mashrafe and Shakib plays well during the death.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Roqibul ROCKS!!

Good to see someone understanding the importance of Raqibul.
I am finding it hard to believe that people are blaming him for playing slow today, was there a bonus point on offer for an early win? No. And we still won with 10 overs to spare, what's the complaint?
I think Raqibul is a long term #4 for us, he may be struggling a bit, but he is player well worth investing in.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

This argument will go no where.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Guys I'm all in for a batsman who can consolidate the middle order. But consolidation is one thing and hogging strike is another. And a strike rate of 61 in modern day cricket is pathetic to say the least.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Good to see someone understanding the importance of Raqibul.
I am finding it hard to believe that people are blaming him for playing slow today, was there a bonus point on offer for an early win? No. And we still won with 10 overs to spare, what's the complaint?
I think Raqibul is a long term #4 for us, he may be struggling a bit, but he is player well worth investing in.
I don't have any problem for his today's slow game. But in most matches he puts us under pressure. In ODI, no 3 batsman must be able to defend and attack. Most of the times he lacks the second thing.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
OK and lets keep on getting 230 runs and blame it all on siddons. And that 230 is if Mashrafe and Shakib plays well during the death.
You have to play according to match situations. Getting 230 today would have won us match as we were chasing only 173. Roqibul was playing according to the situation. You can't start a thread questioning his style of batting when we were chasing 173 and had 20 plus overs left to get 40 odd runs.

He CAN play shots when required. He has most of the shots, but on most occasions he comes to bat after a short collapse of the top order and he has to focus on rebuilding the innings.

If he had played the same innings when we were batting first, probably you would have much better points to start with.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
This argument will go no where.
I wanna bet one thing.
Raqibul will be permanently dropped from the side in next 2 years .
Any one up for the bet?
Old October 11, 2010, 10:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
I wanna bet one thing.
Any one up for the bet?
I will take your word for it. But wont bet with you. (betting is ....stani thing)
Old October 11, 2010, 10:06 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I wanna bet one thing.
Any one up for the bet?
Yes, I am up for it.

One week free lunch at the chosen Bangladeshi restaurants when I am in Bangladesh. Done?
Old October 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Yes, I am up for it.

One week free lunch at the chosen Bangladeshi restaurants when I am in Bangladesh. Done?
can you bring some of the chosen food for me when you come back to uk (obviously its going to be good)

BTW what do you think of my new signature?
Old October 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think Jahirul should play instead of Mahmudulla or even Raqbul in 4th ODI. Jahirul is in good form and needs to be included in 4th ODI.
Old October 11, 2010, 10:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Yes, I am up for it.

Done.